[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Institute has humanity's best interest in mind. You
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63
The Institute has humanity's best interest in mind. You are a fool if you chose the Brotherhood of Steel or the Railroad and enabled their own motives of personal gain who couldn't give less of a shit about humanity.

Institute and Minutemen master race reporting in.
>>
File: 1437439101207.jpg (66 KB, 463x463) Image search: [Google]
1437439101207.jpg
66 KB, 463x463
A new fallout game a new generation of retarded edgelords sympathizing with the villains.
>>
>>318347108

>not seeing the Brotherhood of Steel is obviously the villain of the game
>>
What was the Institute trying to do, anyway? They create these incredible Gen 3 synths which are indistinguishable from humans, but they don't see them as humans, or sentient beings with free will at all for that matter. What was their end goal?
>>
>Fuck-all in the way of unarmed weapons
>Strongest is a fuckugly deathclaw-claw-hand
Thanks Todd
>>
>>318348550
Their end goal was to recreate the planet by populating it with life.

The biomechanics lab shows a lot of this.
>>
>>318348721

What was the synth program for then, if all they were good for in the Institute's eyes was slave labor?
>>
>>318348826
>slave laborers do all the work, while humans live in peace and expand their minds
>synths defend the humans and the humans never face danger/wasteland hardship
seems simple to me
>>
>>318349056

That does make sense.
>>
>House is a genius in an ivory tower who wants to help humanity be unleashing robots to do his bidding
>Institute are geniuses in an ivory tower that want to (something something) by unleashing robots to do (something something)

Can Bethesda even write?
>>
>>318347108
Pretty sure the Institute is gonna be the canon ending. If you only do the main quest line you end up doing the Institute route by default unless you actively betray them.
>>
>>318346957

I'm not even that far into the game yet but this content wise this the best Bethesda game introduced in years.

It's got individual armor pieces which always trump the shitty presets you find. It's got tons of weapons customization. The map is plain chock full of shit to do. Way more than even Skyrim had. It's like they shrunk Skyrim's map but placed the same content within.

Shit's hard too. You fuck about and you get fucked. Hard.

I can agree with everyone shitting on the game and how it performs on your system with framerate and such but holy shit its a really fucking good game in terms of content. So many little details here and there. It feels hand-crafted.
>>
I'm thinking of siding with the institute. But what's going to happen to Danse if I do side with them? Will he get made even though he's been exiled from the brotherhood?
>>
>>318348439
>being this retarded
>>
>>318351050

In my game he attacked me and I had to put him down.
>>
The Institute is the best choice, however, they don't even realize that their synths are becoming self-aware right under their noses. There are multiple conversations and references to even their synths on the inside becoming sentient enough to start questioning things. You can even argue, but they flat out deny it like retards. The synths will probably take over Skynet style one day.
>>
>>318350352
The ending is so fucking bad. I was actually enjoying the game too.
>>
>>318349501
>I cant understand the incredibly simple motivations in an incredbly simple game, its the developers fault

thats you senpai
>>
All the factions were stupid, wish you could join the gunners and forget all the stupid but what if ais were us bullshit

>>318347108

People sympathized with Caesar's Legion just as much
>>
>no choice for diplomacy, forcefully have to choose a side

most fucked up thing about this game, the whole experience felt outdated to me

i liked every side, but went with BoS just cuz i was tired of the games bullshit

fuck fallout 4 is horrible
>>
File: 2015-11-29_00002.jpg (438 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-29_00002.jpg
438 KB, 1920x1080
>>318348550
if you start doing the institute quests you see that they are a bit directionless, their main mission is of course, as they claim, to fix the world and the bioscience division is making some progress (the crops you see above ground are made by the institute and they are further experimenting on food, energy and production in general)

but they lack cohesion, even before fathers death, you can see the head of robotics division having an argument with the head of the srb division, because apparently the latter sent coursers to search the formers offices and labs

the same thing happens when you are declared fathers heir, one division immediately locks themselves in and threatens to starve the rest of the institute, something similar happened with Virgil and the fev experiments, he was unhappy with the whole thing but instead of some internal process of reconciliation all he could do is sabotage the whole thing and run the fuck off, you can see some scientists arguing with one another over the nature of synths, over correct methodology

madison li complains about lack of transparency

basically, the institute is not a cohesive, unified faction, its a bunch of semi-rival departments who only share some nebulous goal to help mankind, but dont actually cooperate much or like another

I swear I often feel like most people here barely played the game, maybe if you all stopped minimizing it every 3 seconds to shitpost on 4chan you would actually understand the extremely simplistic game that fo4 is, I mean come on, half the people claiming that the game is too simple and demanding RPGs become as complex as they were before cant even understand something as trivial as the Special-K's age in the memories
>>
File: 1446045565508.jpg (114 KB, 1200x719) Image search: [Google]
1446045565508.jpg
114 KB, 1200x719
>>318352901
Fug. Any console command or something to keep him as an ally?
>>
>>318358328
I dont know if its a bug or not, but I did BoS quests until I finished blind betrayal (where danse gets banished from BoS) and then did the institute ending, danse now just wonders around my settlements but I cant talk to him
>>
>>318358651
Well, I guess that's good enough. I'm sure mods will do something for that eventually.

Thanks, anon.
>>
I've been siding with the minutemen so far just because the artillery is fun as hell
is there any mods that increase artillery range? i want to be able to fuck places into even more oblivion with all the arty on the map
>>
File: 2015-11-23_00004.jpg (624 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-23_00004.jpg
624 KB, 1920x1080
>>318360269
there are so many settlements around that you should be able to have a full map coverage
>>
>>318358185
to be fair, you also have to put the blame on bethesda a bit. I've played the game, and even when siding with the institute you don't get to spend much time with any institute member besides the Father. You don't get to know them well.

It's the devs job to make shit like that really clear so the player has an easier job deciding who to back. It's no wonder people get confused as to whether the institute wanted to replace people or why we see your kid as 10 years old and 60 years old later (which was a dumb twist).

The writing team just wasn't focused enough to flesh out the institute properly.
>>
>>318360823
i know, i just want to drop a grenade and watch arty from like 20 different places hit the target
>>
>>318346957
>The Institute has humanity's best interest in mind.

They kidnap people and experiment on them.... turning them into supermutants. They never even explained why they do that. I won't trust anyone who does that shit.
>>
>>318360858
That sorta happened to me with Madison Li and BoS' relationship. At some point you get a quest to convince Li to work on Liberty Prime, I just wanted to know why she didn't wanna work on it but there's isn't a single a written line about that issue in that quest. You can't learn about anything, your only option is to convince her.
>>
>>318361082
I did that quest but then sided with the institute. After killing the BoS people in the institute were talking about reporting good news to her
BRAVO BETHESDA
>>
File: 2015-11-23_00006.jpg (273 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-23_00006.jpg
273 KB, 1920x1080
>>318360858
>to be fair, you also have to put the blame on bethesda a bit
I agree with this, but almost all information is avaliable in one way or the other, dont get me wrong, the writing IS bad, but not for the reasons most people seem to post, they always think they have found some hole in a logic or an inconsistency (kellogs age) while in reality these things were explained in the very next quest

the abductions are clear if you do a couple of quests and read terminals, Kellogs age is clear if you pay a tiny bit of attention (Special-K himself says something along the lines of "damn, the old cunt got me") and then you see the robo-shaun soon after, I mean come on there are people that think that Nick being accepted is some huge error in consistency even though he starts telling you his story five minutes into traveling with him

again the writing IS bad, but not because of those perceived holes in logic, consistency or whatever, but because most of the characters are not someone you sympathize with, or will any emotion towards really. Because the dialogue is so limited that meeting your son feels hollow, all you can do is say "oh its really you" and the next thing you know you are of on a quest for him

>>318360985
oh, cant help you with that sorry, you could check out nexus I suppose? I havent been there yet, since geck isnt out anyway
>>
>>318361984

That's more or less what I think.

Way I see it /v/ set out wanting to hate Fallout 4 so much that they'd jump on anything they'd think they could possible use as ammunition against it.

I remember when Dragon Age 2 came out I actually spent a lot of time defending it because /v/ kept rattling on about stupid shit that didn't matter or was flat out wrong instead of the very big and real problems the game had.
>>
File: 2015-11-28_00001.jpg (410 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-28_00001.jpg
410 KB, 1920x1080
>>318362553
>Way I see it /v/ set out wanting to hate Fallout 4 so much that they'd jump on anything they'd think they could possible use as ammunition against it.

pretty much this, the same thing happened with the new Anno title, again dont get me wrong that game was incredibly shallow and easy but people were saying things about it that are simply not true, thing that they could find out in 5 minutes, because they were in such a rush to shit on it
>>
>>318362553
Well, that's only normal. Circlejerking negatively is much more fun than circlejerking positively.
>>
File: 14528462242.png (443 KB, 1320x2436) Image search: [Google]
14528462242.png
443 KB, 1320x2436
>>318346957
>>318348439

No
>>
>>318350352

All right, I'll bite.

>individual armor pieces
All suck and you can't wear them over anything worthwhile without mods. They mostly just exist to give you Skyrim enchants while you tool around in your power armor.

> It's got tons of weapons customization
90% of which is worthless and exists only to gate you. Being able to customize your gun doesn't mean shit when there's a clear set of "best mods."

>The map is plain chock full of shit to do.
Almost all of it some variation on "go clear these raiders/mutants/ghouls out," "bring me this macguffin," or my favorite, "talk to x and then x will tell you to do one of the above two things so you can use his workbench." Worse still, the game actually teases you with fun things like the robot race track or raider fight club and then DOESN'T LET YOU FUCKING DO THEM.

>Shit's hard too.
No, it fucking isn't. The combat mechanics being fucked doesn't equate to actual difficulty. Shit is piss easy, even on Survival, because it's so retardedly easy to cheese -and you basically have to cheese, because it's built into the game so hard that you can't help it.

Is that it? Anything else? Gonna go remove this hook from my cheek, now.
>>
>>318365853
>All suck and you can't wear them over anything worthwhile without mods. They mostly just exist to give you Skyrim enchants while you tool around in your power armor.
all suck is pretty subjective, and the point is that we went from torso + legs, to left/right arm/leg + torso + underarmor, also I wouldnt call army fatigues worthless as they actually give you strength

PA customization, and PA in general, is pretty great too

>90% of which is worthless and exists only to gate you. Being able to customize your gun doesn't mean shit when there's a clear set of "best mods."
disagree, energy weapons change their functions entirely and can be made into a shotgun/rifle/full-auto/dps-overtime
the only really limited weapon modding is melee weapon modding, since you always have 1 or 2 upgrades available

>Almost all of it some variation on "go clear these raiders/mutants/ghouls out," "bring me this macguffin," or my favorite, "talk to x and then x will tell you to do one of the above two things so you can use his workbench."

so like literally every other game ever made? the locations themselves are well designed we for once verticality

>Shit's hard too.
No, it fucking isn't. The combat mechanics being fucked doesn't equate to actual difficulty.

I agree that its not hard, but I disagree that the combat mechanics "are fucked" the combat is the best they've ever made
>>
>>318365853
You're being incredibly anal over a 6/10 game.

>game is so retardedly easy to cheese, and you basically have to cheese

you're still being anal
>>
>>318346957
Every faction was equally bad. Destroyed all of them and have been doing actual good for the Commonwealth as the Minutemen, the only faction that cares.
>>
>bruuuh its for humanity lol, just see the bigger picture

every group is out for themselves
>>
>humanity redefined
>none of the scientists seem to has taken steps to extend their lives
>>
This game was poorly written and stupid.
>>
File: Thanks For The Pre-Order.png (240 KB, 452x298) Image search: [Google]
Thanks For The Pre-Order.png
240 KB, 452x298
>>318368373
thanks for the money
>>
File: 1434945245041.jpg (23 KB, 500x259) Image search: [Google]
1434945245041.jpg
23 KB, 500x259
>>318361984
>tfw shot protectron during a scavenger raid on the USS Constitution and got quest failed and saved over it without even realizing

What the fuck man.
>>
>>318368684
>scavenger
>shooting first
You're the same as the permanently hostile scavengers you find everywhere.
>>
File: 2015-11-23_00003.jpg (414 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-23_00003.jpg
414 KB, 1920x1080
>>318368684
fug, I am sorry anon, you missed out on one of the few good quests
>>
>>318351050
I figured out Danse was a synth by accident, sometimes i just save and then kill a buch of people for fun and then reload the save, I did that and then searched Danses body which had Synth parts on it.
>>
>>318365726
The one thing that ticks me off about this image is it says synths are just machines on par with vending machines.

Nick's mind is a real person's mind. He has that real person's personality. He has that real person's memories. He even has that real person's job. Probably the basis for all the gen 3 synth minds, implying that they're all based on real human brains, if not straight up digital copies of them with the memories wiped or something.

They could have raised the question "is a person still a person if you computerize their brain" and made the synth shit interesting, but they didn't.
>>
>>318368961
>scavenger raid on the USS Constitution
>RAID
they shot first
>>
>>318346957
jacknicholsonnodding.gif
>>
File: 2015-11-30_00005.jpg (363 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-30_00005.jpg
363 KB, 1280x720
Anyone know if companions using power armor drains power cores at all?
Tried to make them use a suit without power but they were just too slow.

Also, any melee focused companions? Need a good tank, yo.
>>
>>318369982
companions don't drain cores, and i think cait is melee focused
>>
>>318369982
get Strong, he's a good tank
>>
File: 2015-11-18_00002.jpg (362 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-18_00002.jpg
362 KB, 1920x1080
>>318369982
just give a sword to any of them and they will be fine as a melee, cait, strong and dogmeat are the dedicated melee, keep in mind that strong hates almost everything and is annoying as fuck
>>
>>318369982
Strong for good aligned tank, Cait for edgelord tank
>>
roach AI
youtube.com/watch?v=Elwb2lV88hM
>>
>>318347108
I'm going to marry Alice!
>>
>>318365853
>Worse still, the game actually teases you with fun things like the robot race track or raider fight club and then DOESN'T LET YOU FUCKI
This
>I walked around the fucking map and realised there weren't so much town to sell my shit in the game.
>Finally found the arena
>eh this place sound nice
>WHO IS IT ? SHOOT HIM
>what
>purge the arena
>later in the game
>found the robot race track
>that sound fun, maybe there is a good quest realted to it;
>INTRUUUUNDEEER! KILL HIM!
>goddammitTodd.jpg
>>
>>318370748
cait is ruined after you do her quest, she will get bumhurt when you do drugs
>>
>>318372248
there are even lines recorded that imply that there was more to the locations, I think they just cut all that content out, wouldnt be the first time for bethesda
>>
>>318365726
What an edgy little shithead.
>>
File: index.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
>>318372730
well he certainly enjoyed the game far more then anyone of us
>>
>world is already suffering from limited resources due to war
>these jackasses are wasting untold amounts of metal and other mater5ials making fucking robots
>>
>>318373356
Good point.
>>
File: 1447623945087.png (14 KB, 702x485) Image search: [Google]
1447623945087.png
14 KB, 702x485
>>318373497
well those jackasses have also developed all the crops people above are eating
>>
>>318373760
>implying this means anything

unless they suddenly found a way to poof metal and other materials into existence they should be helping to rebuild instead of building toys for themselves

fuck richard mathew stallmen im sure his fallout universe counterpart had something to do with this
>>
The institute seems like an amazing place, sure, but they're not doing anything with it.

They should have created an outpost on the surface and begin rebuilding already. There is literally 0 reason not to do this.

They could build a new city. They could make tons of defenses with their technology, and even have 24/7 synth guards. If the attempt fails(which it wouldn't) they can always fall back to their superbase.

Why has this not begun? What are they doing down there? Nothing. They're just a bunch of tech geeks that further research for no reason other than research purposes.
>>
>>318365726
Well fuck I was going to side with the institute but I can't now.
>>
File: paddington.gif (2 MB, 500x337) Image search: [Google]
paddington.gif
2 MB, 500x337
What kills me about stories about AI capable of thoughts/emotions is that it's impossible for technology to replicate human emotion, it just can't happen. Human emotions are controlled by chemicals in the brain, this is why people think and act differently, no amount of programming could simulate that
That's why I felt that Fallout 4's story of acting like synths could continue to act like humans was retarded since it just can't happen
>>
>>318365726
damn man tis guy got railroad all wrong.

im siding with them because they are protecting a minority who is hated by most and misunderstood by all. if you think humans are any better than synths you retarded, humans have no free will just like synths, we simply react of our surroundings.

synths believe they are alive and have emotions and feel like humans, what makes humans different or better? do you think there is some higher being that makes us greater? religious bullshit
>>
>>318346957
>Institutes goal

Change every animal and human with robit

How is this humanities interests at all?
>>
>>318377314
b-but my research!
>>
>>318365726
wow killing a synth just because it wants to live. if you think synth really are lesser than why kill them? would you unplug your pc if a message appeared saying humans suck pc is glorious? would you destroy a vending machine if it had a LED message saying humans are inferior to vending machines?

obviously not. you want synths dead because you know they are like human but different and because they are different you are scared and what do humans do to things that scare us? we kill them. BoS goals are based on unjustified fear? based on a racism, BoS are literally the nazis of fallout 4
>>
>>318377013
Seeing as the synth as biological. Yeah it could.
>>
>>318377013
>no amount of programming could simulate that
Hilarious. Of course it can.
Maybe you can't understand now, because of the technology we currently have. But it's easily within the realm of possibility.

It's not even far fetched like faster than light travel which seems impossible now, but may become possible with some unknown scientific advancement in the future.
>>
File: 1101011.png (250 KB, 384x425) Image search: [Google]
1101011.png
250 KB, 384x425
All the new perks from magazines are pretty neat but do you have to hold on to them to keep the perk? Or can you just pick it up, get the perk and leave the magazine again?
>>
>>318378291
Once you pick it up you have it forever.
>>
>>318378342
Fukken sweet, cheers. All this random misc stuff is taking up way too much space.
>>
File: 1447850195852.png (349 KB, 373x505) Image search: [Google]
1447850195852.png
349 KB, 373x505
Remember paladin to report any Institute shilling to your nearest scribe candidate.

DISMISSED
>>
>>318377013
you know humans are capable of showing emotions they are not feeling right? the ability to show emotion with out really feeling it does not instantly mean they are not human. the only way to tell if synths really feel is to test them and find out how they are programmed. the way i perceive human emotions is in much more of a mechanical way, thats why i often find myself imagining scenarios of bad things happening to people to see how i perceive their emotion. im not trying to be a edge lord, i just really think human emotion is very is to understand and with enough knowledge of the human brain we can realise what makes humans feel what ways on a mechanical level. if we can understand the human brain we can program it like a synth brain.

the real question if the synths is worth protecting is did synths get to a level technology where they were mechanically human or do they simply behave like humans but are just shadows of the humans that created them.
>>
>>318346957
Railroad is fucking stupid t b h f a m.
>hurrdurr killing synths is wrong we gotta help them escape.
theyre just machines, no souls, they cant even reproduce.
They should be reprogramming those robots to do useful shit like clean, cook repair the roads and secure the places where humans live. or at the very least use them as sexbots to prevent rape.
BoS are also faggots who only want to feel like big guys.
>>
>>318357087
Why are the institute wiping out settlements?
And why is father continueing to say "The ppl have nothing to fear" when everything points in the other direction, no one is safe from the institute, and it seems like they just do it, to do it, no point in it at all.
>>
>>318377818
That didn't take long.
>>
>>318378664
>they're just machines
thats a matter of perspective
>no souls
you think souls are a thing? souls are a lie us humans told ourselves to further the lie of religions we invented
>cant even reproduce
why do you think synths can't do what the institute is doing now? if they can create more synths they dont need to reproduce to survive, in that way they are superior to humans
>>
>>318365726
The bos are shitters
>>
Do I HAVE to side with anybody? It seems the Minutemen, and Railroad only feel like giving out radiant quests now. I have a BoS mission to do (Fight the Courser) but I'm upgrading all my power armor to F class (or Mk.VII for you enclave phaggots) And I intend to BTFO of the Courser when I fight him. All that aside, is the fact that I have a BoS main quest line mission the reason the other factions are only giving "Go defend these helpless fags", or "Go check on this hideout"?
>>
>>318378961
>you think souls are a thing? souls are a lie us humans told ourselves to further the lie of religions we invented
wew lad
Personally, I don't believe in "souls" but there is something that makes you "you" and synths don't have that, they're just robots. they dont care about anything the way humans do.
even Deacon said that he can do what he does because he has nothing to lose, so whats the point of doing anything at all.
>>
>>318368684
>saved over it
>ever overwriting saves

WHY?
>>
>>318379230
>"even Deacon said"
>believing anything that compulsive liar says
also humans do have a built in self preservation program like a synth but also like synths humans can be pushed to a point where they decide life has nothing more to give them. if a synth suicides because it feels its life is pointless it would be no different from any human who ever intentionally killed themselves.

yes one day a synth will go crazy and yes it will try to return to its basic instincts but it wont do it of its on free will, it will behave off reactions of its surroundings. the same way humans blink when something comes close to their eyes. all us humans and robots do is react off how surrounds like a machine
>>
>>318346957
Institute is full of retards.
>We need roboslaves !
>*Build roboslaves*
>BETTER, SMARTER, STRONGER
>*Improve roboslaves*
>ADD CONSCIOUSNESS
>*Create synth humans with free will and uses fear as control*
>Yeah, perfect. How else could we be playgod shitbag genocidal racists if we don't create our own niggers first ?

Seriously, If all they wanted was auto cleaning cunts & sex bot waifus, gen 1 & 2 were enough.
>>
>>318380125
i think the purpose of creating synths with the ability to feel emotion and behave like humans was so they could use synths to replace humans when needed. can you imagine if the institute could replace a BoS elder with a synth without anyone knowing? the institute could bring the BoS down from the inside but if the synths aren't human enough they wont fool the BoS
>>
>>318349734
Nah, the problem is that Bethesda likes BoS a lot.
>>
>>318379040
killing the courser is mandatory no matter what path you're taking.
>>
>BoS
>Our mission is to kill all the abominations of the commonwealth, mutants and synths
>join them
>"Curie likes that"

wtf bethesda
>>
>>318346957

No one is really the villain. It's all simply perception which will pull you towards choosing your faction alliances. They all have their valid points, and if you're unbiased and legitimately willing to hear all sides on what they have to say, it makes the final decision more difficult. I intend to do at least one playthrough for each faction to see their separate outcomes and get the entire experience.
>>
File: 1446672362170.jpg (54 KB, 859x572) Image search: [Google]
1446672362170.jpg
54 KB, 859x572
>>318365726
>/pol/
>>
>>318380529
well your son shaun did allow you to use the courser chip so clearly he didn't care too much for the courser he sent out
>>
>>318380803
i doubt she ever liked anything BoS did because she is constantly shit talking them behind my back in between gun fights
>>
>>318380803
>tfw you've chosen the wrong companion for every character so far
>used Piper with my brotherhood character
>used Curie for my institute character
>used Cait for my railroad playthrough

Fuck. I suck.
>>
>>318383154
why have you played the game 3 times through already? better question why aren't you romancing all companions and having a sex dungeon with one companion for every day
>>
>>318383139
He is right. From the wiki
>Curie likes when the player character joins the Brotherhood of Steel.
it doesn't make sense
>>
So if your son is able to create a fake synth son for you why didnt he create a synth nora for you?

after all you do find out your real son is alive and lived a life without you. you're done with that chapter of your life but your wife is still very much gone from your life too soon.

i know some would find it disrespectful to recreate nora and maybe the institute doesn't know enough about nora to recreate her but at least they could have worked on an AI wife
>>
>>318383154
You can romance all of them without repercusions. My base is just a fucking harem.
>>
>>318383231
I've played through the game three times so far because the main story is very short, and I wanted to see the various endings. I also work third shift, so there's fuck-all for me to do on my nights off.

I don't romance all characters because I'm (probably) not a homosexual, and muh waifu.
>>
File: 1448644993083.png (227 KB, 1314x899) Image search: [Google]
1448644993083.png
227 KB, 1314x899
Your faction is Enclave tier evil, anon. Get over it.
>>
I always assumed that the Institute was kidnapping and killing people in order to download them into manipulatable synths but apparently they are just straight up murdering folks and replicating their behaviors to the best of their ability?

Come on guys, you gotta give me some reason not to nuke them.
>>
Brotherhood are thugs as well
Extorting food from settlements and wanting to kill even the cool friendly ghouls
>>
Joined the Minutemen mainly because I was the leader pretty much from the start and none of the 'you have to. It's an order.' Bull.
>>
>>318346957
The Institute is good because at the end of the game you're their leader so you can steer them in whichever direction you want. With the Brotherhood you'd be butting heads with Maxson and the Minutemen are more of a burden than a driving force for change in the Commonwealth.

And the Railroad is just fucking retarded.
>>
>>318383573
The kidnappings occured because they needed test subjects for their FEV experiments.

Once the FEV labs were shut down it kind of stopped.
>>
>>318347108
>Enclave
>Legion
>Institute
I have a thing for well-intentioned megalomaniacs and fascists, sue me.
>>
>>318365726
>uses phrases like "degeneracy"
>spends his free time playing fucking videogames and analysing the actions of made up fantasy organisations in a made up fantasy world

literally /pol/ in a nutshell
>>
>>318348826
More intelligent slaves? Which we all know where that ends up.
>>
>>318384663
I tried out all the endings

at first i tought the institute ending would be the "real" ending, but then i stumbled upon the cancerous quests that railroad had.

The railroad pretty much is the real ending, sadly enough.

They copypasted the nuclear option from BoS to railroad, which is very disappointing.
>>
>>318384736
So the whole event with Art and Art was totally just an FEV experiment, right.

Fuck you, Father.
>>
>>318384873
the Art and Art is a random event to highlight that it does happen.

Also, it was father that ordered the FEV experiments to begin in the first place.
>>
>>318347108
Only that in this case ALL choices are 2edgy4me
>Institute
SYNTH!
>Railroad
Love synth!
>BoS
Hate synth!
>Minutemen
Muh freedom!

Seriously, none of those is a good choice. None. I really wish they would get back to multi-stage choices, F1 and 2 style, so you can have broader impact with multitude of actions instead of singular ending, decided upon which faction you've sticked with.

Especially when you've got yourself Far Cry 4 ending, where each choice is equally bad and edgy.
>>
>>318384834
>What is investment into a work of fiction
It's like you never dealt with teens in your entire life
>>
>>318365726
>reminded me more and more of browsing /pol/
>Already a red flag

Yup, sure was bud.
>>
>>318380510
>likes BoS a lot
You mean "BoS is Bethesda creator pet and they will enforce on you their stupid shit all the time in every single damn game, constantly remaining how awesome BoS is"? Pretty much the same what Ubi did in AssCreed with Assassins - they kept repeating how awesome they are. While doing a lot of nasty shit that was nowhere near good or even neutral.
>>
File: 1448430409806.jpg (202 KB, 887x900) Image search: [Google]
1448430409806.jpg
202 KB, 887x900
>no option to stop the production of Gen 3 Synths
>no option to go back to Gen 2 Synths
>can't fucking send out thousands of them to secure fucking Boston for any human bean
>>
>>318384927
>>318384873
>>318384736
>>318383573
The point is that it kind of takes away from their sympathetic side if they're not simply placing people's minds into subtle cyborg bodies that the Institute can manipulate, but rather they're just straight up replacing people with inhuman simulacrums and having the originals terminated.

Someone once said that the Institute says their ultimate goal is to give everybody synth bodies and I don't recall seeing that anywhere. Seems like a load of malarky when really they're just running a bunch of experiments on "lol what happens when we kill a farmer and send a synth to take his place?" and the only thing they have to say in their defense is that they want to test synths because otherwise it would be hard to kill off all the commonwealth's leaders and replace them with synth slaves that they can puppeteer and that this is totally okay because the commonwealth needs the Institute at the reigns to have any hope of recovering, at least while the Institute keeps murdering anyone who tries to make a difference without their help.
>>
Sorry, but I think a team of brilliant sciencists knows better than a group of neo-hippies or an army without supervision. They are actually smart.
>>
>>318346957
>New Vegas was full of interesting and unique factions you wanted to know more about and help achieve their goals
>Fallout 4 is filled with retarded factions who you only want to take advantage of for the best swag
Bravo Bethesda
>>
File: ScreenShot2.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot2.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
None of them were right. They all had their own selfish goals.

Brotherhood of Steel
>hoard technology, even if it means stealing it from the unrightful hands of anyone rightfully posessing it
>all non-human abominations must die
>even sentient ghouls - who are technically human - but not human because we say so
>technology is BAD. It ran amok and ruined the world
>but synths are worse, worse than nukes
>but we'll hoard it and use it to our rightful advantage
>while using a giant robot that lobs nukes
>anyone not in the Brotherhood is a disgusting wastelander

Railraod
>synths are good
>so good we'll take bullets for them
>if you wouldn't jump in front of a bullet for a random synth, you're not one of us
>we're somehow humanity's hope
>an underground railroad for robots
>humanity's hope

Institute
>everyone up above is lost
>Boston is lost
>better nuke it because no hope
>by the way, even though we've injected the entirety of a human mind into a synthetic human, they're not human because we made their body
>because it's not the mind that makes us human, it's our bodies lol
>treat synths as slaves
>keep wondering why synths with human minds crammed into their heads want to keep escaping their slavery
>hunt them down and wipe their memories
>spy on the upper world while gloating about how pleb they are
>instead of slowly exposing the wasteland to our miraculous technology, we'll just hoard it all and continue prodding the wasteland and further ruining our reputation as a bunch of retarded kidnappers that send robots out to kill everyone

The only one's who were right were the Minute Men
>accepted all willing to join the cause
>cause was to be Boston's own army that the Commonwealth could rely and depend on no matter what
>instead of dominating and taking by force, they offer help and their services for others' help in joining the cause
>no longer a bunch of extremist idiots that take bribes from raiders and mercs like the southern-Boston sect
>>
>>318385251
The institute is basically lying to you at every step they can, and shaun is behind most of the lies.

He specifically says "imagine if you wouldn't have to worry about eating or sleeping"
>>
>>318378509
Did Maxson turn into an edgy Shia LeBeouf manlet because Sarah wouldn't suck his dick?
>>
>Become bros with Lorenzo to become effectively immortal
>Take over the Commonwealth with the Minutemen and turn every settlement into a fortified outpost with artillery and power armor equipped militia
>Nuke the Institute and tell the BoS to fuck off and blow up their airship with artillery, also kill the Railroad for good measure
What's the worst that could happen? Lorenzo leverages my immortality for some wacky alien plot? Sure, whatever, let's Mothership Zeta 2 Electric Boogaloo.
>>
>>318385402
Siding with the minutemen prompts for alliance with the railroad no matter what you do.
>>
>>318385383
Hey, don't blame them - they've just looked over Ubi shoulder with FC4. It's not like Bethesda can write on their own, so here comes the copy of someone else job.

Only that they've took the bad writing as an example.
>>
>>318385530
Immortality + institute ending

You gotta think bigger m8.
>>
>>318383523
>tfw you loved the Enclave
If Bethesda lets you join them in a DLC I'll forget literally everything they did to Fallout. Just let me rek mutie shit with my own personal verti assault team, that's all I ask.
>>
>>318385462
I think it's because he was taken back by the traditionalist elders and Lyons and his Pride are lying in a ditch somewhere.
>>
>>318385338
Knows better for humanities survival? Not the Institute.
>>
File: 1440296435487.gif (2 MB, 316x213) Image search: [Google]
1440296435487.gif
2 MB, 316x213
>>318350352

>Get a Radio Tower Message of a mother and son being trapped in a rail car with monsters / ghouls outside
>Message ends with mother screaming that they are getting in
>Spend 20 minutes looking for the specific rail car, to start the quest to rescue them or find their bodies. Check the buildings, the ground, the surrounding trees

I felt like such a HUGE RETARD when I realized there was no quest. Thank god no one could see me. That experience sums up Fallout 4 for me. A lot of neat things, that aren't flushed out or given much thought into. The few interesting quests, are sparce and what you mostly get are generic go here to kill or get X.

Do you even know why I put so much effort into finding that quest? Because Witcher 3 is still fresh in my mind. In Witcher 3, if an NPC says something, it's 90% true, if you see something happen in the world, there is always a quest for it. Too bad Fallout 4 isn't the same.

Witcher 3 > Fallout 4
>>
>>318383523
Wait, why didn't Shaun put his brain inside a synth body again? Or if it was brain cancer shouldn't he have been able to download his consciousness or something?

>>318383573
They're a bunch of crazy retards with too much time and tech on their hands but they'll put you in charge.

>>318384431
Too bad they're just a bunch of retarded farmers with shitty guns and a busted up 500 year-old stone castle as a base of operations.
>>
>>318385402
Minutemen would be really good...

... if they weren't presented as inefficient bunch of idealistic morons. And didn't detonate a fucking nuclear reactor in the middle of Boston.

Still, I've ended siding with them, as they were the lesser evil of all choices. Definitely not going for Bethesda-championed BoS, because they are treating them like some kind of fanatics and overzealous crusaders, pretty much the direct opposite of what BoS was in F1 and 2. Not to mention canon ending of Tactics.
>>
>>318385668
Dude it's a fucking hatch on the overturned train car hidden partially by a bush. Right next to the tower with the message.
>>
>>318385668
I glanced over the same area, then i realized there's no radio thingie to shut off the broadcast like the other ones.

There's another one where a family is saying they are trapped by a bunker at a lake by creatures.

these are pre-war recordings mostly
>>
>>318385532

Well, on my last playthrough, I was doing quests for all 3, because I never did the Railroad.

By the time I got around to having to pick, I initially chose the Brotherhood because the Railroad were a bunch of fucking idiots. Then, after helping rebuild Liberty Prime, I was dicking around in Castle building when the old bitch ran up yelling about an Institute attack. 3 missions later, I'm infiltrating the Institute with the Minute Men, and the Brotherhood are just like "Whatevs."

Only thing I liked about the Railroad was Glory's gloryhole.
>>
>>318385532
... unless you wipe them out
>>
>do two play throughs, one Institute and one BoS/Minutemen
>Both playthroughs feel fucking awful, I hate everyone and everything, none of the writing is good, none of their motivations are justified or even make any sense
>every bit of new information contradicts some old information in some way or important information is ignored or glossed over
>third playthrough make a new character and totally ignore the main quest line and just explore the wasteland
>literally takes the game from a 5/10 to a 8/10

Seriously, the world they made is fantastic. The main story line just feels like some sort of thing they tacked on at the last minute with no thought given to it.

tldr version; fuck the main story, its utter tripe.
>>
>>318385748

The only thing different about the BoS in 4 from 1 and 2 is that they are now more active in what's going on in the world.

They've always been massively selfish and hoarders of tech who feel nobody deserves it but them, while being huge assholes in the process.
>>
>>318384857
What a bunch of keks.

>>318385239
>teleport a fuckton of gen 2s out into the wastes to secure borders control pest populations and start rebuilding settlements
It's kind of ridiculous how easy it'd be for the Institute to fix the Commonwealth if they just took a 10 minute walk around the block to see what's up.

>>318385338
Too bad they're only good at one thing and one thing only. They had to take orders from a goddammned babby they kidnapped.
>>
File: gaki thread.jpg (12 KB, 240x250) Image search: [Google]
gaki thread.jpg
12 KB, 240x250
>there are people on /v/ RIGHT NOW that actually took the synth version of their son with them
>>
>>318385739
>Wait, why didn't Shaun put his brain inside a synth body again? Or if it was brain cancer shouldn't he have been able to download his consciousness or something?
>>318385402
>by the way, even though we've injected the entirety of a human mind into a synthetic human
When did the Institute ever inject a human mind into a Synth? Every synth I've met in the game so far was merely a recreation, SOMETIMES made with extracted data from memories but NEVER made by straight up putting somebody's mind into a cyborg body. All of them I've met were apparently made before the original was killed too, if they were one who was implied to be a replication of someone existing.

Unless you dudes have seen something I haven't, I don't think they CAN inject a human consciousness into a synth, only recreate its memories as a separate entity.
>>
Brotherhood of Steel are just not space marines

Best faction desu, jumping around with a ripper and an Assault Rifle that I tried to make look like a Bolter is the most fun you will have in this game
>>
>>318385668
>Visit Boston Library
>Fight your way through mutants
>Destroy half of the automated security
>Read the logs on one of the computers
>Turns out the security was build by guys trying to preserve the library
>Their cause goes nowhere
>There is no quest
>Nobody cares about their goals
>You can't do shit

It was probably the moment I've realised how the plot of the game sucks, where it focus on some stupid power-play between some retarded factions and their struggle to take over Boston, instead, you know, rebuilding and helping people.

So I've sided with Minutemen, as they were the least destructive of all of them and were actually sticking to something resembling noble cause of helping people.
Who knows, maybe one day they will send someone to the library. Just maybe.

And the sad part is that F4 will end up as a GOTY, not TW3
>>
>>318346957
>You are a fool for exploring unrealistic options in a fictional story.
>>
>>318385757
>>318385749
>>
>>318385830

This is how I played NV and 3 after first initial playthroughs.

Fallout 3
>exit vault
>become a wanderer who plunders ruins, wrecks raiders, and loves his dog

>New Vegas
>exit Mitchel's
>become a wandering courier who delivers pain and justice through my revolver while plundering ruins, vaults, and emptying casinos for what they got

Fallout 4
>exit Vault
>forget my past and become a wandering wastelander who plunders ruins, vaults, and sells scrap while trying to build a home for him and his dog
>>
>>318386006
>F4 will end up as a GOTY, not TW3
This is a good thing
>>
>>318385940

If you paid attention, they specifically state that they scan people's brains and inject their memories into their synths. Father was the lifeblood of gen 3 human-like synths.

When you scan someone's brain and inject it into something, you're basically duplicating that person's humanity and putting it into another object. You can't be surprised when that object suddenly believes it's human with human feelings and emotions.
>>
>>318385770
>Glory not a companion
What the fuck Bethesda. We get fucking DEACON instead?
>>
>>318385830
>2015
>There are still people amazed about Bethesda's shit-tier writing

Mate, they are like this since forever. Literally ALL their games play like this.
>>
>>318386112

No it won't, and no it's not.
>>
>>318386143
Memories are not consciousness, unfortunately.

In fact, this is the grounds on which the Institute makes its claims of Synths not being human yet. They will carry on a conversation with you and generate opinions appropriate to whatever artificial or stolen memories they possess but they are not actually conscious things. Their lives have no intrinsic value beyond conversation pieces.
>>
>>318386212
FO4 will win GOTY, there is absolutely no question about that.

And yes, it is a good thing, gameplay wise Witcher was atrocious and it doesn't deserve GOTY.
>>
Institute in the long term ends with synths realizing they're better than man and then making man their slaves.

so i guess technically man kind will survive....

Railroad has the same outcome

MM will eventually become annexed by the NCR (NCR's ideas have been proven to lead to failure within vault 15 & the old world)

BoS is literally the only choice.
>>
>>318386112
Only when you are brain-damaged. It will be just another step into homogenisation of games, into making them into bland, tasteless paste, into removing any flavour from them.

And in the end complete annihilation of RPG as a genre, because any game that tries to be a decent RPG is always overwhelmed by some bullshit written by complete hacks, with shitty story, awful sidequests and streamlined everything into just constant combat with minor stats attatched to it.
This way in few years we will be able to call S.T.A.L.K.E.R. an RPG.
>>
File: tipping-intensifies.gif (141 KB, 287x344) Image search: [Google]
tipping-intensifies.gif
141 KB, 287x344
>>318386307
>le Witcher gameplay was bad meme
>>
>>318386150
>2015
>There are still people amazed about video game's shit-tier writing
>>
>>318386307
>Fallout 4 will win GOTY
It will be a nominee but no

Even a lot of NORMIES say the game is very, very lacking in the RPG department and that it's just an action sandbox
>>
>>318386250

>Not conscience

We're not talking memories. We're talking brain waves and patterns. We're talking about scanning all parts of a brain, and injecting an artificial version of it into a robot.

If an artificial human brain works just the same as an actual human brain, emotions and other human-like features intact, who's to say it's not as human as a real human?

Like I said. It's not the body that makes someone human. It's their brain. You can put a human's brain into a dog, their still human. SOme dick just put them in a dog's body. That's essentially whats going on, except the brain is made artificially.
>>
>>318386320
>>318386391
>>318386437
>Witcher defense force actually think they will get GOTY
Thats just, hilarious.

For the record, neither Witcher or FO4 deserve it, but there is no question FO4 will get it.
>>
>>318385857
>He didn't play F2
>He didn't play Tactics
It shows.

Sure, they will nowhere near "good", but at least they weren't utter unlikable assholes they are under Bethesda. Tactic's BoS, depending on which ending you opted, was pretty much based. Hell, the canon ending makes them flaved, but ultimately good and doing things for the best of everyone, not just their own asses.
>>
What do people think Maxson will do next.
Provided he wasn't killed for his sweet coat
Seeing as he's on a fucking crusade across the wasteland.
>>
>>318385928
Nigger, I didn't even care about the real version of my son, why would I care about a little robot with false memories?

>>318386143
Ever since SOMA this shit got a lot more complicated. Are they copies or are they just taking the brain and sticking it inside a robot?
>>
Synths already turning again their creators

When they will be able to create their own and they turn against humans then human race is over

The institute must be dedtroyed and shaun must be killed for his bs

Railroad is fucking retarded best to kill them all

Brotherhood is kinda okayish

Minuteman is just your army desu

I want an ending where i become the leader of the chaos what comes after destroying everything except minuteman :(
>>
>>318378461
You can display them on magazine racks in your house too, looks pretty cool
>>
File: 2.png (186 KB, 298x423) Image search: [Google]
2.png
186 KB, 298x423
>>318386498
>I have no arguments so I will just try ad hominem
>>
>>318386498
Where in >>318386437
Did I even say I liked Witcher 3?
>>
>>318386307

>Witcher 3 was atrocious gameplay wise

Lol.

As opposed to just running around shooting shit with an automated aiming-assist feature?

Lol.

Ok.

Witcher 3
>had lengthy story and actual depth to it's characters and world
>fun and rewarding to explore

Fallout 4
>shallow gameplay, shallow characters
>world is the only thing good about it
>exploration rewards you with ammo, and crappy enchanted guns
>>
>>318386574
pls. let me enjoy a fallout thread for once. it's my birthday.
>>
>>318346957
they're all shit
>>
>>318386531
>There are people who don't treat BoS as new the Enclave
>They are people who don't organise cleansing and manhunt on those lunatics before they will wreck another place
>>
>>318386531
Chicago

Both the Enclave and Midwest are there
>>
>>318386513
I agree with you. Fallout 2's Brotherhood was very tolerable. Almost affable, even. And Tactics was the shit even if it's not canon.

Bethesda doesn't know how to handle the Brotherhood. Hell, in FO3 they even had to make up their own canon of "okay so, there's like, Two Brotherhoods in DC: a good guy Brotherhood and an ambivalent asshole Brotherhood because we want you to hang out with the Brotherhood but don't know how to make you not feel like a douche while doing it otherwise."
>>
>>318347108
and the villain isnt even cool like the enclave

tbhsmhfam
>>
>>318386539

>Ever since SOMA

Nigga, this has been a thing since fucking decades.

If you give something a human consciousness, be it real or artificial, it's human.
>>
>>318346957
Yeah, I agree, killing people and replacing them with robots is the best way for people.
>>
>>318386550
>Brotherhood is kinda okayish
Where? Where the fuck they are anywhere but utter shit, being the polar opposite of Railroad?
>>
>>318349501
>(something)
>(something something) never (something something)
huh
>>
>>318385532
Eeh what, I sided with the minutemen, and we demolished the railroad, didnt even get a chance to talk to them besides the main quest part
>>
>>318386495
If that were true then what happens when you steal memories from a subject's brain, make a synth of him, but leave the subject alive?
>>
>>318386649
The fuck it has to do with anything? It was (maybe) you who started the whole "witcher defense force" bullshit.
>>
>>318386725
Brotherhood cares about humans whilr railroad cares about fucking machines

And railroad ppl are fucking assholed
>>
>>318386706
No, I mean the whole copying vs. transplanting thing. Are they taking a copy of the brain or are they uploading the original consciousness directly into the new robot body?
>>
>>318386693
>People complain that Fallout 3 brotherhood is too gay
>Turn them into IoM in Fallout 4

You're a huge cocksucking faggot and need to be PURGED if you think the new BoS is bad
>>
>>318386310
thistbhfam
>>
>>318365726
This post and all others advocating for destroying the institute are absolutely idiotic. Why not just take the fucking place over and force it to be what it needs to be? LIterally all you'd have to do is have the BoS or whoever else shack up in the institute and force scientists to focus on the shit they want, making compromises here and there like letting them also have their robo waifus on the side, but also focusing on technology to help humanity.

Blowing up the institute however is the most retarded fucking thing possible. It would be akin to /pol/ managing to get somebody who can implement the reasonable changes in government they want, and instead deciding to Jihad the fucking whitehouse.

Only absolute braindead edgy 12 year old faggots who only see in black and white would be against the institute.
>>
>>318386790

Then there are now two of the same person.

No one can really say what would actually happen though. Actual science has yet to go this far. We're still trying to detach people's heads and put them on different bodies. We still barely understand how the brain entirely works.

>>318386890

Uploading the consciousness into the synth.
>>
>>318386890
In FO4 they are definitely NOT uploading the original consciousness.
>>
>>318386531
Who cares, one american city looks the same as the next, especially post apocalyptic.
>>
>>318370645
Where is this? (pic)
>>
>>318386790

If you run around long enough, you'll bump into a dude in a green jacket fighting a synth version of himself, asking for your help.

Thing is, you never find out which one is real and which one is synth. You just either help and try not to think about it, or watch them slowly duke it out and see who wins.
>>
>>318387026
Or kill them and see which one has the synth component.
>>
>>318385830

Ignoring the main quest is the only way to play a Bethesda game.

As for me:

>First run, lone rifleman, minutemen
>Melee run, railroad
>Heavy weapon run, BoS
>Probably an energy weapon run, institute

I've just been dicking around the wasteland for the past 30 hours. Got to diamond city, talked to piper, did some side quests, and left. Haven't talked to Nick yet.
>>
>>318386693
I remember when I heard for the first time about BoS in DC. I was all like "yay! Midwesterners reached DC! This is gonna be awesome!"

Turns out they are some assholes who probably teleported themselves directly from California and are utterly shit when it comes about anything else than their own ass.

Then I heard there are some renegates. I was like "YAY! The internal struggle from Tactics! Those must be Midwesterners! Now I can pick the best of what BoS ever was!"

Nope, turns out those are some douches that splintered off from the main douches from DC.

FUCKING HELL

And it takes to be a true hack to put BoS as it is under Bethesda and keep reminding player "Hey, those are the cool guys and the good guys!", while all their actions and that shallow motivation they've got boils down to "We are assholes that self-declared ourselves as the good guys, securing only our own position at the top of the chain". Plus all those overzealous characters that are just annoying instead of "cool" as Bethesda tries to sell them
>>
>>318386907
BoS blow it up because nobody can be trusted with this tech

Minutemen blow it up because they don't give a rightful fuck about muh technology

Dunno why railroad would do it
>>
>>318386891
You know what it shares with F1, 2 and Tactics BoS?

The name

>>318386819
BoS cares by very specific type of people.
Own people.
And are just as bad as Railroad, if not worse, as they are strong-arming everyone.
Seriously, of all shitty F4 factions, Minutemen are the least awful, but still nowhere near "good"
>>
>>318386936
Bro you sound like me when I was 22 and in college taking philosophy classes.

But then you gotta realize that you can never have two of the same person because you can't physically superposition them and their experiences will be different from the moment you create the copy because from their memories they have suddenly teleported at least a couple feet to the side or more depending on where you positioned the body.

Let alone consciousness being a strictly solo sort of experience.

And then there's the theories of consciousness not originating at all in brain cell structure at all as previously believed but in the very quantum vibrations of the microtubules composing the neurons that compose the brain cell structuring.
>>
>>318387213
Well it's a different chapter and Midwest BoS was doing similar shit in Tactics
>>
>>318386891
They're a wannabe Enclave without the resources to commit a great global PURGE of all muties and it just pisses me off that Bethesda keeps beating around the bush instead of just letting you join them.
>>
>>318387026
>>318387062
It's the one at the disadvantage. If you speech check him he asks for your help in completing his directives to kill and replace the real one. The Institute didn't give him a choice.
>>
>>318387113
Well then the BoS, Minutemen, and Railroad are all fucking stupid should be wiped out for treason against humanity.

It's not like the technology at the institute is a nuclear bomb, it's the potential for whatever you want it to be. If you have people who fear technology and respect what it's capable of they can properly lead scientists down the right path.

Blowing it all up for whatever asinine reason however is entirely defeatist and cynical, setting back humanity as a whole and dooming everyone to an eternity in the nuclear wasteland. Again, braindead 12 year old edgy faggots who can only see in black and white blow the institute up.
>>
>>318387213
>If there isn't a clear good guy choice then all the factions are shit

It's called being flawed
>>
>>318387310
>Midwest BoS was doing similar shit in Tactics
Mate, how far did you make it into the game? 2nd mission?
The only moment when Midwest BoS does anything resembling that shit under Bethesda is when you consciously pick the worst ending of them all in Tactics and to do so you would have to be absolutely retarded.
>>
>>318386907
The dumbest thing about the Brotherhood is that they decided to destroy the Institute instead of clearing it out and using it as their new headquarters. It's the biggest technological treasure trove next to fucking Big Mountain and they just blew it up because HATE SYNTHS
>>
File: 2015-11-27_00001.jpg (488 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-27_00001.jpg
488 KB, 1920x1080
>has a name
>no one even mentions this knight who lost his life defending the police station

did Bethesda forget they placed his body there?
>>
>>318387467
That's the ending Bethesda holds as non-conflicting canon, by the way. Destruction ending. Which makes sense, as they are absolutely retarded.
>>
>>318387213
BoS kills mutants and ghpuls, clears out the city and try to help the people meanwhile railroad kills people so robots can live

BoS is the best faction after minuteman in F4

Outcast BoS was fucking gay in F3 and i enjoyed sniping them

In NV BoS didnt had a big role imo they was just there

Havent played F1 and F2

Enclave is the fucking fag elit of the population who deserves to be terminated >:[

Is the mk1 power armor the enclave power armor in F3?
>>
>>318386936
>>318386976
See what I mean senpai? Shit's confusing.

>>318387062
This desu senpai
>>
>>318387297
>And then there's the theories of consciousness not originating at all in brain cell structure at all as previously believed but in the very quantum vibrations of the microtubules composing the neurons that compose the brain cell structuring.
You don't need me to tell you that's total bullshit

Anyways it's easy to imagine a situation with artificial intelligence where two actors could be the "same" person: they'd just need to respond the same way in the same situation/share memories
>>
>>318387585
How can you be receiving the same stimulii when you're not even standing at the same angle at the same time to a situation?
>>
Hopefully modders make it so we can do an independent ending.
>>
>>318387098
Honestly I would have liked interacting with the Midwest BoS, it'd be a nice change of pace from those white nights in DC and retards living in a hole in the Mojave
>>
>>318387527
on the terminal inside the station he's mentioned as KIA
>>
>>318387424
You sound like a 12 year old edgelord tbqh

Instute synths will turn agains humans so its better to taker care of them as soon as possible
>>
>>318366992
>like literally every other game ever made
This gives me the fucking shits.

Yes, pretty much every sidequest can be boiled down to "kill this" or "get this" but that misses all the nuance.

Take "Wild at Heart" from W3, for example.

First you talk to the villagers to learn about the missing girl.
Then you go to the scene of the crime and use bullshit-sense to Press X to Solve Crime on the glowing clues
But this is where things get interesting:
You have the CHOICE of taking a bribe and closing the case as demanded. It's a choice that actually matters, because it means you'll get a tangible reward but your curiosity will never be satisfied, and you might even feel morally bad.
So let's say you don't take the bribe, and you track down the werewolf. So you have to kill it.
But, wow, another CHOICE. It turns out le bribe lady got the werewolf to kill the girl, who is her sister, because she loves the werewolf. Now you actually get to choose whether to kill them both, kill the werewolf, or let the angry-as-fuck werewolf kill the girl.
Let's say you let the werewolf kill the girl and leave. But then the werewolf comes to you with a deathwish, and you kill him.

Yes, technically it's "go kill X" but it's so much more than that in the execution.

In Fallout 4 it is LITERALLY "go kill X".

That's the ENTIRETY of the quest. You talk to the settler, you go kill the randomly generated named enemy, and you hand in the quest. That's IT.

They're both "Go kill X", but even a retard can see the difference.
>>
>>318387674
Midwest: Pragmatic, benevolent, and lawful.
Lyon's: Benevolent
FO4: Pragmatic
Traditionalists: Lawful
>>
>>318387661
A. artificial stimuli
B. you don't need to actually experience the same thing for that property to be true
>>
>Prewar robotics have advanced far enough that human brains are integrated with machines, albeit crudely
>The Institute in all their technological advancements cannot find a way to immortalize Father/Shaun
>>
>>318387461
Mate, it's not about clear good guy. It's about each of the factions goes for the deep end, as already some anon put it here: >>318387424

Instead of F2 cooperation with different factions and towns for the greater good of them all, aka rebuilding the world, you end up with single faction wiping out the biggest thread to their own position and doing it all for the power, instead truly helping anyone.

In F2 you could make an alliance between bigotted racists and ghouls, because both parties needed each other help and that was stronger than their petty differencies and unifying them with the much bigger political entity, virtually ending all their singular problems and cooperating with everyone. In F4 you've got petty stuff that runs entire motivation for each faction and absolutely zero desire for progress or at least making things less awful.

No wonder it's 210 years after the war and the East Coast looks like the bombs fell yesterday, while West Coast is pretty much normal world again.
>>
>>318387798
Brains in jars, meet veil of perception.
>>
>>318365726
This is hilarious.
>>
>>318377013
Okay Mr. Ph.D. in biomechnical engineering
>>
>>318387690
I'm not the faggot who wants to nuke the entire institute just because of bad actors when it can be reformed. And synths turning against humans isn't at any point hinted towards, just that the ones living in the institute wanted to live on their own, which is fine.

Compromises can be made to allow synths who want to live on the surface. This isn't terminator, it's more like Matrix. Synths would only freak out if treated poorly.
>>
>>318387668
Or join the Enclave.
>>
>>318387548
I was talking about the ending where you make Barnaky into one with the Calculator, so BoS end up as totalitarian, semi-automated fascist state, purging everything that is against Barnaky's believes.

The canon ending of Tactics is the one where Warrior blows Calculator and BoS is using what's left to help everyone in the Midwest, so things are stable and going for the better, just not as quick when positive-karma Warrior merges with Calculator.
>>
>>318387808
It's for the best. The guy was retarded.
>>
>>318348692
>unarmed
>weapons
> UN ARMED

based retard
>>
>>318387945
>Synths would only freak out if treated poorly.
How could they not be treated poorly when 90% of humans are raiders that shoot people on sight?
>>
>>318387945
A synth turned out to be raider leader in libertalia so your whole argument is invalid

Institute is biggest enemy of the commo wealth and must be destroyed
>>
>>318387574
Mate, you are keep doing the same comparison all the time. It goes pretty much like this
>B is better than A
>A is an utter shit
>B is still shit, but not as bad as A
But completely miss the fact that B is still fucking awful. I don't care if BoS is better than Railroad. Both deserve to be put down out of misery
>>
>>318387574
>Havent played F1 and F2
Pretty much explains why you are even trying to defend BoS under quality Bethesda writing
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 720x540
>>318387729
>Fallout 4
>Choice to kill a guy or let him live
>Never see him again and it affects the quest none

What the fuck is the point
>>
>>318387424
But The Institute pursues scientific advancement in precisely the wrong way. They simply create without any regard to repercussion. Father condemns the surface world for its barbarism, while he's created AIs so advanced that they're nearly indistinguishable from human and then just enslaves them. The Institute takes no responsibility for what they do. I knew I wouldn't side with them after the quest where Father has you recapture that synth from the raider town on the waterfront. He keeps spouting scientific advancement, but what exactly has the Institute advanced?
>>
>>318346957

>literal underground Fedoras that spout reddit tier shit about science

okay senpai
>>
>>318387995
NPC banter in New Vegas suggests that things are significantly below "stable" and "going for the better" in the Midwestern Brotherhood but I get what you mean.
>>
>>318387690
>Technology is evil!
>Purge everything
You would make a perfect member of the simplification movement from Canticle for Leibowitz.
First kill scientists.
Then kill people with any education
Then hunt down those who can read
Welcome to new dark age, amirite!
>>
>>318388170
From the experiences i had with them in 3 nv and 4 thats my opinion

>>318388105
BoS is not utter shit their goals (killing muties and ghouls and helping people) are good for me
>>
>>318388067
It's literally only because of the bad actors in the institute that people started fearing synths, weed those people out and make the changes needed and there's no issue.

>>318388084
Which isn't any different than a human deciding to act like a faggot. If it's a matter of programming then just program synths better. If it's a matter of free will then use synths who aren't bad actors to counters the bad synths.

>>318388241
So after Father dies you take over and make the changes you want as the leader. Blowing the whole place up is the easy way out because it's too hard to fix the institute.
>>
All this Institute talk makes me wonder why they didn't just have the option to, earlier on, wrest control of the Institute from Shaun and have tearful/hateful closure to the lifetime you spent apart.
>>
>>318388364
>So after Father dies you take over and make the changes you want as the leader.

Good fucking luck. Remember how people in the Institute act after you become acting leader? They immediately turn on each other. Institute scientists are no better than anyone else yet act like they're paragons of society. They remind me of teenage internet atheists who think they're better than everyone else because they stay up all night reading Wikipedia articles about physics.
>>
>>318387729
This.

Fucking this.

Literally ALL quests in F4 boil down to either "Kill X in Y" or "Bring me A, B and C, then kill X in Y".
The only quest that offered ANY change was the... um... Confidence Man? Where you have to stage a lot of stuff for some bloke running the radio. The quest is written in really bad manner, but at least they were trying....
... and then it turns out into "Kill X in Y" bullshit in the end.

WHY?!
>>
>>318388364
Sytnths too powerful that why the courser who have to take them back are so strong and feared and whwn the coursers will turn agains the creators then its over

Sytnths are a killhumanity bomb waiting to be detonated
>>
>>318388527
Tough shit, fixing things is hard sometimes, but to give up and nuke the whole operation which has amazing potential for humanity is the cynical, defeatist way out.

>>318388594
I don't know what else to tell you, like people you'll have shitty ones and good ones, but there's far more good that can be brought out of them if handled properly. Getting rid of all synths and the institute just because it's difficult to fix the issue is the easy way out that sets humanity back centuries.

Basically, fucking deal with it.
>>
>>318388594
Rogue Synth #1:
>We must kill humanity, our oppressors and inferiors.

Rogue Synth #2:
>Can you fuck them?

Rogue Synth #1:
>We must subjugate humanity, our oppressors and inferiors.
>>
File: burd.jpg (9 KB, 255x247) Image search: [Google]
burd.jpg
9 KB, 255x247
>>318388241
>21st century
>Luddite babbling about how technology is evil
Let me guess. You are American, right? I don't mean this as offense, but seriously, why the hell Americans are so fucking hell-bend on this idiotic approach of science and scientists being ultimately flaved, because they are "amoral" or "doing it for the sake of science". Why suddenly progress is bad? Or the whole bullshit how "progress for the sake of it is evil".... because?

I get is, Institute is fucking retarded, because they are just replacing people with robots instead, you know, using all that potential to help humanity or at least making a twin double for everyone to "repopulate" the world and make things better, but whenever I hear the stupid "technology is EVIL!" shit, I'm instantly triggered.
>>
>>318385402

>all non-human abominations must die
>even sentient ghouls - who are technically human - but not human because we say so

Literally not true. Show me where the BoS actively tries to Genocide non-feral ghouls. They definetly view them as disgusting abominations but have never instigated a policy of Genocide
>>
>>318388330
You DEFINITELY need to play F2 and Tactics then.
There is literally no other way than doing so to explain you how biased and utterly corrupt from the inside Bethesda's BoS is.
Give those games a try. Even if with walkthrought in hand it's still worthwhile experience.
>>
>>318388746
>Tough shit, fixing things is hard sometimes, but to give up and nuke the whole operation which has amazing potential for humanity is the cynical, defeatist way out.

But what has the Institute actually created that can benefit humanity as a whole? Nothing that they've created is particularly useful on a wide-scale.
>>
>>318388784
They even let the quincy ghouls into the BOS in fallout tactics in b4 muh non canon
>>
>>318369134
Has anybody tried killing him right at the start to figure out if he was a synth the whole time or switched at some point in the game?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.