[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no quest to steal Liberty Prime and reprogram him to be a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 89
>no quest to steal Liberty Prime and reprogram him to be a Minuteman robot

Why Todd?
>>
>>318102682
blame it on linear quest lines
>>
>>318102682
Because no fun stuff is allowed anymore, only serious emotional storytelling
>>
>>318102682

Liberty Prime and the various other robot characters/models are the only good thing Beth has ever added to FO.
>>
File: curie.png (3 MB, 1076x1105) Image search: [Google]
curie.png
3 MB, 1076x1105
>>318102682
The numbers speak. There are thousands of people on this board giving the game 8/10 and vehemently defending it, and millions more buying it.

Why bother when you can get away with less, anon?
>>
>>318103169
GOD DAMMIT

IT'S SO CLEVER BECAUSE HIS HAIRLINE LOOKS LIKE TODD'S SO I THINK IT'S A TODD PICTURE BUT IT'S NOT
>>
File: Pre-War Jet.jpg (307 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Pre-War Jet.jpg
307 KB, 1920x1080
>>318103169
There are also people who think it's a good game but a closer look reveals shit to be mad about.

My balls scrunch at lore breaks and shittily motivated factions, loss of RPG type features, and the dialogue, but when you're in a fun quest line or enjoying the moment, it's fine. Mostly.
>>
>>318103169
>pic
fuck you!!!!!
>>
>>318103169
fucking hell i just got this computer
>>
File: Do Not Open This Todd.png (3 MB, 1076x1105) Image search: [Google]
Do Not Open This Todd.png
3 MB, 1076x1105
>>318104945
I'll fix it for you.
>>
Why no Enclave? Why no glorious reborn united states? Why can't people build a building that isn't covered in rust? Why can't people fix a road? Why does everything look like the nuclear holocaust happened yesterday and not 200 years ago?
>>
>>318104470
Oh my god look at this nerd caring about inane bullshit in a game with talking super mutant. Grow up geek.

Sincerely from all of us at Bethesda PR,
Pete Hines
>>
>>318104470
meanwhile I don't give two fucks about the "RPG" factors or shit lore (cus fallout lore is fucking retarded to begin with).

Building settlements and collecting phat l00t is why I play RPGs anyways. It's why I loved MGSV so much too.

Gameplay>>>>>>everything else.
>>
>>318105107
You want some too cunt? I've got enough PR for everyone here that wants a piece.

Sincerely from all of us at Bethesda PR,
Pete Hines
>>
>>318105093
ITS EVEN WORSE NOW
ITS CONSUMING MY FILES AND REPLACING THEM WITH HATE
HATE NEWPAPER
>>
>>318102682
>Bethesda
>good quest design
Oblivion was hit or miss at best and Morrowind was more about choosing quests than it was about choosing how to complete them.
>>
>>318105143
>>318105232
HATE HINES
>>
File: Fallout4 2015-11-28 04-06-29-248.jpg (718 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-11-28 04-06-29-248.jpg
718 KB, 1920x1080
Tried to create a character that's similar to myself. I'm so fucking pathertic. Playing the game where a loser like me can be a vet and have a qt wife and then go for an adventure in a really cool world with a bunch of cool stuff and lots of violence. Videogames are depressing.
>>
>>318104470
Jet was an experimental drug pre-war, so no one knew about it

Pre-War Jet was something different

Jet was re-invented in New Reno by a guy who claimed to be the original inventor.

There, I fixed it, please take your autism elsewhere, if you actually give a fuck about something as stupid as that you are sad
>>
>>318105407
you should never make yourself in a video game

where is your escapism at, boyo?
>>
>>318105407
You are playing a game for the fun of it. Fuck real life and its issues man. Try to enjoy the game becuase those of us who call ourselves pathetic sure as fuck need a break here and there.
>>
>>318105381
Thats it I'm getting the customer appreciation bat you little shit.

Don't worry I won't mess up your hands though. We still want you to buy our next game.

See I'm not an entirely irredeemable prick of a man.

Your buddy in PR,
Pete Hines
>>
File: 1443912773241.jpg (131 KB, 1023x768) Image search: [Google]
1443912773241.jpg
131 KB, 1023x768
>>318104470
No, passion, no real talent or effort. Just Bethesda.
>>
>>318105156

Except the settlement building is poorly done and the collecting phat loot is boring since its literally just finding weapons with skyrim enchantments on them
>>
>>318105468
It isn't so much that it happened anon, it was their response when it was pointed out that they don't know their own lore that really pissed people off.
>>
File: Cucks.png (59 KB, 621x478) Image search: [Google]
Cucks.png
59 KB, 621x478
>>318105468
>fixing todd's fuck ups
You must have a lot of free time to defend bethesda after taking care of illegal streams.
>>
Where the fuck did Piper go? I sent her to The Castle while I fucked around with Nick and now I can't find her ass anywhere.
>>
>>318105468
xD You could be a janitor in Bethesda anon! Keep the ggod work! xD
>>
File: Goofball Todd.png (45 KB, 1861x165) Image search: [Google]
Goofball Todd.png
45 KB, 1861x165
>>318105751
I should rewrite pic related and replace anon with vaultboy/lore
>>
>>318105894
~
player.placeatme 00002f1e
>>
>>318105468
>I have literally nothing in the world that I care about because caring about things is sad

What a euphoric existence.
>>
>>318105863
Wow, that is sad.

I can't believe people are this fucking dumb
>>
Mod to make Minutemen Liberty Prime a reality when?
>>
>>318105468
Yawn, go to bed, kid.
>>
>>318105863
Don't you dare mock these heroes you mouth breather. If it wasn't for their loyal and decisive actions some people might have not bought our amazing 11/10 game.

I bet you are just jealous because we sent them %5 off coupons if they buy 3 or more copies at the same time, where as you can't even get laid.

Stop being to entitled and salty my PR can't fix everything,
Pete Hines
>>
>>318105747
I'm tired of being pushed around Pete. I'm telling Todd!
>>
File: 1385057497539.jpg (33 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1385057497539.jpg
33 KB, 500x500
>Liberty Prime
>AGAIN

This is when I dropped the game.
>>
File: 222.jpg (23 KB, 280x161) Image search: [Google]
222.jpg
23 KB, 280x161
>>
>>318105801
lalalal shut up I'm right you're wrong!! lalala
>>
>>318102682
Liberty Prime was destroyed in Broken Steel
>>
File: base1.jpg (559 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
base1.jpg
559 KB, 1920x1080
>>318105801
The settlements are fine. Not too sure what else you could possibly do with them. It's more useful and deeper than fallout 3 or skyrims by far.

As for the loot. That's.. great. That's how loot games work. You just find weapons with slightly better or different stats/atrributes that you can later change with crafting.
>>
>designed as the embodiment of liberty and freedom
>has to be stuck with the fascists rather than the pure hearted freedom loving american faction

why
>>
I have a question guys:

Is Fallout 4 the worst game ever made?

I'm dead fucking serious, because while there are certainly some shitty games out there, I cannot name one by a company that had literally unlimited resources and access to the top talent in the industry, and somehow still managed to create something so mediocre, so completely unplayable and insulting, that the fact that it exists seems more like a big fucking joke than anything else.

I've always assumed it was Bioware who was fucking with the gaming industry, seeing how much they could get away with and still sell boxes, but I think that's actually why Bethesda exists now.
>>
>>318105468
>jet was invented before the war
>some guy reinvents it after the war
>names it jet

Reminder that Bethesda forgot Vault-Tec and West Tek were different companies.
>>
>>318105468
Explain how Ultrajet can pop up in NV after being invented in Fallout 3 on the other side of the country.
>>
>>318106278
I guess that's why it had to be rebuilt huh.

I think it's retarded that Bethesda just reuse it like that too but come on, anon.
>>
>>318106278
and the pieces were gathered up and reassembled
>>
>>318103169
Oh fuck you, I only have Windows Defender on this thing. It took me forever to find that damn program last time.
>>
>>318106153
Good luck you chucklefuck. He is far too busy combing reddit for ideas... I mean designing the upcoming amazing DLC which had better have already pre-ordered.

Lord Todd doesn't have time to waste on you. I even doubt a lesser being such as yourself could even comprehend the words that drip from his mouth like poetry.

It just works and it rhymes when you're in PR,
Pete Hines
>>
>>318106338
You're reading way too much into it. They're just catering to the people who don't really care about videogames, because that's how they sell the most copies.
>>
>>318105407
i actually remember somebody giving me the advice "never play yourself in a videogame because itll be depressing"

i wonder who that wiseman was
>>
>>318106364
West Coast experimental drug labs existed too.

>b-b-buh then jet can be pre-war
Fallout 2 made it clear Myron is the inventor and it needs brahmin shit to be produced. If anything, it's silly that it appeared in DC.
>>
>>318106338

> literally unlimited resources and access to the top talent in the industry

What the fuck are you talking about. Bethesda is a middle-size game developers only alive because they're backed by Zenimax. They're basically the same size as Obsidian.

Witcher 3 had more people developing it than Fallout 4. More people worked on StarWars Battlefront than there are people working at Bethesda Game Studios in total. MGSV had a way higher budget than Fallout 4.

Sometimes I think people see Bethesda as these EA-size corporations with hundreds upon hundreds of developers working on a single game.
>>
>>318106551
I really do not believe a company can release a product as awful as Fallout without intentionally making it that shitty.
>>
>>318106338
I would say nothing would beat Gone Home for that title (since it was un-refundable at the time of the scam), but then I remembered Gone Home isn't a game.

F4 isn't the worst game ever made, it is just lazy and not a proper RPG.
>>
>>318106292

>no snap toggling
>things floating all over the place
>never get any raiders
>SIZE
>FUCKING
>LIMITS
>settlers have almost no meaning
>very limited building options

Also even Borderlands as shit as it is is a little bit better than this since the guns in there actually vary and can have cool different effects

In this its just

PISTOL THAT DOES EXTRA [insert] DAMAGE

PISTOL THAT FIRES 2 BULLETs

PISTOL THAT CRIPPLES SLIGHTLY EASIER

The only interesting one is the more damage when you have more withdraws(however you'll never experience it since the addiction rate is crazy low)
>>
>>318106667
If one guy that likes huffing turds can find it then another guy on the other coast can as well.
>>
>>318105407
>Try to make myself
>No slightly uneven beard
>No thin monobrow
>No lazy eye

Shit game.
>>
>>318103169
Wow not everybody read/watched part 3 asshole.
>>
>>318106292
The settlement building is incredibly barebones and lacks several basic QoL features like remote assignment, employment lists, etc. Building is often unintuitive, with an inability to clip and an overall lack of options. I can't tell you how many times I had to tear something down before rebuilding it in a slightly different order because of how finicky placement is.

The real problem is that they've almost completely supplanted handmade settlements with unique NPCs and quests. There are maybe 4 distinct towns in the entire game, none of them larger or more content rich than Megaton from Fo3.
>>
File: God-Emperor of Bethesda.jpg (436 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
God-Emperor of Bethesda.jpg
436 KB, 900x1600
>>318106598
What do you mean I don't care about video games? I finished an ENTIRE level of Fallout 3 and i'm playing candy crush, like, every second on my phone.

TODD IS GOD, right? lol

I've even got the pre-order edition with pip-boy socks. Jealous?
>>
>>318106667
>If anything, it's silly that it appeared in DC
ehh theres 36 years between FO2 and 3, more than enough for supplies and the know how to make it reach the east coast
>>
>>318106776
It was a specific bunch of brahmin who were fed some failed prewar experimental stuff.
>>
>>318106292
Settlements are shallow as fuck. Defenses barely matter since you can just add more defenses and negate the chance of raiders attacking.

Food and water are piss easy too satisfy, just plop down a few things.

Settler management is almost non existent.
- Can only assign people to new tasks and trade with them
- Can't see a list of available jobs
- Can't see a list of filled jobs
- Can't name settlers
- Can't assign settlers without FINDING them then ordering them to do specific thing
- Can't see if they already have a job
- I can't find supply chain guys but maybe they're out there in the wastes or some shit
- Crafting and stores are just plop and done.
- Requires perks to use most useful things enjoy your mandatory INT
- Attacks are limited to 5-10 generic bad guys, there's nothing special about it
- Radiant quests are COMPLETELY UNEFFECTED
- Radiant quests have NO LOGIC, I've had bitches in Sanctuary tell me there's raiders nearby and send me to the exact furthest point to the east I could go, across the entire map
- The only progression you can have is more faggots collecting scrap so you can expand more settlements, and putting a companion in charge of a store so you can get a legendary item
- Building itself is badly implemented and about as good as the free mod from fucking Fallout 3, seven or eight years ago. Amateurs did a comparable job in a few months than Bethesda did in 7 years.
- I could say it again and again: Complete lack of any depth. What you see in the first 45 seconds is what you get. Oh wait, artillery :v)

And loot is complete shit too.
>>
>>318106338
you sound like a massive faggot. The game is pretty good.

How you can even think it's the worst game ever made makes you sound like you're 12.
>>
>>318106709
>Release games that make more money than anything else on the planet and despite their awfulness, become cultural memes.
>Somehow their budget for development and the amount of effort they put into sequels only ever decreases.

Yeah, no. They're a small company because Todd and his ilk are running a Producers scam. They're raising funds for a game and then not spending it, instead cutting bigger and bigger corners every time, and just pocketing the rest.
>>
>>318102682
>Why Todd?

Because he hates fun.

>stumble into the Combat Zone for the first time
>think to myself, "Oh, cool! A fight club! Maybe I can become a pro cage fighter like in Fallout 2!"
>no, everybody just shoots me
>stumble across East City Downs for the first time
>think to myself, "oh, cool! a robot race track! Maybe I can gamble!"
>Cait makes a comment about placing bets
>no, everybody just fucking shoots me
>also the robots shoot me

HA HA! Guess I should just go do one of the five hundred identical zone sweeping quests for the Minutemen or Brotherhood, huh, Todd? I mean, god forbid I get to interact with something in the world in a way that makes everything feel vibrant and alive, right?
>>
>>318106774
>Borderlands as shit as it is
Borderlands is a really good game though.
>>
File: freezing flamer.png (899 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
freezing flamer.png
899 KB, 1440x900
>>
>>318102682

>no quest to upgrade liberty prime with "I'm a real boy!" AI so that he can become your companion
>>
File: 1439062204213.gif (839 KB, 142x146) Image search: [Google]
1439062204213.gif
839 KB, 142x146
>>318107067
>>
>>318106667
Existing before the war, somehow appearing in DC, and someone experimenting with the exact same thing so they pop up on two sides of the continent at the same time are all equally silly.

You can't pick and chose on who to believe. You can't claim that Myron is a better source than Murphy since both claims stuff that seems off.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
>>318106776
I'm not opposed to independent discovery on the west coast, but it sure is wild that what took the efforts of a powerful mob family, an asshole genius, and dozens of test subjects managed to be replicated or that we didn't see signs of east/west travel outside of the brotherhood and captain crunch.
>>
>>318102682

Is this the same prime that got hyper beamed in the last game? I'm not too far in the story but if it is holy fuck Todd how and why
>>
>>318107150
you faggots have way too much of a hardon hate boner for anthony burch to ever actually play the borderland games.

They are fun,, have fun loot, and some interesting characters and quests. They also have crazy replay value.

Does anyone here actually play video games? Or are you fags too busy trying to make the next tortanic?
>>
>>318105569
>>318105704
>>318106598
>>318106816
I think I fugured it out. I'll become a total badass, get a haircut and shave this stupid looking beard, a couple of scars and dirt here and there. Too bad i don't have enough drugs for an entire playtrough, could have been an amazing experience.
>>
>>318106292
>Not too sure what else you could possibly do with them.

There are SEVERAL settlement mods for New Vegas that are leaps and bounds ahead of what we got in Fallout 4.
>>
File: ScreenShot191.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot191.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>BTFO the Brotherhood as Minutemen
>We salvage their vertibirds and can summon them with smoke grenades

Neat

>Now defense missions spawn where you are given 15 seconds to set up some defenses before repelling brotherhood scum

I'm swiming in cores
>>
>>318107265
They have some of his damaged parts and have you build him new parts with tin cans
>>
File: Ayylmao.png (2 MB, 1601x999) Image search: [Google]
Ayylmao.png
2 MB, 1601x999
>>318106956
It'd be swell to see signs this wasteland diffusion of pharmaceuticals, but who cares, ayyliens. lol
>>
>>318107138
> Not naming it Katy
One job.
>>
>>318106292
>Not too sure what else you could possibly do with them.
There could be a lot more interaction between NPCs. Even have different personality types that get along or don't. People forming relationships and having kids. More random tasks for them to do, maybe some unique ones that progress.

The construction is missing a lot of simple shit like foundations so you can make level houses on uneven terrain, grass and bushes poke up through the floor, light passes through walls and floors. All that should be pretty easy for them to deal with. An entire expansion polishing and adding more stuff to settlements would be great because i'm finding it pretty hollow so far.
>>
>>318107385
then there will be even better mods for fallout 4.
"but bethesday should have included it!"
Who the fuck cares. We are going to get the mods no matter what and it's all free in the end so who the fuck cares.
>>
>>318107291

Actually I've played them all(not buying them of course, although I did buy the telltale borderlands and that was fun)

While the guns were often neat, thats about all that was cool in the games. Most enemies were just massive bullet sponges, the writing was awful and rarely even grin worthy. Most of the fun I got out of the first one was punching things with Brick and in the second a little bit of fun smacking things with Zero. Pre-sequel was the worst of the three imo
>>
>>318107396
>>BTFO the Brotherhood as Minutemen
>>We salvage their vertibirds and can summon them with smoke grenades

Wait what, is this for real?
>>
>>318107010
>only raiders participate in these things despite there being flyers in settlements
>what, you say you're dressed like a raider and shouldn't be shot on sight?
>well aren't you entitled
>>
>>318107515

>its okay if he leaves a pile of shit on my doorstep, I can put sprinkles on it!

bethdrones everyone
>>
File: Fallout4 2015-11-24 19-57-16-96.jpg (195 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-11-24 19-57-16-96.jpg
195 KB, 1920x1080
>>318107396
>Screenshot text on screen
>PNG
cringe
>>
File: ScreenShot189.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot189.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>318107621
Yeah, make them hostile to you then talk to preston
>>
>>318107441
That kind of shit isn't in ANY fucking game though. I can think of only dwarf fortress and that comes at the cost of looking like absolute shit.

Features like that are incredibly difficult. And would it really add all that much to have kids in your settlement? How would that effect gameplay at all?

Be fucking realistic. We can list dream game lists all day long but most of them are just not feasible beyond your imagination.
>>
>>318107397

I don't have the words for how stupid that is
>>
how come the other minutemen faggots dont move over to the castle? that annoying bitch who always talks shit, the druggie guy, druggie grandma and sturges
>>
>>318107396
>get synth grenades
>they still work after you nuke the institute
TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
>>
File: dmg_ctrl.png (2 MB, 1696x4800) Image search: [Google]
dmg_ctrl.png
2 MB, 1696x4800
This is getting interesting...

>https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/668802348140109824
>>
File: 1394254014063.jpg (27 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1394254014063.jpg
27 KB, 500x500
>>318107716
>>PNG
>Living in a third world country with third world internet
>>
>>318107291
>They are fun
With friends I guess. They're repetitive and grindy alone.

>have fun loot
Ah, I love digging through trash to find the handful of worthwhile weapons.

>and some interesting characters
it'd be neat if they existed as more than immortal stand in one location quest givers and dialogue spouters.

>quests
The ones where you collect a thing and return it or kill things then return for a reward.

>They also have crazy replay value.
Nothing better than reaching NG+ and having all your weapons become worthless.
>>
>>318107969
Twitter's layout is disgusting jesus christ.
>>
>>318107775

If you think that anything he listed is 'unrealistic' then you're either retarded or have todds dick too far down your throat
>>
>>318107223
I think I'll side with the kid who came first that went through the experimental trials to make jet and the idea they reached the other side by caravan and raider band.
>>
>>318107969
>nobody else was making a game
wasnt that FO MMO being made when Bethesda got the rights?
>>
>>318107969
>This is getting interesting...

>it's from 4 days ago and we had a thread THE DAY IT HAPPENED

>interesting........
>>
File: anime boyfriend.jpg (126 KB, 640x722) Image search: [Google]
anime boyfriend.jpg
126 KB, 640x722
>>318107969
>tfw no fallout online
>>
>>318107441
Uh, while the settlement building is shit. There is a foundation check under wood floors. It's got like a giant concrete block under a floor. The block will clip into the ground/objects.
>>
>>318107515

Yes, it was free. In fact, I pirated the fuck out of FO4 and still feel a little cheated.

Maybe if Todd hadn't half-assed this shit like an amateur then I wouldn't be so glad I didn't give him any of my money while I wait patiently for modders to make the game less of a fucking mess.
>>
>>318107871
They weren't part of the minutemen
>>
>>318108197
I'm sorry, faggot. I'm not here 24/7
>>
I admit, I like the ability to make a base, but it feels so flawed.
For example, I think that over time as you progress through the game, areas that you make bases at, if close enough, should "link" together.
For example, Sanctuary and the Red Rocket are practically on top of each other and should link and make a much bigger area to work with.
Vault 111 should also become a base, with the ability to bury everyone with the help of the Minutemen (Seriously, just leaving the vault behind with the corpses of your wife and neighbors seems cold).
Also the huge forest area behind Vault could become fields or more housing. Really, it just seems like they half-assed it all over.
>>
>>318107515
>and it's all free in the end so who the fuck cares.

The jury is still out on that one anon.
>>
>>318105468
some dude made a post akin to this in another thread earlier. baka desu senpai that guy who made the post sure gave the bethesdrones a pretty well articulated argument.
>>
File: 1349165074796.png (103 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1349165074796.png
103 KB, 700x700
>>318102682
>you will never discover a giant, primitive synth prototype originally designed to combat liberty prime in fisticuffs and have them duke it out while a battle between the factions ensues around them
>>
>>318108230
*no fallout online free from hues

and MMOs are shit. Everyone who wants one would be better served by a fallout with drop in drop out co-op.
>>
>>318107006

MODS WILL FIX IT
>>
>>318105107
Because you all can never be happy.

>Institute is all clean and shit.
WTF THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE APOCALYPSE WTF
>Everything is shit.
>>318105107
>>
File: Fallout 4.jpg (63 KB, 561x401) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4.jpg
63 KB, 561x401
>>
>>318107775
>And would it really add all that much to have kids in your settlement?
Yeah, birth and death are big natural factors in populations. Aging would present problems though. You could have people dying from diseases or accidents or whatever and being replaced by people who are born but how do you get them to adulthood?
>>
>>318108619
Sounds like something which can't be implemented well so it's better to just not have it at all.
>>
>>318108420
>Vault 111 should also become a base, with the ability to bury everyone with the help of the Minutemen (Seriously, just leaving the vault behind with the corpses of your wife and neighbors seems cold).

Keeping them in flawed preservation is better than having them become molerat food.

>>318108418
>here's something new guys
>it came out days ago faggot
>w-well i didn't s-see it
>>
>>318108619
setscale 1.5
>>
>>318108559
>>Institute is all clean and shit.
>WTF THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE APOCALYPSE WTF

Said no-one ever you gigantic cocksucker
>>
>>318108721

>My small brain cant fathom this
>better to not do it
>>
>>318108186
Yes. It was made without license or something according to the wiki, and is part of the reason Beth got all the rights to the original games as well.

It still sickens me that someone somewhere though this asshole was a suitable choice for PR of all things.

Customer Service is not hard. This incident could have easily been spun to reengage the audience and make them at least appear to care about the IP they have.
>>
>>318107969
REMOVE JET REMOVE JET REMOVE JET
REEEEEEREJKRJEWLK:JTRESL:KJTYSRKL:JYKL:
fucking bethesda!!
>>
>>318108743

Anon go and committed suicide
>>
>>318108559
My favorite meme is when people misrepresent or make up opinions that people have, then get angry about what they made up.
>>
>>318108732
well i didn't see it, fag :^)
>>
>>318108785
>Add kids who progressively age and grow
>Nothing else in the world is changing
>They grow up in a matter of months at best
>Implying no one would complain about this
>Implying this is a good idea

Consider sudoku.
>>
>>318107969
>the existence of unrealistic elements in a universe means that all unrealistic elements are acceptable, internal consistency be damned
>>
>>318102682
Because the Minuteman suck.
>>
>>318108449
Can there also be an option to convince them to put down their arms and instead begin social combat?

"Attempting to calculate mass of your maternal unit via recursive function. ERROR ERROR. Stack overflow detected. Function incalculable. Goto next insult."
>>
>>318108785
Books, TV, Movies, and Game Development all do this.

GRRM has a lot of shit he'd like to add to his books, but keeps out because it wouldn't fit and won't be worth the effort attempting to make fit.

You probably don't want a game with meaningful aging and time requirments to everything.

Well, I do, but most people won't.
>>
>>318107969

Wait, wasn't Van Buren being made and cancelled once Bethesda got a hold of the rights?
>>
>>318108947

I don't want to hear about your realism in an alternate universe with talking mutants and ghouls :^)
>>
>>318108949
The sad thing is that Pete doesn't understand the difference between realism and internal consistency.

These people are in charge of the IP.
>>
>>318103169
>3.02 MB
I almost clicked it
>>
>>318109109

>grrm

He keeps it out because hes a shit writer m8
>>
>>318106909
>There are maybe 4 distinct towns in the entire game, none of them larger or more content rich than Megaton from Fo3
I hate this so fucking much.
>>
All of you disgust me. Thanks for the money.
>>
>>318109128
In 2003, the game was canceled due to Bethesda buying the rights to the Fallout franchise, and the Black Isle employees were laid off. At that time, the engine was about 95% done.
>>
>>318107969
>This is what happens when degenerates get's ahold of a franchise they don't care about
Based Doomzzg.
>>
File: 1436917047767.jpg (109 KB, 596x628) Image search: [Google]
1436917047767.jpg
109 KB, 596x628
>>318107413
Aliens! Original writing!!
>>
File: Fallout4_2015-11-27_19-22-59.jpg (406 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4_2015-11-27_19-22-59.jpg
406 KB, 1920x1080
>>318108513
>>318107006
I've found a fix to it but it's so hacky and ugly that I'm astonished that no one thought "Hey, this is really ass and we should add way more QoL features to this".

1. Farmers always get ushankas.
2. Traders always get militiamen hats
3. Scavengers always get mining helmets
and so on.

I have to track down each of these motherfuckers and give them these hats. It's TF2 Settlement Mode.

Thanks Bethesda
>>
>>318109210
The worst part is there are large multitudes of retards in every entertainment medium who think like this and argue against you if you bring up shit which doesn't make sense in fiction.

These fucks will eventually kill fiction.
>>
>>318109326
oh and in that screenshot the entire settlement failed to initialize and every settler was standing there immobile with their eyes closed.
>>
>>318109128

That was Fallout Online. Van Buren was cancelled when Interplay was going bankrupt and cannot afford to pay the programmers. As the result they lost most of the team and cancelled the game.
>>
File: HATE.gif (348 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
HATE.gif
348 KB, 640x480
>>318109247
I guarantee your favorite writer has done the same.

This should trigger and bind you for long enough to stop and think about how right I am.
>>
File: Herve.jpg (82 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
Herve.jpg
82 KB, 500x335
>>318109298
>In 2003, the game was canceled due to Bethesda buying the rights to the Fallout franchise
The game was actually canceled to make way for Brotherhood of Steel 2.

Read the fucking wiki before you embarrass yourself further. The head of Interplay was this guy (he still is!) and he's a scumbag.
>>
>>318107969
Jesus, is it really the end of the world to own up and say you just didn't know the fictional history of a drug in Fallout?
I get that it's a little trivial to complain about in the game, but Hines really comes off as an ass in a lot of his tweets.
>>
>>318109493
that was copypastaed directly from the wiki on van buren
>>
>>318109128
Van Buren had been cancelled, but was nearly complete upon cancellation. Troika of cRPG fame was also bidding on the license, with plans to make their own Fallout. They had Tim Cain and everything.
>>
>>318106338
>the worst game ever made

Fallout 4, with all its issue's, is a stable, working game. The narrative, while barebones, is workable.

Play drake and the 99 dragons. THAT is one of the worst games ever made.
>>
>>318109493
Looks like he named his video game company after his sibling relations.
>>
>>318109591
how buggy it would have been
>>
>>318109483

>posting something thats been posted a million times from a game everyones played

oh wow im captivated
>>
>>318109591
> Van Buren had been cancelled, but was nearly complete upon cancellation.

The game engine was nearly complete. That's something completely different from the game itself being complete.
>>
>>318109640
>Stable
I don't know what the deal is but after about 20-25 hours on a given save the game becomes really unstable for me despite being fine before.

It doesn't matter that much to me because the game is a forgettable timesink but its still weird.
>>
>>318109739
I thought it would trigger the autism some people possess over Harlan Ellison.

Here, try this.
>>
>>318109868

Golly gee, you spooked me. :'(
>>
>>318109868

edgy :^)
>>
>>318109927
Look, there's not much I can do from my computer chair, but if you were light sensitive, that's one of my few methods.

The jump scare is irrelevant.
>>
>>318109860

Same thing with me, first time in boston my fps stayed at a smooth peak, but now everything slows to a crawl, even in a new playthrough
>>
>>318102982
>Fawkes
>Fallout 4 Power Armor
>Nick Valentine

Frick off, Obsidiot
>>
File: 'wow, edgy'.jpg (447 KB, 1280x1190) Image search: [Google]
'wow, edgy'.jpg
447 KB, 1280x1190
>>318110031
how moral of you
>>
>>318102682
>spend 20 hours helping brotherhood
>all an undercover op to steal the top secret bot no one knew about
>spend brotherhood quests literally extorting minuteman protected farms

yeah ok bud
>>
>>318109578
Huh. Anyway, the wikipedia says that the rights were sold after Iplay croaked.
>>
>>318105863
Its weird seeing your own website being tweeted at.
HATE NEWSPAPERS
>>
>>318109860
Mileage varies, i admit. depends on computer or other console as well. I admit that FO4 crashed to the PS menu for me last knight, but i think that was something else entirely to what happened to you

Its more stable than drake though. And thats not even going into food advertisement games, anti drug games, plug and play games.

Seriously, just watch jontron and you'll see bad games.
>>
>>318102982
>Liberty Prime
Liberty Prime was shit.

>>318110120
>>>Fawkes
Bethdrone pls
>>
>>318102682

My sanctuary is stuck at 19 people. How do I increase population? What is max population? How do I make them happy? I built all the stores at Max level but I don't get any money. What do?

Why can't I build and use stations in power armor?
>>
>>318102982
Basically everything they've added have been for the better. Sorry the villains in Fallout 4 isn't your Saturday morning cartoons they are in Fallout 1 and 2 but the series have grown up.
>>
>>318110343
10 + CHA = pop
>>
>>318110343
Population is tied to your charisma.
>>
>>318109326

I do the same thing, but with Gunner bandanas.

Skull for militia, Camo for farmers, Leopard for Scavengers, Jangles for provisioners, and Flag for traders.

I just use player.additem, though, because I shouldn't have to fix Bethesda's bullshit for them.
>>
>>318102883
This.
Fo3 felt more like fo1 and 2, this just feels like another new vegas.
Just another step forward into the boring realism department.
I'm not sure if that's what they think we wanted but it sure as hell isn't what I wanted. I wouldn't mind the occasional boring realism but the franchise more quests like the antagonizer vs the mechanist or liberty prime, fallout has always been about a healthy mix between realism and humor, best served at the same time so you get shit like the fo1 intro cinematic where up-beat patriotic music is playing to the nonchalant executions of canadian civilians.
>>
>>318110356
>but the series have grown up
This bait would be far less obvious without this.
>>
>>318110120

>fawkes
>hey bro its ur destiny to go die horribly of radiaiton :^), ill just sit over here

>fallout 4 power armor
>feels cool but lacks any real amazement as it is literally everywhere, and every type is. Also will never run out of power for them so have them on all the time, giving them even less cool factor

>Nick
Yeah he's cool, even if his backstory doesn't make much sense. Legitimately the best made Beth char in awhile
>>
>>318105156
Why are millennials allowed to post hear? I can smell the faggot underage from behind my screen.
>>
File: Shouldn't Have Opened That Door.gif (122 KB, 828x658) Image search: [Google]
Shouldn't Have Opened That Door.gif
122 KB, 828x658
>>318110476
>this just feels like another new vegas
i wish
>>
File: 95952.gif (8 KB, 157x111) Image search: [Google]
95952.gif
8 KB, 157x111
>>318103169
can somebody explain to me this maymay
>>
>>318110356

>villains in F4 are a bunch of people in an underground lab only able to be reached by teleportation doing mad scientist tier experiments and have terminators do their dirty work for them
>not saturday morning cartoon tier
>>
>>318104873
whats wrong with the pic?
>>
>>318103169
Why is everybody freaking out about this picture? I'm scared that I opened it
>>
>>318110609
Just pretend there are 30 skill checks for every mundane ass conversation and blamo, new vegas.
It even kept FT for some retarded fucking reason.
God damnit DT was so stupid, but it's so obviously there when you're wielding a minigun
>>
>>318110476
>Fo3 felt more like 2
did u not play 2
>>
File: 1433051655613.jpg (21 KB, 267x267) Image search: [Google]
1433051655613.jpg
21 KB, 267x267
>>318110228
>Seriously, just watch jontron and you'll see bad games.

And bad videos
>>
>>318110725
your computer is going to melt soon, retard. you're fucked. good luck
>>
>>318110774
Did you? Fo3 feels ESPECIALLY like 2.
Fo1 was way more grounded in reality, fo2 was 90% retarded funny shit and popculture references.
>>
>>318110739
>Just pretend there are 30 skill checks for every mundane ass conversation and blamo, new vegas.

My imagination can only go so far.

SUPPORT SKILL CHECKS
HATE SKILL CHECKS
SKILL CHECKS?
SARCASTIC
>>
File: 1447100649049.jpg (111 KB, 1632x1652) Image search: [Google]
1447100649049.jpg
111 KB, 1632x1652
>>318103169
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BULLSHIT
WHY IS EVERYBODY FREAKING OUT OVER IT
EXPLAIN IT TO MEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>318110228
>I admit that FO4 crashed to the PS menu for me last knight, but i think that was something else entirely to what happened to you

>that feel when still playing the buggy ass beta from 2 days before launch, no patches, hasn't crashed once in 40 hours

>Seriously, just watch jontron and you'll see bad games.
18+ board faggot.
>>
>>318110895

>hate the abbreviated options
>get mod to get full text
>see that they are almost all identical

I dont know which I hate worse
>>
>>318105468
sry myron invented it you're a faggot
>>
>>318110621
It's the best example of people getting laughs out of people's hivemind drone mentality and then the hivemind drones doing the same thing with the new joke.
>>
>>318110914
It's a meme now grandpa
>>
>Liberty Prime

Wait wait wait, what the fuck? Didn't it get absolutely fucking vaporized back in Fallout 3? How does it still exist? Someone explain right fucking now.
>>
>>318111117

IT

JUST

WERKS
>>
>>318110257
>Hurr I hate everything in 3 and 4 because simply because Bethesda made it

And Obsidrones wonder why people hate them
>>
>>318110739
Should I also pretend that there are multiple types of ammo for every gun and that there aren't 5 guns in total?

At what point do I just go outside and point sticks around shouting "BANG BANG"?
>>
>>318110343

You only make money from shops if you have idle settlers. Anybody with a job won't shop. So the best way to get money from it is to specialize settlements. Have a settlement that just farms and/or makes water, connect it with a supply chain to a settlement that has a bunch of jobless settlers and shops for them to spend money in.

It's stupid, but there you go.
>>
>>318111117
Didn't you read the thread? No one at Bethesda is interested in consistency and logic.
>>
>>318110895
Here, after every conversation selection in fo4 just read the second half of this post...

>[10 str] AUTO-RESOLVE QUEST, MY CHARACTER IS STRONG, GIB REWARD PLZ
>[10 per] AUTO-RESOLVE QUEST, MY CHARACTER SEE GOOD, GIB REWARD PLZ
>[10 end] AUTO-RESOLVE QUEST, MY CHARACTER IS TOUGH, GIB REWARD PLZ
>[10 cha] AUTO-RESOLVE QUEST, MY CHARACTER IS SUAVE, GIB REWARD PLZ
>[10 int] AUTO-RESOLVE QUEST, MY CHARACTER IS SMART, GIB REWARD PLZ
>[10 agi] AUTO-RESOLVE QUEST, MY CHARACTER IS NINJA, GIB REWARD PLZ
>[10 luck] AUTO-RESOLVE QUEST, MY CHARACTER IS LUCKY, GIB REWARD PLZ

Or code it into a mod, call it "total conversion from fo4 to nv mod" and roleplay all you want.
>>
>>318111117
>vaporized
No, it got fucked from orbit but pieces of it were intact
>>
>>318110798
>>318110965
congratulations. You made hyperbolic reactions to a semi famous youtuber.

Doesn't dissuade from the point any.
>>
>>318110739
>it's so obviously there when you're wielding a minigun
With the last patch, 5mm gets -10DT modifier. 5mm AP gets -25DT. This means anything not wearing a powered armour is naked vs. a minigun. Deathclaws, Lanius, Legion boys, whatever. Just load those AP and go fucking crazy.

>>318111201
Almost everything. Powered armours look really good in 4.
>>
>>318111117
why?

who need lore and consistency in a game series?
>>
>>318111225
>Should I also pretend that there are multiple types of ammo for every gun and that there aren't 5 guns in total?
What's the difference, it saves you the effort of selling all non-ap ammo.
>>
>>318111117
>Prime explodes
>BoS collects head and various parts
>stuffs it into their ballon for no reason
>ask guy who joined 5 minutes ago to collect a couple toilet seats, a magnet and 5 cans to build Prime
>>
>>318111284

b8

anyways

>run into farm in wasteland where its clearly their only source of income
>can freely pick all their plants right in front of them

>meanwhile in NV
>small front garden in someone yard
>picking their plants is stealing

I guess that would have been too hard for Bethesda to figure out
>>
File: you spin me right round.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
you spin me right round.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>318110476

>Fo3 felt more like fo1 and 2, this just feels like another new vegas.

>>
So I went to vault 81 because you people won't stop sperging over Curie, and I scoured every inch of the vault with the only quests being shit like talk to school children and rescue a cat.

Where the fuck is this frog robot bitch?
>>
>>318111117
Stop nitpicking you fucking loser, who gives a shit about little details like that?
>>
>>318111307
Sure it does, you outed yourself as being 9 and/or having the opinions of a 9 year old.
>>
>>318111468
Do the quests you impatient sperg.
>>
>>318111239
>You only make money from shops if you have idle settlers
what the fuck todd

I was hoping I'd start seeing more travelers come purely to trade and caravans besides the 5 set roaming ones come to stock up.

>>318111284
You're pretty good at writing. Not obsidian tier, but I think you;d be able to inject a lot of fresh ideas into bethesda or pop-cap.
>>
>>318111451
The difference is food grows everywhere in fo4, while new vegas and it's surrounded towns have 400 people surviving on 10 corn stalks.
>>
>>318106774
>never get any raiders

dude waht?
>>
>>318111515
and you outed yourself as stupid for trying to assume age from a ready example.

Regardless of whether you actually like jontron or not, he does play a lot of legitimately bad games.
>>
>>318109483
Someone needs to replace every instance of HATE with HATE NEWSPAPER in that pic.
>>
>>318111468

Rescue the cat, cunt.
>>
>>318111426
Should I also pretend that the factions are lead by somewhat reasonable human beans who have logic and that I can't literally almost lead every faction at the same time?

That outside with sticks idea is getting pretty appealing.
>>
>>318111468

I'm not going to rat it out so you can cheese it.
>>
>>318111583
>Not obsidian tier,
I couldn't possibly figured out how to make as many inconsistencies and contradictions fit into a conversation as obsidian, they are by far the best at it, I appreciate that you even consider me in the running.
>>
>>318110636
> Institute
> Bad guys

Only bad guys are BoS.
>>
>>318111553
>>318111658

I did them all, and spoke to every named NPC in there at least twice.

The only thing I couldn't access was a master locked terminal.

>>318111680
Gotcha ;)
>>
>>318111583

Yeah, the settler system is bare-bones and tacked on. I'm sure a DLC is coming, and in the mean time, mods. It was just thrown together to give a skeleton and be a blurb on the box. It won't be actually fully developed until later. Yay modern gaming.
>>
>>318111597

>thinks NV is supplied by local farms

confirmed for never playing the game you dumb retard, they get their food from california
>>
>>318111597

Wut. The farms were huge in NV.

>>318111721

Some time needs to go by. Rest for a few days and come back.
>>
>>318111707

Okay

>guys are super hostile to people they dislike and show up with super duper armor suits in a big ass blimp
>not saturday morning cartoon tier
>>
>>318111707
>Only

Literally all three factions are the bad guys.

Yes even the Railroad.
>>
>>318111682
>I couldn't possibly figured out how to make as many inconsistencies and contradictions fit into a conversation as obsidian

serve me up some my man

straight from the wiki if you like
>>
>>318111721

Go to the doctor, donate blood, it's an unmarked quest. Leave for a day or two and come back, you should get a quest under the misc tracker thing to go talk to the doctor again.
>>
>>318111665
>Should I also pretend that the factions are lead by somewhat reasonable human beans who have logic
I thought you were comparing fo4 to new vegas, not VTMB or deus ex.
You can't even sit through one conversation with any single "leader of a faction" without questioning if the person you're talking to isn't completely fucked in the head.
Luckily 2 of the 3 faction heads are actually medically fucked in the head, (cancer, and a 70 year coma) so atleast there's one bit of writing in that game that isn't incoherent as fuck.
>>
File: 1445478907668.jpg (40 KB, 529x404) Image search: [Google]
1445478907668.jpg
40 KB, 529x404
>>318102682
not related, but
>Skyrim's Destroy the Dark Brotherhood quest wasn't a region-wide manhunt ending with an all-out raid on the final lair

it was the most fucking disappointing thing (aside from Metroid: Other M)
>>
>>318107969
this really makes the people bitching over the terminal look like children. It's That fucking "a wizard did it" simpsons sketch
>>
>>318111468
> Get asked to get the cat
> "Where the fuck is the quest guys?"
> Get back
> "Someone got bitten by a strange creature! Oh wow! if only someone would go down there and check it out!"

I swear, half the problem with 4 is that unless it's an explicit arrow showing you where to do everything, half the people will miss it and the series will die. Any kind of subtlety have constantly resulted in people shitposting on /v/ for missing it.
>>
File: 1448416114445.jpg (31 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1448416114445.jpg
31 KB, 540x540
>kill paladin danse
>>
> Vault 95 has pre-war Jet in it

I am actually triggered.
>>
>>318111871
How about mass effect 3?
>>
>>318111837
You've convinced me.

I'm now going to go outside and play Fallout 4 with my sticks.
>>
File: wat.png (109 KB, 250x213) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
109 KB, 250x213
>>318106506
w-what program?
>>
>>318111903
It doesn't always trigger upon returning to the Vault.
>>
>>318111926
I don't play bioware shit
>>
>>318107006
>- I can't find supply chain guys but maybe they're out there in the wastes or some shit
They're called provisioners, you see them walking in and out of settlements.
>>
>MIT
>Mr. House is never even mentioned

You can ignore it but it won't go away, Toddster.
>>
>>318111729
Yeah by trading all their sand and piles of rubble.
>>318111787
>The farms were huge in NV.
Yeah, look at this massive sprawling farm.
And this encompasses 90% of the farming in the mojave, outside of this there's like 1 tiny patch of shit in novac and 1 in the snowy place.
If there was one person living in each of those farm houses this wouldn't be enough to feed them alone.
>>
>>318111903
That problem is literally caused by the fact that every quest gives you nothing except an explicit arrow showing you where to do everything.

Where else in the game does showing up at a later date give you something new when there isn't a quest literally telling you to do just that.
>>
>>318112075
There are some crops in Goodsprings. It's abstracted a bit because otherwise the game would be all farms, I guess, but it's there.
>>
>>318112107
silver shadow armor, virgil's tonic
>>
Is it worth doing a 10 CHA run so I can win every speech check.

Also
> No more skill checks in dialog
Goddamn could we just have Perk checks like some gunnut wants to know if you can build guns and your Gunsmith 4 will let you pass the check
>>
>>318112047
man I sent a provisioner from warwick farm to the island because I figured why not

caused warwick to never get any supplies and I have never been able to find the provisioner again so I've just got a guy/supplyline stuck from warwick to the island forever
>>
>>318111812
>house spent 220 years alone (70 of which was in a coma, so lets say 150 years)
>didn't just make a new chip
>proceeded to search a massive fucking desert for 150 years instead
Best part is when he loses it a second time he hires the retard who lost it the second time to get it back, despite the fact you've already proven you are litterally fucking useless, and a braindead caravan runner has a higher success ratio of crossing the mojave than you.
>>
>>318111837
>2
BOS is lead by an unreasonable zealot. That's some kind of fucked in the head.
>>
>people still think pre war jet and post war jet are the same thing
>>
>>318112075

>Yeah by trading all their sand and piles of rubble.

b8
>>
File: 1437170200461.jpg (12 KB, 407x286) Image search: [Google]
1437170200461.jpg
12 KB, 407x286
I finished the main questline with the BoS ending yet I keep wanting to start over for some reason. It just seemed unfufilling for some reason, but on the other hand I know restarting and aiming for a different ending isn't going to change that feeling.
>>
>>318112160

>Is it worth doing a 10 CHA run so I can win every speech check.

Just quicksave and reload till you succeed

Not like it matters though, 90% of speech checks are just "gibs me mo' caps"
>>
>>318112182
pre war jet if existed isnt called "jet".
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 89

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.