[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If they ever made another Paper Mario game, what kind of companion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 1217x828) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 1217x828
If they ever made another Paper Mario game, what kind of companion do you wish they would include? Pic very much related.
>>
I think Chomp is pretty much mandatory since we got screwed out of it in SS.

Chargin' Chucks and Thwomps are also neat.
>>
I would love a Blooper to hang around with.
>>
Also, I want a fucking dry bones companion and it better be a fucking girl.
>>
>>318135773
Another game that isn't Paper Jam?
I'd say a Shy Guy/Snifit and a Magikoopa.
>>
>>318135773

G-Geno. . .
>>
File: BusterBeetle.gif (715 B, 54x96) Image search: [Google]
BusterBeetle.gif
715 B, 54x96
Never Ever
>>
Chain Chomp
Shy Guy
Dry Bones
Chargin Chuck
Blooper
Magikoopa

How does this team sound so far? Which ones should be boys and which should be girls?
>>
File: 1442035761724.gif (237 KB, 276x268) Image search: [Google]
1442035761724.gif
237 KB, 276x268
>paper mario will never have different partners all with different personalities ever again
>paper mario will never have different partners all with different traits and skills ever again
>paper mario will never have a funny, enjoyable, dialogue heavy storry ever again

Don't say a word, just post your face when.
>>
>>318136218
Magikoop, dry bones, blooper, and shy guy should be grills.
>>
Magikoopa.
>>
>>318135773
I'm not too fussy, as long as they're not ones we've had before. There's so many cool species and creatures in Mario games to rehash the same few species.

A Chain-chomp would be great. I imagine their attacks having potential drawbacks, such as it going berserk and charging at enemies and then rebounding, necessitating Mario to knock it back with a hammer. Sort of like the Chain-chomp enemies in Mario & Luigi.

Overworld ability could be riding on it to cross over spikes, or using it as a grappling hook or something.

A blooper would also be great. Could blind enemies with ink in combat, or torpedo into them. Torpedo type ability could be used out of combat too, maybe.

A Shy Guy of some description would be cool. Not really sure which, but with so many established subtypes it would be easy to come up with some creative characters.

>>318136218
I really like Magikoopas. On that topic, I wish Kamek had something to distinguish himself from an ordinary magikoopa.
You could do a lot of interesting things with a magikoopa partner. Considering how magikoopa's seem to be on the in the upper echelon of Bowser's army and quite loyal in the RPG titles, you could probably do something very interesting with their backstory.

Your other suggestions are great, too.
>>
>>318135773
I've always wanted a chain chomp, and a shy guy.
>>
>>318136218
Dry Bones could work for the spoopy partner, considering each game has one. First Bow, then Vivian.
>>
>>318136006
>Magikoopa.
I've always wanted a magikoopa as an optional partner. He would be strong as fuck and able to cast powerful magic, but perhaps would have a cooldown so it's not too OP. That's how I picture it. He'd still be better than most partners though, because he has to be worth doing the sidequest for in the eyes of the player.
>>
>>318136218
Chain Chomp and Shy Guy should be girls.

A female chain chomp hasn't been done yet anywhere in any Mario game (at least not one I can think of), but I can imagine a really cool yet simplistic design; I'm picturing just a pink, girly-acting chain chomp with a red bow. I also tend to like masculine concepts girlified. Most people probably see a chain chomp as something masculine, so my instinct is to do the opposite.

I also think they could do something with the shy guy where perhaps she reveals that she's a girl later on in the chapter, and was pretending to be a guy for whatever reason relating to the story.

Sorry for what is essentially a shitty blogpost / fanfic, I feel like a fag for fantasizing about Paper Mario characters / games that will never happen.
>>
>>318137038
I like this idea.
And because their optional, their overworld ability could be something non-essential, like.. assuming the game uses the a hub + pipes system like the previous titles, then maybe the overworld ability could be fast travel via flying on the broomstick to those locations?

You know, something optional, but handy?
>>
I can't imagine a talking Chain Chomp. It's one of those exceptions in Paper Mario where they really should just act like dogs.
>>
>>318137351

The chainchomp in SMRPG that you find in Booster's Tower is a female.
>>
>>318137417
>You know, something optional, but handy?
That would be cool as fuck. For some reason, immediately when you said this:
>their overworld ability could be something non-essential
I thought of maybe something that allows you to get past enemies without detection a bit easier. Like some sort of magic-based teleporting or something, to help you avoid encounters.
>>
>>318137351
Its ok, the reason I want a female Dry Bones companion is based off of a dream I had when I was eight where there was a Paper Mario level in a graveyard/forest type deal and the skeletons were at war with the villagers but your companion for that level was a kind and almost motherly dry bones girl who looked after her younger siblings. I can't believe I still remember that dream but I do.
>>
Magikoopa or Hammer Bro or any of his other variants
>>
Another Koopa
>>
>>318137550
Hey that's a pretty neat idea anon. Would be helpful when traversing early areas that are littered with trash mobs.
Could do a lot with magikoopas, really, considering the mage archtype
>>
I want a sentient Bullet Bill Launcher.
>>
Poochy
>>
Bowser Jr. needs to be a partner somehow.

I'd love to see the rage.
>>
>>318136660
>Witchikoopa

my DIIIIIIIIIICK
>>
File: 1445576339310.jpg (167 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
1445576339310.jpg
167 KB, 1280x854
>>318136405
a word
>>
>>318138046
Seeing old characters show up as partners could actually be neat. I was kind of hoping M&L would do that after Bowser's Inside Story but I guess they just want to stick with "Mario and Luigi and occasionally some extra Marios and/or Luigis"
>>
>>318135773
Shy Guy
Chomp
Bullet Bill
Dry Bones
Magi Koopa
Monty Mole
Koopatrol
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>318138175
Well, to each his own I always say
>>
>>318138321
Obviously you couldn't use the already canon one. You'd need a younger Witchikoopa with room to grow, a Witchikoopa jr. type deal.
>>
>>318138301

Monty Mole that is above ground or a Monty Mole in the ground under a manhole cover??
>>
Potentially awful idea, but how would you guys feel about having an additional partner in combat in a 'support' position.

So have Mario and the partner as normal, and a second partner behind them.

Maybe they don't attack, but each partner provides a unique, automatic ability every second turn or so when in the support position. Maybe a heal, or buff, or riling up the audience, or something, etc.

And, if both your current partner + your support partner are upgraded at least one level, your main partner can use a combination attack with the support partner.

Sort of like a bros attack in the M&L games. Maybe, say, Dry Bones + Chain chomp involves Dry Bones throwing bones at enemies to bait the CC into lunging at it - even at flying enemies.

You could do a lot of cool things with a system like that. Maybe a Magikoopa companion could clone a Dry Bones into a mob for an attack (like the Dry Bones mobs in both paper marios).

I dunno. You get the idea.

Obviously never going to happen, hell, might never get another proper paper mario, but fun to brainstorm, I guess. And a little sad.

Shit idea?
>>
>>318138548
Above ground. Not sure how you'd move a manhole around.
>>
File: 270px-RockyWrenchNSMBW.png (30 KB, 270x111) Image search: [Google]
270px-RockyWrenchNSMBW.png
30 KB, 270x111
>>318138548
Not him but I imagine a Monty Mole would have some sort of burrow ability, probably something similar to Vivian's shadow trickery.

He could wear a manhole cover like a hat, though.
>>
>>318138301
>shy guy
>not sniffet
>>
>>318138643

He'd only be underground during battles.

Otherwise he'd carry it over his head until a battle.

Imagine an old ornery Monty Mole that doesn't trust Mario at all during his chapter, but has to join up with Mario because of a bigger danger. And at the end of the chapter he starts trusting Mario.

He constantly makes quips and comments about how he worked on the airships and groundships of yesteryear and puts Mario to sleep, and he ends up throwing a spanner at Mario to wake him up.

His special trait is he can go underground and dig things up or move under things Mario can't move under even though he's paper, and in battle he can give Mario a defense boost and throw spanners at all types of enemies, and he naturally has defense because of his manhole cover.

If he's a standard monty mole, he's attacking would be limited imo. They just run into things and maybe bust out of the scenery from the behind for a super pound.
>>
A Pianta
He's a chuckster
>>
>>318138974

He'd have to talk like a Mafia Pianta or he's worthless.

Dat's da only way boss, capiche?
>>
>>318136405

Ah, come on. I'm sure at some point Nintendo will figure out that maybe it'd be smarter to go back to the stuff that actually worked for them.
>>
Ninji girl.
>>
>>318139082
I loved that gimmick in TTYD.

>meeting Goombella for the first time
>gang war in the background
>>
>>318139321

It'd have to be an exiled Mafia Pianta on the run in his chapter and Mario has to help clear his name somehow.
>>
>>318139161
The fucked up thing with Paper Mario though is that its sales are pretty independent of its popularity or quality, likely because it's got Mario on the cover so a bunch of people wind up buying it solely for that.

Hell, the best selling one was SPM, and SS still did surprisingly well despite how much people disliked it. Basically I think this would give a skewed idea of what the series should really be about to its developers.
>>
>>318139161
I don't know how his mind works but Miyamoto doesn't care what people want, just what he wants.
>>
>>318137530
True, but I'd like to see a girly-girl chain chomp. I think it would be cute as fuck.
>>
>>318139625

I think that's mostly because SPM and Sticker Star came out on more popular platforms. 64 only come out towards the end of the N64s life cycle and TTYD one the relatively unpopular GameCube.

>>318139626

I think Miyamoto, at this point, is kind of a relic of a bygone era. He has that very rigid idea what video games are supposed to be like that's kinda outdated at this point. I still respect him a lot but maybe he should retire before he ruins his reputation along with the company he helped to build.
>>
>>318135773
It would be cool if the dry bones character had infinite life, but if he/she was hit she would topple and not be able to make a movement the next round.

I imagine a chain chomp would have a damage threshold but low health to compensate.

Shy Guy would have an evasive option.
>>
>Chain Chomp partner comes with a Post buddy that speaks for the Chomp, is generally his whole thing
>In battle, the Chomp is extremely powerful with high HP and damage but the Post is also required for a slot
>If the Post is hit the Chomp goes Berserk and runs off until the end of the battle
>>
>>318140708
>Chain Chomp goes on a rampage
>Will automatically use it's turn to attack everyone on the stage including mario by running through them
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.