[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got Ending E and, boy, was that one fucking hell of a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Drakengard_logo_hires1.png (581 KB, 1267x601) Image search: [Google]
Drakengard_logo_hires1.png
581 KB, 1267x601
I just got Ending E and, boy, was that one fucking hell of a wild ride.
Outside of /v/ I've heard nothing but bad things about this game, but aside from the super repetitive ground combat and a couple of bullshit hidden weapons it was a lot of fun.
It's been a long time since a game's ending has made me feel this bad.
>>
File: drakengard in a nutshell.png (155 KB, 1246x370) Image search: [Google]
drakengard in a nutshell.png
155 KB, 1246x370
I've yet to find a final ending that was a bigger kick to the balls than this game.
>>
Everyone shits on the gameplay, not the story
>>
>>318300361
It has great storytelling.
Nier is alright but nowhere near the same level in storytelling. The whole soylent green thing was so cliche. The gameplay is better though. And the music.
>>
File: 1440266759454.jpg (229 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1440266759454.jpg
229 KB, 1024x768
>>318301164
>The music is terrible.
Stopped reading there. The music is great and I feel sorry for everyone that thinks otherwise.
>>
>>318302184
Either my game glitched or there really was this repetetive orchestral tooting on the earlier levels that just sounded like a marching song
>>
>>318303253
Yeah, the whole OST is basically sampled classical songs mixed with the use of techniques can be seen in electronic music.
>>
>>318300361
Drakengard is a bad game, but a pretty charming/unique story. That's about it.
>>
>>318302184
The music was wonderful because it was intentionally designed to make you uncomfortable, which it fucking does. This works out well for making you feel like you're in hell. I love Drakengard, sure it could have been way better but the concept behind it is amazing.
>>
Having played NieR first, the nicest thing about ending E was the SE logo at the end.
I always figured there was a deeper meaning to the lack of red in the logos at the start of NieR, so it was nice to see it come full-circle.
>>
Does this game emulate well?
I've never emulated PS2 before, but I've heard that it is kinda hard to do.
>>
>>318306098
Do you have a toaster or not? Because it runs like shit on toasters (core2duo tier toasters). My current i5 has no problems running it at full speed.
>>
>>318306098
Runs okay if you don't mind the sound making your ears bleed if it dips in speed even slightly at any point

I think it's worth investing in a second hand ps2 and get freemcboot
>>
>>318306503
>>318307134
My system menu says that my computer is amd e1-1500. Are those my specs senpai?

I already have a PS2 and found the game at $20, so there's also that option.
>>
>>318307791
>amd e1-1500
Yeah, not happening. Get freemcboot on your ps2, no need to buy the game.
>>
WHERE
>>
ARE
>>
>>318308206
Alright anon, thanks.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.