[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Word is this is going to have an international release so. W
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: .jpg (329 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
329 KB, 1280x720
Word is this is going to have an international release so. What kind of changes would make it a good game in your eyes?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIFkRwV36IQ
>>
A complete tear down and start from scratch with a different development team..
>>
>>318268668
Take the graphics and put them in a good monster hunter game.
>>
>>318269176
what's the problem with this, aside from typical MMO-style drop grind that all MMO's generally have anyway?
>>
>>318269176
>>318269042
What wrong with this one? The combat and graphics look alright. A bit more detail if you can. Saying it's shit does not give me a lot of info to go on.
>>
>>318269245
From what I've seen Monster Hunter generally plays like that anyway. So no idea why the hate.
>>
>>318269042
>>318269297
Well it could stand to actually try and expand to open world. This style of gameplay and mechanics could be made very well into an open world game. Dragon's Dogma is similar but not quite up to the task.

Was kind of hoping that one of their off-shoot games would try it at least once.
>>
>>318268668
I don't like the way those hits feel. They just aren't as impactful as the slowdown of the standard games. But either way it's cool i guess.
>>
>>318269245
>>318269352
P2W, damage number, player level (level grind???), way too easy, lotsa wrong details on some monster (attack give different debuff on player etc) and it was made by the koreans.
>>
>>318269352
Right? The only noticeable difference I can see is that are damage numbers that appear. I guess if you REALLY wanted to, you could subtract the damage up to the amount of health a monster has and minmax the strongest weapons, which you can't really do in the normal series. Also, aggro range seems to be smaller, and monsters don't stay aggressive once you leave an area. Other than that, it looks like the same game.
>>
>>318269042
And then you will hitch that the games are too far off from the original or that the game play has changed and the game doesn't have its old luster. Theres no pleasing you ducks
>>
>>318269701
Also it doesn't have the improvements to gameplay that were in the last 2 proper MH games.
>>
>>318269701
>p2w
Expand on this. Is it pay to win, or pay to not grind? Because there is a definitive difference between the two that people never seem to acknowledge.
>>
>>318269876
Pay not to grind is basically p2w in a MH game.
>>
File: 1393002068959.gif (85 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1393002068959.gif
85 KB, 400x225
>>318270136
I'm beginning to suspect that MH fans don't actually know what an MMO is.
>>
>>318269767
>Dmg numbers
Optional
>>318269854
Like what? I just want to know what would make everyone more happy with this game. It seems to have a lot of potential but won't gain much steam without core monster hunter fans.
>>
>>318269876
Honestly I don't find the difference to be significant enough. Pay to not grind still basically means that the grind will be artificially inflated out the ass compared to what it might have been otherwise.

On top of that, it will undermine the hard work of people playing to earn the not bloated time sinks and they will lose or be challenged by people who barely put in effort which is disproportionate and unfair.
>>
Its a fucking MMO.

Its Monster Hunters typical grind x100. Plus its not even the MH team that made it, its some Korean shit. Honestly the only decent thing about this is muh graffix
>>
>>318271702
Did you get to actually play it?
>>
>>318271512
It(chinese beta at least) doesn't have the jump strikes from 4U or the hunter arts from X. It doesn't have all the weapon types from the newer games either but I imagine they're gonna add those in or else the game won't have any legs to stand on.
>>
>>318272034
They are adding more things soon and they are still on the final steps of the beta this weekend. Anything else that can do with improvement? Like maybe less grind for U.S. audiences or easier drop rates?
>>
File: 1439083814272.png (291 KB, 430x430) Image search: [Google]
1439083814272.png
291 KB, 430x430
>>318271695
True, but again, it's an MMO. That's expected to come with the territory. On top of that, it's not like MH games have PVP, so that means that the only disparity between players who grind, and players who buy armor, is skill. If you get into a Deviljho fight with a longsword shitter with mommy's creditcard, then that sucks, but it's also what blacklists are for. I mean, come on. You also have people complaining in this thread that a seven year old game doesn't have all the features as a game that was released last year in Japan. People aren't even trying to be fair.

I mean, I'm just saying. I can spot the bullshit from a mile away too. I got suckered into a Korean MMO once before, and lost 3 days of my life grinding towards one specific item that I never even got. I'm perfectly content with skipping this and waiting for MHX, but that doesn't mean it's an objectively BAD game. Sensible people with lives just aren't the target demographic, and I feel like the MHO hate has basically become a meme at this point, because the core audiences for both games are two very different groups of people.

TL;FR, If you want to complain about the game, complain about the genre. From what I can tell, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the mechanics of the game itself.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.