[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not sure if /v/ is the correct board to post this, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: Solid_Snake.png (287 KB, 410x800) Image search: [Google]
Solid_Snake.png
287 KB, 410x800
I'm not sure if /v/ is the correct board to post this, but how many of you have joined the military and what games are most similar to it? I've been thinking about joining the Marines or Air Force. All I do is get D's and C's in college, work out, and play video games.
>>
Any of the cod modern warfares are going to be the best option for depicting what modern war is like
>>
>>318348945
Except death is a bit easier in real life.
>>
>>318348687
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuTkgi7scKo
>>
>>318348945
Heard ARMA is like copy and print of real life.
>>
Been thinking about this myself op, airforce specifically. I would have to get in better shape of course.

Any military anons wanna bluepill me? I think it would at least be nice to go visit other country's (South Korea in paticular) because I have no other means.

I'm 23 btw, is it too late?
>>
>>318349567
23 isn't too late. I'm 19 and just can't see myself doing much in college. And also it was give me a good chunk of time away from video games so new games may actually be exciting to me.
>>
>>318348687
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
War as a video game. What better way to raise the ultimate soldier?
>>
>>318349964
Elaborate m8.
>>
>>318349976
b-but it's indistinguishable from the real thing!
>>
>>318349054
Death in the military is only on the front lines. You easily could be part of a logistics section and never get hurt.
>>
>>318352083
Doing the same thing and I'm 24. It's something I need to do or the what if will bother me for the rest of my life. Everyone has the misconception that youre going to be infantry and die, that's not the case unless you score a fucking -10 on your test. and even then you could end up mopping and sweeping floors and still never see combat.
>>
>>318352304
What do you mean by what if?
>>
>>318352494
The "what if" of wanting to join the military my whole life and getting old and never doing it will probably bother me, so I figure it's something I need to do now while im still young. As naive as that sounds, it's kinda where i'm at atm.
>>
>>318352941
I feel ya' on that then. I'm currently at the state where like I said, C student in college going for graphic communications, but really no idea on what the fuck I am doing. I feel as if joining the military will be a good guide to let me simply get my head straight.
>>
>>318352941
What about the "what if" of studying hard and becoming a scientist? Why doesn't that bother you?
>>
>>318353495
Fair enough question. I think I just know right now I'd put myself in debt by going to college because I don't have the discipline required not to fuck around and end up partying. in earnest, I would like to get that experience under my belt, and then come out and take advantage of the GI bill and choose where I want to go from there.
>>318353343
I hear you, sometimes you need something like that to whip your ass and set you on the right path, we all learn differently. I think as long as you go into it knowing it's gonna be what you make of it, there's no harm. Unless you get super unlucky and get sent to fucking syria or something.
>>
>>318353343
Go to /k/. There's a Military Enlistment General there for people interested in enlisting.

>>>/k/28032515
>>
File: do you feel like a hero yet.jpg (59 KB, 680x382) Image search: [Google]
do you feel like a hero yet.jpg
59 KB, 680x382
>>318348687
War is not a game.
You are not a hero.
>>
File: 1424039201750.jpg (21 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1424039201750.jpg
21 KB, 429x410
this cant be a legit question...
>>
>>318348687
Insurgency because the way the game handles being shot at.
>>
>>318349567
30 year olds join. Youll be fine. Airforce is great because of living conditions and pay. Go for it, you really have nothing to lose in the air force.
>>
File: MEG - How to military.jpg (1 MB, 1676x3440) Image search: [Google]
MEG - How to military.jpg
1 MB, 1676x3440
>>318348687
Also, get your ass into the link >>318353981 posted OP.
>>
File: America SF Fam.jpg (48 KB, 589x361) Image search: [Google]
America SF Fam.jpg
48 KB, 589x361
>>318354345
>Being this much of a commie fag
baka desu, senpai
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.