[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the second half of Dark Souls so fucking shit with the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: skeleton-beast-large.jpg (36 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
skeleton-beast-large.jpg
36 KB, 600x338
Why is the second half of Dark Souls so fucking shit with the exception of Duke's Archives
>>
>>318125546
ToTG is good if you're not a dumbass.
>>
>>318125546
Duke's Archive is awful though. Nothing about that area is fun.

Tomb of the Giants has probably the best atmosphere in the game and there is a great sense of tension to it. Seeing the lava from afar is really cool too. Probably my favorite area in DaS, but that's not saying much since I think DaS is a piece of shit compared to DeS.
>>
>>318125546
The second half was actually rushed. They wernt able to develop it the way they wanted so a lot of ideas were cut
>>
something something rushed
something something cut for dlc
something something but das2
something something post waifus
>>
>>318125890
it has a cool aesthetic
>>
>>318126004
That doesn't mean shit if the area sucks. It's a pain in the ass to get through.
>>
>>318125890
>atmosphere
>It's literally just dark
Great dark souls has the atmosphere of shovelware steam first person horror games.
>>
>>318125890
tomb of giants looks and feels like a dank smelly cave to me how is that atmospheric? just run past the dogs theres no fun and no incentives to fight them

tomb of giants a shit, SHIT!
>>
Catacombs and ToG were better than a lot of the ealier areas, the only bad area in the second half is lost Izalith
>>
File: 1446851332366.gif (325 KB, 157x178) Image search: [Google]
1446851332366.gif
325 KB, 157x178
>>318125546
>he liked dukes archives

how, why?
>>
skeledogs are pretty awful, but at least they have a small aggro range and no health

meanwhile everything in duke's has obscene defense and shoots you from halfway across lordran
>>
>>318126065
only if you're bad
>>
>>318126414
Okay? That doesn't make it any less shitty. Nice counter.
>>
At what point are you intended to do Catacombs? What reason is there to go there early on? I've always just powered through it when I went to ToTG.
>>
>>318126189
I liked it more than Anor Londo but then again I hated Anor Londo
>>
>>318125976
If anything they could have stopped at Anor Londo and made the rest post game or just have a route split killing different bosses until Gwyn.
>>
Duke's Archives is an okay level structurally but suffers from very simple and repetitive enemy placement

Lost Izalith is Lost Izalith

Tomb of the Giants and lower New Londo are both pretty good but feel kinda short
>>
>>318125890
>>318126189
>Disliking Dukes

fun enemies, great aesthetic, decent level design. Fuck you buddy.

(I'm not counting the crystal caves)
>>
>>318126770
Early fire weapons/rite of kindling. You can also save Rhea for her miracles as soon as she leaves firelink, I believe.
>>
File: Lost Izalegs.jpg (175 KB, 640x1200) Image search: [Google]
Lost Izalegs.jpg
175 KB, 640x1200
>Lost Izalith
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.