[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So... Who IS David Hayter?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: dh.png (354 KB, 919x527) Image search: [Google]
dh.png
354 KB, 919x527
So...

Who IS David Hayter?
>>
File: 1371693126819.png (629 KB, 1321x822) Image search: [Google]
1371693126819.png
629 KB, 1321x822
A man who was forced to walk the plank even though the ship was already sinking.
>>
>>318245750
Guy was shit even during MGS2. should have been cut 10 years ago
>>
I never understood the point of that odd MGS4 intro.
>>
>>318246114
>MGS2 Snake
>Not great
Daid is shit but he did a good job in MGS2.
>>
>>318246114
>kojimbo apologist

Please. No one complained about Hayter until PW, and even then, he proved he could do the voice without all the gravel. Blame the voice direction, not the actor.
>>
>>318246423
dude's been phoning it in ever since he expected a paycheck every time he hears mgs is getting released. kojima was right to get rid of him. MGS 2 snake was good but not hayter's performance
>>
>>318246265
It's what TV in 2014 was predicted to loom like.
>>
>>318246523
Fuck off. He was good in MGS2.
>>
>>318246523
The guy gave up like half his paycheck just so Twin Snakes could come out.

And he was only expensive in the first place because of union obligations, not greediness.
>>
>>318246772
nobody forced him to be in the unions. it's not required in the industry. and in fact he was part of that bullshit push to enslave studios to actor's unions anyway. wouldn't mind if he was set on fire.
>>
>>318246854
>wouldn't mind if he was set on fire.
Jesus what did he do to you?
>>
I'm fucking mad that the best setting in the MGS world, a dystopian War Economy, is wasted on MGS4.
>>
>>318247172
He joined with the SJWs which from my point of view is evil.
>>
What does /v/ think of Hayter MGS3? I mean that's a hell of a game where there is loads of dialog. I personally thought that was his most extensive work.
>>
>>318247528
>implying there's anything wrong with being a skeleton
>>
>>318246772

Fucking faggot Hayter drone. The guy has gone on record in an interview stating that he was "more expensive than (Kiefer)." And you fucks will still try to defend the guy.

He's just another shithead voice actor who thinks he's worth 50% of the game's budget just to lend his voice. Sick and fucking tired of hearing the same 5-8 people in every game.

Laura Bailey
Troy Baker
Nolan North
Steve Blum
Robin Downes

It's just the same fucking voices over and over and over again. Sign your fucking unions and blacklist studios who don't use you. I want fresh voices in my games, literal whos so when I play the game I don't go "oh look it's Jew Nose Bailey" or "Sup surfer man Baker." I just want to play my fucking game without hearing a real person, and only hear a character.

I gotta give credit to Rockstar for this one. They specifically use nobodies so when you play the game you don't get thrown off about the characters. They learned their lesson with San Andreas and to a lesser extent Vice City.

Actors/voice actors: Expensive, whiny, self-entitled cunts who are not easy to work with.
>>
>>318246854
>nobody forced him to be in the unions

That's very debatable, the union is pretty hostile if you don't join and actively make work almost impossible to get if you don't join.
>>
David Hayter? [Incoherent Growling]
>>
>>318247923
Source; my desperate anus
OK.
>>
>>318247789
That's when I first noticed the decline.

>>318247897
Yeah that's one reason why I liked the witcher 3 was because the Va's were a bunch of small time theater actors or voice actors from the UK outside of Charles Dance.
>>
It doesn't really matter if Hayter is good or bad, he IS Snake, both BB and Solid. Keifer is just so fucking dull in MGSV. And imagine if instead of showing us BB on motorcycle we heard Hayter's voice in the end of MGSV. It could be so much better.
>>
>>318247897
>who thinks he's worth 50% of the game's budget
Yeah, just like with Twin Snakes when he did the job for free, right?
>>
>>318248348
Why? No really what difference would the voice have made? It would be utterly trivial in every capacity.
>>
>>318248419
It's part of a character. Like the appearance. What if BB suddenly became woman? It's just bizzare when you hear one voice in PW and another in PW\TPP.
>>
>>318245750

He missed a 'u' in "dull" right above the bail.
>>
Hayter has literally never been good, just distinctive

Cam Clarke shit all over him in MGS1
>>
>>318248413
B-BUT THINK OF TWIN SNAKES
nah, dude was a jew
>>
>>318248640
otacon shit over hayter. lol
>>
>>318248589
He also missed a space on the 13th line
>>
>was hoping Hayter's whiny bitchfest on twitter was all a ruse and that he showed up as Solid Snake at the end of the game
>got a ruse, but wasn't the one I was expected
>Hayter was being a legit crybaby this entire time

Really soured my opinion of him
>>
>>318248589
>>318248848
so he actually typed this out to be some edgy faggot?
>>
>>318247897
Robin Downes had probably the best performance in MGSV aside from maybe Huey.
>>
>>318247897
>"more expensive than (Kiefer)."
not that guy, but Kiefer had like maybe 60 minutes TOTAL worth of fucking dialogue in all of MGSV

he hardly ever spoke at all, so it couldn't have been that fucking expensive
>>
File: politicalhayter.png (48 KB, 608x340) Image search: [Google]
politicalhayter.png
48 KB, 608x340
>>318244839
Average hollywood liberal

Preaches down to people about subjects he knows absolutely nothing about
>>
>>318246265
MGS4 is an in universe TV show loosely based on Solid Snake's adventures
>>
>>318249672
As if I didn't hate him enough already. Hope he burns in Canadian hell
>>
>>318249672
>If you don't want your guns to be banned you don't deserve to own those guns
What a fucking idiot.
>>
>>318247528

What did he do?
>>
>>318244839
That entire opening scene was so weird and makes replaying 4 a giant pain in the ass.
>>
>>318251719
Dude if there was just a no-cutscene mode unlocked in NG+ people would still be singing it's praises. Or y'know, just remember it fondlier.
>>
File: performance matters.png (638 KB, 588x940) Image search: [Google]
performance matters.png
638 KB, 588x940
>>318249672
lol
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.