[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>No projectiles, therefore the player has to commit to the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: 1417737165337.jpg (177 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1417737165337.jpg
177 KB, 1280x720
>No projectiles, therefore the player has to commit to the match instead of camping
>Has decent range, although it still needs some tweaking
>Fast, but not overpowered like he was in Brawl, so other characters also have a chance to make something of themselves
>Multiple ways to recover
>Amazing at juggling
>All B moves put him into freefall, which keeps people from spamming them carelessly
>Best down taunt
>Victory lines are basically just his way of saying you need to git gud

Let's face it, /v/. Whether you like him or not, he is one of, if not the most fair, perfect character in Smash 4. Prove me wrong.
>>
Who cares? Smash 4 is an absolute medicore game, the more you play it the more you see the cracks and issues.
It's a fucking joke someone got paid to "balance" this
>>
>>318320313
not a serious fighting game. Balance is irrelevant to fun
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 850x463) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 850x463
>>318320313
Meleefags are all in another thread. Quick, post balanced characters
>Marth
>Meta Knight
>Roy
>Ganondorf
>Jiggs
>>
>Has decent range, although it still needs some tweaking
Actually his range is objectively awful this time around, but he is fast enough so it dosent piss me off. The sword not matching the hitbox however does piss me off.
>>318320443
I think this was from time to time but then someone random will come over and surprise me or i find a decent person online.

This game will not have the lifespan of Melee at all. Its just not deep enough. But I find this game to be enjoyable at the moment. I play zelda for the challenge and playstyle though.

Being forced to play a low tier to keep a game interesting though is no excuse though. Melee and Project M still exist though so im not worried when this game gets stale.
>>
>>318321052
What about Ike? Give him a bit of a speed buff and he's golden, I think.
>>
>>318321325
He's already double the speed of Brawl Ike, kill yourself
>>
>>318321052
>Gimmicky characters
>Balanced

Don't take gimmicky as a insult but meh.
>>
>>318321651
>Implying I would know that about a character I don't play

He seems kind of slow to me.
>>
>>318320313
>cape warp slash doest grab the ledge
BULLSHIT
I mean, I'm glad he got more killing options than dsmash like he used to have, but this is just bullshit
>>
>>318321817
>Don't play a character
>Offer up an opinion on how to balance them

I repeat, kill yourself.
>>
File: metak3.jpg (321 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
metak3.jpg
321 KB, 1280x960
I want to marry Meta Knight!
>>
>>318321992
>Completely unnecessary hostility

I believe it is you who should kill yourself, anon. You seem too unhappy for life.
>>
I'm not here to start a fight, but what's with all the hate for Project M? I like it because it has physics greatly akin to Melee but a higher character pool, stages, and get constant balance patches akin to sm4sh. It doesn't have to be your favorite, but I just don't get what people have against it.
And if your argument is
>it's not a real game, it's a mod
While that's true, it doesn't have any bearing on appreciation for or against it.
>>
File: 31.jpg (302 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
31.jpg
302 KB, 1920x1080
>>318322129
He's too good for either of us.
>>
File: kid.jpg (83 KB, 960x838) Image search: [Google]
kid.jpg
83 KB, 960x838
>>318322151
Don't mind him anon some people are just grumpy you should really kill yourself though you fucking faggot
>>
>>318321325
Ike is fucking great in this game.

I am not sure what that dude is on about but i consider characters like Peach, Pitt's, Shulk, Bowser Jr and Wii fit trainer to be balanced but lack the tools to be S-tier like shiek or weegee.
>>
>>318321325
Eh, he can still cross the map with his side special in no time flat.
>>
>>318322319
No, thanks.
>>
>this thread
>again
>>
>>318322323
>weegee
Isn't even top 5 now
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 300x225
>>318322260
I'm pretty sure it's more the cancerous manchild tryhard fan base that gets on /v/'s nerves.
>>
>>318322638
>/v/ hates casuals
>/v/ hates "tryhards"

Can't have it both ways you fucking hypcrits.
>>
File: 1443223644553.gif (2 MB, 280x200) Image search: [Google]
1443223644553.gif
2 MB, 280x200
>>318322739
>>
>>318322260
There are 5 types of people who hate P:M

>People who never played it
>Peeps that just wanted to play smash and then I pulled a tourneyfag and turned the items off and shine spiked them
>Old Melee guard who can't take a game that constantly changes itself seriously
>people that can't DI or get ahold of the new concepts

and of course
>People who loved a character in a previous version and then the character got fucked over in a newer version.

I love Project M actually but I still miss when it was DBZ jank level broken in the 2.8 - 3.0 days. Meta's where starting to be built around broken fucking tactics in a attempt to counter them but could never be achieved because 3.5 came along.
>>
>>318323084
Idk, I was always but hurt how stupid easy Ivysaur was and how they would ruin my day. Didn't fight too many humans, but I bet Lucas would have been the same
>>
>>318322319
I fail to understand why Palutena has gotten no good buffs. Her grab is has the range of an ant, and she can hardly combo off her throws. Once the enemy is 60% or above, you gotta read them to convert a throw into something substantial. Her aerials are lackluster (looking at Nair, Bair and fucking DAIR), her Smash are slow as fuck and they lack the power to justify their slowness, and her tilts are God fucking awful.

I can get over Palutena getting basically the worst specials, if she could be decent without them. Fix your fucking waifu Sakurai.
>>
>>318323657
Ivysaur definitely had a bunch of really good things going for it but would lose out a majority of characters in regards to frame data if I recall. Plus tether characters kinda snap to the place I so I would usually bait that shit and punish the ivyshit. I was a midlevel player though, not sure how i would do against denti or some shit. Probably get my shit pushed in but life is a learning experience hah.

Lucas in capable hands is fucking terrifying. My first tourney i had to boss rush our states top melee PR in project M pretty much and I think I took like 3 stocks all together in a best out of 3. I got fucked up man.
>>
>>318324198
Palutena is one of those characters you don't have to much creative control with. Like you have a set list of moves that are good but other then that you kinda have to play the character and not so much yourself.
>>
>>318320313
Top ten character, up air to up special kill confirm is even more retarded than zss

>>318321052
Roy is balanced. MK is better than balanced. The other 3 are bad

>>318321325
Ike is good right now, no buffs needed

>>318322323
Peach and pit are balanced, other 3 are bad
>>
>>318324198
My only real issue with her is her B
It's just so bad and feels like it was made to only work in 2v2s or some shit
>>
>>318324607
I seriously can't imagine her suiting any decent player's style. I get what you are trying to say, but Palutena's just bad man. Like, a Palutena flow chart would be: D-Throw, Fair, Fair, Fair, Up-Smash, Reads

>>318325505
All her Neutral Bs are pretty bad, m8. Explosive flame is the only tolerable one.
>>
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 900x900
>down throw
>f air
>down throw
>f air
I'm talking about Luigi but Sheik is shit too.
>>
>>318326672
Nigga what?

Luigi's fair is virtually useless; it has very limited use. I find it easier to combo people with his dair.
>>
>>318326672
Something is very wrong when 95% of the "combos" require grabs to perform.
>>
>>318326968
Every good Luigi I've played against has been able to f air the hell out of me and/or combo it into the tornado.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.