[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wanna create a game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Man-With-Question-06-300x3001.png (28 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Man-With-Question-06-300x3001.png
28 KB, 300x300
Want to create a steam game. What's a good idea for game type, story, etc.
>>
Guaranteed best seller:
>Game is about some faggot who wants to make a game
>Said faggot has to post on an imageboard filled with other faggots and ask them for advice on what kind of game to make
>You win by making a game about some faggot who goes on an imageboard and makes a game based on what faggots tell him to make
>>
Boy falls in love with gir- oh wait, wrong board.
>>
>>318135265
Interesting,,,
>>
>>318133760
something simple and doable for a first timer, like a one screen game that people can keep playing. if you're going to design a video game, go back and examine what makes stuff like Donkey Kong and Pacman fun

I still have not finished making a game yet so take whatever I say with a grain of salt. It's not a very good idea to shoot for something huge right from the beginning
>>
>>318135362
kek
>>
maze game and at the end there's a screamer
>>
>>318136475
No satan. I want a good rep haha
>>
>>318136267
I was thinking of creating a custom pokemon rpg
>>
It's a racing game where you can rewind time like in GRID. Halfway through the championship a few ours into the game our daughter is killed and the rest of the game you use your time rewind powers to solve her murder instead of racing. She was actually killed by yourself from the future so that he could win the big race. At the end of the game you have to race him and beat him to send him back to the future and get your daughter back.
>>
>>318136616
sounds like quite the task

you should strive for something original that way you can profit from it and show people you're capable of shit. The reason I suggested a small game is because everyone wants to finish something. Think of an idea you know you can finish.
>>
>>318136974
Maybe a platformer?
>>
>>318133760
If you gotta ask yourself this question, you are a long way from home
>>
>>318133760
moba
just copy league of legends
dun
>>
>>318136974
>strive for something original that way you can profit from it
Flappy bird and candy crush beg to differ
>>
You are a highly intelligent, skilled and witty technocrat who was captured by a rival company and tossed inside an abandoned weapons research facility that is still being patrolled by security droids. Stealth is cruicial and you begin the game with no tools or items. Instead of weapons, the player must scavenge together parts during each level in order to construct tools that will aid the player in suppressing droids and advancing the players' escape from the facility. As the player progresses it becomes more and more apparent that the facility belongs to the player's company. But the entire facility was built unbeknownst to the player. It is later discovered that a rogue chairman of your committee was embezzling funds from your company and used them to construct the facility and develop unmanned weapons and soldiers for the government despite your company's philanthropic ideals.
>>
>>318133760
Modern day mercenary band. Commitin' crimes against the Geneva convention and not give a flying fuck all day every day. Gotta worry about your foes being legally able to torture the shit out of your captured men, though it works both ways.
>>
>>318133760
>puzzle platformer (the easiest ones to make)
>about a person on a quest to save the world (most appealing) make the ending about either saving the world and letting yourself die (or vice versa)
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.