[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bout to pick this up in the sale, what am I in for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 256x361) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 256x361
Bout to pick this up in the sale, what am I in for?
>>
Really good shooting and FLASHLIGHT!
>>
File: 1441163616509.jpg (20 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
1441163616509.jpg
20 KB, 249x249
>>318261078
ladder
>>
Pretty topnotch game, in my opinion. Good single player, and I even played multiplayer extensively with a bud of mine. Really loved it. The sequels, not so much.
>>
File: Y2M3n.gif (3 MB, 511x288) Image search: [Google]
Y2M3n.gif
3 MB, 511x288
HE'S TOO FAST
>>
>>318261228
God damn, fuck that shit, thanks for reminding me.

>Brain turns off for a bit, can't figure out where it is I have to go.
>Backtrack thinking I missed something, nope.
>Still looking.
>Oh, a fucking ladder is here! Fucking finall...
>Bitch is right in front of me.

I vividly remember throwing my controller at the wall, I'm surprised it didn't break.

>Later in the game.
>Go on the conveyor belt.
>Alma appears on the other conveyor belt next to the one I'm on.
>Brother was in the same room, watching me play.
>"Haha, look, it's Alma, I wonder what she's going to do".
>I just stare at her, and she just stares back.
>No jump scares, no scary music, just two black eyes staring up at me.
>Then she disappears.
>We both go silent.

Fuck this game.
I wanted to play it again last Halloween, but I don't own them anymore, and I forgot, but I recommend playing them OP, shit's fucked.
>>
unsurpassed FPS mechanics

which is pretty sad when you think about it
>>
>>318261078
The Best Gunplay Ever
>>
>>318261078
A good game.

Simple but really solid and enjoyable shooting mechanics. Genuine terror at parts depending on your personality.

Don't bother with the sequels though.
>>
File: 1387611279101.jpg (31 KB, 320x286) Image search: [Google]
1387611279101.jpg
31 KB, 320x286
I have a friend who likes to make me play scary games because I usually get freaked out like a bitch. Tried to get me to play this game and he kept getting mad because I kept "ruining it."

You see, the problem with this game is they make you too much of a badass. That ladder everyone freaks out about? I did a leaping scissor kick off of and never saw the bitch. I jump kicked through doors and slid punched around corners. Nothing is scary when it's the fucking matrix. This game, while neat in concept, was probably the least scary "scary game" I've ever played. MC is just too hardcore to consider anything else a threat.
>>
>>318261078
You're probably in for a webm thread

perseus mandate a best btw
>>
>>318262119
yeah, agreed

I thought its horror elements were pretty childish, but like >>318262060 said; it depends on your personality on how effective it is. The game only relies on trying to shock the player with its horror elements; this shit ain't no Ringu.

but its combat-focused gameplay, well realized slow motion mechanics, the smart AI and just how visceral it all looks and sounds - those can't be denied
>>
>>318261078
some of the best firefights in video games
>>
>>318261078
I found it boring.
>>
>>318262060
>Don't bother with the sequels though.
I enjoyed F.E.A.R 2 almost as much as the first one, you just have to take them as almost completely different games
>>
>>318262503
Can't blame you. FEAR has pretty bland level design

Office office warehouse office concrete halls concrete tunnels office warehouse
>>
>>318262564
i can agree with this
Just be a bit careful with Fear 3
>>
All FEAR games are available on Bundle Stars for 5 bucks.

That said, the first one is the best. The second has a few good scenes, but the gunplay wasn't as fun as in the first. F3AR just sucked, but it was still okay for one co-op playthrough.
>>
>>318261078
shooter with shitty "scary" sequences. It gets boring realy fast.

At least it' cool to jump and kick.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.