[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are these games good or what? I've never played a just cause
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
are these games good or what? I've never played a just cause game before.
>>
Might as well get the 3rd. It's just 2 with a few more features and better graphics
>>
played JC2 one summer and dropped like 100 hours on it just having all kinds of fun. It can be repetitive but thats the only one Ive played. Traveling around, exploring, and fulfilling your main objective of blowing up everything is pretty satisfying sometimes
>>
>>318362243
>be in a boat
>going as fast as I can
>suddenly boat nosedives underwater
>points itself upward
>soar out of the water like a majestic bird
>parachute over to the party ship
Good times
>>
Anyone know if Just Cause 3 will be using Denuvo?
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-29-19-55-03.png (3 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-29-19-55-03.png
3 MB, 2560x1440
>>318363875
Yes
>>
yeah I played them both after a friend recommended them. They are like a saints row-esque sandbox where you blow the fucking shit out of everything that moves and parachute at least 3 times every 10 minutes
>>
>>318361536
imagine GTA with 10x larger map but fewer pedestrians, and you play as Spiderman with a wingsuit
>>
>>318361536
Trailers make it out like its some super serial hipster story oriented rockstar game.
>>
Hella fun
>>
>>318361536

No. They're fun for 20-30 hours and then you've beaten the game. There is no incentive to keep playing and the collectathon is pathetic. I beat the entire game on the hardest difficulty in 40 hours. The only thing left to do after that is collect additional armor, vehicle and weapon upgrades even though there's nobody left to use them on because you've cleared the entire map and destroyed all traces of the panauan military. Jc1 was a much better game, but nobody will admit this because the mechanics are dated and there's less lolsorandumb humor.
>>
Meme games, pretty much. They only became popular with JC2 and that was only after GTAIV disappointed those who were looking for zany adventures.

Blowing shit up gets boring after the first 2 hours and the physics aren't fun enough to play with. Gunplay is subpar also.

Basically, if you enjoy a randumb plot and don't get bored with blowing shit up, you'll enjoy it.
>>
File: 2015-07-20_00003.jpg (419 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-20_00003.jpg
419 KB, 1920x1080
>>318361536
it's entirely dependent on how creative and smart you are. you get out of it what you put in.

I have a shitload of fun coming up with elaborate explosions and jumps and things in 2, and 3 looks like it has about four times the options for everything

if you're no fun allowed play it to beat the main story and get epic achievements like >>318366639 you won't get much out of it.
>>
>>318366878
lol mexican ninjas so epic XP
>>
It's a make your own fun game. If you want on rails trash then play something else. The story is 80s action movie over the top kaboom one liners with your friend being a Texas redneck who loves barbeque and America. Most people here will dismiss it as a le ebin reddit game
>>
>>318366878

I wish you baitfags would fuck off instead of insinuating that everyone who disagrees with you is no fun allowed. Jc1 was a lot of fun, the difference is it was the first game in the series. 2 and 3 have nearly identical content except for graphics and the story. I personally liked jc1 the most because you can't use the grappling hook on the ground. You still have to rely on vehicles for mobility, but you can do vehicle stunts and use the hook to your advantage in combat. Jc1 has shitty mechanics though, like enemies respawning when you move the camera.

There's no content because there's literally no content. Everything in the sandbox that doesn't pertain to story missions helps you complete story missions. Stronghold takeover for reducing enemy resistance in the area, upgrades and faction items for money and unique weapons, and races for money. There's nothing to do and nobody to do it to once you clear the sandbox. It doesn't take very long and it's absurdly repetitive since most of the military bases are copy paste. In order to make a good sandbox game, you need world building. You can't have fun in the sandbox without any sand to play with. Jc2 is just an empty box and jc3 will be the same except you get a bucket and pail.
>>
>>318367069
>mexican
You could at least play the demo before shitposting, anon.
>>
>>318367174
Oh anon, you're taking a kids' game so seriously. Please tell me what Latin American analogue they come from.
>>
>>318361536
JC2 was boring as fuck.

Ctrl+c/v level design, Ubisoft Open World checklist bullshit, the works. Grappling/Parachute combo was fun but the physics are so imprecise and underwhelming (you'd think using a car as a wrecking ball would be more fun) that you just end up checking boxes until you get bored and bumrush the story.

I hear the multiplayer mod and JC1 were fun, maybe I just got the worst of it. Either way I regret spending the money.
>>
File: preload.png (125 KB, 445x231) Image search: [Google]
preload.png
125 KB, 445x231
LET ME PLAY THE GAME CUNTS
>>
>>318361536
It's good if you actually play games for fun and have a functioning imagination.

If you're and autistic gamer who just grinds out a game to 100% as fast as possible before moving on to the next, then no.
>>
>>318367158
Jesus you have no life
>>
>>318361536
what do you think

reddit: the game, everything from the name to the content to the gameplay to the fucking art style is reddit

shit heap game, btw op is a shill
>>
>>318368551

>enjoy a fun game with no replay value
>criticize it for having no replay value despite being a sandbox

Why are you so mad that I don't like just cause?
>>
>>318368659
UPVOTED
>>
File: 1419335756493.gif (3 MB, 357x281) Image search: [Google]
1419335756493.gif
3 MB, 357x281
>>318366735
>Meme games

This is the stupidest criticism /v/ has invented in a while.
>>
JC2 was fun as fuck, But honestly I dont think they're worth full price

But if JC3 was say $30 or less, it'd be a steal I'd imagine
>>
>>318368659
This post is literally reddit trying to make the game theirs,everything they say is false.
>>
>>318370370
>a game named 'just cause 3' isnt reddit

everything about this pile of shit is reddit tier dont delude yourself kid
>>
>>318370496
There he goes again, reddit the post. Trying to claim the game is theirs.
>>
This has to be the most boring game to watch in existance.
Was looking at some Twitch Streams to get a feel for the game and all I saw was lots of standing around puting your hook on shit and streamers giggling about weird physics.

I don't see any reason for the price tag if it's just a new Just Cause 2 map.
>>
>>318368659
>>318370496
Are you a literal retard or something
>>
>>318370496
"A Just Cause" not "Just [Be]Cause"
>>
>>318361536
Jesus Christ no, they're bad third person shooters with one fun gimmick that you might love, or you might not.
Either way, play a demo first, and play that demo a few times, and decide whether you want to buy the entire game.
>>
>>318370594
It's $25. That's a pretty fine price tag.
>>
You know how you sometimes played GTA by just spawning a tank and wrecking fucking everything? JC is basically designed around delivering that consistently.

JC2 is one of my favourite games because it basically just goes "Fuck microdetail, we want a GIANT FUCKING MAP that is vertical as fuck as well, so your grapple, parachute and vehicles have a huge playground", and it delivers.

Mechanics and physics are all built around being explosive and ridiculous as well - for example, cars take more damage when you're not in them, meaning they're prone to well timed action explosions. The game is just "HOLY FUCK THIS IS AWESOME" action with some genuinely neat mobility mechanics.

I'd recommend 2 to anyone and 3 looks fantastic since it looks like basically 2 but better in every way.
>>
File: 1446685543183.jpg (25 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1446685543183.jpg
25 KB, 500x375
>>318361536

Story has never been even remotely good. It's most basic shit ever. Go to objective A and blow shit up then return to home base for some halfassed cutscene. But the open world blow my shit up is fun. You can ignore the story for hours and just explore the map which isn't full of NPCs like Asscreed but it's not that empty like /v/ parrots. You can be very creative how you blow shit up cause muh grappling hook. The vehicle selection is fucking huge so behind every corner you might find your new toy.
It's fun for me but I can see how some are put off by doing the same shit over and over again.
>>
>>318370638
>>318370639
hey reddit
>>
>>318370594
>>318369847
>>318367634
>>318367158
>>318366735

Seconding all of these. Game gets incredibly full after about 10-15 hours.

It'd be fine if there was actual variety, but everything other than the grappling hook and chute feels like utter shit and is completely unsatisfying.

Oh you wanna roll around in a tank? It feels like shit. Oh you wanna shoot some giant, really satisfying guns? Too bad fuckface, the guns feel like shit.

Yeah just grapple dudes into other dudes into exploding barrels for 100 hours. It's super fun guys.

Fucking hell, it's goat simulator level of entertainment.
>>
File: wow.jpg (39 KB, 631x184) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
39 KB, 631x184
Fucking kek. Even steam knows the fanbase for this game.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.