[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Steam Machines What the fuck Valve was thinking?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Quico.png (134 KB, 256x283) Image search: [Google]
Quico.png
134 KB, 256x283
>Steam Machines

What the fuck Valve was thinking?
>>
>How can we print even more money?
>Dude all we need to do is hype up the PC master race idea and then sell below average prebuilts for twice what they are worth
>I like how you're thinking Johnson
>>
>>318288320
agree
>>
>>318288167
they were thinking, how can we bring the freedom and joys of PC gaming to the living room in a form that console plebs will understand?
>>
So is the SteamLink actually good or is that also trash?
>>
>>318288969
It works great.
>>
>>318289061
Does it perform well while using wireless?
>>
>>318288320
You should try to stop breathing.

>>318288969
From what i've read, there's huge input lag.
>>
>>318288969
no the link is awesome believe it or not.

I'm even getting used to the controller at I'm beginning to like it a lot. It makes watching youtube/downloaded videos super easy and comfy from my bed, and TOS has been great with it.

The machines themselves, though... I really don't get the point of. If you're THAT interested in PC games you can just pirate windows 7 and build your own PC with like 1 hour of research and some suggestions for the same price or cheaper than what you'd pay for with a steam machine.

Like it almost seems "okay" until you remember they run linux...
>>
>>318289252
>Tells me to stop breathing

Don't tell me you BOUGHT on anon

AHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>318289137
I haven't tried, but apparently it's not bad.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Hh4XlU2Qk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIL71Q6eJ2Y

These may be interesting to you
>>
Chaves was fucking based
>>
>>318288167
says the beaner that all he does is play consoles, literally steam machines with a different name
>>
So weird how people on /v/ seem to want Microsoft to have a monopoly on PC gaming but at the same time they'll claim there are no xbots on /v/.

I agree that all the steam machines out right now are crap besides the Link though, but at least someone is doing something to remedy Microsoft's shitty OS.
>>
>>318289252
It's $750 for a mobile gpu at best
Kill yourself
>>
>>318290860
This.
/v/ will complain about linux without realizing that is our only sensible plan B at the moment and promote the Microsoft monopoly proudly with some form of entitlement. /vg/ does this too, to an extent. It really sucks that in this day, no one will promote an alternative to Microsoft's grip on the desktop market due to autism.
>>
>>318290346
intredesting, would a scandiboo have a good time with a steammachine and a steam link, our internet is pretty baller already.

would love playing big games on laptop
>>
They should have called them Gear Gobblers imo
>>
>>318288320
this
scumbag marketing
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.