[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Completely honest question: Let's say Blizzard drops the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Completely honest question:

Let's say Blizzard drops the sub fee.

Would you rather World of Warcraft go F2P with a cash shop, or Buy 2 Play where you have to buy every expansion?
>>
>>318225096
Buy to play would still net them a shit load of money for the boxes. Free to play would make it so people who don't like P2W would quit instantly. Its a no brainer really.
>>
>>318225096
Still an MMO

Still shit
>>
Well, the general style of neo-WoW (getting rid of everything MMO and RPG, that sort of thing) already renders the game worthless so I wouldn't play it anyway, but an extension of cash shop would make it even worse.

>>318225476
>Neo-WoW
>MMO
>>
>>318225096
Considering it's currently buy to play with a cash shop, F2P would be an improvement.
>>
WoW should be free to 60 as the world feels empty. Maybe keep it free behind every two expansions or something?
>>
>>318225096
Honestly, I've done everything that game has to offer and would not play it in it's current state if it was completely free.
>>
I'd say they go F2P, and let every WoW account that is over 5 years old be treated as premium. That will never happen of course.
>>
i wouldn't even play WoW if it didn't have a sub fee, the sub fee doesn't really bother me, it's just a boring/shit game
>>
>>318225631
A man posts. An obese man. He posts with a fury that few see on /v/. He cracks his knuckles as he prepares to fling venom at the company that did him wrong so many years ago. His mind is flooded with angering thoughts about Blizzard and their total failure to capture the REAL mmo audience he so used to enjoy playing with.

"dungeon finder was a slippery slope"
"they should reintroduce the old talents"
"where the FUCK are my tendies!"
"look what they did to the lore! my god"

His thoughts are fueled by unadulterated rage, and they crackle back and forth, seemingly coming to life. As he submits his post, he stands up, gloving his hands with black leather and donning a trenchcoat to match. He loads his pistols, grabs the train ticket to Irvine his grandmother bought him, and is stopped right before opening the door"

"D-d-don't forget your hat, sweetie!" An old female voice requests.

"I won't need it mom, It's sunny in Irvine and I'm about to get down to business".

He leaves the fedora behind.
>>
>>318226369
Every level until max level is just a boring grind.

Even if every level except max were free it would still be a shit game.
>>
>>318225096
Neither. MMO's can't win in my book. Either way your being completely fucking ripped off. The content is almost always bland and the multiplayer of any MMO has never been more enjoyable to me than any regular (non-MMO) online/LAN game with co-op or vs.

The thing is that it's too expensive and they don't pass anything down to the user if they get a huge boost in sales. So for instance, they charge for name changing (which is fucking automated in every game ever and free), for the regular play, etc etc... Basically almost everything costs money. But even when they were in their peak instead of passing that down as a reward in the form of lower prices/monthly fees etc. they just kept them up and added a few more. They have grown filthy rich off of that game and don't care about the user although the user spends an arm and a leg each year to play it.

THIS is why MMO's are shit and have been dying since WoW. And now finally WoW is slowly declining because there is nothing a value there and people are slowly realizing it. Why spend 100's of dollars each year on one game when you can spend half that on many more enjoyable and varied experiences all across many different genres.
>>
B2P, same model as Guild Wars. No issues there- I'd totally pay.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.