[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wne db7XKycc >We Should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: Weidman.jpg (115 KB, 435x442) Image search: [Google]
Weidman.jpg
115 KB, 435x442
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnedb7XKycc

>We Should Have More Fallout Spinoffs

Is he right?
>>
>e-celebs

MODS.

DELETE THIS.
>>
>>318135554
>fallout spin offs

you mean fallout clones? because if I wanted to play world of war craft I'd play world of warcraft not a world of warcraft clone

all a spinoff gets you is an excuse to clone a game and to blatantly ignore any aspect of originality there might have been because you're trying to stick to a spin off of a real game.
>>
>>318135554
All that video really said was how badly he wanted a Obsidian Fallout 4

I'd agree, but I don't think having spinoffs a-la rts's and other kinds of games would really do it justice. Though I think a fallout town management game might be pretty cool.
>>
>>318136202
This, I don't think Fallout should be "milked" but I really just want another Obsidian Fallout.
>>
I don't think spinoffs was the right word. He's just asking for more mainline Fallout games, except made by Obsidian instead of Bethesda. I think everyone would like that, but I doubt most people would be interested in The Sims: Fallout edition or whatever crazy spinoffs they could come up with.
>>
>>318135715
It's not drama, it's posing a question about vidya with a video. If someone transcribed everything in the video word-for-word with no mention of who originally said it would that make things any different?

How the fuck does /v/ accept 3 AM, Chris-chan, and fucking "what did he mean by this" over someone discussing vidya just because it happened on YouTube?
>>
>>318135798
world of warcraft is a spin-off of warcraft
unless you're being ironic because I honestly can't tell anymore
>>
>>318135554
>Is he right?

He always is.
>>
>>318139541
>Well he praised Pillars of Eternity , other then that i would agree
>>
THIS GUYS GREAT!
https://youtu.be/mQaf-AQuqzs
>>
The Weedman is always right
>>
I agree with him.

Fallout 1 was good to me because it was new and fun. Fallout 2 was just a rehash of that with some added features, but not enough to interest me.

Fallout 3 was good to me because it was new and fun. Fallout NV was just a rehash of that with some added features, but not enough to interest me.

Fallout 4 looks like 3 again with some new features, but not enough to interest me. I think the series will sort of forever be dead to me since nothing will really surprise me again with this. Although I still like the environment and world a lot, so maybe smaller spin off games would be better.
>>
>>318135798
You just literally don't know what spin-off means, right?
>>318135554
I just want InXile fallout 4 man.
Obsidian is dead, josh sawyer is a kek, Tim Cain is a kek, Avellone one true god
>>
>>318139783
Thats Nathan, not George.
>>
File: 1.jpg (91 KB, 733x1096) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
91 KB, 733x1096
>>318139878
>fallout 3 was good
>fallout nv was just a rehash
Hey, buddy, they're totally different settings with totally different writing styles, types of dialogue interaction, settings, art direction.
It's an rpg, the combat mechanics and the new coat of paint does not fucking matter, fallout 4 is more a rehash of fallout 3 than fallout:NV.
I have some doubt you even played through fallout 1 with such faggot opinions.
>>
Sounds like a roundabout way for Bethesda to let more talented devs have a crack at a great IP.
>>
More and more i'm caring less about the 'World' of Fallout. I mean yeah when the first game came out (and the 2nd one to a lesser extent) it was fresh and interesting. Now post apocalypse is so so played out there really isn't anything all too special about the world that could be explored in spin offs.

More RPGs done in the same universe would be good, but really any true "Spin-Off" would probably prosper more with an original setting, at least creatively, we all know what happens when big companies shit out a random game with "BIG NAME!" attached.

It gets GOTY and sells like hotcakes because this industry is dead.
>>
He just wants Fallouts made by other dev than Betheda, aka another New Vegas because who the fuck cares about the IP at this point anyway. It's dead, so you might as well try to get a decent game out of the bunch you can launch.
>>
>>318135554
He's right but all he really wants is another Obsidian Fallout.
>>
>>318140064
New Vegas' core mechanics and gameplay features play exactly the same as Fallout 3s. While it does add new features, as I already said, the game is still pretty much the same thing. The buttons do the same thing, the engine is the same, the character models and vats system and so much is just the same that I simply don't care that character say more interesting things or that there is a reputation system implemented, it just feels like more of the same to me.

And yes, I did play Fallout 1, and enjoyed it way more than Fallout 2 and NV.
>>
>>318135715
Is not E-drama, he is just presenting the opinion of someone about something in the form of a youtube video.

That shit isn't e-cel bullshit, which is them either arguing about shit or playing games and doing silly shit to amuse the retards that watch them.

What the fuck is wrong with /v/ that can't even understand this difference?

And as for spin off. I would say we should only to satisfy those that hate the streamlined shit Bethesda has done with the series since FO3 (NV was the real FO3 that actually felt like a Fallout game)
>>
>>318140289
No, the "core mechanics" in an rpg is the fucking dialogue and C&C, which is totally dissimilar. The gunplay, looting, settlement management, they're all fucking fluff, they're the add-on mechanics. There are games that do them way way better.
Also there's nothing wrong with liking fallout 1 more than FO2 and NV, that's not what I'm asserting
>>
>>318140064
The only man I'd fug.
>>
>>318139783
Holy fuck that is awful. Did he actually used to look like that?
>>
I think, of all the "do you like X or Y more" the only thing that makes me genuinely fucking resentful of the person answering has to be the one that says he likes fallout 3 or 4 more than NV. I don't even think NV is like an all-time great, but god damn, you'd have to be a genuinely retarded person to think 3 and/or 4 does it better
>>
>>318140424
>man
Being a woman with a feminine penis does NOT make you a man, you fucking mongrel.
>>
File: 1440363706339.png (150 KB, 600x510) Image search: [Google]
1440363706339.png
150 KB, 600x510
>>318140482
not the same person, baka desu
>>
>>318140030
What happened to him? I heard he killed himself, which is why George refuses to talk about him
>>
>>318138503
The quality of threads on /v/ is irrelevant and so is whatever other shit that isn't getting banned enough either

Referring to vids for the sake of discussion should be tolerated, but posting disguisting mugshots like this one or linking in the OP shouldn't
Honestly why couldn't you just summarize the argument in a few paragraphs anyways? The entire point of a forum is to write things in your own words and do your own thinking rather than relying on other people's observations
Just because some people are shameless enough to turn this into a business doesn't make it any more fucking relevant only more cynical

as for bunnyfag he makes passable vids and he talks like a cocky jackass 6/10
>>
>Vault Manager 2016
Exactly like Fallout Shelter, except making it a better version of it for the PC and consoles. Or at least maybe in the next Fallout game you can build, design a better vault with options for 'experiments' on the dwellers for idk rewards and shit.
>>
>>318140583
No lol, they just don't make videos together anymore because comments hated him
>>
>>318140595
>he makes passable vids and he talks like a cocky jackass 6/10
/v/ is the type of audience that does something like 'talk like a cocky jackass' then attempt to criticize or hold accountable someone else for doing the same thing.
>>
>>318140567
I love this bait, hope it works for ya pal ;)
>>
>>318135554
No he's not right. The only spinoff should be an Obsidian Fallout game.
>>
>>318140792
Glad it happened, George is leagues ahead of this twat, his voice is so irritating
>>
my whole problem with fallout 4 is that as i'm playing through it my mind keeps wandering to ways they could be doing things better. especially that fucking dialogue system, it's a total trainwreck compared to what was actually alright in 3 and really fucking good in new vegas. honestly i'd even enjoy a new vegas remaster in the newer engine, it's not perfect but it's ever so slightly more enjoyable in the right places. i just wish they didn't try to dumb everything down so much.
>>
>>318140583
>I heard he killed himself, which is why George refuses to talk about him
Where the fuck would you hear a stupid rumor like that?
>>
>>318140818
You didn't hear me speak though anon, and what I wrote was simple, emotional and honest, and honestly that sounds far more novel to me nowadays than softballing, arrogant, vloggers- I mean "video game content creators" on youtube

And honestly making a few spergy analsis vids on youtube isn't exactly an accomplishment, even if you don't like what I'm saying you're not obligated to defend various dipshit talking heads on the internet, but hey it's your time
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.