[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So the PS3 SotFS isn't 60FPS, isn't it? Not a dealbreaker;
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: dark-soul-2.jpg (212 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dark-soul-2.jpg
212 KB, 1280x720
So the PS3 SotFS isn't 60FPS, isn't it? Not a dealbreaker; I already bought it, but just asking.
>>
What's a good build? Melee or magic?
>>
do my weapons still degrade twice as fast at 60fps in SOTFS?
>>
>>318264598
Why didn't you get it on PC?

>>318265008
No, that and many other issues (that to me were really never issues to begin with, because I can adapt instead of crying like a little bitch about it) were patched.
>>
>>318265134
>bugs should always remain as bugs instead of be fixed
>>
>>318265134
>No
thanks

>(that to me were really never issues to begin with, because I can adapt instead of crying like a little bitch about it)
cancer
>>
>>318265134
>ask if a bug was fixed
>HURR WHY ARE YOU CRYING LIKE A LITTLE BITCH, GROW UP YOU VIRGIN NERD
>>
>>318265234
The shit about weapons breaking too far literally never happened me aside from once or twice ever in No Man's Wharf. That's the most prominent issue the game ever had that most people bitched about.

Oh and I have no idea if it was confirmed or not, but when I played SOTFS around its (re)release it definitely seemed like shockwaves were mostly fixed away. So that's also neat.
>>
>transitioning from Das2 to bloodborne

Holy shit what
Why is everything so fast
>>
>>318265360
*too fast
>>
>>318265360
It was really obnoxious with certain weapons that degraded quickly, like the Giant Warrior's Club, especially since it killed a lot of things in one hit anyways so it was pretty much taking double durability damage.
>>
>>318265397

Because it isn't a Souls game?
>>
>>318265134
I'm sorry, are you saying that people who are unhappy about having an annoying disadvantage because they're playing at a higher frame rate are bitching?

And I think the key word here is 'annoying'. It's not like it made the game significantly harder (unless you were going for a no-bonfire run), it just made the game less fun.
>>
>>318265134
>Why didn't you get it on PC?
Still smiting over Bloodborne?
>>
>>318265360

>pick deprived
>have to punch everything in the forest of fallen giants

No it sucked fuck you
Also hitboxes didnt change but there never was anything wrong with them anyway
>>
>>318265550

Come on now
>>
Do I really have to invest in that Adaptability stat or whatever it is if I want to be not shit?
>>
>>318264598
>PS3
not even Demon's Souls being an optimized exclusive got that
why would a multiplat have it?
>>318267859
agility increases the amount of invincibility frames while rolling, also makes your estus chugging faster
>>
>>318267859
Adaptability and Attunement raise your Agility (by .75 and .25 respectively). Agility determines how many iframes your rolls have. So you don't strictly need it, but a few points go a long way.

For example, 85 AGI (the minimum possible) has five iframes on your roll, but 92 has ten.
>>
>>318264598
ps3 DS2 has variable framerate, it can run up to 60 in certain areas, like small rooms.
>>
>>318265360
I have SOTFS on ps4 and No Man's Wharf is the only place in the game I felt was completely bullshit.
those goddamn pirates hit hard and always combo a fuckton of attacks to empty out your stamina
the route you must follow forces you to face almost every single enemy in the map and your weapons are shit. if you have one or two upgraded ones to help you through it they will always break before you've reached the shortcut
bumrushing is also impossible since the fucking pirates also run sanic fast
>>
>>318267859
High adaptability is easy mode which I why I run high adaptability. First time I played I thought rolling was broken and hated the game until I rolled a new character with high adaptability/agility.
>>
>>318265631

Or because the vanilla PC version already runs at 60fps, so it'd be a guarantee that the SotFS version would run at 60fps.
>>
>>318264740
if you want magic, go for hex
all the rest has been nerfed and won't help you even against PvE later on
>>
>>318268282
Those numbers were for fast rolling, by the way. Obviously fat rolling has less iframes and more recovery time.
>>
>>318268739
For a pure magic build, pretty much this.

For a hybrid melee/magic build, sorceries aren't bad. Some form of Magic Weapon (Crystal Magic Weapon) and spammable magic (Great Heavy Soul arrow, etc) to clear to bosses and some massive sorc for bosses (Soul Geyser/Homing Crystal Soul Mass/Focus Souls) works pretty nicely.
>>
>>318268370
>the route you must follow forces you to face almost every single enemy in the map
Half the enemies are hiding in houses and won't bother you unless you go inside, and there are two shortcuts. What are you even doing.

>>318268739
Don't talk shit. Pyro is still strong with no stat investment, high-level sorceries can still drop bosses in a few shots, lightning spears are still powerful, Heavenly Thunder fucking melts any enemy with a large hitbox.
>>
>>318269207
>lightning spears are still powerful

This. I used to sun-bro with a full miracle build. Sunlight Spear and Great Lightning Spear would usually be enough to get us through Watcher/Defender and Nashandra.

Still required some good use of Defender's Great Sword or even just Lightning Mace for solo play.
>>
>>318269207
all of the pirates will ambush you if you head past the houses as you go up the initial stairs. the only optional part there is the tavern at the middle section but you'll have to go there if you want to light up the wharf
if you don't have a lockstone to do that you'll have to face all of those creeps too
once you head for the bell you'll have to go through that cramped space with even more pirates
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.