[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HAHAHAHAHAH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 18
File: hahahahahaha.jpg (150 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hahahahahaha.jpg
150 KB, 1920x1080
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>318342885
Damn, Cortana put on some weight
>>
File: 1372977562947.png (31 KB, 721x586) Image search: [Google]
1372977562947.png
31 KB, 721x586
>he plays Starcraft for the story
>>
File: kerrigan.jpg (153 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kerrigan.jpg
153 KB, 1920x1080
GOOD JOB BLIZZARD
>>
>>318343309
>>318343508
Wait, it's Kerrigan? What?

Oh, right, my friend told me she Xel-Naga now.
>>
>>318343508
stopped @ brood war, did she c uck Raynor with a protoss?
>>
>>318342885
why blizzard?
>>
How the fuck did this happen
>>
>>318344649
she kekked him for a xel'naga
>>
Legacy campaign was legit.

Epilogue was terrabad. Did all the writers get drunk or something? That was some fanfic-tier shit for sure.
>>
>>318345985
it feels like it was meant to be part of the main campaign but it was so bad they removed it
>>
Even the cutscene is trash
>>
>>318345985
>>318347601
You can literally take the epilogue out and the story still makes sense and ends well with Zeratul's prophecy just being a ruse to set Amon free, and Kerrigan just gets assfucked by hybrid off-screen
>>
File: pg1.png (367 KB, 802x1136) Image search: [Google]
pg1.png
367 KB, 802x1136
>>318342885
Yeah, even years from now this will still be hilarious. Metzen should be proud: he was able to keep right on digging further and further into mediocrity right up until the very end. There were many, many times in SC2 where someone could have thought "well at least it can't get any worse after this, we've hit the low point" but how wrong they were!

At least there was no bait & switch though. WoL was bad and then every other part was also bad, it wasn't like they just surprise fucked everyone at the end. The bad was right up front and center from the start. There's a certain honesty in that.

>>318343309
>muh damage control
SC & Broodwar actually had perfectly decent lore and an enjoyable enough campaign. Objective reality, according to Blizzard themselves back when HotS was still on the way, was that FIFTY PERCENT of SC2 buyers literally never even went online a single time. Not once. That's even ignoring how many of those that did go online never got into it and still cared about SP.

Nigger, blizzavision loves money. All those cutscenes and shit are expensive. Use some common fucking sense, if a massive percentage of their customer base didn't care they would make it MP-only and save a ton of dosh. The worlds of Blizzard's stuff always matter and was always part of the enjoyment. Warcraft, Diablo and Starcraft weren't Shakespeare obviously but they had charm. Their modern shit sucks.
>>
>>318348415
>actually writing paragraphs about this

holy shit, autism, much?
>>
>muh space warcraft lore
>>
>>318348547
>lol tl;dr amirite ebin XD
I hope someday the modern generation comes to learn that it is in fact not merely possible but easy and valuable to express thoughts and discuss things with other people using more then 140 characters. This is a bad thread for optimism however.
>>
>>318348832
I didn't read this post either. sperg.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 300x300
>actual Xel-Naga are tentacle-faced space elephants
>Kerrigan is also Xel-Naga but she's a flaming Phoenix lady
>>
I dont get it. Then again i dont play starcraft.
>>
>>318348893
It's fine, I'm glad you're here. I was wondering what sort of person a modern Blizzard fanboy was, and now that question is answered.
>>
>>318343309
no, I play it for the missions
>>
>>318349035
I vaguely recall some handwavy horseshit about how "Xel'Naga" is really "anything uniting purity of form & essence so their look changes but they are eternal XD" or something, basically an excuse for Metzen to have his waifu jesus-chan stay a pretty lady. Fucking stupid.
>>
File: 1442679133677.gif (2 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
1442679133677.gif
2 MB, 320x213
Starcraft was my childhood, but oddly enough this didn't bother me. Mostly because it was expected, although I didn't expect it to be this fucking ridiculous.

Anybody who expected a decent ending was a fool, I saw this shit coming a mile away. Still, It was at least entertaining to a degree. Gameplay wise it was far above HotS.

I actually like LotV, It's good that it's over so now we can move on to something else. We got good new characters from each game so I'm happy SC2 happened.
>>
>>318342885
Paranorman did it better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mjlAItuw3s
>>
>>318342885
Rise of the Pheonix, writers watched read too much Xmen me thinks.
>>
>>318349714
Legacy ending was fine. Free the protoss, lock Amon in a stone, everyone's happy. Drop dat shit in a black hole and call it a day. Time for space beer and space hookers.
>>
>>318348415
>At least there was no bait & switch though. WoL was bad and then every other part was also bad, it wasn't like they just surprise fucked everyone at the end. The bad was right up front and center from the start. There's a certain honesty in that.
>>318349714
>Starcraft was my childhood, but oddly enough this didn't bother me. Mostly because it was expected, although I didn't expect it to be this fucking ridiculous.
>Anybody who expected a decent ending was a fool
This. Can't really be angry at this point, just have to shake my head and laugh.

>We got good new characters from each game so I'm happy SC2 happened.
You think competitive MP will get anything out of it? I kind of stopped paying attention, I have no idea what the koreans think of it. Have they all gone back to BW or move on to other stuff?
>>
>>318350421
>You think competitive MP will get anything out of it? I kind of stopped paying attention, I have no idea what the koreans think of it. Have they all gone back to BW or move on to other stuff?
I never payed attention to competitive Starcraft, I always just played bot games and had fun. I get my shit destroyed against other players, like before I even have a small group of units they have battlecruisers and crap.

The addition of Co-op I'm loving though, because now I can keep playing the campaign and with a teammate and an iconic Starcraft character as a commander. I really like it. Swann is my favorite. That laser drill is great for game saving asspulls.
>>
>>318350839
I'm so goddamn awful with that drill on anything other than the defense missions. its hard to keep sight on objectives.
>>
I don't play Starcraft. Was this a really bad plot twist or something?
>>
>>318351231
Basically everything after the original SC and its expansion pack Brood War was a mess of terrible neo-Blizzard writing. It's really, really bad.
>>
>>318351231
>I don't play Starcraft.
Why are you even in this thread then?

>Was this a really bad plot twist or something?
No, it was the rotten cherry on the shit cake. See earlier anons, it was hilariously bad but not remotely a "twist" everyone was expecting Metzen to do some shit like this since that is literally all he knows how to do.

If you really want to suffer with everyone then I guess you could just go onto YouTube and watch the cinematics, though if you never played SC1/BW you won't get the full depth of why it sucks rather then just being shit writing in general. Really though if you haven't played and don't need closure there are better uses for those hours of your life. Skip it and be happy.
>>
>>318351231
Metzen decided that Starcraft 2 should be a story of a boy and a girl instead of a galactic war. Kind of like how Warcraft 3 should be about Moses leading his orcs to the promised lands and star wars instead of a war between orcs and humans.

He's kind of a dick that way.
>>
>>318348547
you're a fucking idiot if you're on 4chan and don't have the attention span to read for a full minute. if you're trolling then 8/10
>>
>>318352474
>you're a fucking idiot if you're on 4chan
well
>>
>>318348415
>"well at least it can't get any worse after this, we've hit the low point"

> mfw i've thought that atleast 6 times over 3 games.

So glad i didn't pay a dime for them.
>>
File: 1282106190517.png (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1282106190517.png
56 KB, 500x500
>>318351538
>Kind of like how Warcraft 3 should be about Moses leading his orcs to the promised lands and star wars instead of a war between orcs and humans.
>HotS
>kerrigorn off on ebin adventure
>fuck the effort to make me human i mad
>primal zerg gotta catch 'em all
>orcs^w zerg are just poor misunderstood shamans in tune with nature who were corrupted by demons^wAMON
>this time Jim doesn't forgive and remembers fenix an-hahahaha who the fuck am I kidding
>"my pleasure darlin"
>LITERALLY I MUST RETURN TO MY PEOPLE AND FLOATS INTO SKY
It was amazing.
>>
>>318351537
>Why are you even in this thread then?
I get interested in other fanbases problems.
>>
>>318351231

I can sum it up with two pieces of dialogue.

Starcraft 1 Raynor.
> It may not be tomorrow, may not even be with an army at my back. But rest assured. I'm the man whose going to kill you someday.

Starcraft 2 Raynor.
> I'LL SAVE YOU KERRIGGAAANNNNN!
>>
>>318352942
To be fair, Zeratul told him that killing her would destroy all life in the galaxy or something. It wasn't just about luv.
>>
>>318352712
Well, fair enough. I know I've eased the pain when something I liked gets raped by sometimes going to others and seeing that it's not just us, every fanbase has to deal with this shit from time to time. Creates some fellow feeling.

To the extent it might suck mildly more here, it's that RTS isn't as healthy a genre as it once was so it's harder to just write off the bombs secure in the knowledge that something new and awesome will be along soon. Starcraft isn't even my favorite, that'd be SupCom, which got its own horrible abortion of a "SC 2". Though there at least there is still a dedicated community supporting it that has done amazing things, and game is new enough that it's aged well. Too bad we never got assets/source code.
>>
>>318353073

I can't remember half of WoL but isn't he drunk angry and destitute with killing kerrigan being his only motivation since BW? I would have been happy if we had to kill Raynor to stop him killing kerrigan, atleast he didn't do some of the most retarded character backflipping of all time.
>>
>Actually just the Dark Pheonix
Who is responsible for this
>>
>>318353289
He still hated Mengsk more than he hated Kerrigan - everything Kerrigan did, he could blame on Mengsk for leaving her behind to become that person. It makes sense if you squint at it through drunken, bitter, personal goggles anyway...

What I didn't like though is what you're skirting on - that it was less about saving people, and more about him getting his girl back. Kerrigan sure as hell didn't earn her happy ending, no matter how much Mengsk was to blame.
>>
>>318353073
I'm sorry anon, but it was absolutely about love. If it really had been
>BUT MUH PROPHECY
well that actually could in principle have been, you know, interesting. If the writer didn't suck obviously. But it would have created some real tension: Jim wants to kill this bitch, everyone hates her, she's queen bitch of the universe whether she is "saved" or not, but it so happens that she's the lesser of two evils so everyone has to suck it up and deal with it through gritted teeth. The whole war with Amon is this nasty political patchwork, and everyone knows that once the great super ultimate evil is defeated they'll probably be right back to fighting so there's all this positioning and such in the background at the same time, alliances and double crosses and so on. A need to balance not have the galaxy consumed with what comes on the day after.

Not that it couldn't have been fucked up too of course but it's a recipe for a lot of potent interesting plot. Lots just falls naturally out of that. It's not just common but normal for "sides" in a war to involve a number of players that rather then being natural allies merely dislike each other LESS then the enemy they're currently fighting. But of course that wouldn't fit Metzen's Vision(TM) at all. Good guys all gotta be good!
>>
LotV was the best campaign that came out of SC2.
I'm not even mad at the piece of shit epilogue was. Missions themselves were fun.
It's almost as the situation with reaper of souls where soft reset of the universe happened with all the Evils being released again into the world.
Now we still have a Mengsk empire, zergs with another queen that doesn't like humans that much and expands her territory agressively and protoss alliance without taldarim.
Something cool might actually happen if there is 3.
>>
>>318342885
>Metzen did it again
Absolute madman!
>>
How is the sc1 remake maps?

And time table for wc3 maps
>>
That wasn't Kerrigan at the end. It was Uther, dragging Raynor into the Nexus to join Heroes of the Storm.

In all seriousness, I did not need a "happily ever after" ending, nor did I want it or expect it from this story. I am not happy at all with how the story was resolved in the epilogue, and frankly it just makes no sense to me. Just an excuse to get Kerrigan naked and set her ass on fire.

Amon was completely irrelevant in the end, and did absolutely nothing. They didn't need amon in the story and he got in the way. Terran was about stopping Mengsk and Freeing Kerrigan, they could have done that without the Amon stuff easily. Zerg was about revenge in mengsk. Again Amon wasn't needed. Protoss was about uniting the protoss and reclaiming Aiur. Amon wasn't really needed for that either. He was shoehorned into the plot really because they wanted an ultimate evil and destiny stuff instead of just having a good story about 3 races at war.

Raynors ending was a bit dumb. Felt like a bad fan fiction ending. Nothing on Swann, Stetman, tosh. Did they raiders completely disband, where they incorperated into the dominion? What about Fenix, Vorazun, Rohana? They had good plot lines abandoned with no resolution in the end. Maybe they will be the focus of DLC in the future.

I'd give it a 7/10. It was enjoyable but not particularly well executed. I did enjoy how the characters actually talked to each other beyond a 1 on 1 with Artanis. I thought they all had interesting story lines.
>>
My opinions for SC2, prepare your buttholes
>Gameplay wise all three were fun, missions were interesting, minus the bullshit "choices" that WoL tried to force on you and HotS mercifully abandoned
>LotV Co-op is cool
>The campaign's story aspects raped my childhood with rusty dildos

'bout it.
>>
>>318353805
Instead though there was this token reasoning, and this "but Mengsk" shit, but it was just handwaved afterwards and ends up as pure love happy end etc. He wasn't just forced by Zeratul, that was just a plot excuse, it ended up being full of love story done horribly. All the bad things was due to possession/corruption or something. Even though the whole point of BW was that she'd escaped tha-aw fuck it.

Really, it reminded me to some extent of the Starwars prequels. Metzen and Lucas don't now how to fucking write organic development, it's all backwards. They have the end goal and then force everything to go along with that so it feels unnatural.
>>
>>318354169
>don't need sweet ending
>Jim gets to tap intergallactic omnipotent pussy forever in the void
It's kinda ridiculous, you know.
>>
>>318350421
>I have no idea what the koreans think of it. Have they all gone back to BW or move on to other stuff?

Was popular, but blizzard shot themselves in the foot by trying to go against the Korean e-Sports Association (KeSPA) and the multi-billion dollar chaebols backing it. They gave exclusive broadcasting rights to a new broadcaster instead of the broadcaster that owned all of the brood war players. Gaming sites get paid off to slander the shit out of the game before and after release. The broadcaster that lost then proceeded to force League of Legends 5 nights a week and now it's the biggest game in Korea while sc2 is probably the second largest eSport in korea, it pales in comparison to the size of LoL. Brood War is still limping about.

Ironically, all the shit that Blizzard did is now being repeated by Riot and they're about to go in open rebellion against them and LoL. There's a good chance Brood War could have a resurgence and become larger than sc2. Only time will tell.
>>
>>318349670
So... the Reapers?
>>
>>318354335
My head canon is that Kerrigan is actually an ugly cthulu monster and simply using psionics to project the version of herself that Raynor loves.

Every time he nuts in that ghost pussy, he's actually rutting into a cthulu pussy that is as big as he is tall.

Cause fuck Metzen.
>>
File: 1448098006297.jpg (39 KB, 450x379) Image search: [Google]
1448098006297.jpg
39 KB, 450x379
Can someone one explain to me why this is retarded? I never played SC2 but I heard that shit lord Metzen wrote the story for it. How bad is it?
>>
>>318354172
>minus the bullshit "choices" that WoL tried to force on you
Fuck that pissed me off so badly. I actually think a bit of branching and choice would be fine in a campaign, particularly when a company wants to charge a full sixty dollary dildos for each individual arc. However, it has to be actual choice that actually matters, fake "choice" that you go to the trouble to do and then it results in absolutely fucking nothing is worse then pure linear.

Hell, WoL was even worse then that: the choices directly contradict what else happens. Like, I went to the trouble to go out and win that big victory against the Mengsk empire before heading for the showdown. Huge propaganda win broadcast etc etc. This should at the LEAST result in the Emperor making some mention of "the trouble you have caused me" or some shit. Something. But no, Mengsk then appears on screen right there and despite the game stating you struck a huge blow nada. Big middle finger to the player. Bravo Blizzard.
>>
>>318353073

>To be fair, Zeratul told him that killing her would destroy all life in the galaxy or something.

That is because the stupid fucking prophecy shit that they HAD to write in.

Kerrigan was originally a corrupted human that lusted for power once she became a Zerg and led to the death of thousands and a social restructuring of the Zerg, She was not fucking Space Jesus like Metzen made her be.
>>
>>318354169
I got the impression that none of them got out the void alive. I have no idea what the hell the void is supposed to be, but it doesn't seem like the type of place you go on a tour into and just walk out of. They were in pretty deep, and the whole place was full of shadows that were trying to kill them, and their forces were expended and their command centers destroyed and its just not a happy scene.

Then we cut to him being a bar again, and Kerrigan just strolls through the door, despite being a god or something?

I don't know if that was his afterlife or what, but it sure didn't seem like any of that made any sense.

I'd take your Uther theory in earnest over the idea that they all just walk away scott free and peachy keen.
>>
Selendis best girl right guys?
>>
>>318354942
Medic still the best girl.
>>
>>318354457
That makes total sense from my limited dealings with Korea, a lot of Americans in particular I've worked with just do not seem to be capable of truly wrapping their minds around what a chaebol is and the kind of power they wield or their context and the power structures that exist due to the history of South Korea (and the ongoing threats they live under). Kind of depressing too though, I mean come the fuck on Blizzavision. We know you can't get the writing right and the gameplay had lots of issues to start, but that's more the rule then not with giant super megacorps. But you can't even be good businessmen either and hire some decent advisors who actually understand the Korean market? What the hell, what's the point of being having MBAs take over if you can't even get business right either?
>>
>>318343508
>>318342885
i dont and shouldnt expect anything but i'm still disappointed
>>
File: Selendis.jpg (92 KB, 394x600) Image search: [Google]
Selendis.jpg
92 KB, 394x600
>>318355240
Blizzard's stupid, but in Riot's defense it could actually be completely intentional. They saw how Koreans dominated SC2 and basically killed the "foreigner" scene because all international tournaments were Koreans shitstomping on waito piggu. In order to avoid this and have a white team from either Europe or America win their world championship, they need to sabotage the fuck out of the Korean scene.

>>318354942
mai waifu
>>
>>318354172
Completely reasonable and I mostly agree. Except the zerg campaign had really shitty missions and boring ass masteries making me not give a fuck about brutal.

My biggest annoyance is DESPITE all the promises and bullshit that blizzard spun about 3 games at full price and splitting campaign each individual one felt short as fuck
>>
>>318354457
>There's a good chance Brood War could have a resurgence and become larger than sc2

I'd fucking love for this to happen

Might just be me but I find competitive SC2 kind of boring to watch a lot of the time, Brood War was the shit
>>
>>318355794
That pretty much sums up SC2. Or as that other guy said there kept being times where you'd think
>ok yeah this is awful, I have no expectations left
But you were wrong, you still subconsciously thought that it'd hit rock bottom. You couldn't even really understand how it could be even more disappointing. But little did we know. That's why Metzen is a genius and gets the big bucks, he's not as limited in his imagination as we are. He knows how to go lower.
>>
>>318356082
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PipeS0x2KqY

mods asleep, post gud games
>>
>>318354942
>>318355817
She has little to no presence in the campaign.

Its all Artanis and the Protoss King of Edge
>>
>>318356498
yeah but she was still the player character in Brood War
>>
File: 1446632764772.png (3 MB, 886x1389) Image search: [Google]
1446632764772.png
3 MB, 886x1389
>The scene in LotV where some hybrids set fire to a city and kill a few hundred people
>THIS IS WORSE THAN ANYTHING THE ZERG EVER DID
Fuck you Raynor you whitewashing piece of shit faggot. I didn't think it would be possible for me to get that angry over anything in SC2 ever again but you managed it once more, bravo Metzen
>>
>>318356498
> Protoss King of Edge
If you mean Alarak, he was pretty good, if only because of who they got to voice him.
>>
>>318356712
Maybe he loved some of the sculptures or medical facilities in the city? Zerg didn't bother with destroying them.
>>
I'd say this bothered me, but ever since they said the artifact could "cure" Kerrigan, this was pretty much inevitable.

Meh. I'm more interesting in Legion since I have a 100 in almost every class now, just need to finish leveling a Mage and a Priest.
>>
File: Mvc3darkphoenix.jpg (41 KB, 584x282) Image search: [Google]
Mvc3darkphoenix.jpg
41 KB, 584x282
>>318342885
I CAN'T CONTROL IT!
>>
>>318348415
>mediocrity
No anon, there's mediocrity and then there's shit. This is the latter.
>>
File: sc1medic.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
sc1medic.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>318356712
>We are retaking Auir - wait nevermind.
>TALDARIM DINDUNUFFIN
>Fenix! You are back! Sort of!
>Bitch sever your link to the Khala! I will only ask you five more times!

The missions were more fun thant HotS but the story/dialogue was downright painful sometimes.
>>
>>318357198
What really sucked was it felt like they seldom talked about the Khala before LotV. I mean I knew it was a thing but holy shit they wouldn't shut up about it in the trailers/commercials and then mission 1 OH HEY THE KHALA'S BEEN CORRUPTED WE HAVE TO GET RID OF IT!
>>
>>318354457
It's funny how Blizzard trying to "appeal" to the eSports audience, majorly fucked up. I remember some tournaments where the connection went off, too.

Serves the fucking jews right. I hope Brood War returns, it's still the best RTS they've made.
>>
>>318357198
>will taldarim stand next to us?
>well, if you bow and serve me I would think of that
>getting real tired of your shit, Alarak
I was half expecting betrayal, but nope.
>>
>>318356614
wtf?
>>
>>318357198
Fenix was actually handled pretty well I felt. Also totally not dark eldar were goddamn great.

The women on your ship on the other hand were awful. There was MUH PAST and some bitch so good at cloaking you forget shes even on the ship.
>>
As much as I loved the campaign of LotV, on par with the campaign missions of WoL for me, it has its ups and downs.

On the upside, Artanis's enhanced warp in means playing as Protoss isn't slow and trodding. You can just warp in like 12 guys and bam, you have a strike force. Downside, a lot of the missions were "destroy 4 objects", but the problem is they always rushed you to do destroy them by creating something to enforce a timer. Also, the last mission is literaly just the last mission of WoL, except way easier because Void Rays rape everything.
>>
>>318357383
Every game that design as an esport falls on its face

Then they make Hearthstone, state they have no plans on making an esport, and it's now their most popular esport.

I don't know why they haven't gotten it through their skulls that a good game comes first, esports comes later. Overwatch only just started beta and they've already got eSports teams announced for the game. What a joke.
>>
>>318356251
>Robotics
>The other goes templars
I-I'm nervous, what will happen?
>>
>>318357760
The money, anon. They savour every dime that they could potentially squeeze from tournaments.
>>
>>318357736
>destroy 4 objects
Crystals anon, its always crystals.
>>
>>318356498

Don't pretend Alarak isn't the best and most entertaining character in the game.
>>
>>318357953
You know what bothered me? When zergs invaded Aiur why didn't they destroy those protoss transportation crystals?
>>
>>318357953

Not true, one time it was prisons
>>
>>318356251
>That dark templar and observer at the bridge
Holy shit.
>>
>>318356251
I forgot how much I missed Zealots attack animation
>>
>>318358148
But anon, they have axes now! AXES!
>>
The best thing the SC2 trilogy gave us - and the best waifu is Zagara
>>
>>318358243
>using Aiur Zealots

Centurions and Sentinels shit on them in usefulness so hard it isn't funny.
>>
>the campaign never lets you use Scouts

Don't get me wrong. They're too expensive for their stats, but what the fuck man. They're in the game already.
>>
>>318358502
My point was they replaced the cool as fuck psi-blades with fucking faggot axes.
>>
>>318342885
What the fuck happened to Blizzards writers? I remember watching Diablo 2 Baal cinematic and loving it, and Diablo had way less story than Starcraft. They used to be dark and smart enough to know what to show, but more importantly what not to show. Why did everything dark and ominous become fucking looney toons shit? Kerrigan went from a tragic but brutal villain to becoming fucking super saiyen waifu bait. I heard she even runs off with Raynor at the end. Garbage.
>>
>>318358502
>Not making your own golden armada after the game takes the real deal away from you
>Using stinkin' Nerazim traitors.
>>
>>318358502
I almost feel like purposely gimping myself in the campaign by using the objectively worst versions of each unit just to see how much harder it makes the missions

>>318358957
>Nerazim
>traitors
First off they weren't traitors, they were heretics. Secondly we're now guilty of the same thing as them because we're severed as well.
>>
>>318342885
I know nothing about Star Craft and even I find this hilarious for some reason
Can anyone fill me in on what specifically happened?
>>
>>318356251
>Enjoying the match
>All of a sudden flashing white background text constantly giving me a damn seizure
Fucking koreans
>>
>>318359058
Traitors, heretics, whats the difference?
Also, that whole khala being CORRUPTED was bullshit.
>>
How come the Tal'darim aren't controllable by Amon when they still have their cords?
>>
>>318359209
Cause they snort the void all day long and don't have a Khala to corrupt.
>>
>>318359106
A girl who killed millions in a mad quest for power went so Dindu mode she became Jesus and beat the Ancient Evil

Or something like that
>>
>>318359209

In canon the dark archon Ulrezaj got the Tal'darim to take a terrazine-like drug called Sundrop. Sundrop cuts you off from the Khala while keeping your cords intact.

They connect to each other by huffing Terrazine.

>>318359171
>Traitors, heretics, whats the difference?

Kind of a big one.

>Also, that whole khala being CORRUPTED was bullshit.

The Khala isn't really corrupted, there just happens to be a dark god currently inside of it.
>>
>>318359171
>was bullshit
Why? Think of it as a FBI controlled network that you browse without any knowledge only to realize all the shit you've done is recorded.
Oh shit, Metzen is god. What a deep social commentary.
>>
File: 0113.jpg (29 KB, 570x530) Image search: [Google]
0113.jpg
29 KB, 570x530
>>318359106
A woman who was corrupted by the zerg and become one of the most brutal mass murderer's in the known universe was suddenly purified, forgiven by all, corrupted by good-zerg and is now made into an angel who is the savior of said universe.
>>
File: 1342223536886.png (131 KB, 295x265) Image search: [Google]
1342223536886.png
131 KB, 295x265
>>318356251
>Bisu fangirls collectively losing their shit over every play

I wish girls would scream like that when I played videogames
>>
>>318359338
>>318359505
What the fuck?
Like, does everyone forgive her is it just the "universe"
Because I'm pretty sure people would keep a "Do not forgive" attitude in mind
>>
>>318358932
Old guard all left, Metzen now has unrestricted power just like Lucas did and has also gotten older and shittier. Nothing to hold back his TRUE VISIONARY MASTERPIECE. You can't say you've never seen this happen before anon unless you're like 12 or something.

More fundamentally, WoW consumed everything. Everything. Diablo was its own autonomous development unit before, Blizz North. Other stuff was more compartmentalized too, which meant different games could have very different feels and worlds. But WoW became such a money printing press that everything else looked like small potatoes and got wrecked.

Of course, that too has happened many times before and will again, not just in vidya but in industries across the board worldwide. Having a single super ultra megahit product is something lots of companies aim for and desire, but it can also be very dangerous. In fact, same thing even outside of business, in countries themselves. They call it the "resource curse", when you've got something like oil or some mega valuable mine and money can effectively just be pumped/dug right out of the ground with minimal effort/development. In principle that dosh could all be invested towards the betterment of the nation and long term infrastructure and so forth. In practice it's often immensely destructive to institutions and development. Everything else atrophies. In business, Microsoft fell into this trap with Windows/Office and are only now digging themselves out again.
>>
>>318359626
Every encounter that is shown with Kerrigan after WoL is devoid of any mention of said atrocities. At most, the odd minor character might express some distrust, but for the most part the Koprulu sector seems to have completely forgotten what she did in SC/BW.

Its not just Jim Raynor either. The Protoss agree to work with her a second time despite it completel biting them in the ass the first time.
>>
>>318359843
This is perhaps one of the laziest examples of writing I have ever seen in my life.
Yet I don't feel surprised
>>
>>318359843
Maybe it was blamed on Mengsk propaganda or something since new gov is in charge.
That's just wishful thinking though
>>
>>318357760
Overwatch is a good game though. The problem with it is that they have no idea how maps are supposed to be designed making the entire game a choke point spam fest. The movement, character/weapon variety, art design, and way abilities work are all on point though.
>>
>>318359843
the worst part of the whole "dindu" plot-twist was the fact that they had just played the reverse in the first game

>Kerrigan's under the control of the Overmind, all of her actions are his doing
>Overmind gets killed
>Kerrigan pretends to act good, then goes "lol jk I am evil" and backstabs the shit out of everyone to become the genocidal bitch queen of the galaxy.
>>
>>318359843
>second time
When was the first time?
>>
>>318359656
The issue is that companies typically go under for shiting the bed this hard. Blizzard seems to be making bank.
>>
>>318360324
>>318360316
Oh, fuck. Forgot most SC and BW plot points.
Wanted to replay it but didn't hold up as well as I though.
>>
>>318359656
the issue is that Starcraft and Warcraft's stories are becoming waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too similar

bw and wc3
Arthas = Kerrigan
Jaina = Raynor
Overmind = Ner'zhul
>>
>>318360324
Brood War Protoss campaign. They agree to work with Kerrigan to bring down the new growing overmind, she claims she is not the same monster. She ends up killing Aldaris, infesting the Dark Templar Matriarch and basically laughs in their faces before buzzing off to manipulate Jim and Fenix.
>>
can someone explain me this?
>>
So what do the original Xel'naga look like?
>>
>>318360603

The problem is none of those fit anymore.

Kerrigan was redeemed whule Arthas died like the bastard he was.

Jaina became cruel and bitter towards he former comrades while Raynor softened up.

The Overmind was revealed to have been a slave that was just trying to give the middle finger to the one that made it that way while Ner'zhul....ok that one is still true.
>>
>>318361115

Fat Cthulhu.
>>
>>318352579
I enjoyed SC2 WoL's SP campaign for the neat tech trees and shit. How are the other two? Should I pirate them?
>>
>>318362201
hots is shit
lotv is goat
>>
>>318361795
Thought that was sort of a hybrid body he was using?
>>
>>318361724
>arthas died like the bastard he was.
>he didn't have free will
>kerrigan does something on a far greater scale for power
>she gets redeemed.
should have been the other way around
>>
File: Ouros_SC2-LotV_Cine1.jpg (47 KB, 556x463) Image search: [Google]
Ouros_SC2-LotV_Cine1.jpg
47 KB, 556x463
>>318362330

No, you meet a normal Xel'Naga in the Void.
>>
>>318362512
>he didn't have free will

Actually he did. In a book he kills Ner'zhul in his mind. He had free will, but Frostmourne stole his soul so he acted without conscience.
>>
File: trashman.jpg (31 KB, 352x450) Image search: [Google]
trashman.jpg
31 KB, 352x450
>>318362581
>In a book
pic related
it also goes against what is shown directly ingame
>>
>>318362813
>pic related

Blizz tells all of its supplemental lore in books.

>it also goes against what is shown directly ingame

No it doesn't. His moment of peace at the end is because Frostmourne is shattered, meaning his soul returned to him.
>>
>>318362916
the lich king directly states that he was a shaman once
uther's spirit postulates that arthas was holding the LK back from going full murderhobo.

Sylvanas gets away with similar shit because she has waifufags defending her
>>
>>318363074
>the lich king directly states that he was a shaman once

Ner'zhul doesn't "die" until like the day before ICC is attacked.

>uther's spirit postulates that arthas was holding the LK back from going full murderhobo.

Which turns out to not be true because Arthas literally ripped out his compassionate heart and threw it into a ravine so nothing could hold him back.
>>
>>318362310
>hots is shit
Is this a new meme?
The evolutionary shit of zerg was neat.
>>
Post yfw Blizzard makes all techs of all races available for multiplayer.
>>
>>318362513
Good God, I'm just imagining what a young Xel'Naga looks like.
>>
>>318363259
and completely useless because you had kerrigan in every mission.
>>318363239
>doesn't die
>but he does
>arthas kills his little boy alter ego
>but he walks around ICC
>>
>>318363560

Look I never said it was good writing, I'm just clarifying.
>>
>>318363657
and it contradicts itself on the regular
>>
>>318362581
>In a book
Whoever reads the fucking warcraft books should the euthanized, this goes for all fanfiction-tier extended universe "literature"
>>
>>318366401
Whats funnier is that the writers of the game said that all those novels are not canon.
So its fucking pointless to read that drivel even more.
>>
File: 1394117185873.jpg (143 KB, 478x525) Image search: [Google]
1394117185873.jpg
143 KB, 478x525
I don't get it. What's wrong with this picture? Pic related as my question is "Is this some Armstrong shit where you see him piloting a mech and then suddenly he's punching through Raiden's molecule piercing sword like it's nothing"
>>
>>318368892
uh, sure
>>
>protoss are now all about tolerance and diversity

It's 2015!
>>
>>318342885

>Playing LotV's campaign

I doubt I can eat the amount I want to vomit. The writing is fucking disgusting.
>>
>>318354172
Jesus christ those choices were garbage
>you can get these snipers
>or these slightly different snipers
I'm glad I didn't bother with SC2 after WoL, most horrible writing ever
>>
>>318357736
>not massing carriers
>>
>>318352942
https://youtu.be/A5ijUl81BCY?t=1m35s
>>
>>318342885

My friend was okay with this as a story telling, I'm not sure how sane he is.
>>
>>318342885
downloading this, gonna play campaign
>>
Remember when everyone thought the ending for the last game where Kerrigan just fucking flew away was the dumbest shit? Turns out things can get dumber.
>>
>>318377065
can't wait to play this shit for free
Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.