[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Albion Online
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 1280x720
Why arent you playing the new ultima /v/?

>World Pvp
>Drop all your stuff on death in red/black zones
>Guild territories you can contest people over
>Farming
>Guild island
>City banks are seperated to promote cross city trading
>Market jewing
>Not restricted to gear/weapon choices so you can wield a 2h and wear full cloth for 50% bonus damage
>>
>>318141021
Because it is pay to win, fuck off faggot.
>>
>>318141021
because they're charging $30-100 for beta access of a free to play fucking game.

This is next level jewry.
>>
>>318141021
Can't stand top down view.
>>
>>318141154
how is it pay to win?
>>
>>318141393
ncrease your skill progression speed with a 50% fame bonus
Master the Destiny Board faster with regenerating Learning Points
Collect 50% more Silver and loot from killing mobs
Improve your crafting with regenerating crafting focus
Become a master gatherer with a 50% bonus on your gathering yield
Enjoy a 100% increase on your farming yield and animal growth times on your player island
Boost your trading profits by having market taxes reduced by 50%
>>
I'll give it a try when it's out, don't feel like paying 30 bux for the beta test
>>
>>318141973
this
>>
I bought the veteran pack and holy shit was I disappointed. The combat is so fucking dull its not even funny. I can actually interested in the hole open world PVP concept. The gathering process also seemed to be implemented pretty well. But HOLY SHIT is the combat bad. I had to close the fucking game after playing for ~30 hours. Couldnt take it anymore since Spears/Pikes gotta be some of the most underwhelming weapons I ever used. The artstyle also is atrocious. Bad graphics are one thing but not even being able to come up with somewhat interesting weapon models is a gigantic blow.

I am done with sandbox shit until Black Desert comes out. Looks like the only game with the potential to not be shit especially since the EU version will be P2P, so no fucking botters.
>>
>>318142378
>EU version will be P2P
B2P, no subscription
>>
>>318142378
Spears were fixed
>>
>>318141867

That's not pay to win though, that's just pay to save time and get faster money which is the same on any F2P.
>>
>>318142587
When? Because I played two days ago and they were atrocious. Same applies for Pikes. The entire move-set is so damn dull is off the fucking charts. The combat as a whole is just plain fucking bad. But I guess I should have expected that when I read that the game is cross platform on tablets.

The game offers nothing exceptional and soon all zones will be taken. To stay remotely interesting they would have to add constant wipes, which is something that will very likely not happen. Not even starting on the fact that its F2P which promotes botters and gold sellers. Oh, and the P2W cash shop features that speed up leveling by so much that its borderline ridiculous.
>>
>>318141867
you know you can pay with currency you get ingame right?
>>
>>318142761

>that's just pay to save time and get faster money which is the same on any F2P.

Which is P2W.

The only true nonP2WF2P game is Dota 2.
>>
The only good thing about UO was personal housing, thievery, and making trapped boxes. Everything else was complete garbage.
>>
>>318142872

P2W is direct stats/advantage in gameplay. Reducing grinding is not giving an unfair advantage. Learn your terms
>>
>>318142378
>Black Desert
>Sandbox
Chortle
>>
>>318142802
>p2w cash shop

doesnt exist
>>
>>318143060
Then what is it? Because it sure as hell isnt a theme park MMO.
>>
>>318143000
>Reducing grinding is not giving an unfair advantage
Depends on the extent of grinding required.
>>
>>318143147
its a themepark
>>
>>318141021
>New ultima

Can i raid houses that are IDOC, and kill people in towns?
>>
>>318143175
A garbage meme game where you grind forever with shitty minigames. It's a flop. I didn't know there were still people excited for it.
>>
>>318143184
To quote you: chortle
>>
>>318143218
Meant to quote: >>318143147
>>
>>318143218
>meme game
Is that an epic new term? Must have missed its brainstorming process.
>>
>>318143184
It's not a full themepark. They made it out to be a sandbox but koreans are casuals so they then tried to make it more themeparky. The developers are trying to make it more sandbox in the western release again
>>
>there are people still on the black desert bandwagon even though it flopped in kr and russia already
>>
Lmao at all these keks defending this p2w garbage. Any advantage obtained through real currency is p2w, no matter how insignificant it is.
Just because it's free doesn't mean you have to eat shit.
>>
>>318143532
its the equivalent of eve online system

except gold isnt used for anything ingame like isk, and you can get this 'advantage' with ingame currency.
>>
>>318143450
>even though it flopped in kr
Who cares? Shit like BnS is successful in Korea, so their opinion really doesnt matter. So are fucking mobile and tablet games. Hell, it was the Korea gamers who pushed Daum to make the game more casual friendly. The western version will be B2P and have more of the initial concepts. Fuck Koreans.
>>
>>318143645
Sorry but this simply isnt true. When I can use gold for premium, and premium gives me skill points, and skill points help me skip grinds of millions of fame, then gold passively buys you an in game advantage. Just because you dont direct;y buy the skill with gold doesnt mean youre not passively buying it with it.
>>
File: file.png (228 KB, 419x411) Image search: [Google]
file.png
228 KB, 419x411
>>318143859
You can use silver, and the amount of silver is neligible.

Made like 20k in an hour just grinding some mobs with people
>Killed some random elite and got 2k silver
>>
>>318142903
Fuck off.
>>
>>318142761
I bet you say same for lol. pathetic cunt.
>>
>>318144656
You can buy the latest op in lol and use him right away

You cant buy the OP gear and use it right away, still gotta grind your way there
>>
>>318143450
Well, Daum (the developer) literally said that the Western version will have significantly more PVP and PVE elements than the KR and JP versions. Which to me is a good move in the right direction and might make the game what we all hoped it to be.
>>
>>318146412
>more PVP and PVE elements
OPEN WORLD/SANDBOX PvP and PvE elements, missed out on the most important part. Maybe you will finally be able to have rewarding open world ganks.
>>
>>318142761
That is pay2win you underage cunt
>>
>>318142761
It's disgusting how much the definition of pay2win has changed for these newfags.
>>
>>318146536
>mfw im literally paying to win using my ingame currency to get premium
>>
Ultima didn't have microtransactions and shit like that. Next.
>>
>people think people paying have an advantage over the actual nolifes playing

chortled desu
>>
>>318141021
The artstyle has a lot to do with it. If it had a more gritty medieval style I'd be more interested. I like how you can play it on your phone/tablet when you're away from your PC, I think MMOs could work well on a touch interface if they are slow enough.
>>
>>318147082
Keep sliding down that slippery slope.
>>
>>318147159
Keep looking from the outside without actually playing and seeing for yourself.

This isnt archeage where you can just buy gear off the AH and put it on
>>
>>318147369
I probably will try it because I have nothing better to do. I don't expect to stick around long because of the blatant pay2win nonsense.
>>
>>318147676
lelelee pay2win

show me whats pay to win besides being able to buy premium with real life money which you can also use in game currency for.
>>
>>318147809
>besides being able to buy premium with real life money
>Show me what's pay2win besides this thing that is pay2win

>which you can also use in game currency for
Completely irrelevant. I'm going to guess you're right around 18 since it seems pay2win definition changed for your poor bastards who don't know any better.
>>
>>318147919
So nothing, gotcha.
>>
>>318148017
Does Sandbox Interactive pay you in premium days or do you get an actual paycheck?
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.