[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Been handed an iPad by work. Are their any games on this piece
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: topic_ipad_air_ipad_mini_0.png (637 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
topic_ipad_air_ipad_mini_0.png
637 KB, 800x800
Been handed an iPad by work.

Are their any games on this piece of shit that aren't just freemium bullshit?
>>
File: image.jpg (212 KB, 960x686) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212 KB, 960x686
>>318249687
Just jailbreak it and install emulators i did that with my college ipad
>>
>>318249687
Picross is pretty fun on a large screen.
The control sucks ass as usual though
>>
phoenix wright and mirror's edge
>>
>>318249963
Already updated to 9.1 before being handed to me, sadly.

Will be jailbreaking it as soon as ones released.
>>
>>318250051
See, this is the problem with the app store. I spent over an hour browsing, looking for some hint of something good, but everything that comes up as suggested is like, DRESS UP PRINCESS or some Farmville clone.
>>
>>318249687
I love this one:
https://youtu.be/bM8tzQBq4aQ
>>
>>318250173

yeah, you gotta do some digging, I mostly just look at console/PC companies and see what apps they got.

you can also experience Ghost trick on there if you wish, it looks pretty good on iPad, and super monkey ball is decent.
>>
>>318249687
Here are some games that I like:

-Year Walk
-Nihilumbra
-The Room
-The Room 2
-Symphonica: Grand Maestro
-Infinity Blade
-Chaos Rings III
-Badland
-Back To Bed

There are some ports, too:

-Shin Megami Tensei I
-Bastion
-Limbo
-Plague Inc.
-Final Fantasy II - VII

Those are probably the best games that iOS can offer. I mean, you can play Mirror's Edge and BioShock, but their console counterparts are better (I assume).

Oh, and this is not a game, but a pretty cool roaming kind of thing that I always love to recommend, it's called Polyfauna, and it was produced by Thom Yorke, the guy from Radiohead. Pretty cool shit.
>>
>>318250254
Oh, the Ace Attorney Trilogy and fucking Ghost Trick are in there too, but I haven't played the iOS ports.

Fucking play Ghost Trick.
>>
>>318250350

The trilogy is the HD version, so any faults with that on 3DS apply to ipad

Ghost trick looks goddamn amazing on mobile, I did not think it would, but damn
>>
File: img_1335.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
img_1335.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
Buy this or just jailbreak and pirate it.

Although, online might be pretty dead now.
>>
>>318250350

Huh, I never got around to playing Ghost Trick on DS, I'll grab it now, thanks!

>>318250473

Does MH not control horribly? If this worked, it would probably take all my play time...
>>
>>318250393
Damn, playing the AA trilogy on an iPad sounds pretty comfy.

I was very surprised with TWEWY Solo Remix too, I have it on my phone and it looks pretty damn good. I don't know if it's on the App Store, though.
>>
>>318250613

well to be fair you could probably jailbreak and just download a NDS emulator, only have to worry about the frame rate dropping because they can't figure out how to properly code the sound engine.

except for that one faggot making you plop $5 for the emulator that works. fuck that nigger
>>
>>318250473
“This application is not compatible with iOS 9 (including the Beta). There are currently no plans to update this application in the future. Please keep this in mind when updating your OS,”

Fuck you Capcom
>>
mobile shit isnt videogames.
>>
>>318251350
Oh well, that sucks.
You aren't missing out much, since it's the same game as the PSP one, sans the online multiplayer and better graphics/performance.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.