[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it really that bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: Battlefront.jpg (113 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Battlefront.jpg
113 KB, 960x960
Is it really that bad?
>>
>>318220980
No. It's fun but lacks content.
>>
It's perfectly mediocre and not worth your money.
>>
For a game costing a total of 120$ yes
>>
It's not completely terrible, but it's very mediocre and is completely overpriced for what you get.
>>
>>318220980
If youre a star wars fan you can probably overlook the whole overpriced bs

Otherwise you will feel it's not worth the money

Regardless, it's tons of fun with friends though
>>
It's a rushed product that can't provide much entertainment past a few games. But those few games are fantastic despite the shallow as hell gunplay.

It's incredibly easy to master to the point where there's no actual skill involved.
>>
Is everyone in this game fucking retarded?
I mow down mooks like it's nothing and none of them seem to know what radar is
>>
>>318220980
Bad?
No.
Mediocre?
Yes.
>>
>>318222943
This
Fuck man I can't count how many times my fucking teammates don't follow the fucking objective
>>
>>318220980
its so bad that the total amount of players on the 3 gaming platforms is 180k
>>
BF4, 2 year old game PC numbers
Peak 24h 33,119
http://bf4stats.com/

battlefront, again PC
24h peak: 29,657

seems like another hardline situation on PC, much more alive on consoles through
>>
>>318220980
I can play it 2 hours maximum a day before I get tired by it. It is damned stressful to watch out for every little explosive or larger threats.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U49VvGYZr98
>>
File: StarWarsBattlefront-21.jpg (299 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
StarWarsBattlefront-21.jpg
299 KB, 1920x1080
>level 25 - when the real fun begins
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 620x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 620x500
>>318222681
I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I feel that this isn't worth a second of my time.
>>
>>318223108
>fucking teammates don't follow the fucking objective
That sums up about every fps game ever.
>>
>>318223636
The golden gun now you just need to be able to play one of those wookies with a smaller hitbox like oddjob.
>>
>>318220980
It's bad in the sense the maximum amount I recommend anyone to play this game is to buy it, play it for 24 hours, then refund it on Origin.
>>
>>318220980
Yes it's really that bad.

It's pathetic in comparison to Battlefront 2. People who says it's good "but lacks content" are people who started playing videogames 1 week ago.

It's shit.
>>
File: Taffin.png (238 KB, 445x380) Image search: [Google]
Taffin.png
238 KB, 445x380
>>318224217
I agree
>>
I knew what I was getting into based on all of the reviews, but bought it anyways. It seems like the first FPS in awhile that isn't super hardcore that appeals to the more casual fanbase.

I've played every single BF, but those had too steep of a learning curve for other people I play games with (aside from bf1942 which was a blast). I'm hoping for those old halo 1 days of just having fun with my buddies. We'll see.
>>
>>318225169
>It seems like the first FPS in awhile that isn't super hardcore

Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>318220980
If you love star wars then it's pretty good. Objectively though it's a mess, overpriced, and lacking in content.
>>
F O U R M A P S
O
U
R
M
A
P
S
>>
>>318225169

It's Call of Duty: Space Wars
>>
Endor doesn't have ewoks or ewok traps. 'nuff said.
>>
>>318220980
It's not bad at all, just insanely mediocre.
>>
>>318223108
Some fags just camp in a corner, and rack up kills. They literally do nothing to help your team win. Most games I only get like 11 or so kills, but usually finish with the highest objective score.
>>
Did anybody else get it just because they wanted the Darth Vader PS4?
>>
>>318225451
It does have Ewoks though. You can even be killed by them.
>>
>>318225334
>>318225438
Never played any of the COD's past the ww2 games. So yes, I am ignorant in regards to that franchise.
>>
>>318225451
Good. Ewoks were frustrating as hell to see through the dense foliage and their fucking rocks constantly tripping you up was the most aggravating fucking shit. And to top it all off you gain nothing from killing them cause they don't count towards the rebels reinforcements
>>
>No VOIP

It's that pathetic.
>>
>>318225670
Where?
>>
>>318220980
only redeemable thing about battlefront is fighter squadron, and even thats mediocre and pretty boring
>>
>>318225764
They fly around and drop rocks on storm troopers.
>>
>>318220980
Is it worth $15?
>>
So will they actually add other alien races? Not just alien heads slapped on human bodies. Talking about different models such as wookies, bothan etc.
>>
>>318225891
doubtful
>>
Not enough fucking maps for $60
>>
>>318220980
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLtwK6Oe23I

Its Shit.
>>
>>318225841
$15? Seems reasonable.

If you're a big Star Wars fan and want to pew pew people while listening to good music and sound effects.
>>
File: cheque transfer confirmed.png (251 KB, 747x437) Image search: [Google]
cheque transfer confirmed.png
251 KB, 747x437
>>318220980
ignore shitposter, its not bad. really, you should buy it, not shilling at all... not at all
>>
>>318226054
Thanks anon.

I could pick any console game up to $60, and it was really between this, Rise of Tomb Raider, and AC: Syndicate.

Did I make the right choice?
>>
It's okay. Gunplay is fun, mobility is great once you get the jetpack, and it's exciting. Decent hit detection. Plays pretty well with keyboard+mouse over a control pad as it speeds up the encounters. Lots of game modes. Insanely good graphics and audio.

Bad stuff is the overall balance. It's bad, maps often weighted in favour of one of the sides, equipment/weapon balance totally fucked on certain modes. Spawns are dreadful. A-Wings are ridiculously overpowered. They probably stretched themselves too thin over so many modes, as you wind up having only four maps (fifth for free on the way) on the main modes. So instead of being focused on Conquest like Battlefield, with other modes just offshoots of those maps, you have fuck all Walker Assault and Supremacy maps, bunch of Blast maps, etc.

I dunno. It's fun. I like it. But it doesnt have staying power in my opinion and I figure the community will be gone in a month or two. Sucks for anybody who bought the season pass.
>>
>>318226496
Yes. You might as well get your enjoyment out of this game now since it will be dead soon.

Pick the other ones up for $15 6 months from now
>>
File: reddit shills.png (22 KB, 813x203) Image search: [Google]
reddit shills.png
22 KB, 813x203
>>318220980
Of course not, it's great! xD
>>
>>318222681
>If youre a casual star wars fan you can probably overlook the whole overpriced bs
if your a real star wars fan you will see how little effort they put into the game

>but they got the locations and sounds perfect
yet they could not even ask if storm troopers were allowed to remove their helmets, or if they can use custom load outs? or for fuck sake even watch the movie to see why TIE fighters were not in the battle for hoth
>>
File: charlemagne.jpg (1 MB, 754x1790) Image search: [Google]
charlemagne.jpg
1 MB, 754x1790
>>318226745
Why does he have to taint the name of Charlemagne?
>>
It's fun if you know what you're getting yourself into.

Basically a shittier battlefield in the Star Wars universe
>>
>>318226695
Good point, thank you.
>>
I was thinking it could do well sales wise just by virtue of being a "battlefront" game released around christmas but it seems they shot themselves in the foot releasing so early because now people have a chance to see the game and they see it sucks
>>
Which is better, this or Black Ops 3?
>>
>>318227893

it's not even like a battlefield game, though. It really does feel more like cod and that's not just the usual shitposting.
>>
>>318227283
What's worse is they have in game shadow troopers that turn invisible (missions/survival)

Yet the shadow trooper option for multiplayer is just a fucking costume
>>
>>318228828
which is why it should have been a class based shooter, plus there are only 11 fucking weapons whats the point of custom loads out when there are barely any guns, you have all the guns you need, just make the scout trooper sniper rifle a primary and not a star card, remove star cards all together and remove tokens and you got a half way decent game
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.