[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>amazing gunplay and cutting edge AI >most of the time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: header[1].jpg (24 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
24 KB, 460x215
>amazing gunplay and cutting edge AI
>most of the time youre fighting only 1 or 2 guys

christ, why do they do this
>>
it's good, right? considering buying it right now

and what about the DLC?
>>
File: AMAZING AI.gif (4 MB, 470x255) Image search: [Google]
AMAZING AI.gif
4 MB, 470x255
post amazing AI
>>
>cutting edge AI
>The new Wolfenstein

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>318105915
its worth 8 bucks. took me 10 hours to beat it but i doubt i'll replay it to find all the secrets. the gameplay is fun, whether you like to go stealthy or shooty but its cut up by obnoxious vehicle sections and boring 'missions' where you literally have to run around your base collecting shit for people. also cutscenes out the ass which make replaying a chore (not as bad as max payne 3 tho)
>>
>>318105814
>cutting edge AI
Someone post the video where the player stands on a box and they just stare at him.
>>
>>318105954
I love that MGS was always innovating and trying new things
>>
>>318105814
consoles
>>
>>318105814
Tried playing this game, the gun play was fun but I couldn't get past 2 hours because of the fucking cutscenes every 5 minutes, as well as every action like picking up something or pressing a button has the fucking animation of the character doing it. It ruins the flow of the game and is just fucking annoying.

There's more thing that just are fucking annoying, like having to stand in one place and having to listen to an NPC.

This is Wolfenstein, and you're supposed to jump into a mission, and as soon as you start you fucking destroy nazis, you don't watch a shitty cutscene every 5 steps, you don't stop and wait 5 seconds to watch the animation of your fucking hand press the button.

I don't know if developers are this dumb or they want to make the game longer by doing this bullshit, but I suppose it's the second one
>>
>cutting edge AI

You're joking right?
>>
>>318105814
the lean system is really good, haven't seen something like it before.
>>
File: homer-simpson-orange-juice.png (160 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
homer-simpson-orange-juice.png
160 KB, 500x377
>>318105814
Is it worth 20 bucks for New order and old blood?
>>
>>318105814
Great narrative, characters, voice acting, gun play, everything

But it felt like over half the game I wasn't even shooting nazis.

Actually I can't recall what I was even doing for half the game. Cutscenes? I remember a lot of running and crawling in vents.

I honestly don't really remember why there was so little actual combat in this Wolfenstein game but I know it left me feeling really unsatisfied. Everything else was good though
>>
File: 1400621080996.webm (2 MB, 720x407) Image search: [Google]
1400621080996.webm
2 MB, 720x407
>>318106471
>>
>>318106980
>>318107272
What is up with these "I was hardly fighting" comments? I finished the game and my god you get absolutely fucking swarmed in this. Sometimes it was so overwhelming that I had to take cover and take it a bit slower. I only recall lengthy cutscenes being the setting the intro up and the conclusion of a chapter, which is how it should be. Play it on uber you fucking babies, and perhaps play it past 2 hours for a start.
>>
>>318107241
I guess you play console and never played Dishonored?
>>
>play it on friend's Xbone
>dual wield
>can't hit anything
>Play it on PC lately
>dual wield fucking destroys
Fuck, I love using a mouse.
>>
>>318107532
I remember now, it was like kill a couple nazis then cut open 15 vent covers and crawl through them before you can kill a couple more nazis

There were a handful of open parts where you fought more than a small handful of guys then it was right back to being duct cleaner simulator
>>
>>318106104
>>318106471
>>318107224
>enemies shoot where they last see you
>enemies try flanking and dont bunch up in doorways
>only run towards you if they have someone covering
>use nades sparingly when you're hiding
>if they lose cover they immediately move

only the AI dogs and melee guys like >>318107523 were shitty. the melee guys just walk towards you awkwardly
>>
>>318107896
>>318107523
>the melee guys just walk towards you awkwardly

Yeah, they definitely got lazy with the melee guys. They only appear in that one area that the game expects you to stealth through, so they didn't give them any real AI, especially compared to the rest of the soldiers that are actually pretty good.
>>
>>318107241

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4EQFGd-Wq4
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.