[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets list the reasons why MOBAs are the worst games. I'l
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: maxresdefault.jpg (153 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
153 KB, 1280x720
Lets list the reasons why MOBAs are the worst games.
I'l Start they are boring as fuck.
>>
>>318228913
They require me to work with other people in a team, and I hate working with people. Why can't I just control every aspect? >:(
>>
>>318228913
Lol is dota isn't

T. 5k rubick and es spammer
>>
>>318228913
A lot of the time they suffer from having the appearance of depth while in reality having none. LoL suffered a lot from this before I quit, where there was one "objectively good" build for every character and it was all just bigger numbers.

I like games with items that actually do stuff rather than give you any stats. It seems to me that that will be more deep and complex at any given moment than the alternative.
>>
File: 1263550763566.jpg (130 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1263550763566.jpg
130 KB, 1024x768
>Do literally everything right and play your character perfectly
>You still lose because just one person on your team was an idiot
>At any given time there is a potential of four idiots on your team.

This is why I don't like them personally. In other games I can usually carry shitters, but not MOBAs. It's way too team work reliant for me. If you aren't running with your IRL besties- you aren't winning

Also all the levels are the same
>>
It ruined my friendship with a lot of people due to them only playing that trash
>>
>>318228913
They're RTS's for people too braindead to control more than one unit.
>>
I like LoL and usually play around 15-20 games a week though I take a break after playing if for a few months. It's fine in small doses though it gets shitty if I play it for longer than that and it's also how I remain in contact with alot of my old friends so it serves it's purpose.
>>
>content consists solely of competitive multiplayer

This is all there is to it.
>>
>>318228913
>wahh I don't like it
this doesn't mean it's bad, anon
>>
>>318228913
i think if they had more base building, more economy management, the reason wc3 worked is cause heros were a small part of a bigger whole, and when dota came about it was all about the heros now, arnt they cool... wooo...
>>
>>318231225
Just like Quake and Street Fighter, right?
>>
Their ranking systems are fucking trash.
>>
>>318228913
1 unit, 2-4 active abilities, rest passive. Literally more shallow than Diablo 3.
>>
File: 1282366360853.png (187 KB, 476x349) Image search: [Google]
1282366360853.png
187 KB, 476x349
>>318231671
>meanwhile Quake, "the epitome of epsorts," is one unit with 1 ability
>>
Whenever I watch MOBAs, I have no idea what the fuck is going on. For fighting games, I look at EVO and I can actually understand what the two players are doing. Granted, I have no idea what "BnB", "dialup combos" or sometimes even numpad directions and shortened input names, but I can SEE what they're doing. I have a somewhat basic understanding of fighting games, certainly more than the average person does at least. I will never understand MOBAs.
>tl;dr MOBAs all look the same to me.
>>
>>318231671
>not playing dota and playing 12-slot tinker
kek
>>
>>318228913
The communities are usually full of assholes because they scapegoat their team whenever something bad happens.
>>
File: 1367836384996.gif (1 MB, 301x250) Image search: [Google]
1367836384996.gif
1 MB, 301x250
>>318231812

git gud faggot. At least Quake requires skill.
>>
>>318232057
>damage control - the post
>>
They're just RTS games for people who can't play RTSS games due to being casual
>>
>>318232135
>>318231614
>>
>>318232057
please go ahead and stomp people in a moba
>>318228913
unperfect imbalance
>>
I can't stress this enough but mobas suck if you play with randoms though they're pretty good If you play them with non austitic friends.
>>
The only moba worth playing is Dota
But Dota isn't actually a moba so yeah that's correct
>>
MOBAs were just casualized RTS games.

Unable to micromanage a hundred individual units like you do in Total War?

Okay, you only control this one unit. This is your hero. He has a few activated abilities.

Now go join a pug of BR and RUs who will scream unintelligible shit at you in foreign words and punch your buttons against a team of 4 other BRs and RUs. And even though the game match is decided in the first 5 minutes, we're gonna make the match last an hour just to waste your fucking time.
>>
>>318230847
>I like games with items that actually do stuff rather than give you any stats. It seems to me that that will be more deep and complex at any given moment than the alternative.
It sounds like you'd like dota then, the game has way less of a focus on stat scaling and a lot more on utility items and actives.
>>
MOBAs are the only games that are actually GAMES these days. Not interactive stories. I mean a game like chess is a game. A game where the rules are defined and you play inside those rules to beat an opponent.

The vast majority of "games" these days are simply interactive movies. Why don't we have separate words for these types of media? Why are they all lumped under "games", in sorry, but The Last of Us is a good interactive movie, but it's not a "game".
>>
Snowballing - The game ends before it actually ends

Death timers - You spend a large portion of the game time doing nothing if you die

Counter picks - You can lose the game before it even starts if your heros don't match up favorably

RNG - Mainly dota does this, the difference between a haste rune and a bounty rune can change the entire game outcome

Massive hero imbalance - League does this more than dota, where there are the meta heros, and then there are the shit heroes outclassed in almost every way

P2W - League and hots and maybe others do this, dota doesn't, but players are gated without spending stupid amounts on the game.
>>
File: whytrash.png (136 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
whytrash.png
136 KB, 300x450
The genre is objectively shit because these games take almost zero skill and have almost zero depth. Normies aren't intelligent enough to realize that what they think takes skill actually is just a combination of luck, chaos theory and teamwork (which is based on luck if solo matchmaking). The range of what you can do in game is ultimately very limited and the entirety of the depth and complexity of the game is emergent based ONLY on the chaotic interaction of 10 people trying to do the same thing, rather than an elegant core gameplay design.

Consider the difference between true emergent gameplay leading to a large (or unlimited) number of 'win' states, versus a large number of potential routes to only three 'win' states.

The former is chess, and the latter is Mass Effect 3.

ASSFAGGOTS = Trash.
>>
There is very rarely more than one right way to play as a character. One would wonder why they give you the choice at all.
>>
>>318232343
By this logic, any game where you control a single character is a casualized RTS.
The gameplay shares nothing with RTS other than the engine history and a bit of flavor that doesn't affect gameplay. It has everything that makes any other single-character team game respectable.

Assfaggots are essentially MMO arenas or Diablo PVP rolled into individual matches with per-game progression.
The fact that people criticize them for being a "one-unit RTS" but not any of the other games that are functionally the same thing from that perspective shows the lack of understanding people actually have of the games they're trying to criticize.
>>
File: 4203360.jpg (49 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
4203360.jpg
49 KB, 500x330
>>318231059
This, but also
>do everything right
>can't beat 4+ enemy party all coordinated on vent in full NEETautist mode
>just trying to have fun

This has literally killed EVERY ASSFAGGOTS game I have ever played for me.

It's especially bad in HotS, which is supposed to be the casual friendly "hop in, but also eSports" game. You can't have it both ways, and not a single fucking company realizes it.

They spent a whole panel at Blizzcon discussing how they plan to fix matchmaking and had nothing good to share. ASSFAGGOTS as a whole is fundamentally flawed for this, and the reason you can't expect it to ever be a justified game type on its own. It's a custom map with a bunch of money thrown at it and nothing more.
>>
>>318232607
Because language evolves, prescriptivist scum.
>>
>>318232632

Of the dozens of bad design choices you can legitimately criticize, you choose depth and skill, which can be empirically proven through consistent tournament performance of teams in every moba?

Fuck off retard, you don't understand games.
>>
>>318228913
Having to spend 40+ minutes on match that is already over within the first 5-10minutes in 90% of all cases.
Mobas are a bigger time waste than mmos
>>
File: 1448687321811.jpg (167 KB, 938x632) Image search: [Google]
1448687321811.jpg
167 KB, 938x632
ITT: FPS, RTS and MMO fags furious they can't even hold a candle to MOBAs (though they've sure as hell tried) and therefor try to downplay and villainize the genre

I mean, at least fucking try to make it less obvious
Say LoL is better with a DoTA2 image
Talk about how good HoN or smite is
Trolling is weak tonight
>>
>>318232684
LoL is not representative of the entire genre
>>
>>318228913
ITT: Opinions
>>
>>318232684
Master yi
Sion
Mordehuehue
Nasus
All fun to play both ap and ad
>>
>>318233191

WOW THANKS MAN I HAD NO IDEA DISCUSSING THE QUALITY OF MEDIA WOULD INVOLVE OPINIONS
>>
>>318233107
>ITT: FPS, RTS, MMO, and MOBA fags argue about which of their shit low-brow genres is the least braindead.

Fixed.
>>
MOBAs are meme games.
Similar to Undertale, people barely discuss the game itself and instead show off all the reaction images and webcomics that they've shoehorned the games' characters into.
>>
File: 4363.png (735 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
4363.png
735 KB, 720x540
>>318232759
>Party

>Anon, you should play Dota with us!
>We need another player for our team! It'll be fun to have a co-worker I see every day play with us!
>That girl you like started playing with us yesterday!
>>
>>318232759
Dota is especially bad when it comes to this, being matched against a 4-5 player party with your team only being randoms is the norm.
>>
>>318228913
Because they are essentially a combination of an RTS where you control only one unit and a MMO where you only have 4 skills. Matches are a 30 minute grinding race where you have to avoid being ganked/gank and do everything else people complain about in mmos. Maybe in the final minutes of the game youll actually start fighting continuously. The best strategy is to play like a pussy until you're leveled up/geared up beyond your opponent(rather than being a better player). They're extremely simple and boring games hiding behind the false veil of complexity that is having a ton of characters, dispite only a handful ever seeing use. And obviously shit community.
>>
File: 1448605118532.gif (4 MB, 362x271) Image search: [Google]
1448605118532.gif
4 MB, 362x271
>>318233394
Alright, ill give you that one
>which pool of shit has the least chunks
You better be a gym rat bro. Don't be wasting time on vidya
>>
>>318228913
The amount of visual/auditory reinforcement you get when playing MOBA games rivals that of most popular MMOs.
The gold chings, the characters shine with levels, skill points and XP galore. You're killing things from 30 seconds till 50 minutes later.
It's a nonstop reward cycle, dangling that next item or level or last hit like the carrot it is. The game is an hour of random rewards with the power progression of most singleplayer RPGs packed into 60 minutes of gameplay.

There are aspects of the games that may be fun, but the real reason you have to requeue is your addiction to the constant rewards.

Not much different from gambling or a rat pushing a lever. Random rewards hook you in and keep you in until you're so sick of the retards playing the game you have to stop for a bit.

You have the competitive aspect of RTS without the high skill ceiling, the burden of knowledge to justify your hundreds of hours sunk into the game and a full team to blame so you don't feel bad when you lose.

Actually, I lived through DotA as it became popular in 2004 and 2005, and ninety-five percent of the players chose DotA because they were terrible at Warcraft III. It was an easier game and their lack of skill could be obfuscated by the knowledge-based depth curve.
>>
>>318233191
No shit faggot, what the fuck else would we discuss? Facts about video games?
>>
>want to get into LoL
>this move speed

WHY? Is it so games last longer? Holy fuck I uninstalled right after, 30-40 min games could be cut down to half if everyone didn't move like a turtle. Smite still my favorite MOBA, doesn't cashshop you for skins and you can earn everything in game.
>>
an individual player can single handedly cause a loss, but it is extremely difficult for an individual player to win the game basically by themselves. that is the biggest problem with mobas.
other multiplayer games, lets say cod, have issues with balance and broken mechanics or weapons or something, but at least you can still win them easily when behind or with a few bad teammates.
>>
File: 1390472091653.jpg (57 KB, 492x550) Image search: [Google]
1390472091653.jpg
57 KB, 492x550
>>318233009
LOLbabby assblasted confirmed.
Team performances aren't entirely consistent, and they are vastly more inconsistent than comparable tournament performances in games such as Quake, Starcraft or chess. If you weren't so fanny flustered, you'd realize I'm entirely right that the illusion of depth is created by skill-negating luck-based emergence. This is a demonstrable fact which explains the inconsistency of team performance at the tournament level in comparison to other games as well as the further drop in consistency when playing with a randomized team even though matchmaking chooses opponents and teammates that are at your skill level.

What does it say about this shit genre that unless you essentially cheat by controlling the only non-luck factor (the team), your odds of winning are entirely unaffected by your personal contribution in game?

>mon visage when common plebes rekt by ludology
>>
>>318233009
Too bad the gameplay is ass. The genre as a whole lacks execution difficulty and focuses more on countering than anything else (oh man, it's hard to push 4 and roflstomp if conditions are ideal). At least with SC2 it was fast paced and you had to manage everything on your own.
>>
File: 1427948161953.gif (641 KB, 339x509) Image search: [Google]
1427948161953.gif
641 KB, 339x509
>>318233907
Try playing a melee support, or soft hitting range support
>Sit in bushes
>poke them, but theyll regen the damage anyways
>Dont touch my farm, even when im at base (so the wave can push)
>Be broke, but still buy everything everyone else asks you to get
>You better be supporting my dumbass, even when i dive or im reporting
>reporting you anyways
>>
>There are aspects of the games that may be fun, but the real reason you have to requeue is your addiction to the constant rewards.

the real real reason is your addiction to social gratification, "oh shit he praised me for pressing r! now I finally think im good at something!" a glorified chatroom with some game in the background - literally the only reason anyone plays this shit, no one in their right mind would do the same shit in the same map with the same characters with the same builds (maybe 2 different items every now and then to spice things up) for 1000+ hours in singleplayer
>>
File: RNkpD8Y.gif (2 MB, 200x293) Image search: [Google]
RNkpD8Y.gif
2 MB, 200x293
>they talk about their matchmaking methods every fucking time there's an "talk to the devs" moment
>years later, a majority of your games are still blow outs
>feeders and trolls at every MMR
>>
>>318228913

The idea of playing a game for 30+ minutes and having everything you did be undermined by one bad sport turns me off. The fact that that one bad sport will then file a complaint against every other member of the team in order to say that it was THEIR fault is also irritating. That those complaints might actually FURTHER HURT YOU is inexcusable.

I think MOBA are silly. I played them when they were still a Warcraft mod, but not anymore.
>>
>>318234542
You can't help human nature, so it's no surprise that the average ASSFAGGOT player is a faggot.
>>
File: lel.gif (134 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
lel.gif
134 KB, 340x340
>>318234281

>play "support"
>get a gold generating and ward item like a good little supportbitch
>everything else is a carry item
>end up as a carry that outpaces the "real" carries in champion damage

You just have to pretend to be a good little healslut.
>>
File: 1444001039813.jpg (130 KB, 766x864) Image search: [Google]
1444001039813.jpg
130 KB, 766x864
Close games where all the players are very high skill are an amazing experience you can't get from almost any other game. Most people here wouldn't understand this since they never get past the entry-level skill barrier before giving up, and proceed to talk shit about a game they don't even understand.
>>
File: watching LoL videos.webm (2 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
watching LoL videos.webm
2 MB, 800x600
>>318228913
they're ARPG's with no interesting thing between beginning grind and endgame. They're also very VERY slow and pic related is generally true for all of them
>>
File: 1415334450330.jpg (131 KB, 400x434) Image search: [Google]
1415334450330.jpg
131 KB, 400x434
>>318234879

>only a tiny percentage of players reach the top ranks
>everyone talks online like they're a top ranked player
>>
>>318228913
Mobas are shit because the knowledge barrier is full on retarded. I don't know of a single game genre that requires you to know so much before you can even decently start at square one. Think about it, there are about thirty or more heros with dozens of items and builds with multiple strategies. Just pure "who can do what" or "What should I build" or "should I go over and help another lane" can take hours to learn. Even RTS games usually have story modes that ease you into all the things you need to learn. Mobas might have a multi-part tutorials but non Ive played even come close to simulating even a low rank match against people. I mean yeah you attack towers and push but nothing will teach you how to play a moba better then painful trial and error.

This wouldn't be so bad if mistakes where HIGHLY DETRIMENTAL at any given moment. Most multiplayer games one or two kills isn't enough to bone you outright. But in a moba one bad move literally can chain effect an entire fucking team fight, which in turn makes the enemy team that much harder to fight the next time around. That's like if you lost a fight in a team fight in a FPS yet the next time everyone had more health and more damaging guns, and every time you loose it gets worse to the point its stupid. Now make those game rounds 40 minutes long.
>>
>>318228913
Because people are insufferable.

League has the shittiest metagaming and game balance I've ever seen. And dear fucking god this atrocious playerbase. What a sick fucking joke God is playing when you see the people playing in this shithole. It's not even /b/-tier bad, it's literally a bunch of angsty crybabies who rage when they don't get their way. A bunch of impudent brats whose parents should've sent to military school. Seriously fuck this retards, I wish upon them an eternity of being sodomized by a thorny, lead baseball bat.

It doesn't make any sense why people in other regions don't know how to stay in their region in Dota 2, they somehow always manage to infest NA and EU.

SMITE is niche garbage. Also
>Hi-Rez
you're an idiot if you support these assholes

Heroes of the Storm is League of Lesbians 0.5.0. If you play this shitfest and pathetic excuse for a game, you deserve to be in a world where every doorknob is a cock that you have to suck to go through.

MOBAs are trash, that's an undisputed consensus-driven opinion. It's only a deciding factor of which one is less garbage than the other. In my opinion, Dota 2 is the reigning king of MOBAs that don't suck ass.
>>
Who the fuck wants to spend 20 minutes through an hour and a half clicking on the ground a million times?
>>
MOBAs are great for making and breaking friendships.

The amount of asspain you can cause with unconventional strats is just too good.
>>
File: 1448678845859.gif (879 KB, 245x400) Image search: [Google]
1448678845859.gif
879 KB, 245x400
>>318235756

>I actually enjoy unconventional strats and wish more would be introduced to keep the game interesting
>1/10 people are actually pursuing an alternative strat, the other 9/10 are just absolute retards that have no clue what they're doing
>I flame people that use alternative strats

Life is suffering
>>
File: 3494320.gif (347 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
3494320.gif
347 KB, 480x360
>>318235756
>mfw i care about lane health
>mfw no one else does
>mfw i got into a fight with a friend over its importance
>i break it down second-by-second in a replay for him
>mfw he's asspained to oblivion and back

sometimes it's worth it
>>
File: 1418457621128.gif (959 KB, 245x400) Image search: [Google]
1418457621128.gif
959 KB, 245x400
>>318236024
>>
>>318233681
For the most part, you are right. One thing though. I didn't play LoL or Dota after starcraft because I wasn't good at starcraft. I was diamond, which I think was pretty good for a guy with no intentions of going pro. I played them BECAUSE they were easier. You gotta be focused all the time in high level SC. Long portions of Dota you just turn your brain off. It's easier to relax.
>>
>>318228913
You're like those little kids who saying that RTS games or old RPGs games are boring.
>>
File: ALL manos.png (330 KB, 400x573) Image search: [Google]
ALL manos.png
330 KB, 400x573
>>318235261
>only a tiny percentage of players are in a tiny percentage of players
>>
>>318231198

This single simple statement is the whole true between that game and me.
>>
Just curious from someone who hasn't played DotA or LoL for around 2 years.

Does Gaben make you sign a shitposting contract in order to queue for your 100th game of doter or something?

League players almost never mention DotA (any counterargument to this is probably doter false flaggers who take screen caps of their own posts), while DotA players are rabid insecure babies with an incredible inferiority complex.

It literally never stops. Even streamers do it, so you can't blame a few vocal shitposters on /v/ and /vg/.
>>
File: Jayce skills.png (610 KB, 901x2315) Image search: [Google]
Jayce skills.png
610 KB, 901x2315
>>318230581
>Lol is dota isn't
Lol champions got literally 8 active skills on some heroes like Jayce\Nidalee\Elise and several passives, not counting active items or summoner skills. Dota got 2 active skill per hero and 2 passives. No summoner skills. Not counting active items.
Dota sure is fun.
>>
>>318236934
And yet it STILL manages to be more boring. Amazing really, when you think about it.
>>
>>318236739
>fag who used to work on dota drops it to make lel
>deletes dota main forum and replaces it with a direct link to lel
>dota guys get mad as fuck and never forgive him
>everyone else hops on the bandwagon and hates lel
>>
>>318236739
it was a meme for a while to post league bashing image macros with outright false information in them
it's like a cultural thing
>>
>>318237010
Yes, it's boring for kids who don't know how to play.
>>
>>318236934
>Dota got 2 active skill per hero and 2 passives
Literally only Spectre and Phantom Assassin, Bristleback, and a very small handful of other heroes are like this. I don't know why you have to lie to make whatever point it is you're trying to make.
>>
>>318237163
>Literally only
>Spectre and Phantom Assassin, Bristleback, and so on and so on
>Literally only
Keep playing your shit game.
>>
>>318228913
The cancerous community doesn't help their case.
>>
>>318237435
Oh no, like 4-6 out of a hundred-plus heroes have 2 actives and 2 passives. Help, I need the MOBA police, stat!

>Keep playing your shit game.
But I only play League of Lesbians just to be with friends. I don't even want to play it, I'd rather play something else.
>>
>>318231509
>wahh I like it
this doesn't mean it's good, anon
>>
Mobas are shit for one reason.
The community make the KS and MLP communities look like well adjusted people.
>>
>>318237616
"It's boring" is not an argument, it's a baseless opinion
>>
>>318236739

Dota is really popular in countries that shitpost a lot. Namely Russia and other slavic countries.
>>
File: 1401606586812.jpg (13 KB, 299x262) Image search: [Google]
1401606586812.jpg
13 KB, 299x262
>>318236934
>Not counting active items.
Why? Is it because active items are what make the average dota hero use more buttons than the average LoL hero?

>I'm right, just don't look at that thing that makes me wrong!
>>
I just hate MOBAS, I can't get into them.

I recently started playing with some firends that (to no surprise to anyone) dropped any game they played and now they only play dota2.

after some time of the annoying the shit out of me to play with them I decided to give it a try (as in a couple weeks back)

>Wow anon, you're really good, it took 'friendthatplayslikeshit2' 1 year to get on that level, you should tottaly tag with us.

No, stop, I can't get into it.

I want to enjoy the game, not play it just to win as you do in SC2.
>>
>>318233526
>I've literally never played this game but I'll make completely unsubstantiated in-depth criticism of it anyways
>>
>>318237964

LoL has a shit ton of active items now, too.

So add BotRK, timing QSS and shit like that to champions that already have 4-8 active skills and probably their own little minigame.
>>
>>318236934
>2 active skills per hero and 2 passives

Okay, let's take Bristleback for example.

I'd get power treads on him. That's an activatable item. I'd also very strongly consider halberd if they have a right clicker I can get close. That's also an activatable item. Maybe a BKB if they have insane magic damage. Another activatable item. Maybe you'll want to get a crimson guard or blademail, maybe a shivas - All activatable items.

Not to mention that on top of that you're dealing with actual fog of war, stacking, pulling, blocking, creep blocking, aggro mechanics, and a whole lot of shit you will never understand.

Even if every DotA 2 hero only had one ability, it would be a much deeper game than LoL.
>>
>>318236934
>not counting items
>not counting the one thing that makes me wrong

Winter Wyvern, arguably the best support right now has four active spells, and is given farm priority over the 5 position so she can get blink dagger, glimmer cape, and most of the time Force Staff if she can afford it all.

This makes her have 7 abilities dude.
>>
>>318234914
>games that you don't know how to play yet don't make any sense at first glance
>this is somehow a criticism
>>
>>318235704
>Hi-Rez
>assholes
Dynamix are fucking assholes because they stopped supporting Tribes 2!!!! >:(
at least Hi-Rez updated Ascend like a month ago, Dynamix haven't done it for years!!!
>>
>>318235704
>SMITE is niche garbage. Also
>>Hi-Rez
>you're an idiot if you support these assholes
>Butthurt tribesfag detected
Hey you're welcome for your shit game being revived :^)
>>
>>318228913
>3 posts in
>thread already derailed into "which MOBA is more shit" instead of "why all ASSFAGGOTS are shit"

neo-/v/ is real. We're looking at it right here.
>>
>>318238123
>LoL has a shit ton of active items now, too.
Still a lot less than dota.

There are fewer active items total, the average LoL champion gets way fewer of them, they have longer cooldowns, and are a less integral part of their playstyle.
>>
>>318230581
dota is also shit i
>>
>>318238409
>>318238308
Spotted the Hi-Rez shills on damage control duty.
>>
File: 1283135057345.jpg (32 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
1283135057345.jpg
32 KB, 300x360
>>318238434
>neo-/v/ is real. We're looking at it right here.
>meanwhile there have been assfaggot vs assfaggot threads since before dota 2 was even a thing and LoL was still in beta
Are you looking at yourself?
>>
File: 1446760833269.jpg (2 MB, 3114x1462) Image search: [Google]
1446760833269.jpg
2 MB, 3114x1462
>>318228913
the genre mostly consist of gutted warcraft clones
>>
>talk to moba player
>its painfully obvious they are a shitty annoying person
>assume all moba players are the same

this thinking serves me well
>>
>>318238434
You're right, why the fuck aren't we talking about e-celebs and SJWs?!

This isn't why I left Reddit!
>>
>>318236934
>8 active skills
This doesn't add depth. For one, Jayce doesn't have 8 individual skills, he has 6 abilities and a toggle. 3 of those abilities can be mashed in quick succession (like 90% of the champ pool works) for burst damage, and the other 3 are used to poke from a long distance.

It would make sense if you were talking about mechanically "deep" champs like Azir, Vayne, or Lee Sin, but the vast, VAST majority of the League champ pool is a one-trick pony. It doesn't help that Riot insists on forcibly butchering to meta in a shallow attempt to keep refreshing their eSports scene when all anyone does is pick the most broken shit at the time. Every single champ can be summed up as 'tanky bruiser,' 'burst caster,' or 'scaling DoT.'

I've played League since S2 and the game's always been a complete and utter fucking joke. I find it hilarious that in Riot's constant attempts to make the game more diversified, they've made it so that only 1/4 of the champ pool is 'viable' at any given time because they do everything the other 3/4 does, but with better numbers and scaling. See: Vayne, Fiora, Darius, Graves, Thresh, Ahri, etc.
>>
The weakest link has the biggest impact and the ability to ruin everyone's experience. Its also borderline impossible to solo carry retards properly, which is something that is possible in other team games such as FPS. And before some people mention that there are guys with 8k MMR: yes, but even these ridiculously skilled people only have like 55% winrate after multiple thousands of matches even though being vastly superior players. Should tell you something.
>>
>>318231614
The fuck are you going on about?
>>
>>318238605
Where does CSGO go into this
>>
>>318228913
They're F2P.
>>
>>318239124
it doesn't it was a meme made by butthurt quakefags who are still bitching about their dead game
>>
>>318237827
"Its fun" is not an agruement, its a baseless opinion.
>>
>>318239124
it would fall under the whole strategic shooter genre with swat and rainbow six
>>
>>318239198
no it was made by butthurt starcraft fans
>>
File: lolmicro.jpg (183 KB, 738x819) Image search: [Google]
lolmicro.jpg
183 KB, 738x819
>>318238123
>probably their own little minigame.

This.
>>
Like with the mechanics, they concentrate everything.

Hundreds of small Units down to 1 big, important unit.
Hundreds of small Mistakes down to 1 big, important mistake.

In old RTS games if you were playing with a shitty team mate and they made a mistake, you'd still lose because of it like you do in a shitty team member in a MOBA, it would generally just be a much slower and more painful experience.

It's just an abstraction of RTS for people who can't be fucked learning to Micro, stop being a fag whining about it. I haven't even played one since 2004 but i'm pretty sure the basics are still the same.
>>
File: puzzled.jpg (984 KB, 1381x2263) Image search: [Google]
puzzled.jpg
984 KB, 1381x2263
>>318239612
>micro managing a single unit is hard
>>
>>318233492
Are you just shitposting or what, i can't remember the last time that's happened to me, it's always other 5's or 2/3 (rare as fuck). Or if you're a 4/1 you go against 2/2/1 or 2/3. Can't really see it being too different on other servers.
>>
>>318239705
you literally micro manage every unit in an rts
>>
>>318239716

When you're trying to position in a fight where everyone is zip zooping around at light speed on an immobile champion, yeah.

The one thing DotA player can never argue about is that LoL is way faster and has more skill shots. Reaction speed and ability to adapt are big deals.
>>
>>318239973
no its really not that hard at all
>>
>>318240058

So when do you debut in the LCS, friend?
>>
>>318239123
see
>>318232742
>>
>>318231956
Its because you don't play them.

I can understand what happens in a match of Dota by visual and audio cues. I have no idea what happens in LoL though its just a bunch of lights that have no impact.
>>
>>318240106
its an easy and boring game why would I want to play any more?
>>
>>318236934
On average KeK champs have slightly more active abilties, but they're usually don't do much to differentiate playstyles. Heroes like Elder Titan and Clockwerk fill similar roles but play entirely differently.
>>
>>318232759
Just play solo queue then. It is called solo for a reason.
>>
>>318239964

That's what i'm saying, MOBAs are for people who can't be fucked learning build orders and keyboard commands for that shit, or 'APM intense' shit like moving weak units to the back lines ect.

I don't think it's hard myself, but i can understand why people don't enjoy getting crushed by some ricer or turbonerd who can get two bases up and running with a basic military rush in the first 10 minutes while they're still click placing their first barracks.

MOBAs are for those people. And that's fine. No need to get salty about their existence like OP and other autists.
>>
>>318240181

The oldest fucking bait.
>>
>>318232742
difference is that most mobas use the same formula that was taken from a warcraft mod thats why they end up being criticized
>>
>>318238123
>shit ton of active items
You forgot to mention the fact that most items in LoL have a cooldown of over a minute.
QSS is a non-targeted item and Bork is barely built in this patch. Summoner spells are up every 4 minutes at the quickest and are single-use abilities that cost nothing and require no management beyond finding the right situation to use them.

You keep trying to use the number of options to play up League as a complex game, when in reality there's very little to manage considering that most champs can spam their abilities as they come off cooldown, and they have no synergy beyond just dealing damage in a general direction. There's almost no strategy in the game on top of that. You can cheese your way to high diamond with meme champs like Tryndamere and Brand, and numerous people have made it into challenger playing only one champ like Shen or Annie. The reason "just carry yourself out" is such a popular response to people wanting to climb is because it's entirely possible. One person can carry 4 retards kicking and screaming to victory, all you have to do is cheese hard enough.
>>
>>318239612
I'll bite, what's he do and how is he harder to play than Meepo or Invoker or whatever?
>>
>>318230847
My problem with LoL was that it was more fun to play at low elo than high elo. High elo was so reserved that you couldn't do anything outside the meta to react to situations. Low Elo you could do stupid shit like build physical DPS into magic nukes, go support dps or take items that react to a specific opponent who's wrecking your team but aren't part of your regular build.
>>
>>318230581
>Lol is dota isn't

>dotards think that their shit is better than the league losers

kek
>>
reminder that the reason /v/ hates mobas and prefers fighting games is because most people here are simply too autistic to communicate with their teammates and random strangers on the internet
>>
>>318240541
Whenever he auto-attacks with a certain skill activated, the projectile bounces back. A circle lights up on the ground, and if you stand on it, you get a 'stack.' Whenever you kill an enemy, you cash in the 'stacks' for more gold on kill.

It's downright pointless on top of that. Riot keeps patching him to incentivize catching your axes because there's very little value in putting yourself in danger to catch them, since the enemy can also see where they're going to land and try to trap you. Draven does shittons of damage even at level 1, so if you know what you're doing you're already going to snowball far beyond what the enemy team can manage.
>>
File: Invoker skills.png (151 KB, 634x585) Image search: [Google]
Invoker skills.png
151 KB, 634x585
>>318236934
This guy has 10 spells that are all active, that needs to be activated by having the right amount of quas wex and exort (which have their own properties aswell) being used to invoke them and then use them, but can only have two out at a time.
>>
>>318238123
>>318236934

I'll add to the shitposting since i moved from League to Dota when the latter left beta (played League since beta), i've noticed that conservation of your shit is 100x more important in Dota than League. You say that it's faster and more skillshots, to me that just comes off as more spam and less actual tact / skill.

"Oh boy, morgana/lux/every second character threw out their millionth disable and the retard they snagged got dog piled (But still got away because flash + escape on every third character)."

More spam does not equal more skill m8.
>>
>>318239973
>When you're trying to position in a fight where everyone is zip zooping around at light speed on an immobile champion, yeah.

Yeah, Dota is so fucking slow am I right?
>>
>>318240781
So, would you say that playing catch thing is just a gimmick? I am having trouble imagining it in actual gameplay. It only gives gold for extra stacks?
>>
File: town portal master.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
town portal master.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>
File: 1447377624073.gif (685 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1447377624073.gif
685 KB, 500x281
>>318240781
>>318240541
You can also manipulate where it's gonna land by right clicking on an area where you prefer to land after you've thrown it and before it bounces back and 9 times out of 10 done correctly will land in and area near that spot.
>>
File: 1384054265513.png (14 KB, 510x596) Image search: [Google]
1384054265513.png
14 KB, 510x596
CONTENTLESS KILLFEST. YEAH IT'S A RETARDED GENRE AND NOTHING BUT CANCER.
>>
>>318240772
>prefers fighting games

Thats just a vocal minority of 5 negros.

/v/ creams itself on casual co-op shit like Killing Floor over L4D2 for example, or single player Souls games because /v/ is casual as fuck.
>>
>>318240602
Half the point of mobas is that the high level meta is dictated by the and not grown organically by three players. That is by design.

Stupid thing to bitch about.
>>
Lol is a cheap chinese knock off of Dota, giving MOBAs a bad name, and the people who hate it are butt blasted because they have 0 friends to play with.
>>
>>318228913
No skill involved. Improving win rate is a simple equation of time investment.

Koreans spend 20 hours a day playing so they win the most.
>>
>>318241169
It's entirely a gimmick. Even top-ELO Draven players won't bother with it if met with even the smallest amount of resistance.

You only get extra gold from it, yeah. Mind you, this is for a game where you lose nothing on death and whoever has the gold lead at the 10 minute mark is 95% more likely to win.
>>
>>318241074

Compared to League the game is a fucking snail. Everyone in DotA moves slower in general, League gives everyone a blink dagger for free, most champions have 2 or more gapclosers/escapes/etc., CC lasts like twice as long in DotA, etc.
>>
>>318241169
>>318241749
The axes control his damage output. The axes are an empowered auto attack you dont have to wait for the cd or spend mana for if you catch the axe.
>>
>>318240781
>>318241749

>I've never played Draven and I'm talking out of my ass

When Draven is spinning axes he does almost double damage with autos. You have to catch the axes to keep them spinning. If you drop your axes, you hit like a wet noodle.
>>
>>318241950
>>318240979
>>
>play SMITE coop until i finally get gud
>gather 2 of my friends into a party
>we join an Arena match
>the other two teammates feed
>nobody focuses on the minions or the portals
>there's always a Bellona on the other team
>we lose
>join another Arena match, same shit happens
>bad teammates, bellona, nobody playing the objective
>just noticed that one of my friends is a lvl 22
>the other is a lvl 11, just like me
>turns out SMITE has a really shit match making system
I really wanted to get into this game.
>>
File: Chen-Dota-2-Wallpaper-14.jpg (221 KB, 561x832) Image search: [Google]
Chen-Dota-2-Wallpaper-14.jpg
221 KB, 561x832
>LoL has so many active items and you gotta aim abilities

Shit LoLfags do you even Chen? Do you even invoker? DO YOU EVEN RUBICK?

Wasting your time LoLfags. League has aimed abilities and a lot of active abilities but lemme break it down for you.

Dota has:

Multi-minion control
Actual jungling/stacking
5x MORE active items than LoL
Much less skillshots but 100% more micromanagement.
Fights can turn around when Necro kills someone and literally gets 100% hp back from a kill

Dota is fucking endless, League is as boring and challenging as bricklaying.
>>
>>318241726
Lmao you cant seriously believe this shit
>>
>>318241979
Of course, but the point still stands that you're not going to bother catching them if the enemy's just going to exploit it, which they'll most certainly do early in the game. Later on it makes more sense to catch them so you can keep throwing 500+ damage axes, but 90% of the time the enemy will be trying to get the fuck away from you so all you have to do is twitch left or right to catch the next axe on the way there.

Draven's a pretty mechanical champ when you get down to the wire, but he snowballs extremely hard regardless of how well or poorly you manage your axes.
>>
File: 1274753269149.jpg (8 KB, 235x251) Image search: [Google]
1274753269149.jpg
8 KB, 235x251
>>318241726
>the more you play a game, the better you get at it
Wow, who fucking knew!!
>>
>>318242135

>it's more skillful because less things are happening

To a shitter like you, maybe. But that huge clusterfuck you see in teamfights, the top pros are paying attention to everything that's happening.

Your ADC getting hit by one of those skillshots often means your team loses.
>>
>>318242305
>it's more skillful because less things are happening
>it's more skillful because less things are happening, but they have 4x as much impact and significance, and you actually have to think how you use them because you don't have the mana/cooldowns to brainlessly spam everything
ftfy
>>
>>318242421

>I'm talking out of my ass again

They have the same impact, one fight can win or lose the game in LoL and getting hit by one of those things or walking too close to a bruiser trying to dodge them can win or lose said fight.
>>
>>318240251
As several people have already said, solo is queue is rigged in every moba to date.

It will queue your team against an organized one. I have never seen a good explanation for this besides muhqueuetimes and a dev agenda to encourage people to organize, even if they don't want to.
>>
>>318242305

Missed the point entirely. Were i a faggot i'd counter with "you're a mouth breather whose attention span is so deadened by candy crush and other casual faggot shit going 5 minutes without a big flashy ability being spammed onscreen makes me sleepy, therefore its more skilled" but i'm not.

So i'll just point out that there is nothing skillful about throwing out a million hooks and catching one fish, compared to throwing out one hook and catching one fish.
>>
>>318228913
I played DOTA 2 once. Emphasis on once.

It was a simple task, just do the tutorial and see what the fuss was about. Oh but I was wrong, so so wrong. It all came tumbling down on me as soon as I spawned in the map. My "hero" character had a 3D portait on the bottom of the screen, bouncing up and down. That's right, bouncing. I was standing still and yet this fucker thinks he's moving along at a heary gallop! So I decide to click on a place for him to move to, and the real horror began. He fucking talked to me. With a blank expression and empty dead eyes, he said something like "ONWARDS TO VICTORY!" while still bouncing up and down. Every time I clicked on something, he'd open his dumb idiot mouth to say something more indicative of brain damage than actual characterization. I couldn't believe my computer screen was displaying this buffoonery. Eventually, I make it to the first tutorial dialogue, where they show me how to click on something and tell my minions to attack it. Here's the rub: the gameplay is literally kill-stealing off of your own minions. The tutorial even says I should swoop in when the enemy's HP is low and deal the finishing blow! What the fuck, man? I'm used to games where I just attack on my own whenever I want, but now I have to WAIT for my dipshit minions to whittle down the health of these mobs before I can even do anything? Already visually ill, I quit the game after that. There's no way this shit could be so popular, right? So I go on twitch to see what the deal is.

Holy FUCKING shit. There is no deal. It's literally the same garbage on the same shape map with the same bouncing dipshit that won't shut the fuck up whever anything happens. Despite all this, the chat is still moving at 238 million Kappas per second. It was then and there where I realized I was no longer a fan of video games.
>>
>>318242543
League is literally the game of running around until one person gets caught out and it turns into a 4v5. Turrets do shit for damage past the 20 minute mark so they can just chase you into your own base and kill you.
>>
>>318241950
>League gives everyone a blink dagger for free

I've seen the webms and gifs in threads like this. Flash is a joke, you can't fool me.
>>
>>318242421
>mindlessly spamming spells
You know league has ults on very long cool downs like dota right?
>>
>>318242159
T... the only constant is you, so you must be the shit one.
>>
>>318242543
>They have the same impact
No they don't. In both games a single spell hit can mean a death, but in LoL is requires a ton more follow up and the CC is weaker and shorter giving the other team more chance to fight back.

There's no way you can play more than a single match of both games, and seriously try to tell me both games have the same level of ability impact. Dota stuns/slows last twice as long and base damages can chunk off half of someone's HP from a single spell.

I'm not even trying to say LoL is shit though, each game just has its own focus. LoL is more about fast responsive mechanics, Dota is more of a thinking game about pre-planned executions of fights.
>>
>>318228913
They're not bad. You're just brain-dead and can' appreciate anything with strategy or a pace that isn't catering to your ADD like f-zero.
>>
>>318228913
They are literally designed to be addictive from the ground. Think about that word, not necessarily good, but addictive. Someone worked out with pure math that there is a pattern of how the game plays for most people to keep them addicted. It was something like for every 5 pub games, you'd be guaranteed to win 2 and lose 3. It is entirely designed to have those numbers repeat in pub games. You feel like shit for 3 games then lady luck will give you a nice big dose of dopamine with the 2 wins. The cycle repeats leading to vidya addicts wasting their lives away on one shit game.
>>
>>318236132
welp, there goes my dick.
>>
>>318241950
>League gives everyone a blink dagger for free,
except it's like 1/4th as much of the distance and people only use it to save their butts instead of to initiate shit
>>
>>318242712
Yes, and regular spells are on roughly half the cooldown and all spells (even ults) use up 1/4th as much of your mana bar as they would in dota
>>
>>318242712
>ults

Not really relevant to this conversation. We're talking about a lack of drawback (cooldown, cost) to basic abilities (stuns, slows, escapes) which in turn makes the game more spammy and less challenging due to removing an element of resource management (or atleast dumbing it down).
>>
>>318231956
Mobas are boring as fuck to watch compared to fighting games and arena shooters, hell any other type of game.
It's a handful of people waddling back and forth for 40 minutes with nothing interesting happening most of the time.
It's a bad spectator game imo.
>>
>>318228913
Because I can't just sit down, play for twenty minutes, then do something else/play another round.

MOBAs in general are half hour to hour long affairs, and that is fucking ridiculous.
>>
File: lol lore.png (393 KB, 900x936) Image search: [Google]
lol lore.png
393 KB, 900x936
Why did they remove the LeL lore? The one thing it had over other assfags was that there was an actual reason for the characters to fight over and over
>>
>spend 30 minutes each round going in circles clicking on minions
>read that one viable build guide because diversity right
>do everything right
>still lose after an hour because some retard on your team died to their carry at the 5 minute mark

Thats why I only play HotS now because even if you get retards you only waste 15 minutes instead of an hour.
>>
>>318243086
They have started rewriting the lore
>>
>>318240106
when I can clone myself 4 times over
>>
>>318243086
explain to a dotard the former lore of league
>>
>>318228913
I guess Warcraft 3 is a boring game
>>
>>318243162
Bullshit
All of the new lore entries are 3 lines long and there's no current explanation as to why everyone's fighting or what summoner's rift even is

They removed all the lore two years ago but haven't started rewriting it yet
>>
The most fun I've had in MOBAs was Smite's Arena mode. Cut the bullshit; no more fucking around for twenty minutes waiting for twenty seconds of actual fun. Balls deep or go home.

Joust was also pretty fun, but its basically just a streamlined form of the normal gameplay
>>
Just curious, what rank are you guys in League, or was the game so "boring" that you dropped it before reaching Level 30?
>>
File: z9CPCiI.png (646 KB, 851x480) Image search: [Google]
z9CPCiI.png
646 KB, 851x480
Wouldn't a OPM dota game be cool?
>>
>>318243416
>3 lines
Its very recent but some lore has changed a lot.
http://gameinfo.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/game-info/champions/graves/
>>
>>318234281
>have to restart modem at start of match
>by the time i buy up and run out i won't be at rune in time to contest
>retarded TB on our team at bot rune gets ganked
>"wow maybe if we had a ward here that wouldn't have happened"
>tell him i wasn't even anywhere near him
>2 minutes later i go off to contest rune
>retarded TB dies somehow in the time of me running bot rune and back
>"wow this support, useless cunt just leaves me to die go on and type another excuse I'm 4k I know how to play the game, I am right"
>tell him he's a shitcunt TB and to fuck off to the jungle
>he mutes me then goes to the jungle
>I actually do 100x better solo safelane support than what retarded TB was doing and end up doing better than him

Just support things.
>>
>>318243565
Everyone in this thread is diamond dude.
>>
>>318243275
a bunch of people who possess 'champions' to fight to settle political disputes between the two major factions noxus and demacia
>>
>>318243809
did he just jungle all game and do nothing? I think I've played with that guy before in a pub, he started crying right after I told him to stop feeding.
>>
>>318244039
For the majority of game yes, he was in the jungle getting ganked and shit crying about wards when they were clearly up and you could see the rotations.

He was a faggot New Zealander.
>>
>>318243275
Extraordinary people, planeswalkers, etc.
>>
>>318244160
wish I could actually see my older than 20 games replay, I'm almost certain I've played with this guy.
>>
>>318243275
Summoners and magicians fuck up the earth with magic wars and shit
Eventually years later Summoners(the players) decide to make the League of Legends(which is actually fucking removed from the lore now) and their job was basically to prepare arenas that were used to settle political disputes. The arenas also double as a gladiator colosseum type thing for the people in-universe.
>>
>>318243752
>friends: Twisted Fate

Triggered
>>
>>318244241
Was his name Masster with altcode s's?
>>
The only problem MOBAs have is probably the fact of how easy it is to get screwed over cause of a dc/your server connection goes to shit.

Otherwise git gud, even in a dc situation its possible to win 4v5 and such. Most people who complain about bad teammates aren't too good themselves, if your "team" is holding you back so much then get better so that they don't become a problem anymore. As long as you don't play like an idiot or rage like a sperglord, you'll win like 60% of your games assuming you're at your appropriate skill level.
>>
>>318244015
>>318244196
>>318244302

wait, so how many times is the battle fought, canonically?
>>
>>318244505
canonically there is no canon because they deleted the lore

previously, infinitely/as much as possible
>>
>>318244650
that's actually terrible

why would riot do that
>>
>>318244505
Battles are fought on certain things instead of a full out war. The ionian boots of lucidity actually refers to an ionian victory over noxus in the lore before they changed the lore. I think that it still refers to the old lore in game still.
>>
>>318244459
This tbqh if you're good enough you will find a way to get fed and carry a shitty team.
>>
>>318244762
They have started rewriting the lore that focuses champions personal stories and connections with other characters like the graves and twisted fate.
>>
>>318228913
The characters' running speed is slower than Brawl.
>>
>>318241257
what mmr is this? 200?
>>
File: Dota 1.jpg (899 KB, 1596x3428) Image search: [Google]
Dota 1.jpg
899 KB, 1596x3428
MEANWHILE FUCKING DOTA 1 LORE

Dota 2 lore is still okay, has a lot of implications but not really written on
>>
>mobas
>the worst
I am not fond of baby's first RTS genre either but they're far from the worst.

Edutainment and puzzle games like bejeweled are up there, and if you take the horror out of resident evil its really shit in my opinion.

I don't mind thinking when I play vidya, I just don't want to know I'm thinking.
>>
assfaggots are like MMO combat where you have to rely on retards to help you win
I'll check that as a no thank you.
>>
Literally only one map in the whole genre
>>
>>318245389
HotS fixes that, technically league does it too with that tower power one.
>>
This is the most relevant / accurate thing I've seen when it comes to MOBA players.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
>>
The fanbase.
>>
>>318245224
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>318245198
Slardar banged Medusa to create Naga? Neat.

But Dota 2 has changed around the lore a lot.
>>
>>318245607
I don't think they can really justify timber saw

what does a hypermanlet in a suit made out of chainsaws have to do with anything
>>
>>318228913
Characters usually have 4 or less skills and most of the aren't even interesting. A fucking stun projectile, woooow
And, perhaps, at least one quarter of the roster is boring shit.
>>
>>318245224
>Edutainment and puzzle games like bejeweled are up there

>be grown adult
>play kickstarter game
>upset shit is too easy

>hating bejeweled
surprised I didn't already have you filtered.
>>
>>318245761
he was goblin shredder

he works for the Sentinels to kill Scourge scum for $$$
>>
>>318244015
Ignoring the ret con, is there anything stopping a summoner from possessing Jinx (or whatever waifu you chose) and just start masturbating to yourself in front of a mirror? Would that be rape?
>>
>>318240716

What point are you trying to make retard?
>>
File: Lewd.jpg (350 KB, 1000x1316) Image search: [Google]
Lewd.jpg
350 KB, 1000x1316
>>318246067
Forgot pic
>>
File: lina.png (136 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
lina.png
136 KB, 300x400
>>318245607
Yeah, Lina isn't flat enough.
>>
>>318240818
It should be noted that WC3 invoker had 30 spells, 34 if you include Quas, Wex, Exort, and Invoke. Spells were invoked based on the order you did your orbs.
>>
>>318246067
>masturbating
>not becoming a whore
But first masturbate of course
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjzgbZL12VI
Come on, nobody has posted this yet?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKSDLV_ZC1M
This video is very good at explaining these things. While the satire is very obvious most people still getting baited. It's like a work of art
>>
File: downey-image.jpg (132 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
downey-image.jpg
132 KB, 1920x1080
>>318243029
>Mobas are boring as fuck to watch compared to fighting games and arena shooters, hell any other type of game.
Fighting fags and Quakefags are on suicide watch.
>>
Walking and grinding comprises 95% of any given player's activity during a match. Matches are generally 30+ minutes long. The RTS control scheme is janky and retarded. There is only 5v5, which means there's a greater than even chance that one team is going to have an AFK shitter who makes it impossible to win.
>>
>>318236934
2 summoner skills where 1 is always flash (or teleport if you're top) and the other is heal (adc), ignite top/mid, cripple (support), smite (jungle). If you don't use this then you're not following the meta and thus you can be banned.
>>
>>318236934
Heroes alone don't justify depth, Dota has a lot more depth gameplay wise.

Some problem with LoL are:
>no denying, turn rates, jungle stacking
>static as fuck laning and roles for each champion
>a large percentage of champions aren't favoured at all in competitive
>having things outside of the game that affect game balance (runes + mastering, need to purchase champs) whereas Dota is all cosmetic
>>
>>318236934
LeL is a game designed by a retard who thinks Bloodseekers ultimate (move and you take damage) is TOO difficult. Also items feels like shit in the game, they're all stat sticks except a select few items that barely change or add to the gameplay.
>>
>>318247508
>a large percentage of champions aren't favoured at all in competitive

Mostly because the champions are so alike that the one with the higher numbers always wins.
>>
>>318247508
I remember in during the 2013 international I was complaining about the ten or so heros that so so UP they were never touched, and my friend who plays league was somehow baffled by the idea that only 10 heros were left out from competitive play.
>>
last hitting is a frustrating mechanic that wouldn't be acceptable if it wasn't grandfather'd in from the original dota mod
level and gold systems provide statistical advantages that makes the game inherently snowbally
prevalence of e-sports gives players a strong knowledge of the optimal meta but an incredibly poor understanding of it, "lol you need adc and support bot" shouldn't be something coming out of anyone's mouth before gold league at least.
a MASSIVE number of choices at start of game and during pre-game (picks/bans based on team and opponent comp, talents and runes in league, starting items and lane positions) with the number of options going down as the match moves on (generally just tracking what the next objective is) so players are overwhelmed at the start and spend the rest of the game going through the motions (half the time this is just half-assedly trying to overcome a power deficit that develops)
at least with league, the devs seem to argue that the game is supposed to be purely action or purely strategy and add mechanics that only make sense in one of those genres and works against all the mechanics meant for the other.
playing the game at a basic level requires 10x more practice than the most advanced fighting games since a player must be at least casually knowledgeable about all the items and item build paths, every part of the map, and over 100 playable characters, every single one of their skills and base stats, and how they all interact with every other champion
>>
>>318251015
>lolbabs are this autistiic
>>
>>318249405
>and my friend who plays league was somehow baffled by the idea that only 10 heros were left out from competitive play.
That's what's so crazy about LoL players, they generally have no point of reference so they don't realize how awful some of the aspects of the game are. It's all they know, so to them that's just normal and "how it is"
>>
>>318238605
Where does monster hunter fit in?
>>
>>318241749
>whoever has the gold lead at the 10 minute mark is more likely to win

Completely incorrect. A game can turn around at the drop of a hat. All it takes is one good teamfight to turn it around. You're behind, but enemy team is doing dragon? Steal dragon, contest it and force a teamfight so they take dragon damage + your teams damage, apply your CC, instantly turn the game around.

In reverse as well, you can be assfucking the game, try to take baron and get 1v5'd by their jungler when you all get low fighting it, or a teamfight gets forced and you all get killed and they take baron out from under your nose and push your towers so hard you have literally no way of coming back because at that point passive play gets nothing because you've already gotten the items that will make the difference.
>>
>>318251169
but is he right, though?
>>
File: 1433563196519.jpg (23 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1433563196519.jpg
23 KB, 360x360
>>318251648
yesss
>>
File: FO0x5nl.jpg (79 KB, 625x776) Image search: [Google]
FO0x5nl.jpg
79 KB, 625x776
The stupid amounts of clicking is the first thing that comes to mind.

I kinda like Smite but, I haven't gone beyond playing arena with a friend. Last time I checked I was around level 6 or 7.

I LOVE Super Monday Night Combat and I still play it when it's not completely dead I can. Too bad Uber killed it just like the game before it and the game they abandoned SMNC for.
>>
>>318252590
https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1mup1j/why_are_90_of_professional_games_decided_by_12/

simply put

you lose 1v1 in a lane like top or mid

enemy now has more gold, they just recall back to base, and by item scaling they're objectively stronger

you both come back to lane

he's objectively stronger

you can no longer contest the lane

in dota this doesn't happen (as often) because heroes don't LITERALLY scale with items

add into GOLD EFFICIENCY and more gold = more power

this shit is old but it still applies
>>
File: stop liking.jpg (226 KB, 357x400) Image search: [Google]
stop liking.jpg
226 KB, 357x400
>this thread
>>
File: 1431386423572.jpg (80 KB, 633x604) Image search: [Google]
1431386423572.jpg
80 KB, 633x604
>>318254159
>>
Assfaggots are successful because.

-Skills are PRESS X TO AWESOME buttons
-Because its a teamgame you can always blame the others for your failure
-Heroes are husbando/waifufag bait and 2cool4school characters for edgy teenagers
-The gameplay itself is just you using a single character and walking to the center of the map over and over again so everyone can play it

Assfaggots are the most pandering casualshit of all.
>>
File: 1443979711944.png (393 KB, 395x599) Image search: [Google]
1443979711944.png
393 KB, 395x599
>>318228913
I'd say the worst thing about the genre is not the game itself, but the community
Literal children

It's unbearable. And since the game heavily relies on communication, it becomes horrible.

Don't know about DoTA, but it's probably just as bad, but instead of children it's furries or something
>>
>>318253225
>you can no longer contest the lane

Incorrect. Play safe, hug tower, level up. Outplay your opponent, kill him or get a gank, or roam and gank somebody.

You are objectively wrong. If every time you lost 1v1 to somebody early on, you lost the game or couldn't fight that opponent any more, I would lose a lot more games.

And that's talking about pro games. I don;t care about LCS BIG PLAYS, I care about my bracket, which is silver. I can carry from a lost lane, even if I go 0/4. Assists, ganks and roaming/farming better than your opponent and outplaying them will lead to a win.

I don't know what more I could possibly say, aside from the fact that while it makes sense that he's objectively stronger, if you are more skilled, you will win, unless you feed 0/5 and are even or slightly better than him.
>>
>>318255267
>I'm silver
>I can carry
>Just kill your opponent even though they have a level and item advantage over you, just outplay them since they must be retarded for getting a kill on you before.
>>
File: 400px-Dota2tusk.jpg (50 KB, 400x459) Image search: [Google]
400px-Dota2tusk.jpg
50 KB, 400x459
Instead of just shitposting, post some actually fun heroes to play as

DUSG DUSG :DDDD
>>
>>318255267
>items become more gold efficient the more you spend
>go back to base after a kill
>have more lane control
>builds up more and more

doesnt help that lol has a disgusting lack of proper value items at a mid gold range but seems to want a dozen of them at the 400 gold range (dorans) so if you fall super far behind theres nothing to keep you in the game

just admit it, the game is bad and you should feel fucking awful for trying to suck dick like this while in silver
i know fucking girls in middleschool that are higher ranked in you
>>
>>318255612
>not refuting anything
>just greentexting

It's like you don't understand what "outplaying" is. It's where you take your item and gold disadvantage, and instead perform favorable trades, set up ganks and maneuver around your opponent in a way to kill him with little risk to yourself, utilizing the kit of your champion to kill them, rather than your items.

Common champions capable of outplays are: Yasuo, Fiora, Darius (in certain circumstances), Jax, Fizz, Twisted Fate, Zed, Talon, Ahri, Leblanc, Tristana, Vayne, Irelia, list goes on.

Here's how I know you play league: you whine about item advantage and act like 1 kill gives your opponent an unstoppable edge.

Fuck off, learn to play, and outplay your opponent instead of crying that you lost first blood and now can't steamroll and have to learn to capitalize in your opponents mistakes.
>>
File: 1334331611167.jpg (123 KB, 302x348) Image search: [Google]
1334331611167.jpg
123 KB, 302x348
>>318255760

>Having to deal with complete tusk shitters in every fuckin game on my team that goes like 0-10, doesn't speak english and just tries to towerdive the mid constantly at level 2.

At this point I just fuckin report them
>>
>>318256005
refer to this clever post>>318256167

Learn to play the game. If i'm silver and I can understand that only a level advantage of 2 levels or higher, or a significant gold advantage can truly make your lane opponent uncontestable. It's like you don't understand what freezing a lane, setting up a gank, or outplaying your opponent is. Simply play fiora, break the vitals when they are favorable, wait for them to towerdive you, parry their CC and ult them while dancing around them to smash them to death.

Those girls in middleschool might be higher ranked than me, but I bet they don't cry half as much as you do you petulant child.
>>
>>318256167
are you retarded
>>
>>318256167
I don't want to argue, I just want to highlight things I found funny so that other people may see them and also be amused.
>>
File: pixelatedbutt.jpg (32 KB, 385x322) Image search: [Google]
pixelatedbutt.jpg
32 KB, 385x322
>>318236934
Troll?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.