[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mass Effect 1: >Humans are the "literally who" race,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: ME4 leak new mass effect relays.jpg (133 KB, 1913x991) Image search: [Google]
ME4 leak new mass effect relays.jpg
133 KB, 1913x991
Mass Effect 1:
>Humans are the "literally who" race, everyone can see their bravado just hides their lack of actual ability
>The universe didn't revolve around earth, everyone was focused on their own thing
>Shepard is just a small part in a bigger world

Mass Effect 2:
>Shepard is somehow a household name, everyone is happy when you comeback from the dead
>Humans now well respected after 1 Human did ok
>Shepard becomes an extremely important part of the universe's biggest players' plan

Mass Effect 3:
>Turians are okay with sacrificing their planet to save the super special snowflake Earth
>Most important battle in the history of the universe takes place on fucking Earth
>Humans now revered
>Shepard is Space Jesus here to deliver us from evil

What the fuck happened? Can Andromeda save us?
>>
In Mass Effect the story revolves around the player, not around the setting, so all things will be done to make you the center of attention.
>>
>>318240969
I could write a book about how ME was ruined but luckily someone else has started it already

http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=29394

I still cannot fathom how it is physically possible to ruin a series like ME was ruined, I will never be hyped for anything again. ME1 was the last hope of scifi roleplaying games
>>
>>318240969
I think your problem is this
>Mass Effect 1
>RPG

>Mass Effect 2 and 3
>Cover Shooters
>>
>>318241915
ME could have been about space cops and interesting cases, not every story has to be "the chosen one saves the entire world."
>>
>shepard is somehow a household name
>led the counter attack that saved the citadel
>somehow

Shepard becoming super famous made plenty of sense.
As did humans becoming integral to the reflie effort because they got their first for that sweet PR
>>
>>318242323
this, being a spectre solving crimes and dealing with politics would have been much better
>>
File: MASS EFFECT.png (122 KB, 983x1056) Image search: [Google]
MASS EFFECT.png
122 KB, 983x1056
posting this from back in the day
>>
>>318242640
Xenophobia was still extremely strong throughout ME2, everyone leaving their planets to help defend Earth, and the importance of Earth to the reapers, made no sense.
>>
>>318242907
3 was mired in poor design and writing choices.
Earth would have been beyond saving once you arrived on Tuchanka.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMsg35Wuhvo
What made ME1 so special? Why did ME2/3 seem like hollow shells in comparison? Where'd the fantastic atmosphere/music go?
>>
>>318243136
Because ME1 is an RPG that has TPS gameplay while ME2 and 3 are just fucking cover shooters.

I'll at least throw ME3 a bone and say that it TRIED to put back in some of the shit 2 stripped out. It wasn't very good, but it fucking tried, which is more than I can say for Gears of Mass Effect 2.
>>
>>318243136
Because it did the same thing New Vegas and the Mad Max movies did. They had a world that you inhabited, were allowed to explore. People you interacted with and affected. Allowed you to play a part in how it's story progresses in a meaningful way. And then the story was allowed to end.

It didn't make you the main character. It didn't make you important in and of yourself. It didn't give you anything you didn't earn. It didn't bend itself to suit you.
>>
>>318243136

ME1 respected the lore.

ME2 and ME3 were more about doing "cool" things and didn't care what rules they had to break to make it happen.
>>
>>318240969
>Humans are the "literally who" race, everyone can see their bravado just hides their lack of actual ability
Yeah, nah. ME1 humans are still special snowflakes, it's just not as blatant as other sci-fi stories
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.