[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just can't take anyone who says Deus Ex or Half-Life is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 78515356415.png (51 KB, 339x298) Image search: [Google]
78515356415.png
51 KB, 339x298
I just can't take anyone who says Deus Ex or Half-Life is the greatest video game ever seriously. Bad dialogue, bad plot, bad gameplay and bad visuals. How the fuck do people have these opinions ? They didn't even influence gaming that much to be user in that fucking ratarded way of ranking things by influence.
>>
I agree that they are somewhat overrated but they did contribute to gaming in significant ways
>>
Nostalgia or something
>>
Well, maybe one day Japan will make something that surpasses it, but so far that day hasn't come.

It's really a shame that they can't make any decent vidya.
>>
>>318311781
stop b8ing the thread you fuck
>>
>>318311694
Like what ? I can't think of anything.
>>
Every time I reinstall deus ex I'm disappointed. I mean yeah, it does some cool shit, and the atmosphere is really good in some places, but I just can't get into it. The combat is extremely stale (run up to someone and shoot them in the face to overcome the SO REAL aiming, or sit still aiming your silent pistol and pop them in the back of the head.) It only becomes halfway fun when you do pacifist runs because the tension of being spotted and having to resort to lethal tactics and ruining your no-kill streak. Also the second half of the game in general because you can just zoom around on your speed legs cutting shit up with the dragon's tooth. You'd think someone would've made a mod to make the fighting faster and more exciting by now but instead they just make graphic mods, custom maps, and slight balance changes.
>>
>>318312772
Setting is all Deus Ex has going for it. Half life doesn't even have that.
>>
>>318311367
what's the GOAT in your opinion then? ocarina of meme? majora's meme? splatautism? underkek? memeout new reddit? deus ex isn't perfect but it's definitely a videogame masterpiece
>>
>>318313346
Holy fuck, are you underage ?
>>
>>318313087
One thing I really do like about deus ex though is the dissonant humor. What I mean is there are all those situations where they try to make you choose between good or evil choices and I just do whatever gets the game fucking moving faster. Perfect example is the hostage situation in the subway. I just walk right down those steps and shoot the tnt because I want to play a fucking shooter, not an ethics simulator. Then some faggot starts talking into my ear "FEEL BAD PLAYER, THOSE WERE CIVILIANS"
>>
I can understand not liking Deus Ex, the gameplay is clunky as shit
Half Life is still fucking godlike though outside of the final boss
>>
>>318313798
answer me you faggot what's your GOAT? i'd like to hear your shitty opinion
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.