[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Valve is fucking Steam Trade. All TF2 and CS:GO and Steam Tr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: Capture.jpg (110 KB, 1324x666) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
110 KB, 1324x666
Valve is fucking Steam Trade. All TF2 and CS:GO and Steam Trading sites outside of Steam will die. All Traders will die.

Can we get 30k signatures and fuck off the escrow? Sign Today: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/steam-escrow-petition
>>
>m-muh money laundering
Pathetic
>>
But I want all trading sites to die
>>
>>318114960
fuck off kid
>>
>>318114960
has it been confirmed that you need to authenticate every single trade via mobile app or just have mobile app registerted? would kinda suck for those betting site that their bots wont work anymore
>>
>All Traders will die.

Is this a bad thing?
>>
>>318115318

Both parties will need to have the app and be using the apps 2 factor authentication.

Say Bob trades with Jill. Bob has the app and 2 factor authentaction via the app. Jill Doesn't. Escrow happens.

>>318115371
Yes because free games that are given away on sites will no longer happen. Cheap games will no longer happen either. And Giveaways will die.
>>
>>318114960
Get owned CSGO babby
>>
>>318115516

I don't play cs:go. My major problem is buying Bundle Games and not being able to trade unwanted CD-Keys for games now because we have to wait 2 days to receive our trade.

Plus Trade Bots such as Trading Card Bots will die.
>>
>>318115485
>Giveaways will die.
Gifting games are not affected by this
>>
>>318115485
"You only have to verify trades that have items going out of your accounts.

So if Friend A gives you an item through trade offer without asking for anything in return, you don't need to verify trade."

So I hear...
>>
>>318114960
Trading ruined TF2
>>
>>318116078

by this i mean twitch users, major giveaway groups and sites will be affected.

Because they get their games/cs:go items/tf2 items they giveaway from the Trading Sites that will die.

So no trading sites = no items to give the gifters = no gifts.
>>
I dont give two shits about gifts or giveaways so whatever.
>>
As someone who only uses Steam to play vidya, I ask some anon to spoon feed me on this.
>>
>>318115485
no retard

the items will trade over after 3 days if one or neither of you have the 2 step authentication

If you both have it, the trade will happen instantly

over the 3 days, the items will be in limbo before being traded over. That gives both parties time to decline

this is mainly in place to prevent brand spanking new accounts to scam.
>>
>>318116797
If you don't give your phone to gaben, a trade between users takes 3 days
>>
>>318116887

you're fucking dumb.

If you believe this is to prevent scamming you're a dickhead.

You can't scam on Steam because both parties have to accept an email and hit the "MAKE TRADE" button twice.

It's really hard to be scammed via Steam without knowing you are.

Escrow has nothing to do with scamming because Email has worked well for years to approve all Steam Trades made.
>>
I just got around to enabling the authenticator, and it won't let me unless my phone has service. I don't because I use a cheapo tracphone for actual phone service. And even I had one, what happens if my Android is lost, stolen, or dead? Would I get locked out of my $1000+ account for a week while trying to prove my identity to Steam Support?
>>
>>318117418

If there are any problems with the Steam App for example... you go to get the authenticator code from the Steam App and the APP crashes as you go to get it... Then you can't log into your Steam account because the APP Crashed.

Also if you have any problems with the APP or if it is lost, stolen or dead... You have to contact Steam Support... but Steam Support won't care because they never reply as it is with anything helpful. So basically you are screwed.

So overall, if you use the APP and something goes wrong like it has for many people because the Steam App on Phones is poorly designed... then you'll be locked out forever.
>>
>>318117418
use an android emulator like genymotion for mobile authenticating, it's what I did
>>
>>318117721

Android Emulator for Steam doesn't work. Because the Authenticator needs to be tied to a mobile number. Therefore, you need a working sim card.
>>
Who can't wait 3 days to play a fucking videogame?
>>
>>318117924
I registered my mobile number before I installed the emulator. They are two separate things.
>>
>>318117979
/v/ and autists

so autists
>>
>>318118040

yes but you still have the problem of if your phone is lost, stolen or broken... because you're mobile number isn't linked to the emulator...
>>
>>318117614
You receive a recovery code when you activate the mobile authenticator, you just have to put that on steam to remove the authenticator from the lost phone
>>
>>318118332
Yeah then I call my mobile provider and sort it out with them. What's the problem?
>>
>ipetitions.com
fuck off kiddo
>>
>>318117979

> /v/ playing video games

That's a good one.
>>
File: 1405366908577.jpg (34 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1405366908577.jpg
34 KB, 500x375
While I fucking hate Steam Guard Im pretty happy trading sites crash and burn with this crap.

Still, why not just configure the bots to the new system?
>>
>>318114960
>escrow
first you have to explain what is escwro
second you have to explain how that shit affects people who don't play tf2 or csgo, or who simply don't trade.
third, you have to explain why valve should allow sites outside of steam to do trade.
>>
Don't do that if you sell stuff frequently on the community market, the discounts are broken
If someone has a buy order for 0,30 and you create a sell order for 0,30, steam will take that as the sale price and list your card for 0,31 with the discounted price of 0,30, which means you won't sell the card for the guy buying for 0,30, to sell for him, you have to list the card for 0,29, so you get less money, which is bullshit because they said the seller wouldn't be affected by the discounts, and the system was working before
>>
>>318119154
It'll affect my Twitch viewership if I can't reward my viewers for the following and dedication. My bottom line could be hurt if these changes take place which means less advertising for games and sponsors.
>>
>>318119027
>configuring bots to captcha
actually wait. No. it's a code that can be copy/pasted, bots will be fine. idk what people panicking about
>>
>>318114960
lmao
>>
>>318119383
Good, streamers and people who watch that shit deserve to be fucked
>>
>>318119383
I know you are joking, but it is fucking depressing that the 'problem' you just said actually exists
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.