[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
POST DREAMHACK MELEE THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6
File: 1448746399133.jpg (46 KB, 811x543) Image search: [Google]
1448746399133.jpg
46 KB, 811x543
>Is hbox a cool guy or attention whore?
>Has Armada lost his dominance on the Jiggs matchup?
>Is Leffen on suicide watch?
>Has Westballz ascended closer to the gods?
>Is Mango washed up?

Also general Melee/Smash discussion
>>
Also go download 20XX and become the next Hax$
>>
Mang0 needs to forget his "natural ability" dominance age and start learning the new meta.

As for players in general I only want good gameplay and that was what I got in DH. Not necessarily hype spectator-friendly gameplay, but a great gameplay nonetheless.
>>
>>318210535

>Caring about "muh L button game" in 2015

Move on oldfags
>>
Hbox went a bit overboard with the emotional crap but I think its fine and hes still a cool guy to me.

I'm willing to bet Armada will probably have the matchup figured out next time they play.

Leffen's been on suicide watch for the past few months and that hasnt changed with Dreamhack.

Westballz is improving, but still SD'ing a bunch.

Mango is a salty, washed up hack.
>>
>it's an hbox grand finals

This kills the hype
>>
generals go in >>>/vg/
>>
>>318211062
Westballz only SD'd like twice this tourney I think. At least in the higher bracket matches
>>
>>318211169
Seriously.
I tuned in for grand finals and watched it for a little but it was just so boring.
Axe + Hbox teams was a ton of fun to watch though
>>
>>318211062
>mango is a hack
What does that even mean?
>>
I'm going to name off a few good top players (that aren't gods) and you tell me what stops them from ascending to the "God" level like Leffen did this year

Westballz
Plup
Axe
Shroomed
Lucky
>>
REMINDER 20XX TE is out and available for download.
http://www.20xx.me/about.html
>>
>Is hbox a cool guy or attention whore?
I've always liked hbox I think he just caught a mad case of the feels this tourney. the crying was a little much. It was cool to see him win though he usually struggles clutching it out at a lot of tourneys I'd be really sad if we lost who is essentially the only high level puff player
>Has Armada lost his dominance on the Jiggs matchup?
him and hbox usually have back and forths with each other I expect him to come back twice as hard like he usually does
>Is Leffen on suicide watch?
I fuckin hate leffen I'm glad he lost and not just so I could watch that hilarious set of samus dittos between plup and duck
>Has Westballz ascended closer to the gods?
he usually has trades when it comes to wins with mango but that falco ditto was crazy dominant I hope he starts getting higher placings I love watching him play
>Is Mango washed up?
dude is doing some mad soul searching right now and has to reestablish his play style
>>
>>318211602
Thing is with The Gods, it's no longer a "condition" but more of a staple of the period of dominance they all had.

It's like Ken, most people beat him on the current meta but he is and always be "The King of Smash"

Also, no Leffen in your list?
>>
>>318212168
He's already on that level m8, that's why I included those guys.

Even though it was a still a period, those guys are still the favorites for any tournament they go. When was the last time more than 3 of those guys were at a tournament and a non "god" one? I consider Leffen a part of their tier so he doesn't count.
>>
>>318211602
None of these players have beaten all 5 Gods. Leffen is the only one to do it and continue to do it consistently.

Although, holy shit that Axe vs Armada match was close the last time they fought.
>>
>>318211602
Westballz- dude plays like hell and is among the best when he's on point but very often has a hard time staying that way and does dumb options
Plup
I think he's still developing his sheik a bit. other than that he's amazing I think he's the closest to god hood
Axe
dude is the spacie slayer but i think because he doesn't play floatier characters as often at super high levels his playstyle isn't as refined as when he plays fox or falco and i think the matchup is harder for pika high hopes he's one of my favorite players
Shroomed
generally sloppy play and unrefined punishgame on spacies I like him tho
Lucky
see westballz but his level of fox is more common so he doesn't go quite as far
>>
>Mango
>SJW fat whale wife
>Had kid with her
>Losing to non gods all the time now
>Getting fatter with each tournament
>Watching Hbox place better than him at every tournament together after dominating him for so long

Should he be considering suicide
>>
>>318210535
Cool guy.
Apparently.
Nah he'll bounce back.
Yes.
He's not as dominant as he was in 2014, that's for sure. But it's kind of silly to talk about a player being "washed up" when there are still only like 10 people in the world who have a non-zero chance of taking a tourney set off him.
>>
>>318213831
Is his wife actually an SJW? I think she's super hot, so that would be really sad if it were true.
>>
I feel sad that Mango's getting smarter, but it comes at the cost of his normal overwhelming pressure. He's adapting to the meta, but by trying to play smarter he's not doing those unpredictable things that kept him alive and relevant for so long. Armada/M2k/HBox already have safe play down to a science. It's gonna take some catching up if he wants to challenge them on their terms.

I hate Westballz. Not because he's bad, but because he basically smothered Mango and then turned in a limp-wristed performance against Plup. You need to bring the pressure you brought to Mango against EVERY opponent, asshole.
>>
>>318214206
yup check her twitter. It's chocobo lauren or something like that
>>
>>318214279
Westballz can beat anyone but anyone can beat Westballz
>>
>>318214279
he lost to Plup because there aren't any good sheiks in Socal.

Shroomed is holed up in Norcal
>>
File: CIOYlTSUkAAQlrd.jpg (83 KB, 498x1024) Image search: [Google]
CIOYlTSUkAAQlrd.jpg
83 KB, 498x1024
posting mangos girlfriend
>>
>>318214792
Man the harpoons.
I still would.
>>
>>318214279
I played friendlies with Westballz at Apex 2014 and he was close to 4 stocking me. In the middle of our match he turned to Axe and said "hey look at this", then he quit fighting me and just ran over to the ledge and started showing off this ledge tech he had been practicing. I know it was just a friendly, but it still seemed like a dickish thing to do, and it made me dislike Westballz for a while.

But after watching him play for the past two years I can't help myself, I really love his play style and I hope he establishes himself as a player equal to the gods.
>>
>>318215103
I would too
>>
>>318214343
She retweeted this:

"James Deen was never a feminist. He made rape jokes and he denied rape culture. He was never your ally. You as a fan lost nothing."

What a shame.
>>
File: Armada_with_his_scepter.png (796 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
Armada_with_his_scepter.png
796 KB, 800x598
Was rooting for Armada since the start, but can't really be mad at Hbox winning. The guy clearly put his heart into it and beat Armada twice, so it wasn't a fluke. Hopefully Armada doesn't take it too hard and just comes back for Genesis to take it all once again.

More worried about Leffen though, he was playing way worse than usual.
>>
>>318215763
Oh god I'm not alone.

Everyone else I talk to says she's ugly af. But I would rail her hard. And then feed her cookies.
>>
Now that hungrybox managed to take down armada after 7 years, dont you think its about time he retires now? He is the most boring fucking player out there that makes melee looks worse then fucking tr4sh. Dreamhacks grand final was bascially a boring rerun of EVOs boring fucking grand finals. IMAGINE how hype it would be with armada vs mang0 grand finals, but no instead we get boring fucking hungryshit.
>>
>>318216191
>>>/meleehell/
>>
>>318215974
>Wasn't a fluke
>PAL version

Try again kek. No one fucking cares about PAL.
>>
>>318211043
IT'S TWENTY FIFTEEEEEENN
>>
>>318216191

>tr4sh
>hbox is boring wah

docu-kid please leave
>>
>>318216191
This basicly.
Mango Armarda Leffen M2K and PPMD
in any combination are all pretty hype for grand finals.

But if Hungybox is thrown in there.. everything becomes lame.

It was so lame that even Armarda couldn't deal with it anymore.
>>
>>318216328
How are NTSC and PAL different again?
Or whatever it is?
>>
>>318217482
Fox-Jiggs MU turns from a 70-30 to 50-50 in PAL.
>>
>>318217662
Thanks anon, but that explains nothing really.
>>
>>318217482
Fox does less damage and has slightly higher endlag on some of his moves. This is treated as unforgivable.
>>
>>318217482
http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_regional_version_differences_%28SSBM%29
>>
>>318217836
And his recovery is shit, that is why armada died two times on final destination.
>>
Can someone explain what the whole 'Hbox emotional breakdown' shit is? I didn't watch this tourney.
>>
>>318218081
Hbox bascially cried like a huge man baby after beating some swedish guy at a video game. He cried his bitch tears out and then he when he was going to be interviewed he talked about how his father recently died.
>>
>>318218081
I don't know myself but I think it's because he won a major for the first time in god knows how long and it felt too good.
>>
If u like hbox u are Reddit incarnate
>>
>>318210845
>doesnt get 1st but 6th
>what keeps him is not knowing the new meta
>wut

you realise shit like this isnt simply explained by saying 'oh he didnt know the right meta'
>>
File: hungrybox booger fiend.webm (2 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
hungrybox booger fiend.webm
2 MB, 800x450
>he held on to the booger for five minutes

also tfw feeling bad for mang0. he is washed up, i gotta admit...
>>
>>318218915
What a disgusting man.
>>
File: --.jpg (6 KB, 192x180) Image search: [Google]
--.jpg
6 KB, 192x180
>>318216328

>no one cares about the patched, objectively better and more balanced version of melee
>>
>>318219486
Besides Ganondorf, I agree. If Melee HD ever happens (which it won't) it better be PAL + NTSC Ganon
>>
>>318219486
>Marths dair is now a meteor smash instead of a spike

Can you get anymore retarded?
>>
>>318215974
>rooting for the guy who has won almost every tourney he's attended this year from the start.

why? Even if you like armada, why?
>>
>>318219989
Because I like seeing him play and have been wanting him to do well since 2013 when I started following the game. Just because he's been doing great doesn't mean that I can't hope for him to win again.
>>
>>318219989
Because hungrybox is a degenerate who is ruining how hype melee can be. Maybe he would have killed himself if he lost enough to armada.
>>
>>318220117
>Just because he's been doing great doesn't mean that I can't hope for him to win again.
he's literally the best player in the world right now
>>
>>318220257
Do you have it ingrained into your mind that you have to root for the underdog or something? I like to see him have a longer reign.
>>
>>318220354
Foregone conclusions are boring.
watching the same guy getting first every major isn't very exciting.
The only reason this GF was even interesting was because Hbox had a chance of winning, every other tourney has been free as fuck for Armada
>>
>>318210535
WHO HAS THE FUCKING RESULTS?
>>
lolarmadawins
>>
>>318220621
google
>>
>>318220829
gee thanks fag lord
>>
I don't think Leffen is really evil.
He cares a lot about what people think of him and for some reason he thinks he has to be the evil guy or else people won't respect him anymore.

Clearly there is a lot going on inside him. When I see him in interviews I feel like hes always putting on a show, he doesn't say what he really want's to say because he has to act like Leffen and not like William.

He want's the respect so badly. Especially from Mango and Armarda I believe. When I saw that interview after the money match with Sfat, it was basicly Leffen saying "Mango look at me, look how good I am, please respect me a bit more now!"

And you can bet he wanted to face Mango or Armarda in Grand Finals. Not for the win, not for the money. Only for the respect.
>>
>>318221376
he's a fuccboi
>>
>>318220131
"but muh hype and fast melee Biblethump"
>>
>>318220734

Did armada become Zero for Melee when I wasn't looking or something?
>>
>>318221376
He has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements).
Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.
Believes that he is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).
Requires excessive admiration.
Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his expectations.
Is inter-personally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his own ends.
Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.
Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him.
Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes.
>>
File: Leffen3-300x294.png (120 KB, 300x294) Image search: [Google]
Leffen3-300x294.png
120 KB, 300x294
>ywn cuddle leffen to sleep as he cries about how he's supposed to be the best and everyone else is shit and jerk off his little joystick to calm him down before her takes out his aggressions on your cock with his boipussy

It's killing me.
>>
>>318222010
literally the embodiment of the Melee scene. 'please accept me fgc, we're real fighting games not like tr4sh haha'
>>
>>318210535
SMASH FAGS LEAVE >>>/trash/
>>
>>318222010
>>318222163
This my friends is what you call haters. hate em cause they ain't em
>>
>>318222575
>Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him.
>>
>>318222010
After understanding all this, how am I supposed to hate this guy? These are all such adorable traits holy shit.
>>
mango is washed up
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.