[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone played Legend of Grimrock? Game's kicking my ass
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: Legend_of_Grimrock_2_-_13.jpg (273 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Legend_of_Grimrock_2_-_13.jpg
273 KB, 1280x720
Anyone played Legend of Grimrock?

Game's kicking my ass even on normal difficulty. Level 3 with all the spiders is fucking horrendous. I've run out of antidote reagents and health potion reagents so I'm pretty much fucked because the tunnels ahead are still full of spiders.

What do
>>
Take another route.
>>
>>318180724
LoG 1 is pretty linear dude, there's only one exit to the level and it's through shit tons of spiders
>>
>>318181029
So stop getting hit.
Don't stand still. Ever. Never fucking stand still.
I hope your party doesn't suck ass.
>>
>>318182392
what this guy said, dont try to tank damage, manouvre out of the way of where monsters can attack you.

try to fight things in a 2x2 box and move away from enemies whenever they are facing you, then as they move into a space next to you, hit them and move.

different enemies will require modifying how you manouvre as they can sidestep or in some cases jump completely over you, but you get the general idea.
>>
File: 2015-11-28_00001.jpg (456 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-28_00001.jpg
456 KB, 1920x1080
>>318180345
grimrock 1 is great!
grimrock 2 is fucking amazing
combat is pretty simple just dodge and time hits try to avoid fighting them face to face also grimrock 2 isn't linear so if your getting your shit pushed in you can go back and find a different area to take on some stone faces will give you a hint as to where you can go depending on your skills
>>
File: 100% rat.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
100% rat.png
2 MB, 1600x900
bump
>>
I've been thinking about getting into LoG.
Is the second one a better version of the first one or is the the first one still worth playing first?
I like that it's like a classic RPG but with action elements mixed in.
>>
>>318185370
the second one is an improvement over the first in pretty much every way but i'd recommend getting both and playing the 1 first
they aren't quite like classic rpgs but more like a modern version of dungeon master or eye of the beholder
half dungeon crawler half puzzle game
grimrock games are perfect entry to the dungeon crawl genre
>>
>>318183664
>That smug face
>>
File: smug rat.jpg (924 KB, 3000x2909) Image search: [Google]
smug rat.jpg
924 KB, 3000x2909
>>318185990
>>
>>318180345
Lol? How the fuck do you get hit in LoG? It has some of the most abusable enemy movement of any game ever. If you just walk in a circle around things most enemies in the game can never hit you.
>>
>>318185848
Yeah, it seems like it's a bit more accessible type of dungeon crawler, which I like since I like that kind of game, but I'm not a huge fan of a lot of the ways those games play.
>>
Daily reminder that Legend of Grimrock 2 is fucking amazing and the best game from last year

Go play it already if you haven't
>>
>>318186852
grimrock bundle is only 6 bucks every nigga should own it
>>
Legend of Grimrock 3 when?!
>>
These are by far the best games from Finland.
Max Payne and Cities: Skylines are ok too.
Clash of Clans and Angry Birds can go to hell
>>
>>318187779
Not for a while. They're taking a break from the franchise atm.
>>
>>318187779
Not for a while

The devs said in an interview that they'll most likely be taking a break from Grimrock after the mobile/tablet ports and focus on making something new instead
>>
>>318188357
>>318188368
Aww Piss! Guess the mods are only saviour for now.
>>
>>318180345
Time your hits, enemies have hitstun.
Abuse gate switches.
>>
>not having a minotaur alchemist, constantly regenerating ingredients for OP potions while using his absurdly high strength with throwing weapons to pump out damage from the back
>>
>getting raped by spiders

Good ol' Eye of the Beholder
>>
>>318188526
Never really looked at the mods. Are there many worth reinstalling for?
>>
File: grimrock party.png (320 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
grimrock party.png
320 KB, 1000x600
>>
Lizardmen >All the other races

Literally 50% resist to every element and +dex, everybody loves dex. Not to mention that trait that gives you 30% more Regen, it's hands-down the best Caster trait in the game.
>>
>>318188801
That's actually a legit strategy, Throwing weapons are good because they are always in abundance, from start to finish you keep finding them around.
>>
>>318188941
The ones for LoG 1, yes.
Like Master Quest or Back in to the Dungeon.
Can't say much bout LoG2.
There was one that had even character chatter but I can't remember it.
>>
>>318180345
It's easy wiem you krów what you're doing
>>
>>318189267
there is one that can generate a random dungeon i think or randomise items in the main game
the level editor is pretty great too really quick and easy to use
>>
>>318189513
Yeah Grimrock Unlimited. Haven't tried that one.
>>
>>318188941
http://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/17/?

This is really good and very similiar to the base game too.

>>318188801
My nigga, that's exactly what I did for my ironman hard playthrough
>>
>>318189267
>>318189728
Ah. Isle of the Deranged. That one had character chatter and I heard it's good.
>>
Is this game similar to Etrian Odyssey in any way? I'm not too familiar with dungeon crawling games but I enjoy EO and am getting some vibes from the screenshots in the steam store page.
>>
>>318190340
Grimrock isn't turn based
>>
>>318190340
Grid based movement with front/back row. That's where the similarities end.

I started playing it from EO, and found it rather enjoyable. Personally I find LoG's combat to be pretty boring, and more reliant on stepping into squares that aren't adjacent to enemies while your attacks are on cooldown.
>>
>>318190340
grimrock is more puzzles and it's not turn based
check out paper sorcerer and elminage gothic
>>
>>318180345
git gud
>>
What are some other games like LoG that have been released lately? I'm in the mood for more dungeon crawlers, but not JRPG types. Too grindy.
>>
>>318191160
>like grimrock
nothing go play eye of the beholder, lands of lore or anvil of dawn or something
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.