[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any good games this generation to became an idort for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: Next-Gen-Controllers-640x353.png (144 KB, 640x353) Image search: [Google]
Next-Gen-Controllers-640x353.png
144 KB, 640x353
Are there any good games this generation to became an idort for?

Seems like 8th generation will be a less shitty repeat of 7th generation.
generation.
>>
Literally no reason to own an xbone unless you really like shitty 343 halo games.
>>
>>318158739
I mean I kinda think the same of PS4 but with fifa and CoD.

Main reason I pasted last generation.
>>
>>318158982
>I mean I kinda think the same of PS4 but with fifa and CoD.
So did you leave out bloodborne on purpose or are you just a retarded euroshit.
>>
>>318159113
Those are the top selling games since 7th generation.

Bloodborne could be alright but I don't get why it's on console. Suppose to be a rpg dungeon crawler right?
>>
Not yet, all the games are in 2016.
>>
>>318158982
COD isnt exclusive to PS4 dipshit
>>
>>318159362
You've never played a souls game, have you?
>>
>>318160557
Didn't say it was. Dominates the sales on PS3.
>>
>>318160628
Nope I haven't.
Reviews showed them as dungeon crawlers. Not a fan of that genre on console.
>>
>>318160771
I would barely classify it as a dungeon crawler or RPG. More of a 3rd person action game with some RPG mechanics.
>>
>>318161108
It was compared to Blade of darkness when I searched reviews for it.

I'm not playing a game like that on console. That would just be frustrating because of limited hardware and controller.
>>
>>318161576
theres a pc version of dark souls
>>
>>318161754
I may play it one day. Most console ports are pretty low on my to play list.
>>
>>318162073
You have a very narrow taste in games, my friend.
>>
Get a Bloodborne machine.
>>
>>318162132
>>318162132
That's one genre friend.
I like to stick to console's strengths when I play on consoles. Platformers, extreme sports games, unique tps, jrps, etc.

Dungeon crawler isn't a console strength.
>>
I like my PS4, but I'd say wait til at least late 2016 to mid 2017 if you want the software selection to expand to a sizeable amount.
>>
>>318163084
It's not that kind of game, though. The way the gameplay is structured plays just fine on a console.
>>
>>318163784
Does it easily map actions to buttons without forcing me to do combo buttons?
Ie. dumbshit like holding triggers down + face buttons or force me to push the stick buttons?

That's usually the shitty gimped controls you get when you get these kind of games "ported" to console.
>>
>>318164457
Every button does its own thing.
>>
>>318164916
circle is jump, run, and roll thougb
>>
File: 2349200-dishonored_power_wheel.jpg (55 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
2349200-dishonored_power_wheel.jpg
55 KB, 700x350
>>318164457
like this? No it does not have anything like that
>>
File: BBControls.jpg (54 KB, 670x376) Image search: [Google]
BBControls.jpg
54 KB, 670x376
>>318164916
This game wants me to lock on to enemies with the right stick? What?
>>
>>318165456
Click the stick, targeting reticule appears. You don't have to lock on though, even for using guns.
>>
>>318165456
that is correct, I haven't played BB but I have played souls, you can fight without looking on at all if you really hate pressing R3

The camera isn't entirely stupid, it's smart enough to follow you around corners, down corridors and through doors
>>
>>318165820
I don't mean to shit on a game I haven't played but that's a devolution of controls.
>>
>>318166601
Z-targeting (essentially) is the devolution? What do you mean, what targeting would you prefer to button toggle target?
>>
>>318166879
Let me just say out front I’m all for unique control layouts that use the stick buttons. Stuff like Gunvalkyrie. Using the stick buttons for other actions like zoom and what not is fine too.

Targeting isn’t anything new and it’s been perfected since N64. You don’t use a stick button for it. That’s lazy game making or a sign your game probably shouldn’t be on a console.

PS1 games do this better. It’s a devolution of controls. Like I said I haven’t played the game but I can still say that.
>>
>>318167578
So its just that specific button of R3 that makes you dislike the targeting and not the targeting itself? again What do you prefer?

>That’s lazy game making or a sign your game probably shouldn’t be on a console.
Shouldn't you have atleast researched the game before saying this multiple times now? the First game in the "souls" series was a PS3 exclusive co-made by Sony, the scheme of BB and DaS was inherited from that game which was designed for consoles first
>>
>>318167951
> So its just that specific button of R3 that makes you dislike the targeting and not the targeting itself? again What do you prefer?
Use a proper configuration like that has been used since PS1. One of the R buttons in the case of PlayStation games. Not like the DS4 has more buttons or less than DS1/2. Not counting trigger/pressure sensitive button differences.

>Shouldn't you have atleast researched the game before saying this multiple times now? the First game in the "souls" series was a PS3 exclusive co-made by Sony, the scheme of BB and DaS was inherited from that game which was designed for consoles first
The controls are a devolution then. As said PS1 games do this better. The game was either made poorly in that regard or was probably intended as PC game. That’s my opinion.

Maybe you like it. I think it’s retarded to attempt to change something established up and in no way is a stick button better than an R button for targeting.

BB just doesn't internet me. Certainty not know.
>>
>>318168371
I see, As far as "unique" schemes go the R1/2 reserved for right hand actions usually weak/strong attack while L1/2 control the left hand, with the case of a shield thats usually Block/Parry

Controls cannot devolve in an era where control parity has not been reached, I happened to think pressing R3 to crouch is fucking retarded and some games do it, that doesn't mean their scheme devolved because it never evolved from that state to begin with.

>The game was either made poorly in that regard or was probably intended as PC game. That’s my opinion.

1. you make blanket statements about the entire game based off of one poor choice
2. you can have that opinion I just wanted you to know it probably wasn't intended for PC since it was inherited by a game co-owned by a console maker

>Maybe you like it. I think it’s retarded to attempt to change something established up and in no way is a stick button better than an R button for targeting.
1. You said yourself its been perfect since the N64 yet OoT used Z not R to target
2. It doesn't matter if I like it, i'm on PC I can remap the buttons on my controller on the OS side if the game doesn't natively support rebinding
>>
>>318169192
Controls are the major part of the game.

This would be like moving Z target on Nintendo games to the stick button. It’s an established control standard for players. If you change it up for no reason, it’s a devolution of controls.
>>
File: DaS claw.jpg (81 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
DaS claw.jpg
81 KB, 1024x768
>>318169537
Its optional, the entire game is playable without ever pressing R3

Z target isn't standard on Ninty and hasn't been since the 64, that was the only time there was a single Z button.

You wouldn't like DaS anyway because as far as controls go, R3 is not the worst part running is
>>
>>318170935
Ya I have no idea why that series get's talked up so much.

As for Nintendo. Outside of the waggle gen. GC and Wii U use Z target.
>>
>>318171161
Probably because they were willing to try "devolving" back R3 lock on

Gamecube had a single Z my bad, Wii U no it has ZL and ZR, I should have said "single Z button used as a trigger"
>>
>>318171442
Game has to be pretty amazing for me to care much about it these days. the later 6th generation and 7th generation have made me pretty jaded.
>>
>>318171863
I know what you mean, as a fan of DaS my opinion is bias and means nothing to you but I've put about 600 hours into it and before that the only other game I put that much into was PSO I&II, when people call it the best game of the 7th gen I understand why, I may not hold that particular opinion myself but I understand why they think its so amazing. It was amazing enough for me to try to convince you to play it at the very least
>>
Don't get ps4. Literally Reddit: The Console. I've had it for a year and played it less than 10 times. Piece of nipping shit
>>
>>318172138
Bloodborne or Dark Souls?

Honestly these are the kind of games that make me give up on a console generation. All this hype and if they're bad I lose interest because that was apparently the best the console could offer.
>>
>>318173073
DaS, BB is well received to but I never played it, they share a lot in common, so your comment about R3 Lock on applied to Dark Souls too. That and you said you never played a Souls game

as for your question in the OP the games I liked the most were Splatoon which is Wii U not either of the systems mentioned, and Etrian IV which the first 3 games were 7th gen, and its portable not console so I didn't mention either
>>
>>318173540
Got a Wii U and PC already which is why I didn't mention them.
>>
>>318173734
I still want you to play DaS on PC, I personally dont think BB looks worthy buying a PS4 for and wouldn't recommend a Bone or a PS4.

Keep your free online systems, get a Vita(or TV) if you ever feel like weebing it up, it also doesn't require a fee for online multiplyaer
>>
>>318173932
The online paywalls are another thing. I'm not paying two of them so if I do pay for one I don't know which one.

Man it's 2 years into this generation and neither console has anything really to offer. I don't get it.
>>
>>318174429
It was destined to be this way, Steam grew when 7th gen grew to 80m+, so when the console makers dropped those massive install bases by not including BC third party publishers, the driving force behind the twins see PC, Xbone, and PS4 as potential platforms, thanks to the similar architecture porting must not be as expensive as it was for the previous consoles

More parity means consumers can basically choose between the three, but the consoles need more exclusives to appeal to people who have no problem switching to PC
>>
>>318175372
>but the consoles need more exclusives to appeal to people who have no problem switching to PC
Consumers don't buy consoles for exclusives.
>>
>>318176205
I buy consoles for exclusives. No idea why other people buy them
>>
>>318176205
>problem switching to PC
The people that dont have a problem building a Gaming PC buy consoles for exclusives
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.