[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is the left ok while the right is somehow worse than hitler?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: 1.jpg (120 KB, 1284x1020) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
120 KB, 1284x1020
why is the left ok while the right is somehow worse than hitler?
>>
>>318244291
yo, what's up with the left senpai? I wanna snatch that shit up asap.
>>
>right is somehow worse than hitler
Who says that?
>>
>>318244291
because it is a lot more than rescaling that goes into converting a motion picture.
>>
File: Cinderella_VHSvsBD.jpg (2 MB, 1544x6115) Image search: [Google]
Cinderella_VHSvsBD.jpg
2 MB, 1544x6115
>>318244291
Actually it can have just as many issues anon
This and the Star Wars remasters get a lot of shit
but hey nice try at bait you retard.
>>
>>318244524
/v/
>>
>>318244614
the halo pack is great because it made huge upgrades. idk about uncharted but zelda wii u barely changed anything and the wii u is a meme system anyway
>>
>>318244291
Only autists on /v/ go ballistic about remasters being made. You should see them fly off the handle about the PS4 bundles with remasters, it's fucking hilarious.

I've really been enjoying them because I was 360 last gen and didn't play most of the PS3's big releases. Uncharted is breddy gud so far, and I already played TLOU but I'm definitely getting it again for the better multiplayer and probably to re-Platinum it desu.

I have serious issues with the Master Chief collection but they have nothing to do with the fact that it exists. Just that they fucked up Halo 2 horribly.
>>
>>318244614
it sucks when it's a half assed cash grab

it's fine when it actually improves graphics
>>
File: 4e5.jpg (55 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
4e5.jpg
55 KB, 625x626
>>318244291
right because no ever bitches at George's remastered Star Wars or people never bitch that they paid $30 for a horrible cgi cheapened blu ray
>>
>>318244291
Both can be good or bad, depending on how they're handled.
As with any creative work, once you start changing things, people are gonna flip their shit regardless of what you do.
>>
>>318244578
Jesus it looks like they just drew over the frames in photo shop on their lunch break and called it a day. Old Disney films deserve better, I'm glad I still have a bunch of the classic VHS.

I miss actual Disney animated films, it's shameful only the Japs and frogs are making cartoon movies instead of cutscene shit
>>
Is Uncharted even a good game? It seems to be relatively popular, but I never see /v/ talking about it.
>>
>>318245159
it's pretty generic
>>
>>318245025
I think classic animation is out the door for awhile no body pays to go see it anymore.
>>318245159
eh, it's decent with a fun plot
It's praise comes from the fact Sony has very few exclusives that are actually worth your time.
>>
>>318244291
>Left is okay

Only if you are weaboo faggot.
>>
The left is alright because it consolidates the whole series and is on a far superior medium where it will look and sound like it should, and presumably also is cheaper than buying the full VHS set.

As for the things on the right, the Master Chief Collection is shit because they did an awful job of porting the games and half the shit doesn't work, Wind Waker HD looks far worse than the actual original Wind Waker and is just one game, the Uncharted Collection is forgettable and shitty just like the games themselves.
>>
>>318244614
It's more a point of they were worse than the originals too

Wind Waker has a disgusting change in visual quality
Uncharted Collection may run at 60 FPS but now has an ugly as fuck filter
Halo MCC was a disaster all around. 343 can't do anything right
>>
>>318245159
i only rented the first two games
it's a mediocre linear third person shooter that gets hyped up a lot because of marketing and the graphics look alright for console standards
>>
I think both are okay. A Zelda collection for Wii U would be god tier.
>>
File: golden lel overload.jpg (379 KB, 1111x597) Image search: [Google]
golden lel overload.jpg
379 KB, 1111x597
>>318245584
>zelda collection
now that eShop exists and nintendo sells literal ROMs for $10, NEVER EVER
>>
>>318244578
>the same company that releases abortions of classic animated films owns Star Wars

I guess there really is no hope for a proper restoration of the original theatrical trilogy.
>>
>>318244864

>tfw Terminator 2 still doesn't have a decent Blu Ray transfer
>>
>>318245159
It's fun as hell. Just an Indiana Jones kind of adventure with a little more blood and vulgarity, fun characters, ect. /v/ shits on it because of the Sony boogeyman but I'm enjoying the remaster of Drake's Fortune so far and it came out in fucking 2007.

I'd definitely give it a go now that there's a remaster pack with all 3, I wouldn't have gotten them individually because this kind of game isn't really my cup of tea, but I would recommend playing it if you have a PS4.
>>
>>318244291
The example you'd really want on the right side to make your point is the MGS collection. That was a (at the time) comprehensive overview of the series in a single package, with the preferred versions, and other extras. And all for the price of one game
>>
>>318245839
It was missing plenty of extras from Substance and Subsistence, but at least MGS3 finally ran at a decent framerate.
>>
>>318245159
Generic TPS with good set pieces and reasonable characters. Worth playing through the first two, probably not the third
>>
>>318245681
Yeah, I don't ever expect it. But it would be nice.
>>
How often are HD rerelease collections actually good and not totally unplayable garbage?
>>
>>318246629
Most of the time. Silent Hill and Halo were exceptions to the norm, and in the case of Silent Hill, that's because Konami completely fucked over the dev team by giving them unfinished early beta versions of the games. They had to remake most of the entire games.

I mean fuck, look at the Kingdom Hearts. They outright add more content, have better graphics, ADD NEW GRAPHICAL EFFECTS, and the only drawback is that they redid some of the music and they removed some panties.
>>
>>318244291
Remaster =/= re-release
>>
>>318246821
>that's because Konami completely fucked over the dev team by giving them unfinished early beta versions of the games
more specifically, the latest source available was from an unfinished version because konami is shit at keeping sources and then high voltage or whoever shat out that collection didn't want to disassemble the final PS2 releases like bluepoint and other fags like to do
really devs should just be less shitty at keeping their source code
>>
>>318248249
It seems to only be a problem in Japan. I've never really heard of it happening to a western dev, every single case I've heard of it's been like Squeenix or Konami
>>
File: 1423520029501.jpg (55 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1423520029501.jpg
55 KB, 722x349
>>318244291
>tfw Eva and EoE BR will never come to west
>>
>>318248512
japs are really shitty developers for several reasons, one being that they're very diametrically opposed to the idea of venturing outside of the microsoft ecosystem.
All those neat and powerful development tools that the west has created?
Git? SVN? Mercurial, even?
They might as well not exist, everyone' just haphazardly edits their source code without tracking version history.
>>
File: 1448534263937.png (493 KB, 1238x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448534263937.png
493 KB, 1238x1080
It is ok, only idiots get mad over HD releases.
>>
>>318248672
if you want that box set to look good on a shelf, just buy it as it is, and if you're a dubfag, someone's probably already remuxed the BD videos with the dub audio
i don't see why it needs to come west
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.