[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Orphan of Kos the toughest boss in any Souls game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: orphan of kos.png (373 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
orphan of kos.png
373 KB, 620x350
Is the Orphan of Kos the toughest boss in any Souls game?
>>
beat him first time on my new game+ run

Ludwig gave me more problems
>>
>>318238341
yes

took me 30-something tries, and i'm pretty decent at these games

a fucking fantastic fight though. better moveset than artorias.
>>
>>318239086
>30 tries
literally how? What level were you and what weapon were you using?
>>
He wasn't too bad. beat him on the third try wielding the bowblade. It's pretty easy to roll or dodge step towards him and spank him, especially when he goes 'roid mode.

Laurence however is being a bitch boy. He does SOOOoooo much damage that you have to basically not get hit at all.
>>
>>318238341
Looked WAY easier than Manus in the youtube vid I saw of the fight. Manus is a real faggot unless you cheese
>>
>>318241803
>Looked WAY easier than Manus in the youtube vid I saw of the fight
>youtube vid I saw of the fight
Please fucboi. 90% of the people who played BB played DaS. Manus is a low tier bitch compared to him.
>>
>>318238341

I don't know. Took me two tries on Ng+.

Laurence pushed my shit hard tho.
>>
>>318241803

Manus wasn't tough. Seemed pretty standard aside from that attack where he summons humanities.
>>
>>318241803
>can block all attacks with a shield.
>>
Died 5 times at Ludwig. Rest was 1-2 attempts.

Only reason why Ludwig gave me a hard time was because of rusty skills. Once I stopped rushing like a retard, most fights become easy.
>>
i thought abhorrent beast was the hardest boss in this game?
>>
>>318241803
Manus is tough, but not on the same level as Orphan.
>>
People that claim they beat him first try need to post their level, what game they're in and if they used summons.
>>
>>318243189
You know you can parry him right? Nearly every boss that you can parry becomes a joke.

You don't even need to time it sometimes, just shoot at a distance when they attack and you can get surprisingly lucky.
>>
>>318242212
>>318242358
>Toughguying on the internet this hard

No boss in DS was hard to me aside from the centipede and the lion thing besides Manus. Manus is multiple times harder than those. Orphan looks like Artorias 2.0

>>318242621
Pretty sure this is a lie unless you mean you can block his attack *once*
>>
>>318238341
Not as hard as people say he is. Beat him second try. Don't get why it takes most people 30+ tries. I guess I'm just good.

Actually no. Scratch that. I'm average. Most people are just bad. Not surprising, considering how many BB/Souls players come to the series straight from casual shit like Skyrim.
>>
>>318238341
It's the only boss I couldn't solo
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 867x664) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 867x664
>>318238341
To people that have beaten him.
How much Vit do you have?
Like I can hurt him a lot but he can occasionally kill me in one hit or 2 hits since I'm still getting up from the first hit and can't heal or dodge.
I have 25 vit +15% life Carlyle rune.
>>
>>318245787
I beat him with maybe 30 vit. I can't remember the exact stat. It was in NG, so I'm sure he deals less damage.
I beat him using beastblood pellets with my whirligig saw. Kind of cheap, maybe.
>>
>>318245787
base VIT.

you don't need HP if you never get hit
>>
You guys do realize you can change your armor in this game right? Equip some fucking fire resistance, Jesus Christ. Laurence is a little bitch if you can withstand some hits.
>>
>>318243143

It's funny, he really does rush you and attack with such ferocity that it keeps the player on edge in a way no other boss really does. For the most part.

However, I think this forces most people to go into Berserker mode and rush him, leading to less tries overall as you get your licks in and eventually topple him.

Oh, also Poison Daggers.
>>
>>318246659

I went hard into fire defense and then physical.

His final form is just such a clusterfuck between finding openings and not getting cornered.
>>
>>318246659
I did just that and wore the Asian set and I breezed through him.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.