[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
gen over?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Consoles.jpg (177 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Consoles.jpg
177 KB, 960x540
http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2015/Global/

Anyone else notice how so far total software sales are half of what they were last year and that the PS4 is the only console selling games but only by 2% more compared to last year? How about those hardware sales - nothing is selling, everything is at a 30% minus (going over 40) compared to last year and least we forget AAA games need to sell over 3 mil copies to start making money (which they are not apart from cod, gta, fifa and fallout).

Looking at what Sony and MS are offering for 2016 (still nothing groundbreaking), is next year going to be the deciding year for current gen consoles and for this generation overall?
>>
File: 1446467478927.jpg (26 KB, 480x342) Image search: [Google]
1446467478927.jpg
26 KB, 480x342
This gen was over and outdated before it started
>>
The majority of video game consumers dont care about FPS or geometry. This gen looks like last gen. People are tired of paying $400 to play the new halo when master chief looks just like he did in halo 2
>>
>>318286860
f2p is the future
>>
>>318286719
>PS4 outpacing both PS2 and PS3
>Xbox One outpacing both Xbox and Xbox 360
>total software sales outpacing all last gens

Nice shitposting OP also

>vgchartz
>>
>>318288117
industry wasnt as big then. still, they are not selling now.
>>
>>318288482
So this is the biggest gen?
>>
>>318288725
no, just the industry is bigger and the people involved. but currenly nothing is selling.
>>
>>318288852
Software is selling better than any gen before, the year hasn't even ended yet, the PS4 will probably hit 35million units by the end of the year after Christmas
>>
>>318289156
actually software is selling worse than 2010.

630k vs 270k

http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2010/Global/
http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2015/Global/
>>
>>318286860
This.
the new consoles were not giant leaps forward compared to there past gen counterparts.
>>
>>318289385
Try end of year 2008 vs end of year 2015

The fact that Vgchartz still has the PS4 at 28million units should tell you how off it tends to be.
>>
>>318286719
the lack of games doesn't help either
only reason i even bought a next gen console was to play arkham knight otherwise i wouln't have even bothered to buy the console.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.