[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was 6th gen the pinnacle of video games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: consoles.jpg (101 KB, 1276x600) Image search: [Google]
consoles.jpg
101 KB, 1276x600
Was 6th gen the pinnacle of video games?
>>
>>318250814
It was the pinnacle of pirating.
>>
It was the beginning of the mandatory tutorial era
>>
>>318250814
The 4th gen was the pinnacle of video gaming. Hardware got enough to show the best picture, but it wasn't enough to produce 3D, so good games weren't developed for long like now and by hundreds of people.
>>
It was the sweet spot where production values were still kinda low so they allowed for experimentation and risks, but the technology was also good enough for developers not be limited as much as they had been previously.
>>
>>318250896
there was just as much warez the gen before and after
>>
>>318250814

Nah, it's more like the PS2 was the swan song of video gaming. The golden era effectively ended in 2007.
>>
>>318250814
the last good generation
>>
>>318250814
I miss 6th gen.
>>
The current gen is the pinnacle of video games
>lifelike photorealistic graphics
>online multiplayer
>western dominance over the industry
>compelling stories comparable to cinema as opposed to the campy farces of previous gens
anyone who disagrees is a weeb and/or hipster
>>
>>318255890
too bad no good games come out anymore to make use of that tech
>>
I had the most fun with early 7th gen
>>
>>318255890
>lifelike photorealistic graphics
which take months to be drawn
>online multiplayer
since 1995
>western dominance over the industry
I dunno if it is bad or good.
>compelling stories comparable to cinema
Welcome to PC, stories comparable to the cinema since... I even dunno, when was the Zork I?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.