[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why my gpu usage and fps drop in cities in Skyrim? Is it becouse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 2011-11-14_000012.jpg (798 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
2011-11-14_000012.jpg
798 KB, 1920x1200
Why my gpu usage and fps drop in cities in Skyrim? Is it becouse of my gtx 960 or i5 4460?
>>
It's because you're a nigger
>>
>>318191670
i have no fucking idea
my shitty i3 and 2gb amd does 60 fps everywhere
>>
It's the CPU for the most part. Skyrim only utilizes 2 cores which means if you have any AMD CPU or a lower clocked or locked Intel CPU, you may experience noticeable framerate drops in cities or when overlooking large areas.

It's a fault of Gamebryo and Bethesda's poor 'optimization'. I believe there's a mod that reduces framerate drops in cities, I'm not sure what it's called.
>>
What is your a set to? Shadows? Lighting quality? Mods? Assuming 1920x1080
>>
You're a fag, that's why. Come on Skyrim w/o mods? Go back to the only unexplored nigger island in this world where you can live with your outdated caveman family, which is where you belong in the first place.
>>
>>318192572
Aw fuck me
*what is your anti-alaising set to
>>
>>318191670
Do you have SMIMM? It is known to cause issues, that being said the 960 is a shit card.
>>
>>318192623
Get out you fucking grump
>>
>>318192778
Look who's here, a fucking millennial.
>>
>>318191670
960 is a shitty card and your i5 isn't that capable. Sorry the four year old game struggles to run.
>>
All settings are maxed out,1080p, i'm not using any mods. Frame rate drops the most in Markarth, only when looking at certain areas
>>
>>318191670
I believe your Bethesda is causing the problem
>>
>People actually buy budget cards
>>
>>318193006
How much does it drop exactly? What's your minimum and average fps?
>>
>>318191670

Gamebryo is old as fuck and inefficient.
>>
>>318193272
I have 60 fps outside the cities, in the cities it drops to 40 fps, 30 being the lowest i noticed
>>
>>318191670

Sucks for you, guy. Already struggling with the somewhat deserted city and cant use mods that adds random NPCs.
>>
>>318193693
Nigga, I have the same setup and even while using tons of mods and ENB I never dip below 60 fps. You're doing something extremely wrong.
>>
>>318195034
I noticed that turbo boost disables itself when fps drop, it's going down from 3,4 to 3,2 Ghz. I have similar problem in Dragon Age Origins O-o
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.