[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how did the Gamecube survive the war between PS 2 and the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: gamecube-set.jpg (2 MB, 3760x2110) Image search: [Google]
gamecube-set.jpg
2 MB, 3760x2110
So how did the Gamecube survive the war between PS 2 and the XBox? What did the Gamecube do that the Dreamcast couldn't?
>>
>>318360954
Smash Bros.
>>
Not be a last ditch effort after a decade of losses.
>>
>PS2 150 million
>GC 21 million
>Xbox 24 million
>>
>>318360954
The Dreamcast didn't kill Sega. Years of poor decision making killed Sega, and the company was already on its deathbed when it was entering the 6th generation.

The PS2 just gets credit because it was the final nail in the coffin.
>>
>>318360954
It had pretty good exclusives and Nintendo has some pretty powerful brands. It still lost the generation, anyway.
>>
>>318360954
It had 1st party Nintendo games and people to purchase it on that fact alone just like with the N64

/thread
>>
>>318360954
>What did the Gamecube do that the Dreamcast couldn't?

Have games.
>>
File: powershield dsmash.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
powershield dsmash.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>318360954
Super Smash Bros. Meleeā„¢ for the Nintendo GamecubeĀ©
>>
>>318363393
>guy on the left

Who holds a controller like that?
>>
>>318363469
That's abate, the luigi player. I hold my controller like that when I play falco so I can consistently get ez multishines, but when i'm playing non-spacies i hold it "normally"
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.