[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bloodborne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefaultgfvj.jpg (351 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefaultgfvj.jpg
351 KB, 1920x1080
Just bought pic related never played a souls game.

How badly will I get fucked up?
>>
>>318340382
Gascoigne will fuck your shit up but know that he's a huge difficulty spike in an otherwise fair game. Beat him and the rest won't be an issue.
>>
>>318340672

Not OP, but I cheesed my way through him really easily. All I did was dance around a clump of tombstones and whipped him to death with the cane.

>>318340382

You're not that fucked, honestly. Dark Souls is considerably slower than BB, in that you can just grab a fuckhuge shield and spear in DS and camp and poke all day. Bloodborne has every enemy trying to jump on your ass, all while there's no shields.
>>
>>318340382
You'll probably die plenty, but that is part of learning to get better. Don't sweat it too much, and don't get too attached to your blood echoes.
>>
>>318340915
There's two now.
Both are good for laughing in the face of BLT edge masters.
>>
>>318340382

Get yourself a shitton of molotovs and bolt paper

Don't put any points into magic, it sucks

Choose the axe

Shooting enemies during their attack animation makes them drop to one knee, run up close and attack them to do a critical. These do a fuckton of damage and you can kill almost every boss in the game by abusing this.
>>
Hope you picked up the game of the year edition
>>
OP here I'm getting my shit pushed in by generic enemies ;_;
>>
>>318341579

It's actually cheaper to buy the game on sale (it's $15-$20 depending on the retailer) and then just buying the DLC.
>>
Pretty fucking badly if you do the DLC and depth 4-5 chalices.

Otherwise, only mildly badly.
>>
>>318341645
People don't magically understand the flow of combat and enemy attack patterns immediately, just learn
>>
>>318341645
Go to the hunter's dream and buy some pebbles. Super cheap, and you can use them to lure enemies so you don't need to fight them in large groups.
>>
>>318341645
Right shoulder = Quick attack
Right trigger = Heavy attack

yw
>>
>>318341645
What weapon did you go with?
>>
>>318340382
Having not played Souls games before might be advantageous, because you won't fall into the defensive habits Dark Souls ingrained into us. BB is much more offensive-oriented in terms of combat.
>>
>>318341645
The whole first area is like that until you can level. Either play very carefully, luring one enemy at a time, out run past everything until you find a boss. After seeing the first boss, you can start leveling. It's weird, but you can't level at first.
>>
>>318340672
I will never understand this.Gascoigne was super easy.

I had issues with Rom and Logarius though
>>
>>318341907
the cane because it makes me look like a pimp hunter
>>
>>318340672
>got the game 3 days ago
>killed Ass-Coin in 2 tries
>spent 30 on Bloodstarved Beast

Using no guns was a baaaaaaaad idea.
>>
>>318342116

>dying to bloodstarved beast
>not just throwing oil on the fucker, using fire paper, and laughing as the faggot bursts into flames
>>
>>318342103
Nice, I used to hate that one, but I've come around to it. It does have some windup though, so pay attention to your distance from the enemy, the timing of your attacks, and how many hits it takes to stun them. It doesn't have the highest damage, so as soon as you find three blood-stone shards take them back to the dream and upgrade it.
>>
>>318340382
Pretty badly if you're not willing to take it slow, examine your surroundings, and master the controls. Otherwise, you should be fine. It's by far the easiest of all the Souls games but it demands that you dodge effectively as there are no shields. That being said, the high invulnerability frames, removal of weight limits, and regenerating counter attacks mean that it's also far more forgiving than the other games. Also, you don't lose max HP or insight when you die, so even dying is far less of a penalty.

Just remember: dying is part of the game. It's not failure, it's learning. Also, use molotov cocktails on the two big wolves; they're unreasonable to deal with otherwise.

>>318341427
>choose the axe
I agree that the axe is the best weapon but it's not a one-size-fits-all situation. The axe deals great damage per hit but the cleaver has excellent speed and the whip has insane range.

I would recommend the cleaver more than anything as its fast swing speed is extremely helpful in many situations.
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20151129115949.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20151129115949.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>318342015
>Logarius
Fantastic fight.
>>
>>318342116
>>318342015
Different strokes. On average people have trouble with Gascoigne but it won't be true for everyone. I think most people have issues with him because he's so early in the game and you haven't really adjusted to playing yet.

And BSB is easy with molotovs.
>>
>>318342116
It's not that simple. Aside from the Evelyn (the only good gun in the game) and the Cannon, most guns do no fucking damage at all. They're meant for staggers and easily killing weak enemies, like dogs, and not much else. Using them on a boss just to attack from a distance is not recommended.
>>
>>318342505
If you've gotten the hang of parrying with guns (which you really should have by the time you face him) then Gascoigne is pretty easy. I didn't even die once when I fought him for the first time, and that's without using any extra tactics like the music box.
>>
>>318342015
>>318342389
I find Logarius to be impossible without using the exploit to remove his infinite super armor.
>>
>>318342756
I meant specifically for staggers.
And I have the Blunderbuss.
No range for me.
regret
>>
>>318342919
Exploit?
>>
>>318342015
Rom is a very difficult fight for everyone until the player has memorized Rom's attack animations. Then the fight becomes an absolute breeze and the hardest part is dealing with the smaller spiders and the rare occasion that Rom attacks go back to back without a break.
>>
>>318342116
Gascoigne fucked me up for so long, BSB however what the fuck easiest shit in my life, beat him in 1 try with only a few hits taken.
>>
>>318343048
He misused the word. He's talking about backstabbing the boss and visceraling him when he's doing his power up thing, it removes his immunity to bullets.
>>
Different people die to different things

Gascoigne 2 times
SoY 2
Ebrietas 10
Gherman 20
Bloodletting shitter 5
Amygdala 2
>>
>>318343298
Isn't that just a good idea after you learn about his transformation?
>>
>>318343048
Logarius' second phase begins with him powering up. If you're quick, you can rush behind him, hit him with a fully charged heavy attack, and perform a visceral attack.

Performing a visceral in Logarius' second form disables his super armor for the rest of the fight, meaning that normal attacks will easily push him back like in his first form. No matter how hard I tried, I simply could not defeat Logarious without getting rid of his fucking infinite super armor. I think it's even stronger than Gerhman's final form.
>>
>tfw +10 whirligig saw
>tfw stomped out wet nurse with it

Now that I've done that what else can I do before the final boss? I've already been spoiled on that and the REAL final boss, so I guess I can try to find the cords to get it, though I only have 1 so far.

anything else to be done before I try to get to NG+? The only thing I really have left to do is to go through Cainhurst and the Frontier I think.
>>
>>318340382
>never played a souls game
VERY
>>
>>318343551
Chalice dungeons, but those don't scale with NG anyway.
>>
>>318343551
You do Upper Cathedral Ward?
>>
I found Logarius to be a chump.

Then again his swings were so damn wide I decided to see if I could parry.
>>
>>318343521
Yes, not letting bosses go super sayian is good.
>>
>>318343551
>The only thing I really have left to do is to go through Cainhurst and the Frontier I think.
They're optional but recommended. Both are fun and challenging in their own ways, although I find the rock throwing fags in Nightmare Frontier to be especially obnoxious.

Getting the cords is easy if you already know where to look, although some of them can be missed.

I'd also recommend getting the Choir Bell found in Mergo's Loft if you haven't already. Very useful tool to have and it removes status ailments too.
>>
>>318343551
>>318343705
Chalice dungeons can be done anytime, although the early ones are complete cakewalks if you level up too high.
>>
>>318340672
I beat Gascoigne on my first time. Accidentally found out you could counter him by panic shooting at him.
I just spammed that and got away with killing him and losing no less than 1/4 of my health.
>>
What's a good safe way to take out the frenzy causing asshole brains?
>>
>>318343593
GOOD
>>
>>318344083
Poison Knives if you're willing to spend a few minutes on it.
>>
File: elevated play.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
elevated play.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>318344083
Stunlock to death with Kirkhammer tricked
>>
>>318344124
Geez that's laughable.
>>
File: 1428594420794.jpg (98 KB, 635x457) Image search: [Google]
1428594420794.jpg
98 KB, 635x457
>>318344083
Quickly and from a distance.

>Seeing their grab for the first time
>>
>>318344109
Fuck you Straid.
>>
>>318344247
I panic and keep fucking up the dodge.
>>
>>318340382
I need help on orphan of kos

I'm trying to learn how to visceral him when he jumps but sometimes I'm too far away to reach him

trying to learn how to shoot him to stagger him
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.