[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need to know this before I buy this game: does it continue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 13
File: Bloodborne_Cover_Wallpaper.jpg (61 KB, 250x312) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne_Cover_Wallpaper.jpg
61 KB, 250x312
I need to know this before I buy this game: does it continue the tradition of underwhelming final bosses of the Souls series?
>>
No, especially if you count the DLC's final boss
>>
Nope.
>>
>>318350791
no
>>
nope
>>
Final boss in base game (not the 3 cords ending boss) and the final boss in the DLC are both better than more than half the bosses in any of the Souls games
>>
the final boss is great the final final boss sucks ass but is great for lorefags if you like that.
>>
>>318350791
not this time, no.
>>
>>318350791
No. Final boss is pretty great.

Most of the bosses are pretty great.
>>
tonight gehrman joins the hunt
>>
>Allant
>Gwyn
>Manus
>Aldia
>underwhelming
>>
>>318350791
The final boss has a tophat. Thats all you need to know.
>>
>>318351059
What's wrong with Moon Presence?
>>
>>318351170
True allant was pretty dissapointing, but cool in the lore aspect.
>>
>>318350791
i think this has the best bosses out of the souls series, design and combat wise
>>
Gehrman was pretty boring, I guess he's better than Gwin and Nashandra. Dunno why everyone likes him so much.

I liked False King Allant a lot more than him(fuck you, he's the final boss of Demon's souls).
>>
>>318350950
>>318350987
>>318350994
>>318351073
>>318351135
>Implying moon reborn isnt fucking shit
>>
Isn't there like 3 final bosses in it?
>>
I've heard people say that dark souls's final boss was underwhelming, but I didn't think so. The first time I fought Gwyn, I was so afraid of his attacks that I was afraid to parry, and my fight with him was like 30 minutes long, as I only got scratches on him in between combos he would lay on my shield. I would agree that he's not as fun to fight on re-plays, but that first time I fought him was as perfect an ending to dark souls as I could have expected, and I thought it was refreshing that the final fight would be against another human in a final duel.

I know some will say "git gud he's parry to win", but let's be real, the great majority of players can't parry every one of gwyn's attacks successfully.
>>
>>318350791
gwyns only underwhelming if you parry like a madman.

Honestly, i don't see why from thought it was a good idea to have gwyn be that easy to parry.

Parry-able is one thing, but that easy to parry is another entirely.
>>
>>318351429
moon beast is kind of easy, but the soundtrack for him is great, and the fact that his body looks so similar to structure of all the other beasts reminds you what the blood plague was all about.
>>
>>318351408
Celestial emissary, living failures, micolash and witch of hemwick would like to have a word with you.
>>
The new final boss from the DLC is easily the hardest story boss
>>
>>318351689
>1
i killed gwyn in about 10 seconds with homing missile spam, then stopped playing.

dark souls/hard
>>
>>318351734

Micolash was fine, more of a "puzzle" boss. Also that AOE can fuck you right up if you don't know how to be aggressive.

Witch of Hemwick was a fine early-game endurance boss. Very tense.

The other two yes. But those are definitely the weakest boss fights. Still doesn't imply that a majority of the bosses aren't fantastically designed. The evolving combat of bosses was stellar.
>>
>>318351734

Overall it's true the bosses are better than the souls games-in terms of number of phases, looks, and attack patterns.

micolash is basically just exposition.

The rest aren't that great in difficulty but living failures at least fits in with the lore of the level-as they are the final form of those bag heads youve been fighting for an hour.

I could think of way worse bosses in any of the souls games (if we're comparing 'shit' to 'shit').
>>
>>318351734
Micolash was an easy boss but a very nice one, the setting was awesome
>>
>>318350791

Gehrman was the best final boss for a souls game to date.

I kinda feel bad having to fight the secret ending boss after him because he was so damn good...

https://youtu.be/3V9zxXN1rx0
>>
So, I just killed Gascoigne in NG+ with my other character, what do I have to do to get the Eye in order to access Hunter's Nightmare?
>>
>>318352463
Beat Amelia.
>>
>>318351734
Living failures were 4 Kings done right without shitty DPS/Tanking
>>
>>318351347
I think he was talking about Yharnam.
>>
>>318352578
Thanks, senpai
>>
>>318351734
witch of hemwick kicked my ass. she stunned me then ate me a bunch of times
>>
File: Yusuf.jpg (96 KB, 477x720) Image search: [Google]
Yusuf.jpg
96 KB, 477x720
>>318352792
She's actually my favorite boss in Bloodborne. Love Ludwig, Amelia, Orphan, Martyr, Amygdala Shadows, Wet Nurse, Gascoigne, Gehrman, Maria, etc... but Yharnam was very very creepy and theatrical - and also fun if you didn't know how to parry well already (I know).
>>
>>318351734

all of these bosses can rape you if you're not careful. otherwise there's nothing wrong with having an easy boss here and there, especially considering living failures and celestial emissary are both directly before much more challenging bosses
>>
>>318352013
>he hasn't fought Micolash in NG+4. He just keeps spamming AoE over and over and over again and is 10x more agressive. The only boss that I've seen change their tactics. Basically everything one shots you
>>
>>318351734
Living Failures is probably the best mob boss From Soft has done to date.
>>
So I need a bit of help. I'm at the boss fight in the Forbidden Forest and I would like it if someone can give me a hint of who I should take out first. Is it a good strategy to kill the guy who throws fire, then swordy mic swingy pants and lastly the guy with the candle. I would get help with them but I'm not a plus member so I have to go solo.
>>
>>318350791
No, the final boss was the coolest shit out of the entire franchise.
Paradoxically however, the True Final Boss is total ass.
>>
>>318356191
Faster (more aggresive) to slower if you don't want to have a hard time in the end.
>>
>>318356191
I've always done that one solo. I try and evenly attack each just hitting and running. if you need an order, I'd go sword then candle then mage. Also I think you can use a shaman bone knife to basically have one turn on the other two.
>>
>>318351952
>homing missile spam

I bet you'd always rush for the rocket launch in halo 2, didn't you, you fucking scrub.
>>
Why do so many people hate on Moon Presence?
Just because it wasn't as hard as the previous boss?
>>
>>318356117
Phalanx in DeS is still my favorite for best mob boss.

I was shocked by how much I loved the Lady Maria fight in the DLC. That fight is gorgeous to watch and fun as hell.
>>
>>318356735
For me it was because it was so chaotic after the elegance that was the fight before. Also it wasn't as flashy nor hard.
>>
>>318351170
False King Allant is the only good last boss in all the games.
The true king is a coda.

Manus is worse than the boss that immediately precedes him, Aldia is fucking terrible which is crazy because everyone bitched about what's her face and they gave us something just as boring but with a telegraphed fireball.
>>
File: 1433604277142.png (215 KB, 620x525) Image search: [Google]
1433604277142.png
215 KB, 620x525
>>318356821
That's fair, Phalanx was a good 1-1 boss with a great introduction
From went all out on making satisfying bosses for The Old Hunters. I just got to The Orphan of Kos and I didn't think I would love a wailing fish zombie as much as I do now
>>
>>318356735
Because Gascoine was infinitely better in every way.
>>
>>318351734
micolash is one of the most fun bosses. His fight was very unique and gave me a DeS vibe. Hemwick witches are also fine, kinda Demon's Soulsy. Other 2 are dumb I agree
>>
>>318356735
It's underwhelming
Like it has a cool design and it's a neat reveal but then when you fight it and realize that the true secret final boss about as hard as fucking Cleric Beast, and it's intended to be a real fight unlike say King Allant at the very end of DeS, that's a bummer
>>
>>318357024

Firestorm, Rat/Morion, and a bunch of other stuff 1 shots him. Other then that he has a 50/50 dash thrust, and a couple slow as fuck combos, and soulsucker.

He's slightly better then Gwyn, but strictly worse then Gherman.
>>
>>318357229
Yea that fight is also super memorable. Although those giant fish in that stage men can rot in hell.[/spolier]
>>
>>318352412
I like that he's there, because I can fight gehrman without going into the next game so I can do pvp. That's one thing I hope returns from ds2
>>
>>318356821
>phalanx

Anyone else ever fuck up on new game plus and use hiltless on it and basically one shot yourself?

And agreed on lady Maria. Those fire attacks were gorgeous.
>>
>>318357229
>He hits phase 2 and the shit really hits the fan
Worthy final boss to the game.

Honestly enjoyed Ludwig more though, that 2nd phase of his made me smile like an idiot and then I realized how fucked my character actually was.
>>
>>318357458
>it's intended to be a real fight
Yeah, but it's also intended to be beat right after the difficult fight with Gherman after you've potentially drained all you resources.
>>
>>318356821
>flaming blood blades as she dances around the arena
10/10 dlc honestly.
>>
>>318357576
>>318357725

In a dusty clock tower with shafts of ligh shining through, all the while antique wooden furniture explodes as you both dance around the room.

Seriously, FROM. Amazing stuff.
>>
Fuck it, since this is a Bloodborne thread, why the fuck won't the game let me use the Whirligig Saw
>>
>>318358023
How about the first boss in the series history that has a cut scene transition into an entirely different boss with amazing music? This DLC is seriously some of FROM's best work
>>
>>318358072
Do you have the required min stat values? It should show you what stat is too low.
>>
>>318358587
My most minimum stat is 36 for bloodtinge, everything else is above that
>>
>>318358670
Why are you even above 125?
>>
>>318351734
witch of hemwick was a really cool fight mechanically

I'd like to see more fights that are interesting like it is.
>>
Not a decrepit final boss that offers no challenge, but it is a boring fight.
>>
>>318356735
Because the boss that you fought 5 seconds before it was more difficult.
>>
>>318351429
>implying most of /v/ has even gotten the true ending
>>
Yes/No
The main final boss is amazing, one of my favourite Souls fights.
But the TRUE final boss is really underwhelming.
>>
Quick question, so is Bloodborne essentially hell? I mean if you do the bad ending, your grave stays and you are also there so is it hell or at the very least purgatory?
>>
>>318356735
>go from the then best humanoid boss of the series with fantastic music and phases to another beast battle with a camera that wasn't meant for it.
The Rally attack it does was really cool, but otherwise its just another monster that flails across the battlefield at you.
>>
>>318358670
Hmm. Nothing fancy about equipping the pizza cutter. Might want to try relaunching the game or playing offline.
>>
>>318359461
We've got ourselves a new Vaati here.

Seriously speaking though, where the fuck do you even get hell?

There's no bad ending. That ending is waking up in the real world when the night and hunt has finally past and leaving the Hunter's Dream. Every hunter who leaves it gets a grave.
>>
>>318359396
Eh a bit, but it's optional and other optional bosses like Amy were always a bit underwhelming.
>>
>>318359703
Not to mention, it being easy was what they intended.
They wanted players to beat it on their first try straight after the fight with Gehrman.
>>
>>318359676
He's talking about when you take Gehrman's place.

>>318359461
But nah, it's not Hell, it's literally another dimension or realm of consciousness (Hence: Hunter's Dream).
>>
>>318359676
Alright so what if the whole Night of the Hunt is hell, The Hunters Dream is Purgatory and you accepting death is Heaven?
By that logic you being the Moon Presence's bitch means it is permanent Purgatory and you becoming Cthulhu's little demon spawn means you are as a Hellish overlord.
>>
>>318359703
I have a hard time finding Amy to be underwhelming, presentation and you being able to fight one of them was cool as shit.

2nd phase has him/her/it ripping its arms off as the music gets hype as shit. Nothing underwhelming about that.

Celestial emissary is the real lame boss of the game.
>>
Finally beat Ludwig today. I still have shivers from when he was snapped out of his beastly state by the sight of his sword. This is the best boss fight I've had the pleasure of playing since The Boss in MGS3.

Music, setting, tone, and difficulty combined to make a fight that had emotion behind it, not just challenge.
>>
>>318360013
Fair enough. And I agree CE is the lame duck of BB.
>>
>>318360013
>that satisfying feel when the amygdala is the structure in your brain that regulates fear
>>
Do you guys like the human boss fight in bloodborne ?

Just fought Lady Maria yesterday and damn, parrying makes these bosses way too easy

So then i'm thinking "well do it without parying" and i realize the entire boss is centered around you being able to parry especially with her third sword form

You don't even have to be in the way for it to work
>>
>>318359941
Ah, my mistake. On that topic that's not hell nor purgatory, that's being the host to the Hunter's Dream and having it exist as a thing.

>>318359995
You can attempting layering the concepts of hell, purgatory, and heaven over a lot of things, but they're not really anything to do with the game's plot even slightly. Like there's actual things happening to cause the beast's curse, the hunt, etc, insane and mad experiments and so on. It's Lovecraft inspired, not Biblically inspired.
>>
>>318360524
Love them, I think its fine to parry them because they are far and away the most aggressive and dangerous bosses in the game.

I think the damage on ripostes could be toned down a touch so you can't just chain slam them, but overall they are usually the most dynamic and interesting bosses in the game.
>>
>>318360189
The DLC kinda fixed this bosses with the failed experiments, they are still quite easy but at least there's a 4 kings like mindset to adopt
>>
>>318360758
I dunno i don't think staying around and waiting for a parry is really fun

Artorias was really agressive too and yet you couldn't parry him, the humanoid bosses have Gwyn's syndrome of being actually interesting to fight but they are centered on parrying them so you bypass their entire bullshit
>>
>>318360996
The bosses in bloodborne are far less complacent in letting you stand around waiting for a parry, along with limited bullets means you have to actually try to parry.

Different games son, In the souls series a shield and a game balanced around a slow roll with a shitload of I-frames makes all the difference.
>>
File: Serpent_mage.jpg (322 KB, 500x630) Image search: [Google]
Serpent_mage.jpg
322 KB, 500x630
who cares about boss battles? all of them are boring. you should want to be fighting berserk sneks
>>
File: Church_giant.jpg (428 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Church_giant.jpg
428 KB, 1920x1080
>>318362885
>not Berserk apostles
Son, I...
>>
File: Ludwig-1200x675.jpg (114 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
Ludwig-1200x675.jpg
114 KB, 1200x675
>>318362885
>He doesn't know
>>
File: askyourmom.png (208 KB, 410x453) Image search: [Google]
askyourmom.png
208 KB, 410x453
>Ludwig fight
>First thing he does is jump up in the air and drop on me with an instant kill
>>
>>318350791
King Allant was great tho
>>
>>318366701
muh moonlight
>>
>>318360013
>>318360189
Nah, CE is hilarious. Witches are the disappointing boss of the game.
>>
You know how everyone pretends souls games have bosses where you have to spend hours learning attack patterns and getting perfect dodges, when in reality you just run in and press R1 while healing more than usual?

The final boss of the dlc is actually like what people pretend the bosses to be.
>>
>>318368667

Really? Didn't think "oh fuck, there's two of them" the first time you fought them?
>>
File: unabated.png (216 KB, 848x466) Image search: [Google]
unabated.png
216 KB, 848x466
>>318358994
My character is level 200. Just beat all the dlc bosses yesterday night, was fun. (NG+)
>>
File: image.jpg (198 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
198 KB, 1280x720
What level should I be to fight this guy?
>>
>>318369959
60ish.

Not having a lot of vit is really bad for this fight as his magic easily takes huge chunks of your lifebar.

Also, learn to interrupt his phase change with backstabs.
>>
File: 1355354805797.jpg (5 KB, 123x120) Image search: [Google]
1355354805797.jpg
5 KB, 123x120
>>318351734
>based micolash cage
>bad
>>
File: Dark Souls fanboys.jpg (107 KB, 450x635) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls fanboys.jpg
107 KB, 450x635
>This thread
>>
>>318350791
Depending on what you define "final boss" as its either incredible or mediocre because there's 4 final bosses.

If you choose the lame ending and submit your life the final boss you face is decent but nothing special (since it's just the last boss of last zone, not the actual ending). If you choose to fight the final boss it's one of, if not THE, best 1v1 humanoid fights in a FromSoft game: the arena, the music and intro are all 10/10 and the actual fight is great, legitimantky a 10/10 fight.

But if you did certain things during your playthrough there is another "secret" boss Immidetly after, which has a 11/10 reveal and appearance but a fairly generic fight. Still a great "holy shit" moment if you don't know what triggered it to happen.

There is also another boss at the end of the optional chalice dungeons which are much harder than the normal game and will almost certainly be the final boss you face if you are going for 100%, it's an interesting fight and has some very unique mechanics, not the best, but still good.

TL;DR, what most people consider the final boss is the best fight in the game, but depending on what you do he may not be the last boss you face.

>>318359461
If anywhere is "hell" in Bloodborne it's the DLC area.

It's where Blooddrunk hunters go and spend eternity mindlessly killing beasts until the corpses pile up as high as buildings.
>>
>>318370205
Sorry, did we play the same game? Isn't this the guy you're chasing through those hallways and the when you catch him he has one shitty attack. It's literally just a time waster fight and nothing else. The worst boss fight in the series in my opinion.
>>
>>318370428
>If anywhere is "hell" in Bloodborne it's the DLC area.
This. Everything does so much fucking damage it's phenomenal and borders notfun.
>>
>>318370449
>goat music
>goat setting
>goat dialogue
>not enjoying hide and seek

its like you hate fun
>>
>>318370172

this

i found VIT in Bloodborne to be the most important out of the Souls games

especially if you're doing the DLC. if you don't have at least 40-50 VIT you're gonna have a bad time
>>
>>318351689

It wasn't the screaming humongous 'epic' boss battle that everyone seems to want in games, but it was definitely a good boss battle. I mean, in a game where you consistently fight the biggest, most humongous enemies, how is one more big baddie going to make an impression on you. Gwyn was a pretty good 'journey's end' boss and I think it was intended as such. Sure they could make him like the Orphan of Kos, but both are valid ways of ending a game. Like story-wise and gameplay wise, you should be able to stomp him and that's what made his fight and his theme so enjoyable the first time around. Bloodborne's final boss, ignoring the moon thing, continued the tradition albeit stronger than Gywn. It's definitely, again, more blood pumping when the final boss is something closer to you rather than some eldritch abomination with limbs sprouting out his ass. Like we've seen that before.

>>318350791

That said, all the DLC boss fights are excellent. None of them are really disappointing and it's crazy hard to have that balance of fun and frustrating.
>>
>>318371086

>It's definitely, again, more blood pumping when the final boss is something closer to you rather than some eldritch abomination with limbs sprouting out his ass. Like we've seen that before.

this

i wish we had more hunter fights like Gascoigne, Maria and Gehrman but the game is filled with way too many 'ragged beasts with 4 legs'
>>
File: 1428818355569.png (218 KB, 800x590) Image search: [Google]
1428818355569.png
218 KB, 800x590
>>318351689
>the great majority of players can't parry every one of gwyn's attacks successfully.
This is what creates the divide.
Some people can't grasp a mechanic that requires extremely precise timing and will end up punishing you into a combo that may be certain death.

Some people are naturally very good at this or practice a LOT and receive great rewards for it.

The problem is that the latter tend to call it easy. Parrying is not easy just because you're good at it, it simply means you have gotten very good.

Another issue extending from people acting like this is that they're seeking praise through insult. They want to be praised for finding a very difficult part of the games easy, but instead of bring proud they lash out at others who have difficulty, creating a cycle of faggotry that no one can escape.
>>
File: 1440073261372.jpg (34 KB, 488x521) Image search: [Google]
1440073261372.jpg
34 KB, 488x521
>>318370585
There is nothing fun about that, it was just tedious. And then the first time you play and you finally catch him and you think ''Oh fuck yea now it's on'' and the he just stands there throwing some shitty tentacles at you sometimes while you beat the shit out of him until the little bitch starts running again FUCK.
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.