[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Snagged Freedom Wars for $10. What am I in for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 11
File: freedom wars.jpg (111 KB, 250x320) Image search: [Google]
freedom wars.jpg
111 KB, 250x320
Snagged Freedom Wars for $10. What am I in for?
>>
A clunky but decent fun "hunting" game.

Also I think Amazon still has the game at 5$ and next week it'll be a "free" PS+ game.
>>
>>318209269
wait it out

it's gonna be the game for psn+ next week
>>
>>318209269
Free on PS+, great game, for the price it has tons of content.
>>
>>318209269
One of the few Vita games with an active online userbase. Story is mediocre with a cliffhanger ending that didn't make sense, abductors are just rehashes and damage sponges, getting minmaxed weapons is rng grindy bullshit.

It's my favorite Vita game and I love the shit out of it. FW2 when?
>>
>>318210418
>>318210741
>>318212017
Don't pay for ps+ so I can't get that deal, sadly. And I'm pretty sure it's about $10 on Amazon too, last I checked at least.
>>318212519
Sounds good. How bad is the story, exactly? I'm coming out of Soul Sac so I'm certainly expecting a drastic decrease in quality, but is it at least enjoyable at all?
>>
>>318212919
Story is so bad
>>
>>318212919
>? I'm coming out of Soul Sac so I'm certainly expecting a drastic decrease in quality, but is it at least enjoyable at all?

Nah, just don't mind it and focus on the qt girls.
>>
>>318212519
Does Killzone Merc still have players?
>>
>>318213176
>>318213278
Great. Shame, really. Having a good story or at least some interesting characters always does wonders for how much I enjoy a game. I'm always game for some new waifu material though if that's happening in this game.
>>
>>318213454
Buy it and find out :^)_
>>
>>318213613
Your accessory is your waifu.
>>
$5 at gamestop bro

I'm actually thinking of picking it up also since I got that 20 bucks PSTV

but nah, I'm just gonna get EDF2 because EDF EDF EDF
>>
>>318213787
Actually this was the one thing I hated. I expected Julien to reprogram her to a qt meido robot but she stays like a faceless idiot the whole time
>>
File: Feminist Wet Dream.jpg (316 KB, 960x1632) Image search: [Google]
Feminist Wet Dream.jpg
316 KB, 960x1632
>>318209269
Its like $5 at Gamestop I think and worth it. I'm irked they didn't bundle it with PSTV, would have sold a lot more of them that way.

Still, fun hunting game for people who hate hunting games.
>>
>>318213851
EDF2 is going to be my first EDF.
What am I in for?
>>
>>318214164
FUN
>>
>>318214331
>>318214164
When the fuck is that PS4 port coming out?
>>
>>318213964
So, according to the lore book. The accessories already have a sort of indicator of how much they love you. The percentage of threat assessment is how much they dig you, with 0% being madly doki doki in love.

Accessories are actually made because your panopticon wants you making the least amount of social connections as possible, so the accessory is supposed to be a stand-in for friends/lovers/etc.
>>
>>318209269
FreeFag here.
The gameplay is pretty neat but the weapon selection is a bit slim compared to MH. However, the animations for each blade weapon can differ so unlike MH one sword's attacks differently than the rest. Your accessory is an ok partner. You can issue orders to it, such as revive or capture a point. They can be quite competent if the monster isn't butt fucking your corpse. You can give it whatever weapon you want. I prefer the rocket launcher since I don't think they get the finer points of Melee.

The thorn is pretty fucking sweet you have three types to mess around with. Once you master it you'll be the motherfucking Spiderman with a machine gun

Weapon customization is limited to passive abilities that you have to meld together with other guns to get a random effect. You can add modules to get a desired effect if you REALLY need it on.

Story is shit and ends on a cliffhanger. Nothing of note

You can customize the fuck out of your character and there's a broad selection but you'll look like you fell into Gackt's closet or something.

Multiplayer is hit or miss. That shit can lag like no one's business. Also it's a pain in the ass to get higher level parts without the special operations if you don't go online.

Anything else you wanna know?
>>
>>318214523
EDF 4.1 and EDF 2 remake both come out at the same date which is December 8
>>
>>318213176
>tfw Carlos was working for high heaven the whole time
Fucking pissed me off. Was one of my favorites
>>
File: 2015-11-28-173958.jpg (93 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-28-173958.jpg
93 KB, 960x544
>>318209269
I love the character customization in this game.
The story is decent. Gameplay is fun online.

>>318214331
Which one should I get EDF 2 on vita or EDF 4.1 on PS4?
>>
File: 2015-11-28-145627.jpg (121 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-28-145627.jpg
121 KB, 960x544
>>318214651
>ou can give it whatever weapon you want. I prefer the rocket launcher since I don't think they get the finer points of Melee.
They also have unlimited ammo with guns, so giving them melee is straight up dumb shit.

Also, just finished making this for my accessory.
>>
A shit game destoyed by the east being ruled by animu obsessed faggots. Expect a whopping 40 minutes of skipping through awful animu dialogue before you get to do anything even remotely fun. The nips still haven't made a better Hunting/Grindfest than PSO
>>
>>318214894
RocketBro
I have to fire FW up again but I think mine is hitting 11,000 ATK. It started going up by 980 an upgrade
>>
>>318210741
>tfw have ps+ but dont have a vita
what do?
really wanted to play this game, but most games come to ps4 anyway so i didnt bother buying a vita for one game
>>
There's also pvp, but don't bother unless you really want to invest the time in getting good and don't mind being kicked out of every lobby for not being a proper rank and constantly dying to our Korean PvP overlords.
>>
>>318214872
4.1 if you want the best optimized abs best looking EDF game. 2 if you just want portable EDF. EDF 2017 is also an ok port on Vita
>>
How much will EDF 4.1 be?
>>
>>318215134
Yeah, mine has 11160 power. That's some ridiculous shit right there. Add to the fact that accessories are basically aimbots. Thing is gonna wreck.
>>
>>318215140
PSTV is 20 bucks
>>
>>318215140
You can still add it to your library from the store website in case you get a Vita in the future
>>
>Still no FH+
>>
>>318214608
I guess that is kinda cute.
>>
>>318214872
4.1 definitely, it has one more class to play around with

I'm only getting the vita EDF because it's the game that the west never got, and I've played the shit out of 2025 on the PS3
>>
>>318215451
>You'll never shove your GIGAs Concrete slab hammer up OnHigh's ass.
>No God Eater 2 Rage Burst either[./spoiler]

I wish we could have had a customizable Abductor like Abel.
>>
>>318212519
>>318212919
>>318213176
>>318214856
>tfw I loved the story, atmosphere, and OST.

The setting was just so cool. Getting additional years added to your sentence, and the idea of these huge mega jails fighting for resources is cool as fuck.

I wonder if we will ever get a FW2.
>>
>>318216074
did god eater bombed in the west, or why do they not bring god eater 2?
>>
>>318216653
Gods eater did ok. Not sure about 2. But they should have followed Capcom and just gave us Rage Burst.

Localization Never.
>>
>>318216389
>>318215847
According to some shit I found on some tumblr page.

>A sinner’s daily schedule starts from 4:00-12:00 where contribution starts, 12:00-13:00 is break time, 14:00-22:00 continue for contribution and finally 22:00-4:00 sleeping hours. Technically you work for 16 hours straight a day as an average sinner.

>Sinner’s food is made up of synthetic materials that provide simple energy and DHMO source. The food itself does not contain any taste or stimulations. Food productions and used materials are all highly classified. However, there are rare food items are sold illegally in the black market such as sugar, alcohol, sodium chloride and etc.

>Sinners are modified human as well, they are modified to fit for war/battling; it explains why they have the strength to hold a gun/sword that huge without problem.

>There is actually toilet in each sinner’s cell; it’s the square panel at the right side of the bed. You can’t open it in the game, however.

>Accessories is not only created for overseeing sinner’s activity and as a mission partner, but also as some “person” that a sinner can depends on, in other words, someone to place their affections like love, someone to grew attach to as sinner have no rights to like or love other sinners.

>Continue from above, “lost ones (deceased ones are strictly called so instead of dead)” sinner’s body are not wasted at all, their body parts are collected and used for many purpose (as the resource are precious in this era) such as surgery, during your character modification (off screen), used as accessory’s inner parts and etc.
>>
>>318218125
>As revealed by a citizen in CODE 8, Accessories are actually not as robotic as we thought they are. Their body structure are not as different from a human as they are made up of organic (human organs/tissues/ body parts) and mechanical parts (it’s reasonable that citizen freaked out after knowing the truth) which made them a cyborg rather than an android. Btw the device that all accessories are wearing on their neck work as a speaker/ artificial vocal cord, there’s even + and – buttons to adjust their voice volume!

>Simeon and Aries are once human, they exist before the Panopticon era and it was Simeon who creates the power source Will’O.

>Aries. M’s design is inspired by the Aries constellation, while her personality is based on a cat.

>Will’O container are attracted to sinners back with similar force like magnetism, it’s quite mobile even the container itself is quite heavy by the look of it. Thorns are actually the materialized form of Will’O energy. Sinners are able to attach more than 2 containers but doing so is illegal according to the law of Panopticon.

>Citizens are noticeably more petite and short because they are genetically modified to be like so that the excess energy would use up for more efficient brain-work. A smaller body build -> lesser energy resources wasted.

>Different areas in Panopticon are connected by big floating boxes that resemble elevators that requires password to get through.

>The golden color zippers used for the pouch bag that Julien wears are made of pure gold, according to canon.

>the high-ups are eligible to equip with with an Abductor of their own.

>the rumor on Julien’s wife is probably wrong(?) as it stated his wife is actually a citizen abducted from other PT and later assigned to marry to him (as stated in-game even citizen have no rights to decide their marriage candidate).
>>
>>318218307
>Shizuka was born at a wealthy, sentence-cleared 2nd class sinner-turned-Citizen elite family.

>Elfriede’s mother is actually a citizen. Because of the PT law, a citizen cannot marry a sinner, they’re not allow to be together. As stated in book, her mother was dead, it’s unclear whether her citizen mother was executed because this or died while giving birth to Elfriede.

>Elfriede is actually a citizen candidate and could become a full-fledged citizen, but after the death of her mother, she decided to follow her father’s(Uwe) footstep by entering a sinner recruitment program and become a sinner as well.

>The reason that a Panopticon forbids freedom to love and Planned marriage because they think that “the existence of a family will cause more drain/waste on resources”.

>the place where Simeon resides is actually his “prison”(he couldn’t leave there). Long ago he supports the retribution in form of a small organization, and then it turned strong and make him an important role. But he had an argument with the high ups for some reason and as punishment they throw him deep into the limbo.

>Mattias once committed a crime of stealing Will’O electricity in the Warren, this made him well-known among the other sinners and he still shame to talk about it.

>A Panopticon consist of a “management tower” from the center, surrounding by different facilities(the “boxes” floating around the tower), Disciplinary district, warren, unused district, factory district and a defense force-field barrier at the outer side that’s able to withstand abductor attacks for about 30 minutes.

>Citizen lives within the units surrounding the “management Tower” at the center of PT, while 2nd class citizens and sinners lives at outer section “3″ above.
>>
>>318218482
>Citizens can be divided into 3 different categories, namely upper-class citizens(as Natalia is in), normal citizens, and 2nd class citizens. Upper-class citizen’s name consists of name + number(1-10) + last name, the smaller the number is, the higher the rank. As for normal citizens, their name consist of name + last name + # (alphabets), the higher the alphabets, the higher the rank. As for 2nd class citizen, they are the lowest among the citizen rank, but still higher than sinners, and they are able to have the simple rights of a normal rank citizens.

>The reason why there is a 2nd class citizen category is for citizens who had committed a crime/sinners who cleared their sentences. 2nd class citizens have the chance to become a full-fledged normal citizen by taking 3 years of educations. A 2nd class citizen doesn’t have a need for making contribution in missions anymore(unless they volunteered to do it). The PT cares the less for 2nd class citizen out of the 3 categories, so their life still sucked in a way.

>Because of the environment condition worsen at FW-verse (radiation, pollution and such), it’s more likely that a human will born with birth defects of their immune system/organs, which makes them difficult to survive the harsh environment. Due to this, every human inside the PT(sinners and citizens alike) all implanted with a Will’O subsistence devices that connects with their spinal cod to sustain their life span. According to the official book setting, said device can connect to the Will’O Drive(the black boxes) remotely during mission. If the device was stripped away forcefully from the spine or Will’O energy being drained away, they might die because of it.
>>
>>318218657
>As proven by NPC in-game, Accessory’s body structure is the same as human as they are cybernetic organism with robotic structure inside.

>There are many different departments used for developing punishment for the sinners in the Office of Peace and Stability(OPS), namely the “Punishment Committee“, “Sinner’s cursing languages development committee”(for example, “shaz”), “Penalty Development Committee“, “buttock beating guidance section” and “Face slapping guidance compartment“.

>All weapons that are able to drain HP are foldable (only in settings).

>Fraternity‘s main income comes from re-selling DHMO in high price to the sinners(clean water, that is).

>Everyone(sinner-born or citizen-born) have the potential of becoming a citizen candidate since birth, in fact is it decided upon birth that whether if they are “worthy to become a citizen or not”. Even a citizen-born child would not 100% guarantee them to become a citizen. Basically all the sinners in the PT are either sinner-born or a citizen-reject.
>>
>>318218125
>>318218307
>>318218482
>>318218657
>>318218745
This fucking lore. I love it
>>
>>318218972
Too bad none of it was actually in-game. Would've been nice to have this stuff in the story.
>>
File: 2014-11-20-003804.jpg (86 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2014-11-20-003804.jpg
86 KB, 960x544
>>318219479
The story was lacking in a lot of ways.
Like not having an ending.
>>
File: 1389066464407.jpg (8 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1389066464407.jpg
8 KB, 184x184
>>318218745
>“buttock beating guidance section” and “Face slapping guidance compartment“.

Holy shit.
>>
>>318209269
>walk too much
>get fined
>talk to the wrong people
>get fined
>"Don't look at me!"
>get fined

That was such bullshit
>>
>>318219872
It's fine though since it's not like you are getting out of prison.
>>
>>318220507
>He didn't reduce his sentence to zero
Are you even trying to contribute to your glorious panopticon?
>>
>>318219872
The amount was so tiny it really didnt matter
But restricting the run feature was fucking brutal
>>
>>318220916
You're still in prison though, since they couldn't find a second-class citizen cell.
>>
>>318219872
>When you had to earn the right to remain silent.

I gave a hearty chuckle.
>>
Should I get this game? I bought Vita at launch but haven't used it much besides Gravity Rush.

I really want a good online game, are there any besides this one?
>>
>>318221634
SSD is the objectively better game I guess. I still prefer FW to it though.
>>
>>318221748
Which one is less dead?
>>
File: 2014-12-08-184304.jpg (88 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2014-12-08-184304.jpg
88 KB, 960x544
>>318219743
I'm still hoping for a sequel.

Or at least a G/ Ultimate version.
>>
>>318221748
I dunno
SSD is surprisingly more repetitive to me
The mobility in FW just feels better
I wouldnt say SSD is better at all
>>
>>318221748
I prefer SS to SSD.

People call SS a MonHun clone, but SSD was LITERALLY a MonHun clone due to the nerfs to everything ranged and buffs to melee and armor.
>>
>>318222435
>SS
I didn't have wifi when I played that

Fucking Dual Illecebra solo was the grandest bullshit. Never again.
>>
File: FreedomWars.jpg (110 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
FreedomWars.jpg
110 KB, 960x544
>>318209269
Giant Robots, rocket launchers, spider man swinging, robot waifus. You're in for a good time.
>>
Freedom Wars was pretty good. I enjoyed it a lot last year.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.