[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why is Other M considered the most horrible thing since Crystal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: Samus.png (566 KB, 527x600) Image search: [Google]
Samus.png
566 KB, 527x600
So why is Other M considered the most horrible thing since Crystal Pepsi again?
>>
Because it took all of the promise of metroid prime and fusion and took a huge steaming dump on it rather than adding to the series.
>>
File: eraser.png (106 KB, 255x196) Image search: [Google]
eraser.png
106 KB, 255x196
>>318228538
>It's Ridley, who I've fought countless times and fearlessly defeated!
>pic related
>>
Did Crystal Pepsi come out before or after Star Fox Command?
>>
>>318228538
Crystal Pepsi was fucking delicious.
>>
>>318228784
>countless
It's set after the original Metroid - before Super Metroid - so she's only killed Ridley once.

I think that's a justifiable reaction to seeing your worst nightmare back from the dead.
>>
>>318229180
This shit right here is the aspergic bullshit I can't stand one bit.

Justifiable, perhaps. Suitable? No fucking way.
>>
File: 1422057026671.gif (1 MB, 260x195) Image search: [Google]
1422057026671.gif
1 MB, 260x195
>>318228784
It's delightful when you can use comments such as this to pick out Yahtzee-fanboys masquerading as actual fans.
>>
>>318229180
>before Super Metroid

BUT THE BABY
>>
>>318229180
Not just once. Multiple times so he should have been business as usual. Hell, they even address the PTSD issue in the manga and she gets over it!
>>
>>318229180

It's set after Super Metroid and Metroid 2, this also requires saying no to the prime trilogy which metroid fans are understandably unwilling to relinquish on, especially considering the results.
>>
>>318229180
Other M is between Super and Fusion.

That's 4 Ridley kills from Metroid/Zero Mission, Metroid Prime, Corruption, and Super Metroid
>>
File: greatest-freakout-ever-o-s.gif (45 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
greatest-freakout-ever-o-s.gif
45 KB, 320x240
>NOT MUH SAMUS
>NOT MUH JOKER
>NOT MUH ASUKA
Every board has one.
>>
>>318229606

scratch metroid 2, just remembered that doesn't feature him.
>>
>>318229645
So you mean two Ridley kills.
>>
>>318229773
However the Metroid queen shows up and she's just like w/e.
>>
Because Yahtzee said to hate it and since 90% of /v/ wasn't born yet, they just follow his lead.
>>
File: other m.png (110 KB, 664x356) Image search: [Google]
other m.png
110 KB, 664x356
It's actually a perfectly decent game that got solid reviews upon release, but at some point people started to complain about the story and ignore everything the game did right. It's admittedly unpolished, but it's an interesting translation of the classic 2D Metroid gameplay to third person 3D.
>>
bad derivative gameplay
no exploration
clunky controls
retarded story not even counting samus' horrible character assassination, the rest of the game doesn't make any sense at all and retcons every single game in the series
samus is turned from a cool-headed silent mc into a clumsy subservient moron that needs a man to guide her
game's "climax" is ruined by fucking PTSD for no reason

"hey samus now that you're almost dead I'm gonna authorize the varia suit"

fucking dumb

ANY OBJECTIONS LADY?

THUMBS DOWN

this game is so fucking garbage, I'm getting mad just talking about it
>>
>>318229826
>>318229923
You faggots are as bad as the people saying FO3 was good.

> game introduces a heavy amount of story as a key feature.
> the story is shit and the writing terrible.
> game fails to deliver it's key feature.
> somehow the game is good regardless.
>>
>>318229923
>tilt wiimote up to enter FPS Mode to fire rockets

Not really intuitive IMO.

Game should've featured more traditional controls instead of shoehorning the pointer if it was gonna be a 3rd person action-adventure like it was.
>>
I really don't understand how this game was even made.

Nothing about it is good in any way. How did it not get canned?
>>
File: crystal pepsi.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
crystal pepsi.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>318228538
Character assassination is one, and the game/story not being much good either is another. Story itself was really a retread of Metroid Fusion which is still the better game

As someone who pre-ordered it I felt quite let down, I know what the gameplay tried going for but still

Also have a WebM of that Crystal Pepsi video
>>
>>318229668
I really don"t like this mentality.

It's character assassination. It's not "muh Samus" or "muh Asuka". It's the personality presented in previous entries in the series. It's THEIR Samus, not mine. If you want a ditzy emotional character in your Metroid franchise, make a new character. Don't overwrite the one that already exists and people like.

What do you think is going to happen when you take a popular character and change their entire personality/mannerisms?
>>
File: WhyOtherMSucks.png (902 KB, 912x1434) Image search: [Google]
WhyOtherMSucks.png
902 KB, 912x1434
>>318229180
>before Super Metroid

then why does the opening scene show the final boss of Super?

Other M would be the 6th time Samus fought Ridley.
1 time in Metroid
1 time in Prime
twice in Prime 3
1 time in Super
and then that horrible scene in Other M
>>
>>318228538
Samus's characterization is a big contention point. Personally, I didn't like the fact that Samus was thrust from "sole bounty hunter on a mission" to "lackey for a guy that will only let you use certain things when the need arises". It's like the worst possible way to have Samus's arsenal be limited, too.

That and the gameplay was just boring. Interesting, but boring. They had something they could have improved on greatly if they focused entirely on it.

>>318229923
That's the thing, it was unpolished and only decent. Mainline entries to the Metroid series have always been met with critical acclaim. The Prime trilogy, Fusion and Zero Mission are all very great games, and the first Prime and Super Metroid are considered two of the best games of all time. These are games people will say have very good gameplay elements to them, and have polish. People could enter the Metroid series at any point and still be given a fantastic game.

So when Other M is given lukewarm gameplay compared to their predecessors, people will go "Okay, gameplay leaves much to be desired. Maybe they wanted to focus on the story. I mean, Samus is given a backstory, she can speak, she's talking to other people...they want to go a different direction in story, so let's see what they got." And then they get Other M's story and characterization, and are rightfully upset about it.

It doesn't matter how "decent" the game is. Back then, people went to a Metroid game expecting much more than "decent". Hell, back then people went to any Nintendo game expecting much more than "decent".

We can't even consider it a full misstep because Nintendo refuses to make a real Metroid game again. For all intents and purposes, they are letting the Metroid series end on Other M, and that's horrible.
>>
>>318229923
>It's actually a perfectly decent game that got solid reviews upon release

people said the same shit for DmC

doesn't make it right
>>
>>318231920
Fair enough, though I wouldn't mind seeing some of Other M's concepts revisited with more polish. It certainly is more flawed than classics like Super Metroid and Fusion, but I'd take Other M over Metroid 2 or the NES original any day of the week.
>>
But Other M was at least trying to be a metroid game. Shame Primes killed the series
>>
>>318232417
primefags have it so good
I don't think we'll EVER get another true 2D metroid
>>
>>318232520
Axiom Verge is alright.
>>
>>318232417
Don't even.
>>
File: 1443982044252.gif (350 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1443982044252.gif
350 KB, 500x282
>>318228538

The gameplay itself wasnt... bad. It was about average for a non FPS Metroid entry. The level design was decent. Graphics were decent. The bosses were fun.

Its the story. The story turned what couldve been a midrange entry for the series and a stepping stone to perhaps the next Super Metroid level entry into a fucking carwreck.

Samus Aran was turned into a simpering, weak, cowardly bitch with serious daddy/hero worship issues.

Samus Aran was a damn near silent protagonist before this. She was a one woman catastrophe that factions capable of being galactic powers legitimately feared.

Other M turned her into a 14 year old girl that had a crush on her boss and needed to be rescued every 15 minutes.
>>
>>318231807
although other m was a terrible game, the image's complaint about the environments is disproved by its own examples.

Phendrana Drifts was horribly overrated

And I really don't know how people didn't immediately realize when the game wanted you to use the power bombs, it's almost valve playtester-tier
>>
>>318232725
I'm not really a fan of the art but I'll give it a try when the price drops
>>
>>318232816
>prime shitty spin off on the last console that could feature an actual metroid game

Just because you discovered the series when you were a toddler in 2004 doesn't mean it wasn't fucking better before, anon
>>
>>318232909
It's on sale now actually.

And if you didn't use that PSN code for 10% discount you can get it for even less.
>>
>>318232238
>but I'd take Other M over Metroid 2 or the NES original any day of the week

That is not really saying much
>>
>>318232864
the gameplay was bad. the whole missile shot scheme was bad altogether. things missed when they were locked onto(grapple beam hooks for example). The whole game was more linear than fusion, and the unlocking suit upgrades was terrible as well. The story was just another layer of a terrible cake. lets not forget making people us the d-pad in a 3d game that would have benefited from the analogue stick and a few extra buttons.
>>
File: Smug Navarre.png (307 KB, 366x309) Image search: [Google]
Smug Navarre.png
307 KB, 366x309
>>318229795
Man, you really got me there!
>>
>>318232909
>I'll support the developer by giving him one dollar!

Just fucking pirate it
>>
>>318232238
Honestly, an Other M-style game with their concepts improved considerably, with more of a focus of Prime's world exploration and less on verbal storytelling would probably be pretty alright. Hell, the Wii U could probably do the concept a lot better than the Wii could. I can see Metroid using the gamepad really well.

>>318232520
There are as many good 3D Metroid games as there are good 2D Metroid games now. Stop acting like you're a repressed minority. The series has one of the best 2D games of all time and one of the best 3D games of all time.

All in all, before Other M, being a Metroid fan was like getting two types of candy that were delicious alone or together. You didn't need to bicker about which candy tasted better, because there's no need to be so aggressive when eating this candy, maaan. We can live together in harmony.
>>
>>318232417
There's nothing Metroid about Other M other than that it features a character named Samus
>>
>>318233282
>the gameplay was bad

Better than a first person shooter where you can't look up or down like a fucking 1992 game
>>
File: 1442267937704.png (332 KB, 472x475) Image search: [Google]
1442267937704.png
332 KB, 472x475
>>318233282
>he cant admit when an otherwise bad game gets a few things right
>>
File: 1447220883118.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1447220883118.webm
2 MB, 640x360
It causes the same reaction
>>
>>318233419
>one of the best 3D games of all time

Are you baiting or just this deluded
>>
>>318229180
>Set before Super Metroid
>Intro cutscene is literally the final boss battle of Super Metroid

This is why Other M defense force exists, because there are retarded underaged faggots that never played Super Metroid and have no idea what a good Metroid game is like.

It explains the people that somehow think that Other M was okay, let alone 'good': they've literally never played a good Metroid game before. They have no fucking clue what they're talking about.

Even if you pretend Prime doesn't exist (because you're some kind of giga-weeb autist that hates great games), she's still killed Ridley twice before Other M. You can't even use the "back from the dead" excuse as to why she literally goes into crying babby mode, because that's already happened even in Sakamoto's faggot version of the timeline.

But that's irrelevant, because Other M is a steaming pile of shit even without going into how it ruins Samus as a character. Authorization was retarded. Authorizing defensive powerups like the Varia suit was ultra-retarded. The deleter plot is dropped when Sakamoto gets bored of it and never means anything. Adam shoots Samus in the back and the BEST case scenario is that he's a colossal retard because she's never disobeyed any of his orders up to that point in the story. These things just go on and on and on if you pay ANY attention to the """"plot"""".

But let's put aside the plot. Other M is a goddamned terrible Metroid game even if there's no story whatsoever. There is one and exactly one way to get each item in the game. There are fucking invisible walls that prevent you from space jumping to places so that you're forced to solve them the 'right' way. In Super Metroid, there is one door in Norfair that has no fewer than SIX methods of access depending on your equipment and individual skill level at the game, and that sort of thing is common as dirt in that game.

Other M is dogshit and what it does to Samus as a character is the LEAST of its problems.
>>
>>318233419
>we can live together
No we can't
Your shitty game killed our series
>>
>>318233619
Metroid Prime was pretty damn good, anon.
>>
>>318232417
>But Other M was at least trying to be a metroid game.

and failed horribly
>>
>>318233756
Almost every game is in 3D since late 90s
You have to be really autistic to believe it's even in the top 50 3D games of all time
>>
The 30 second pre-rendered cutscene of the Super Metroid Mother Brain fight was the best part, and even that was ruined by her droning on about THE BABY
>>
>>318232875
>And I really don't know how people didn't immediately realize when the game wanted you to use the power bombs

because every other power-up had to go through the authorization bullshit.

and there was no on screen indicator that Power Bombs were unlocked
>>
File: daki.jpg (154 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
daki.jpg
154 KB, 500x667
>>318233980
Not him but I'd put Prime 1 in the top 25 games of all time.
>>
File: 1438834129882.jpg (118 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1438834129882.jpg
118 KB, 1600x900
>Other M was almost Sonic '06 awful
>destroyed what little of Samus' character that existed before
>implicated Prime wasn't canon
>destroyed the series so bad Nintendo didn't even attempt to make another Metroid game for years
>"it wasn't that bad, guys, really"
fuck you
>>
Serious question, why does everyone keep asking this question when they can just look up what went wrong with Other M online?
>>
>>318228538

Because it shows one of the core creators of metriod is actually the worst possible thing for the series.

Metroid fans are also weak and easily offended as they've never encountered irremediable games in their franchise.
>>
>>318233736
Yes we can.

And we're going to, because if 3D Mario and 2D Mario fans can get along, then so can we. You eat your candy. I'm eating both and enjoying myself, and you can't stop me from enjoying myself!

>>318233980
I'd like to see your list of 50 greatest 3D games of all time, because I feel like it would be fascinating.
>>
>>318234383
Because googling it doesn't start big spergthreads on /v/ for them to masturbate over.
>>
>>318234173
Yeah, along with Skyrim

Thanks for the post, IGN
>>
>>318229923
>ignore everything the game did right

Aside from the pre-rendered movie scenes the graphics are godawful even by Wii standards, and the game looks far worse than Metroid Prime, a game 10 years older.

There is almost no fucking music in the entire game aside from Ridley's theme. Even Metroid 2's dissonant beeping was a better soundtrack.

The gameplay is complete and utter dogshit, the controls are awful, the platforming is mediocre, the combat is godawful, the pixel hunt segments are the worst designed shit I've ever seen in a Nintendo game, and the bosses are all nearly unplayable aside from a few due to the way the missile mechanic works.

And the story is possibly the worst one I have ever seen in a video game.

In all 4 main categories that make up a game, all 4 of them are shit.

It's actually easier to say what is GOOD about the game than list what is bad because so little of it is decent. The Ridley boss is fun, Anthony is a cool black guy, the FMVs look great, and the character animation is good. That's all 4 good things in the entire game.
>>
>>318234475
>last Mario game was a 2D Mario

3D Mario didn't kill 2D, autist
>>
>>318233419
>There are as many good 3D Metroid games as there are good 2D Metroid games now

Prime 1 and Prime 3. So two games.

Metroid 1, Metroid 2, Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, and Metroid Zero Mission. Five games.
>>
>>318234401
>Metroid fans are also weak and easily offended as they've never encountered irremediable games in their franchise.
I, too, only play one video game series for my whole life.
>>
>>318234176
>almost Sonic '06 awful

See, you might have a point but Other M, for it's myriad flaws, will NEVER be on the level of Sonic '06 bad. VERY, VERY few games are. Sonic '06 isn't just bad because of aeshetics or story or attempts at serious plot with cartoon mascot critters. It's because the game is BARELY FUNCTIONAL at times, with numerous things failing to be programmed, bugging constantly, or just flat out omitted due to the rushed nature of the game.
>>
File: tumblr_ncjayzWhgt1rip8ybo1_1280.jpg (415 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ncjayzWhgt1rip8ybo1_1280.jpg
415 KB, 1280x718
Why do Superfags and Primefags even argue?

It's one of the most pointless arguments I've ever seen. Neither camp will ever convince the other, and that's completely okay. They're two of the best games ever made.
>>
>>318234176
Honestly the closest game in the series to Sonic '06 levels of bad is the American Gamecube version of Prime 2 with its loads of gamebreaking glitches and the game being clearly released in an unplaytested and unfinished beta state.
>>
>>318234825

I get your point, but you don't understand how autistic Metroid fans are.

To them metroid is this abstract art. Ever been in a metroid thread where they try to convey some sort of "metroidian essence"?

Other M shocked them to their core, it's weakness.
>>
>>318228538
Crystal Pepsi was awesome fuck you
>>
>>318234915
Super controls didn't age that well, but at least you can look up while walking.
>>
>>318234915
Because they're two different groups of retards.

>Super fags love Super and refuse to even play Prime
>Prime fags love Prime and refuse to even play Super

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, that enjoys video games and has even halfway decent taste could seriously dislike either of them. They're both amazing, and every time I see somebody try to argue that one of them isn't (without saying Metroid as a whole is bad or not their thing), they make it blindingly obvious that they've never actually played whichever one they're shitting on.

Seriously though, never play anything other than first pressing copies of the Prime games. Sequence Breaking is core to the experience.
>>
>>318234915
Because the divide between them is deeper then the grand canyon.

Why not play both? Well that's a mystery as well.
>>
>>318235291
I tried anon, I just really can't play Halo with Doom controls.
>>
File: i see EVERYTHING.jpg (26 KB, 457x480) Image search: [Google]
i see EVERYTHING.jpg
26 KB, 457x480
>>318234915
Some people vehemently hate the other by virtue of it being a different beast, I know that the guy who founded the Metroid Database website gave up on Echoes because of the Spider Guardian and just wanted to go back to 2D only. He came back to do a review on Other M and said he liked it

And of course some argue for the sake of arguing because it's /v/

>WFT on the TV
>>
>>318235490
>Halo with Doom controls

Case in point. Saying Prime is like Halo means you either never fucking played it, or you're one of the most retarded faggots alive.
>>
>>318233638
>There are fucking invisible walls that prevent you from space jumping to places so that you're forced to solve them the 'right' way.

I really hate this design. The fact that it's in a metroid game just screams to me that the devs don't know why people liked their games before
>>
>>318235712
It's not like halo. Halo has better controls
>>
>>318235291
>Super fags love Super and refuse to even play Prime
>Prime fags love Prime and refuse to even play Super

Two groups of people almost entirely fabricated by shitposters.
>>
>>318234915
It's just two or three shitposters baiting everyone else and everyone else biting every time because /v/ is the most easily trolled group of faggots on the entire Internet.
>>
>>318233468
Agreed, good thing Prime is not such a game.
>>
>>318234667
For a time, it did. New Super Mario Bros was given to the public in order to get people who didn't play Mario games now something to play, and it got popular enough to warrant more sequels.

Metroid was already a series that was more niche than Mario is, so it doesn't get a benefit from creating a 2D series to recapture the original fans. The only reason a 2D Metroid game would be made now is pure nostalgia and a team with a desire to make it.

There's really no need to be spiteful about Prime being made and "killing 2D". Every other game series went 3D with varying results, and Metroid got a slam dunk with theirs, most likely because it waited a generation to do so.
>>
>>318235932

I have literally never met a single person who would only play one of them.
>>
>>318234915

The only thing they argue about is Super Fags know Samus has always been anime, while prime fags are the people arguing she's always been a mid 30's woman.
>>
File: image.png (342 KB, 400x585) Image search: [Google]
image.png
342 KB, 400x585
>>318234735
>ranking Corruption above Echoes

fite me irl
>>
>>318236591

The key gathering segment and blatantly unfinished Ing Hive section make the game on par with corruptions shitty last boss and terrible wiimote sections.
>>
>>318234915
They don't exist, it's shitposters trying to fuck everything up
>>
>>318236591
I will. I didn't lose all my save data in Corruption. I didn't lose all my save data twice in Corruption. I didn't lose all my save data three times in Corruption. I didn't lose all my save data four times in Corruption.

I lost all my save data four times in Echoes. It is a piece of shit game, probably the worst console game I own.
>>
>>318236880
>I lost all my save data four times in Echoes
There was a save bug?
>>
>>318229923

Have you seen the reviews for other Metroid games?
>>
>>318237101
There were several gamebreaking bugs in the American Gamecube version of Prime 2. Hell in most of the rooms you can walk out of the level geometry if you want, the game is that unfinished.

The biggest save bug is the Sonic Switch Glitch. When you're first entering the Sanctuary, in that gate room where you use the Echo Visor and hit the three switches, if you hit 1 or 2 of the switches and leave the room, the third switch is permanently glitched and you cannot shoot it. If you save after doing this, you lose all your data. You have to restart the game or perform a VERY hard speedrun glitch to break through the game.

This happened to me twice in the first week the game came out. You know, well before the glitch would be documented enough for people to know to avoid it.

I lost it another time when I accidentally did a sequence break near the beginning by doing a weird diagonal jump. I just wanted a powerup I saw up there, ended up falling into an area and saving. You need the Double Jump to get out of that area. So that was 3 hours lost..

Also, keep in mind the Sonic Switch gate is like 60% of the way through the game. So I lost about 28 hours or so of playtime because Prime 2 is a piece of garbage and Retro are talentless hacks.
>>
>>318237707
Damn.
>>
File: 1360907283893.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1360907283893.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
>NUT MUH SAMUS
>These same 'tards are the ones sperging out in Fatal Frame threads that 'no really the bikinis were totally in tone'
>>
>>318237707
Holy fuck..and I played Echoes on release and I didn't run into this shit goddamn how that shit even get though QA and such?
>>
>>318229180
>before Super Metroid
other M fans, everybody
>>
>>318239289

Why does hating one exclude you from supporting the other?
>>
>>318237707
I know it's a pretty big problem, but wouldn't it be a logical idea to hit all the switches while you're there?

As rushed Echoes may be I've generally had no issues, maybe it's because I'm a PAL player though
>>
>>318239598
>not capitalizing
Gaia, everybody.
>>
>>318239841
i put in no more effort than the person i'm replying to deserves.
>>
File: 1447468405943.jpg (27 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
1447468405943.jpg
27 KB, 599x337
>>318239963
Thanks, kid. You actually made me laugh.
>>
>>318235932
what are you talking about? the division is
>glorious master race who enjoys super metroid, zero mission, prime games, and to a lesser extent 1, 2, and fusion, and appreciates the strengths and negatives of each one given the context under which they were made and justly criticizes other m for rejecting anything that has ever been good in a metroid game
>other m fags who are too stupid to be able to walk and talk at the same time and think that other m happened both before metroid 2 and after super metroid
>>
File: 1380522144539.jpg (48 KB, 469x463) Image search: [Google]
1380522144539.jpg
48 KB, 469x463
>>318240303
>>
>>318233638
As a mainline Metroid fan this post is 100% accurate. Bravo man this is why Other M is trash.
>>
>>318235932
Boy, those are some hot headcanons.

The only game most metroid fanatics hate is other m. The first metroid is bad too but that's due to age, it was great for it's time.
>>
>>318237707
>Prime 2 is a piece of garbage and Retro are talentless hacks.

The game was rushed.Prime 2 had a lot shit cut out due to Nintendo harsh deadlines.
>>
File: 138.jpg (146 KB, 585x480) Image search: [Google]
138.jpg
146 KB, 585x480
Personally, I just feel like the narrative was badly balanced: Too much exposition where none was really necessary and an absence thereof where context was needed.

Also the levels felt depressingly empty, but I'm willing to pin that on the Wii rather than the game itself.
>>
File: gfed wave.gif (652 KB, 450x120) Image search: [Google]
gfed wave.gif
652 KB, 450x120
REMEMBAH ME PRINCESS
>>
>>318241030
105 posts before someone posted a reason that wasn't shitposting or 'NOT MUH SAMUS'.
>>
>>318241030
>but I'm willing to pin that on the Wii rather than the game itself.

Why would you possibly make that concession when it's indisputably poor level design to not make optimum use of the hardware? You work with the tools you have.
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 546x706) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 546x706
>>318233638
>That one missle expansion you should have been able to fucking get by double jumping.
>Lol invisible wall.
>Have to crash into a wall you had no real way of knowing.

Other M is the only game I had to actually look up guides for during mid play.
>>
>>318229336
The post doesn't even have the word "suitable" in it.
>>
>>318241030
>Too much exposition where none was really necessary
I gotta be kinda honest maybe it's just my shit memory but beyond THE BABY shit at the start and that hugh infodump by end I didn't get that feeling. Unless that's what you're getting at and I'm retarded.
>>
>>318241101
The only good thing that came out of Other M.
>>
>>318241212
>Why would you possibly make that concession when it's indisputably poor level design to not make optimum use of the hardware? You work with the tools you have.
would be better written as
>Why would you make that concession when it's poor level design to not make optimum use of the hardware?
Live demo of 'too much exposition'. Try to steer clear of adjectives that don't really add anything.
>>
>>318239289
how are they comparable?

they are completely different games
>>
File: Rhedogian.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Rhedogian.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>318241487

Why do people say this? He was a walking Aliens reference that only existed to quote the film.

This was the only thing good about Other M.
>>
>>318241630
isn't that the dick from the part where you need to haul ass across the lava because Other M Samus is such a retard that she doesn't ask Adam if she can turn on the Varia suit (WHY WAS IT EVEN TURNED OFF IN THE FIRST PLACE?)
>>
>>318241758

He's the Ridley of the game, and by that I mean he shows up like 4-5 times to kick your ass.

He out-Ridleys Ridley and you don't even know his motive.
>>
>>318241630
>Why do people say this? He was a walking Aliens reference that only existed to quote the film.

And yet he was still better than literally every other character including Samus.
>>
>>318241758
Why the hell did she even need to ask. A brain dead monkey could've figure out that they would need to activate their heat resistant suit to survive a super heated area.
>>
>>318235932
I'll take the shitposters from the prime or super camps over the drooling inbred retards that make up other M fags.

At least prime didn't single handedly kill the series.
>>
>>
It's literally a shitty version of Fusion with braindead buttonmashing gameplay and that extremely annoying Pixel Hunt shit.
>>
File: sakamoto_portrait.jpg (32 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
sakamoto_portrait.jpg
32 KB, 600x400
>>318228538
Because Metroidfags have shit taste.
>>
>>318232864
>The gameplay itself wasnt... bad. It was about average for a non FPS Metroid entry

No. No no no no no. The gameplay is fucking terrible as well, by any standard.

>combat is incredibly easy buttonmashing since Sensemove is completely overpowered and easy as fuck to spam
>that stupidly clunky first-person switch to even be able to use missiles
>D-pad in a 3D environment
>extremely shitty platforming
>unimaginative as fuck levels (How do we go from unique alien landscapes to Mario-tier Forest Fire and Ice levels)
>Pixel Hunting
>out-of-nowhere QTEs
>absolutely zero exploration, doors are constantly locked if the game doesn't want you to go that way yet and there are invisible walls EVERYWHERE to prevent you from getting to anywhere or anything other than how the game wants you to
>>
File: B7pSf0x.png (672 KB, 826x520) Image search: [Google]
B7pSf0x.png
672 KB, 826x520
Bravo.
>>
File: other m.png (256 KB, 1242x1145) Image search: [Google]
other m.png
256 KB, 1242x1145
>>318245453
Have you got a screenshot of Anthony and Samus at the end of the game? The former is FUCKING HUGE
>>
File: L1k3qjU.png (173 KB, 335x435) Image search: [Google]
L1k3qjU.png
173 KB, 335x435
>>318245704
It ain't gonna suck itself.
>>
>>318245961
He was born to be a basketball player
>>
>>318232864
>Samus Aran was turned into a simpering, weak, cowardly bitch with serious daddy/hero worship issues.

See it's shit like this that makes me think people don't even try to think things beyond face value.
>>
>>318246169
O, deep thinker, tell us how she wasn't turned into a disgrace of a character?
>>
>>318239839
The PAL version has a LOT of big bugfixes. That Sonic Switch Glitch outright doesn't exist in any other version other than the NA Gamecube release, along with a lot of the geometry glitches and other stuff.

Whereas Prime 1 is actually the best on NA Gamecube due to speedrunning tricks, I'd say Prime 2 NA release is the worst version because it's an outright beta copy.
>>
>>318246228
Simple version is that she still kills things, like the Metroid Queen and hundreds of enemies.
>>
>>318246169
Yes, she was always shown to be such a weak coward who pisses herself in the other games. How could we be so blind?

Aside from Prime 2, WHERE SHE WAS ABOUT TO BE MURDERED, there's no other Metroid game where she shows anything along the line of fear. Let alone to Ridley, someone she kills more often than X and Zero killed fucking Sigma.
>>
>>318246228
>>318246434
Fuck it, I'm dropping the link.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x26negq_top-five-underrated-overrated-games_videogames

Other than that, >>318239963
>>
>>318228538
Well, it caused a trilogy of actually great games to be retconned to unimportance, it literally retcons every other game in the series, the plot is nonsensical regardless of that, the music is uninspired and boring, and the gameplay is shallow and tends to get frustrating on fault of the design. If you want me to say WHY all those things are, then you are going to have to wait several years.
>>
>>318232875
>show you an ability at the start of the game
>never use it in actual combat
>it gets turned off as soon as you start the story
>doesn't get mentioned ever again
>at the final boss you're somehow supposed to remember it, know what it does, know that you're supposed to use it, realise it's turned on and remember how to use it
>even if you played Metroid II there's a good chance you don't even remember which button the power bomb is on
It was fucking retarded.
>>
Is Other M the most overrated Metroid game?
>>
>waiting for a new Metroid
>we got Other M
>waiting again for a new Metroid
>we got Federation Force
So, what, in 17 years we'll finally get a new Metroid?
>>
>>318246591
>doesn't like the original Metroid
>likes Other M
What was this video supposed to prove?
>>
>>318247047

No, that's Prime.
>>
>>318247713
But Prime is actually good.
Other M is embarassingly bad and yet some people actually praise it.
>>
>>318247770
>Some people actually praise it

Never happens, it's just some meta meme extension of ZSS shitposting where liking ZSS is considered praising Other M.

There might be some people who consider it a mediocre but passable game, but nothing great.
>>
File: Secretworlds_Map_color.png (8 KB, 706x646) Image search: [Google]
Secretworlds_Map_color.png
8 KB, 706x646
Because it is linear and the story sucks. Basically the polar opposite of pic related. I need more Axiom Verge just inject it into my veins.
>>
>>318247047
Overrated as in some people giving it a little too much leniency in some aspects of the game? Yeah.
>>
>>318247985
>and the story sucks
That's not the issue.
The issue is that there's too much story. Metroid, a series traditionally about atmospheric, lonely exploration shouldn't have two hours of cutscenes, quality regardless.
>>
>>318246591
>Melee is overrated because people think it's better than Brawl
Just like JonTron, he's a moron.

>Sonic Adventure 2 only has 10 good levels because I only like playing as Sonic/Shadow
Eggman has the best level design in the game, Knuckle's stages are fine, it's just Tails and Rouge that have the worst levels. The game is not close to perfect but it's a fine 3D platformer.

>Shadow is underrated
lel

>Metroid 1 is as bad as Milon's Secret Castle
Okay he's lost me, I can't comprehend this man's stupidity.
also
>HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW TO DESTROY THAT BLOCK THAT LOOKS NO DIFFERENT THAN THE OTHER BLOCKS
What a fucking casual

>Sonic 3 and Knuckles is overrated because it isn't actually a video game because????
I don't know WHAT the fuck was going on here.

>Metroid Other M is underrated, just ignore the story, the gameplay and controls are okay
>METROID OTHER M DOES THE -BEST- JOB OF EXPLAINING WHY YOUR SUIT DOESN'T HAVE POWERS, EVEN BETTER THAN FUSION

What does it take to become this delusional?
>>
>>318246314
At least due to all of the glitches, you can skip the mandatory item loss.
>>
>>318246591
>50 minutes
lol no
i watched a 48 minute google talk about porn search statistics but that was WAY more interesting than some sperg's top 5 lists.
>>
>>318234915
>Why do Superfags and Primefags even argue?
Because they're fucking children who fail to realise that Super and Prime are both absolutely amazing games. Any retard that dares claim any game but Other M is garbage cannot be called a fan of the series.
Even Metroid Prime Pinball is a pinball game.
>>
Even if Other M ruined Samus, she is still more awesome here than in other games. Outside of the cutscenes of course.
>can throw a giant lava whale into a wall with grapple beam and instantly kill it
>all of those lethal strikes
>end game equipment makes even what was a miniboss before a joke
Too bad everything else is ruined.
>>
>>318250080
So aside from how the game chooses to characterise her, this game does a better job characterising her than her other games

No
>>
>>318228538
Because primefags got mad it ruined their feminist headcanon and wasn't another halo clone.
>>
>>318250268
Not what i said.
>>
>>318228538
The game ruined autists vision of Samus as some lonely brooding female. So they shit on it. Game was decent.
>>
File: DuckyDucky.png (462 KB, 1020x676) Image search: [Google]
DuckyDucky.png
462 KB, 1020x676
Remember how Other M had horrible Ridley design? Well, its not the worst Ridley design. Sakurai fucked it up even more.
>>
File: H27IeQT.png (1 MB, 1665x534) Image search: [Google]
H27IeQT.png
1 MB, 1665x534
>>318245453
>>318245704
>>318245961
>>
>>318228538
It butcheredher character in favor of waifuism
>>
>>318231129
>character assassination

Can we stop with this bullshit? Are you the same person you were 5 years ago? Because if so that's fuckin sad that you haven't progressed. And even if you think people don't change fundamentally they still go through phases of different behavior.

The idea that Samus needs to be one way always is asinine.
>>
>>318246434
She killed Ridley only once. She kicked his ass 4 times before Other M and once during Other M, but she killed him only once.
>>
Other M is just Super in 3D, and Primefags hate Super. /v/ is infested with Primefags.

Do the math.
>>
FIGHT

FOR

LOVE
>>
File: ScreenCapture115.png (209 KB, 609x474) Image search: [Google]
ScreenCapture115.png
209 KB, 609x474
Other M wasn't first game in which Samus is smaller outside of the suit.
How many other things about Metroid did Sakurai fuck up?
>>
Mainline Metroid fan here, can all of you Other M fags please shut the hell up. You sound like Reach fags trying to put the game on the same pedestal as the mainline games.
>>
File: Animation4.gif (405 KB, 535x339) Image search: [Google]
Animation4.gif
405 KB, 535x339
>>318250829
>0 exploration
>walljumping is used only in certain parts
>sense fucking move
>invisible walls
Suuuure.
>>
>>318251090
>bringing up halo reach

Get the fuck out. No one gives a shit about that game.
>>
>>318250618
Wouldn't it make more sense for the legs and arms to be shorter though? There could be some technology to soften the blow of falling from large heights in between the legs and the suit.
>>
>>318251139
Exactly just like no one gives a fuck about Metroid Other M /thread/.
>>
>>318251270
She shouldn't be able to fit inside any of those suits anyway.
>>
>>318250697
>She killed Ridley only once.
She killed Ridley once in Metroid, twice if you count the robot version in zero mission
She killed Ridley once in Super Metroid
That is a minimum of two times if we ignore all Prime games, and should really count as 3 since a Mecha-Ridley still gives Samus the impression of "Oh, space pirates love making shit in the shape of Ridley" and removes a ton of the sting from "Oh shit, it's Ridley again!"
>>
>>318251270
It made more sense when she was the same height as the suit.
>>
>>318250947
I swear she was the same height as Samus in Brawl?
>>
Tell me /v/, did samus have a personality before mom?
Could you provide examples from the games?
>>
>>318251791
Metroid II
Super Metroid
Metroid Fusion
Metroid Zero Mission
Metroid Prime Series
>>
>>318231173
We get Ocelot in MGSV.
>>
>>318251895
But what happened in those games that gave her a defined personality?
I only remember hereading even saying anything briefly in fusion and even more briefly in the beginning of super metroid and I'm not smart enough to interpret personality through her actions
>>
>>318251416
Ridley was mauled in Metroid, but he still was alive. Makes sense considering that even a ship with tons of explosive stuff exploding and getting Ridley caught in that explosion didn't kill him (but it forced him to eat corpses to survive). Same goes for every other game except for Super Metroid (where Zebes also exploded), including Other M until Queen Metroid arrived. Mecha-Ridley shouldn't count because it looks a lot different from him.
>>
>>318251415
Well she would if the arms and legs were shorter though right? There could be something cushioning impact in between.
>>
>>318251791
yes
but what if she didn't? would that make the shit in other m acceptable? you've been playing this character for over a decade and you don't know anything about her and it turns out that all this time she was a dumb, whiny lemming who collapses and practically pisses herself in front of something she has killed before (twice) despite being one of the most well-equipped and powerful beings in the whole fucking galaxy?
>>
>>318252190
Power Suit's shoulders are too wide and she either wouldn't be able to bend knees or she wouldn't see anything because she is also short.
>>
>>318252232
So you're basically admitting you only accepted a female protagonist because they had no personality anyway. Once she had one you couldn't handle it.
>>
>>318252086
>Metroid II
Samus spares Baby
>Super Metroid
SM Prologue, Samus goes to save Baby, Samus rage kills Mother Brain
> Metroid Fusion
Inner monologue
>Metroid Zero Mission
Inner monologue, facial expressions
>Metroid Prime Series
Facial expressions, physical gestures
>>
>>318252086
Why did everyone collectively agree that she's a silent level-headed badass? Because that's how she fucking acts.

The FIRST ENEMY YOU ENCOUNTER in Super Metroid is fucking Ridley. She opens up a door, and Ridley is 10 feet from her face. She doesn't cry, she doesn't get on the ground and yell for Adam, she keeps her composure and makes HIM run off. All this is done without words and that's why people like it.
>>
>>318252086
Why does she need a personality

The storylines don't require it

The games are about exploring alone
>>
>>318252297
The shoulders are wide to show change in metroid 2 because there was no color. And anyways why can't the suit protrude further than her own body? Her head fits in the top and the arms and legs are simply shorter.
>>
>>318250682
Is this pasta?
>>
>>318252373
Almost forgot
>Super Metroid
Samus saves animals after loss of Baby
>>
>>318252501
No. Refute it or understand people act differently at different points of their lives. For whatever bizarre reason you guys want a character that never fucking changes ever in your metroid games.
>>
>>318252163
>mauled, but still alive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-smcuIzuxw#t=2m00s
doesn't look like he got away to me
looks like he died like a bitch
looks like he exploded into hp and missiles
looks like the security system detected his death and opened the door
looks like you are defending a game's place in the series when you don't know shit about the series.
>>
>>318252391
She wouldn't be able to react in Super Metroid anyway and Ridley canonically escapes on his own after kicking her ass (besides, it wouldn't make sense for baby metroid to stop draining her energy in Tourian when it never heard low energy alarm)
>>
>>318252308
no, this guy answered that question for me
>>318252373
i'm merely attacking the premise because i think the idea that samus's character in other m would be good without the context of the other games is even more retarded than arguing that the other games don't imply any kind of character.
>>
>>318252739
>kicking her ass
Depends on how you played it.
>>
>>318252774
You couldn't handle it. People have flaws but that isn't ok for your notion that Samus has no emotion.
>>
>>318252587
System limitations and by same logic, he completly disappeared and we have his clone in Prime that for whatever reasons became a cyborg.
And those 2 statues most likely open when they detect Ridley and Kraid's roars. This is last thing they do and it wouldn't make sense for them to open just because those 2 died because that would leave Mother Brain vulnerable.

And im not defending that shit scene. She still fought him more than once.
>>
File: AVGN.jpg (15 KB, 263x361) Image search: [Google]
AVGN.jpg
15 KB, 263x361
other M apologists are actually the worst

they don't even believe what they say, they just love stirring the pot and riling up the easily trolled metroid fanbase

I have never heard a legitimate point of defense towards other M because it doesn't exist, the game is objective shit from both a gameplay and story perspective

there's playing devils advocate and there's being a jerk
>>
>>318252805
You can "beat" him, but this is not how it was meant to be. First scene with mutated baby metroid doesn't makes sense this way.
>>
So now that this thread is down in the shiter, what are your favourite suit upgades?
>>
>>318252739
You still have control over samus and can fight against Ridley during that sequence. They definitely had technology at that time to make you immobile and helpless if they wanted to, they did it in multiple places throughout the game with grab attacks or the energy drain sequence at the end, but they didn't. If that was how they thought of Samus at the time it would have even made the mother brain sequence a nice little poetic callback.

Maybe Sakamoto didn't think of it at the time, but in that instance it would be like "Han shot first" (speaking of poetry) where the director didn't intend something (or later claimed they didn't) but everyone who watched it simultaneously took away a matching alternate interpretation because of editing and/or sloppy direction. Then people have to question if the character is what millions of people around the world have thought about that character for literal decades or what the creator thought about them but failed to express.

So who shot first? Han or Greedo?
>>
>>318253057
>First scene with mutated baby metroid doesn't makes sense this way.
But if you beat him he drops the Baby & before Samus could grab it he swoops in & takes it away.
>>
>>318251270
>legs and arms are shorter

so how would the hands and feet fit?
>>
>>318252909
>system limitations
>on the GBA
>10 years after super
>when it had a cutscene at the start of boss fight
Holy shit this delusion. They didn't show Ridley getting away because you were supposed to think he died, meaning Samus was supposed to think he died.
>>
https://youtu.be/4DKn7yD2hgA
Holy shit
Have any of you seen the cutscene recently
This is really really bad she is actually whimpering and helpless
>>
>>318231920
Is Nintendo really allowing metroid to die on such a brown note? Have they released anything to indicate this?
>>
>>318253241
Maybe its because Samus' backstory wasn't thought of much at that point. Ridley was just "that boss from Metroid that you killed" along with Kraid. He became the big bad parent killer later.
>>
>>318253435
yeah
it's really bad
>>
>>318253512
Chances are no, I believe they plan to announce a 2.5d Metroid for the NX most likely at e3 next year.
>>
>>318253057
Wait

There's an alternative to beating him at the very start?
>>
>>318253397
He had to replace half of his body after that. He couldn't fly away unless he WASN'T crippled, but then there would be no reason to replace his legs, neck, tail, wings and few other things.
>>
What the hell were they thinking with Federation Force though

It's like you go up to your buddy who is grieving the death of a close friend

And you say "hey man, really sorry for your loss"

And you hand him a picture of his dead friend and the picture is smeared in your own shit
>>
>>318253435

Why isn't ridley attacking her? He's just growling like a dog.
>>
>>318253693
Yeah if you shoot him enough he will drop the Baby, but before you could get it back he comes back & takes it & flies off.
>>
File: bradhat.jpg (219 KB, 1111x900) Image search: [Google]
bradhat.jpg
219 KB, 1111x900
>>318228538
>Crystal Pepsi
>Bad
>>
>>318253534
Exactly.
Other M is a retcon.
It is not finally presenting you with the character that Samus was this whole time.
It replaces what we knew with something different and tells us it is better this way.
That means players have to make a choice: what they've loved for over a decade or a badly written waifu from a game that wasn't even fun to play.
>>
>>318253319
Not what i was talking about. He would kill Samus if her low energy alarm wouldn't be heard (exactly when it starts playing, he stops draining energy), but if baby metroid didn't hear it on Ceres, then why would he stop?
>>318253693
You can either wait until you are near 20 units of energy or you can shoot him until he escapes.
>>318253778
Don't know. He doesn't speaks english, but he still can talk, so, maybe he taunts her or something. But he decides to have some fun after that until Anthony interrupts him.
>>
>>318253743
So Samus assumed that Ridley survived when she left him unable to walk or fly in an exploding facility? That's why she was cool as a cucumber during her two fights with him in Super?
>>
>>318254030
She wasn't so cool when seeing him in Prime, which happens before Super. She just stopped and stared at him as he escaped.
>>
>>318254030
Also, im not saying anything about her thinking that he survived or died in any of the encounters. My original point was that she killed him only once.
>>
>>318253936
I thought you were talking about the beginning of Super Metroid, not the scene when Samus discovers that the Baby Metroid had become a Super Metroid.
>>
>>318254186
You may be technically correct but you're being autistic because the context of this conversation is clearly about what Samus has experienced as a character.
>>
>>318254030
Forgot to mention that only Tourian exploded. You can visit Ridley's lair and its intact.
>>
I was fine with the entire game, up until the part where you get the gravity suit
>>
>>318254106
So now you think Prime is canon? You think Samus saw Ridley apparently come back from the dead two full times before Other M and 3 was the magic number that made her break down and start crying in a combat situation to the point where her fucking suit turns off?

If you are arguing that Other M makes any kind of fucking sense, the very first thing you have to do is call the Prime series non-canon. There is so much contradictory shit there that you have to completely throw it out, but even looking at the non-prime games from the same creator as Other M you have to take incredible leaps of logic to try and defend this garbage.
>>
>>318234383
Because they're asking us, maybe? Did this even occur to you?

inb4 "who cares what /v/ thinks" but you're in a thread asking /v/ what they think and literally asking us what we think right now
>>
>>318254708
Prime always was canon and Sakurai never said it wasn't. He said it was a side story or something like that and it is. Its main focus is Phazon, which appears only in Prime series and it completly disappears at the end of 3. And i never said anything other than that she killed Ridley only once. This has nothing to do with Other M.
>>
>>318255069
>>318254407
>>
>>318255069
>Sakurai
Fuck, meant Sakamoto
>>
>>318254763
The only reason I asked the question is b/c they know why Other M sucks & they feel the need to start a shitpost thread where everyone explains what has been know for five years now.
>>318255069
You mean Sakamoto not Sakurai.
>>
>>318234383

Perhaps you've noticed this is a video game discussion board for video game discussions.
>>
>>318255390
I know. Happens sometimes. Both are shit at this point.
>>
File: samus-MPrime3-comp.gif (4 MB, 544x675) Image search: [Google]
samus-MPrime3-comp.gif
4 MB, 544x675
>>318250618
>>318251415
>>
>>318253435
Fucking hell, heard the game was shit but good lord that was awful.
>>
>>318255657
I know.
>>
>>318255735
Did creator of this gif know that models in the game are scaled by settings files too or ZSS is scaled up here to make her limbs fit?
>>
>>318255647
Look if someone asked me what went wrong with Metroid Other M or Halo Reach I would tell them to go look it up it's freaking there.
>>318255735
Is this really Prime 3 ZS model?
>>
>>318255896
Do you not see that her scaling is completely differnent between her ZSS and PS?

ZSS arms when fully fitted inside the suit proportionally push her head and legs outside meaning she can't fit inside of the suit if her arms are going all the way to the point that they are on the suit

Her ZSS body size is smaller than the power suit
>>
>>318256025
Not exactly what i meant, but ok.
>>
>>318255976
>Look if someone asked me what went wrong with Metroid Other M or Halo Reach I would tell them to go look it up it's freaking there.

Perhaps, since this is a video game discussion board, as previously mentioned, for video games discussions, some people here actually enjoy talking about various video game topics such as what went wrog with Metroid Other M and/or Halo Reach. Can you imagine that?
>>
>>318256176
Look back in 2010 & 2011 when this was relevant I could talk for days on how much a shit game Other M was but after years of seeing the same thread it makes you wonder do these guys really not know what went wrong with this game.
>>
>>318228538
I would've been fairly more understanding if this wasn't set in the middle of the fucking timeline, it would've been better as a "coming of age" adventure, with Samus being at her first steps as a bounty hunter and basically having no or even negative rep.
But they had to milk the supermetroid fans and fucked up the entire narrative.
>>
>>318256375

Its just nice to see a thread that isnt MGSV or Fallout 4 once in a while
>>
>be me
>be brazilian
>games expensive as fuck here
>went to NY in 2011
>last day in ny, was going to buy my last game in america
>had two options: Metroid prime Trilogy or Other M
>you know what happened
>i have to pretend that i love this game
>>
>>318256489
True.
>>
>>318256025
I'm more prepared to go with the Nintendo specifications of 6'3" as per the manuals. Model discrepancies don't concern me unless it's Other M, where the discrepancies are SO all over the place that it just can't logically be possible.
>>
>>318256715
Me too.
>>
>>318256715
Its just as logically impossible as in Prime.
>>
File: 1381348389499.png (14 KB, 203x209) Image search: [Google]
1381348389499.png
14 KB, 203x209
>>318252585

A fictional character is not an actual fucking person, are you stupid?

Even so, there's absolutely no reason to take a character known for being strong willed, stoic and hardened into a prissy namby pamby "Yes sir thank you sir." female fuccboi.
>>
>>318235265
Actually just beat super for the first time today. Definitely agree about the controls, especially not using a SNES controller. makes switiching items really awkward.

Only other thing I didn't like is how you're just supposed to guess where items are.
>>
>>318256875
The physical model sure, but in Prime we never see her outside of it until the very end as a bonus, they never show her swapping in between. So even though the models are different, you'd never notice unless you ripped to models and did a comparison. Whereas if we go to Other M, she's in and out of that suit a lot, and the giant gap in size is painfully apparent along with the fact that all the marines are apparently like 9 feet tall in their armor even though it's not really any more bulky than Samus'?
>>
>>318255735
That goes well with my head canon that she's 6'3 inside the suit and normal height outside
>>
>>318257106
Well, i wouldn't say that marines being that big is impossible, but only if cloning is involved.
>>
File: serious.jpg (28 KB, 363x310) Image search: [Google]
serious.jpg
28 KB, 363x310
>>318255069
>Prime always was canon

no matter how many times you say it, it will never be true.
>>
>>318257304
Cloning? Simple genetic enhancements is enough.
>>
>>318257145
I prefer the headcanon that she's 6'3" outside the suit and the suit is just fucking enormous.
>>
>>318257106
So let me get this straight, she's 6'3 in Metroid, Metroid II, Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission (if you compare sprites & the ending), along with Prime 2, but in Prime 3 & Other M she is no longer 6'3 but 5'5. Metroid needs a reboot.
>>
>>318257396
Anon I don't know why you try to force this meme. Sakamoto himself said it was canon.

>>318257439
She's still 6'3" in Prime 3.
>>
>>318257439
I'd just prefer a metroid game at this point
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.