[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Neverwinter Nights
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 24
File: Neverwinternights_logo.jpg (17 KB, 365x280) Image search: [Google]
Neverwinternights_logo.jpg
17 KB, 365x280
Neverwinter Nights
>>
A Dance with Rogues
>>
>>318096124
Fucking a whore in the brothel was a disappointment for me when I first played the game. I was expecting it to have some effects and to graphic.
>>
Alwayssummer Days
>>
File: NWN2 Facelift pack.jpg (601 KB, 1913x937) Image search: [Google]
NWN2 Facelift pack.jpg
601 KB, 1913x937
Facelift
>>
File: 1434039611866.jpg (26 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1434039611866.jpg
26 KB, 380x380
>>318096215
>nothing has surpassed this mod yet
>>
Bioware finally pulled the plug on their NWN1 premium module auth server. Up until a couple months ago, the server would let anyone auth so the premium modules were effectively freeware. But they shut that server down. The modules are encrypted, and the keys were sent on demand and not saved.

But luckily, someone got all the encryption keys and made a tool to let you generate 'dat' files that let the game use the premium modules offline:
http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/tool/premium-module-offline-authenticator-generator

The premium modules themselves are available here:
http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/bioware-premium-modules
>>
File: Southwest Faerun, Chult.jpg (591 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Southwest Faerun, Chult.jpg
591 KB, 1920x1080
World Map
>>
>>318097496

SoZ was such a letdown.
>>
File: Southeast Faerun.jpg (492 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Southeast Faerun.jpg
492 KB, 1920x1080
>>318097602
Oh that ain't SoZ
>>
>>318096124
I believe that most of my playtime was inside the Pretty Good Character Creator module (plus silly map/item creation on the toolset). I wish more RPG games had D&D levels of game-breaking customization instead of caring so much about "muh balance".

>>318097259
>http://neverwintervault.org/
I guess the old vault is truly dead, then. Luckily I still have all my "incompatibility bullshit that more trouble than it's worth" hakpaks on a backup file. I spent too much time editing basic files just to install an stupid outdated sword model.

Is the "authenticator" really necessary? I remember being able to play Infinite Dungeons (fucking long ass loading times) and that incomplete witch module just fine.
>>
>>318097995
If you don't have a 'dat' file in your 'premium' folder, you won't be able to play Infinite Dungeons anymore. Same with Pirates of the Sword Coast and Wyvern Crown.

Kingmaker, Shadowguard, and Witch's Wake are also premium modules, but 'dat' files are included in the Diamond edition of the game.
>>
are the premium modules any good?
>>
Great game, lots of great fanmade modules.

I prefer NWN1 over NWN2. NWN2 has better graphics, but almost everything else is a step back. The only other improvements it made were direct party control and the quickcast menu, but those aren't enough to mitigate my problems with it.

I just wish it used a different magic system. I hate Vancian magic.
>>
>>318096124
Buyed a cd on flea market.The Vanilla game is good?
>>
Good timing. Just started another playthrough of Mask of the Betrayer. Fucking excellent, that expansion is, I wish it wasn't attached to the mediocre original campaign. I also wish I wasn't so terrible at the game. I can manage all the classic infinity engine games just fine, but NWN 2 kicks my ass, no idea why. I'm just shit I guess.

Also: Akachi Was Right
>>
File: nwn2main 2014-12-26 12-31-01-86.jpg (244 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nwn2main 2014-12-26 12-31-01-86.jpg
244 KB, 1920x1080
>>318099189
>I hate Vancian magic.
Kaedrin PRC fixes it with Reserve Feats

>NWN2 has better graphics, but almost everything else is a step back.
The only thing that's worse in NWN2 is the lack of that radial menu
>>
>>318098770
I thought they were mostly disappointing. Witch's Wake and Shadowguard are unfinished. Kingmaker was alright. Pirates of the Sword Coast and Wyvern Crown of Cormyr just didn't hold my interest. Darkness over Daggerford was my favorite, hands down. It was complete, fairly lengthy, and it had a decent plot with some memorable moments. You can also get it on the Neverwinter Vault and install it without any awkward workarounds; the premium module program was cancelled before it came out, so they released it for free.
>>
File: nwn2main 2015-04-16 23-12-14-29.jpg (233 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nwn2main 2015-04-16 23-12-14-29.jpg
233 KB, 1920x1080
>>318099268
>NWN 2 kicks my ass
But why anon?
Just play a cleric/favored soul if you want an easy time
Or fighter/frenzied berserker with 2h weapons
>>
Anyone played on WoI?
I fucking hated the circlejerk and admin ass kissing that place had
>>
>>318099197

Not really. The OG campaign is probably Bioware's worst game. However, Shadows of the Unrentide is solid and Hordes of the Underdark is actually pretty damn great.

Neverwinter Nights is more about the multiplayer and modding anyway
>>
>>318100071

It's more that I always pick more conversation-focused characters in most RPGs I play, and I keep forgetting how much this game kicks your ass if you don't spec hard towards combat in late game and in MotB.
>>
>>318099197
The main campaign isn't great, though it's not terrible either. The expansions are better, especially Hordes of the Underdark.
>>
>>318100365
Anon by the time MOTB starts every single build is capable of wrecking shit especially with the ridiculous weapon/gear enchantments you can make, including rogues which are also good on OC despite what people claim
Make a bard then, they are op in NWN2 actually and have all dialogue skills as class skills
>>
I swear I'll play these games some day, b-but my backlog
>>
>tfw you will never fuck Neeshka
Why even live
>>
The CEP thing is only for certain modules that specify I need it, right?

So theres no point grabbing it if I'm just playing the premium mods and whatever?
>>
>>318096396
>faces now look good
>hair, body, equipment all still look like garbage
I prefer nwn1.
>>
I recently found out that a sequel to Witch's Wake was never made. Not even a fan-made one.

That was the best module on the Kingmaker expansion too.
>>
File: nwn2main 2014-12-18 13-01-38-46.jpg (237 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nwn2main 2014-12-18 13-01-38-46.jpg
237 KB, 1920x1080
>>318100969
Pretty sure there's a mod for that, there were some leftovers in the game already anyways
>>
File: download (6).jpg (9 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
9 KB, 257x196
>>318100614

I'm sure I could do that, but I'm terrible at the game, as we've established. It's also been about 4 years since I last played. Pic related is how I feel this playthrough. I've started at MotB cause I can't be fucked going through the OC, and I'm playing a Swashbuckler/Neverwinter Nine who specializes in getting his shit ruined. I think I just need to get back into the swing of things.
>>
>>318100071
>favored soul
>easy time
More like tedious time.
My favored soul warpriest had to spend at least a minute after resting to stack all the buffs unless I wanted to get slaughtered (in MotB of course, vanilla ez)
>>
>>318096215
So good. Being a slutty princess is the best.
>>
>>318101185
I'm like you and was much better with the 2nd Ed. ruleset. I'm pretty sure the way to do it with 3rd Ed is to just stack everything you can into a cheese build.
>>
File: Safiya_portrait.jpg (11 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
Safiya_portrait.jpg
11 KB, 128x128
>>318100969

>Implying that Safiya isn't Best Girl

Shit taste desu senpai baka
>>
I THINK ITS TIME EVERYONE MARCHED BEHIND ME, YOUR NEW GLORIOUS LEADER
>>
>>318101453

>no chemistry or development
>"btw I'm in love with you"

No.
>>
File: nwn2main 2015-07-18 23-23-02-76.jpg (462 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nwn2main 2015-07-18 23-23-02-76.jpg
462 KB, 1920x1080
>>318101128
There's also a lot of better hair packs actually, I just don't bother with them
For equipment there are many imports from other games like Kotor
For body there are nude and improved models
Be honest anon, the models in NWN1 are that disgusting kind of early blocky 3D

>>318101423
2nd in BG was way limited
No class combos besides the already established multiclasses or duals, but no prestige classes, no mixing 4 classes, no skills, no feats

>>318101185
Well anon, NWN9 is a pretty bad PRC, as in useless . Anyways for a swash just dual wield and use op enchantments on your weapons with stacking elemental damage
>>
>>318101817

>He prefers generic tsundere mischief over batshit insane reincarnation romance

It's like you relish having shit taste, senpai.
>>
Why does nearly nobody play this shit co-op?
>>
>>318100614
Bards are asking for trouble in MotB. How does one survive?
>>
>>318101829
>No class combos besides the already established multiclasses or duals, but no prestige classes, no mixing 4 classes, no skills, no feats
I'm not seeing the problem. FUCK that shit.
>>
What are some good social classes for surviving MotB? Do I need to stack that saving throw?
>>
>>318102036

>romance

Suddenly saying "lol I love you" at the very end of the quest isn't romance, it's an ass pull.
>>
>>318101829
Oh, I enjoy the free-form stuff with the newer rules, but 2nd Ed just werks for me, since I spent so many years playing tabletop.
>>
>>318102368
She is not you waifu. She is a clone of your waifu.
>>
>>318099857
>Kaedrin PRC fixes it with Reserve Feats
That's only for NWN2, if I'm not mistaken.

>The only thing that's worse in NWN2 is the lack of that radial menu
IMO, the whole UI was worse. The minimap was useless. The inventory was a pain to use - I don't care for grid inventories, but at least NWN1 gave you a good idea of what things were at a glance. NWN2's inventory makes everything - from a potion to a full suit of platemail - into a tiny square. It's a pain in the ass, especially at higher resolutions.

I also don't care for the new dialogue system. It works okay when things are voiced, but most fan modules don't have voice acting, and that's where you run into problems. The dialogue will still advance automatically and roughly in proportion to how many words are on screen, but it still ends up feeling awkward; sometimes I'll read the whole thing several seconds before it advances, but I don't want to click to advance it for fear of accidentally skipping the next line as well. Other times, shorter lines will go by before I can read them. In NWN1, you could usually just click the Continue button when you were ready and advance the dialogue at your own pace.

In NWN1, I really liked using Customize Character Override to change how my gear looked. NWN2 doesn't allow for that level of customization because instead of armor being a bunch of separate pieces that can be switched around or colored individually, they're all one piece.

NWN1 also has far more modules available for it, because NWN2's toolset is apparently a lot harder to work with.
>>
>>318101829
>Be honest anon, the models in NWN1 are that disgusting kind of early blocky 3D
Not that anon, but I actually like them because of that. They look kinda like action figures in a tabletop game. And I prefer "blocky ugly models" over "detailed ugly models".
>>
An NWN thread? Nice

I fondly remember NWN multiplayer, especially Arena servers.

I've told this story many times before but me and another player named Jen were the first to create the dragon build using druids epic shapeshifting talents. It was refined later to be better with bard and other classes but ours was the first. I still remember people asking how the hell I was a dragon when I finally got to max level and unlocked it, since the build required you be shit for until the second to last level.
>>
>>318102560
>The dialogue will still advance automatically and roughly in proportion to how many words are on screen, but it still ends up feeling awkward; sometimes I'll read the whole thing several seconds before it advances, but I don't want to click to advance it for fear of accidentally skipping the next line as well.
I know your pain. I recently ran into this problem again while playing SWTOR.

>NWN1 also has far more modules available for it, because NWN2's toolset is apparently a lot harder to work with.
Absolute truth. In NWN1 I made a shitty little module that I hosted for the sole purpose of allowing people to quickly and efficiently create pre-made characters to any level. Tried to make it more involved and fun than the typical 'choose all your shit from a dialog window' stuff of the time, for example, I had training dummies and every time you punched one, you'd gain the preset amount of levels. Level 1 dummy gave 1 level, level 5 dummy gave 5 levels, ect.

When I tried to do something similar in NWN2, I was fucking lost because the toolset was so completely different and annoying and hard to use.
>>
>>318102368

If you actually pursue romantic conversation options, the romance is actually really well done. If you avoid them, she's not in love with you, she's in love with Akachi. I'm pretty sure she admits it if you press her on it unless you're on the romance with her beforehand.
>>
>>318096124
nwn music is one of my favorites of all time

rich house nwn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ENvMbHpB6M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MomJDs-Tg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnPJaMq90uw
>>
File: nwn2main 2015-02-16 14-37-08-55.jpg (513 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nwn2main 2015-02-16 14-37-08-55.jpg
513 KB, 1920x1080
>>318102118
Because I have no one to play it with and I already asked here but never got an answer

>>318102160
Anon-kun
At level 21 a bard gets something called Hymn of Requiem
>This song damages all enemies within 20 ft for 5 rounds. The total sonic damage caused is equal to twice your perform skill; the minimum damage caused per target is one-third your perform
This improves to Hymn of Requiem at level 27 which does the same except it also HEALS your entire party for the same amount
This is a passive activated ability that completely rapes single targets and greatly softens mobs, and lasts an entire minute if you have Lingering Song feat which you should.
At level 20+ a bard also has:
>passive defense song that gives entire party +5 stacking AC
>passive attack song that gives entire party +4 ab/damage
>Curse Song from feat that greatly debuffs all enemies with huge aoe
>Song of Heroism that gives one party member +4 stacking AC, +4 saving throws and +4 hp/level as temporary HP
>Legionnaire's March song that sets your entire party AB to whoever has the highest AB, thus also granting them extra attacks
As a bard you also have many of the best defensive mage buffs such as Mirror Image, Displacement, Greater Invisibility
And other great buffs like Heroism, Greater Heroism, Haste, with medium bab progression, higher HP than mages, access to light armor such as chainshirts while being able to cast on it, ability to multiclass with blackguard/cleric for CHA to AC as Divine Shield and CHA to saving throws
Honestly NWN2 made bards quite OP to be fair
>>
Why is Aribeth one of, if not the worst Bioware NPC outside of Bastilla?
>>
>>318103035
Hearing that music again is really making me want to reinstall. I absolutely hated NWN2 and everything about it
>>
>>318103096
NWN2 did nothing but make songs hotswappable passives like IWD2 did because NWN2 spams combat at the player. They're actually much stronger in the tabletop game thanks to stuff like Dragonfire Inspiration and Words of Creation and similar abilities that make them excellent.
>>
>>318103096
One of these days Im gonna finish that shitty ass campaign I was making that makes bards totally useless and very clearly demonstrates this when one tries to use a song and promptly gets smacked in the face.

Magic is one thing, but playing a fucking guitar is stupid in the middle of battle.
>>
>>318103096
Now I want to try it again. All I remember from playing a bard on MotB was dying over and over to dream enemies.
>>
>>318103547
Time to trigger your PTSD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cINoBFdZ3M
>>
>>318103615
>>318103547
Bards are great until you need to 1 vs 1 a boss.
>>
>>318103096
Problem with bard is, if you want to be a good fighter, you gotta give up the best songs. If you want to be a good bard, you got to give up fighting with swords.
>>
>>318101389
>not being a pure princess whose innocence is exploited
Wish there were more rp opportunities for this personality
>>
>>318104032
This is completely wrong.
>>
>>318096396

This just makes them all look like they've either had extensive plastic surgery or are detailed barbie dolls.

Like, damn, I can't even begin to wrap my mind around how stupid it is they have the creepy stalker chick who's lived in the woods pretty much her entire life and doesn't even keep twigs and shit out of her hair wearing makeup.
>>
>>318104161
Do enlighten us anon.
>>
>>318096396
They look like Puerto Rican whores
>>
>>318104032
>>318104032
But anon, you don't. Most songs are passives that you just need to turn on, the others you just use a round to cast them
Bards already have good ab and damage by themselves because of Inspire Courage and Heroism/Greater Heroism + Legionnaire's March

>>318103675
1vs1 is easiest in MOTB because your Song of Requiem deals full damage against the boss
Bards are also pretty much unhittable because of the defensive mage buffs and you can give them shields/more ac through feats
>>
>>318103242
I remember some guy made three whole modules with the NWN1 toolset about Aribeth being your waifu and (apparently) pretty much nothing else. It also uses the Romantic Animations Suite so it certainly includes lots and lots of fucking.
I don't like her either, but I'm kinda curious about these modules.
>>
>>318104343
Thanks anon!

Be right back, reinstalling.
>>
Just bought Diamond edition and NWN2 complete o a gog sale. What should I expect? Any recommended mods?
>>
>>318104032
That's not a problem, that's just how any jack of all trades functions. You specialize in an area and because they're a jack of all trades, they're still functional outside of their area of specialization.
>>
File: Valsharess.jpg (15 KB, 254x399) Image search: [Google]
Valsharess.jpg
15 KB, 254x399
drow
>>
>>318104261
I shouldn't need to, have you actually played the Bard class?
>>
File: nwn2main 2015-02-22 20-34-40-15.jpg (170 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nwn2main 2015-02-22 20-34-40-15.jpg
170 KB, 1920x1080
>>318104431
Do yourself a favour and install Kaedrin PRC while you are at it.
You've already played vanilla, why not go with lots of more options now
bard is even more op with it
I also forgot, bards get the best skills as class skills, all dialogue, have access to UMD so can use all gear in game with no class restriction + mage/cleric wands and scrolls from all classes

>>318104512
NWN2: Facelift, Kaedrin PRC, HD UI
Vordan's Hero Creator if you want to test builds

>>318104556
male drow
>>
>All these people who like NWN1 over NWN2

I have so many hours in NWN2, then when I went to try out NWN1 it had clunky controls, felt bland, and it was ugly. I just couldn't get into it. The first campaign in NWN2 felt more enjoyable.
>>
>>318104809
Also get the get all companions in MotB cheat.
>>
>>318103035
You forgot this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ3s8ywQlKA
>>
>>318104809
Thanks anon!
>>
>>318096124
Man...Literally BioWare's last video game.... I miss them.
>>
>Kaedrin STILL hasn't released v1.46.

He finally got back into it again after all this time, but just can't put anything out yet. Man.
>>
>>318097735
>>318097496
NwN2 had a world map? Didn't know, or is it some sort of module?
>>
File: 1351042288519.jpg (16 KB, 400x537) Image search: [Google]
1351042288519.jpg
16 KB, 400x537
>>318104854
TRIGGERED
>>
>>318104854
NWN2 was a GREAT 3.5 system game, but it was NOT as good at storytelling as NWN1 was. But when most people say they like NWN1 more than things, they're talking about Hordes of the Underdark.
>>
File: NWN2.Golem.Portrait.jpg (295 KB, 941x768) Image search: [Google]
NWN2.Golem.Portrait.jpg
295 KB, 941x768
>>318100071
I'm guessing you play on the Sigil server?

Here's my golem on there.
>>
>>318101573
fuck off back to luskan sand. you fraud.
>>
File: nwn2main 2014-12-25 13-03-15-23.jpg (298 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nwn2main 2014-12-25 13-03-15-23.jpg
298 KB, 1920x1080
Also if you want NWN2 modules to play
Path of Evil
Wulverheim
Both are actual beefy campaigns taking you from level 1-20+
Path of Evil is huge, has a worldmap, non linear, freedom to explore, lots of skill checks, vast amount of quests and content, takes place all over the 4 corners of Faerun. I think it's even bigger than the OC itself

>>318105038
It's Path of Evil.
SoZ had a worldmap but it was pretty clunky

>>318105115
I play there every now and then, but sadly that's the only NWN2 server where at times I get huge amounts of lag that make it unplayable
Currently waiting for the return of Realm of Darkness

>>318105034
I LITERALLY CHECK THAT FUCKING PAGE EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DAY EVER SINCE SEPTEMBER, GIVE ME MY FORCE MAGE ALREADY
>>
>>318100969
>implying it wouldn't be neeshka fucking you.
>>
>>318105564
>Path of Evil

Good to know, I will write it down. Does it add anything else aside from the campaign itself? New classes? Races?
>>
>>318104854
>clunky controls
That's my main gripe about nwn2. Shit's floaty, and it feels like there's invisible walls fucking everywhere. Might have something to do with the garbage animations too. Camera feels like it can't do anything right either.

>>318105084
>when most people say they like NWN1 more than things, they're talking about Hordes of the Underdark.
I preferred custom modules and player worlds. The toolset was a lot better in nwn1 than 2 as well. nwn1 felt like it was more about the toolset and custom content while the official campaigns were more like demonstrations of what was possible with them.
>>
>>318105910
>2nd reply

Yeah, the community at large was also a lot bigger with the first game so we got more competant stuff
>>
File: best party member.jpg (359 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
best party member.jpg
359 KB, 1920x1080
>>318105726
Not really, but it's compatible with Kaedrin PRC which already adds a ton of spells, feats, base and prestige classes
The beginning is a bit slow but as soon as you leve Neverwiner you get to explore the entire world map although obviously it does not level scale. If you have sufficient skills you can check the estimated level for each area like survival or lore depending on the place
>>
Would anons recommend the exe fix for multiplayer if I am only aiming for single player?
>>
Oh, many nwn2 buffs also make you characters glow and shine like christmas trees, so you can always install Less Obtrusive Spell Buffs if you prefer them to be well... less obtrusive.
>>
Is Neverwinter vault or the Nexus site trustworthy? I heard there was one site with tons of bit miners included in the mods.
>>
>>318106438
It's the internet, 4chan isn't trustworthy either. just don't download stupid ass shit.
>>
>>318104854
>it had clunky controls, felt bland, and it was ugly
I actually had the same reaction when I first played NWN2. I'm not sure what I was expecting when I first played it, though (I guess I was a bit unfair). Maybe I should give it a second chance someday.
Then I tried NWN1 and I easily accepted the "annoying" parts of the engine because "it is a really old ass game, give it a break". After I got used to it I ended up enjoying it way more than I expected. The toolset is really fucking fun.
>>
>>318106245
Yes. The game goes full retard with desynch if you don't.
>>
>>318106258
Fuck I hated this in every D&D game. They require you to stack buffs like a motherfucker and then you look all retarded. Then they zoom right into your dumb ugly super-buffed face for conversations.
>>
>>318096215
>A Dance with Rogues
Oh god, that part in the temple, the ritual with the demon dogs was the fucking best. Video game erotica just hasn't measured up.
>>
>>318106874
Thanks anon!

Companion AI fix - Worth it? Or CPU slow down?
>>
>>318096215
Why there isn't a proper standalone game that has a story like this yet I have no fucking idea. There's so much potential for real lewd rpgs, I want them to exist.
>>
>>318107173
Learn Japanese.
>>
I played through NWN1 and the expansions with some bros and had a blast.

Tried the same thing with NWN2 and we didn't make it far. Every time a player talks to a merchant or NPC the whole game pauses and everyone is stuck, so simple things like buying items are made to be a huge pain. This plus how boring the story starts in NWN2 made us stop.

But I see you guys talking up NWN2 and the MOTB. Is it worth sticking it out for a while longer?
>>
>>318096215
Do later romance scenes get better in part 2, really early ones seem a lot shorter and less descriptive than most the part 1 scenes.
>>
>>318105564
My problem with Path of Evil is that you...forced to be evil.

And I've never really been an evil player.
>>
>>318107445
not even the expansions can save that turd of a game
>>
File: 1402635492768.jpg (42 KB, 438x479) Image search: [Google]
1402635492768.jpg
42 KB, 438x479
>>318096124
>tfw playing NWN1 as a kobold
>>
>>318107445
It's kinda the same deal as NWN1, the expansions are the best parts imo. I like both MOTB and Zehir quite a lot.

Also theres a remake mod of BG1 in NWN2, it's preddy good.
>>
File: 1448593469982.jpg (144 KB, 510x479) Image search: [Google]
1448593469982.jpg
144 KB, 510x479
neverwinter 2 was such dogshit
MotB was fucking stupid too

anyone who favors NWN2 over NWN1 is a fucking neo-faggot hipster

DnD games are so fucking pathetic
they have the most ancient simple primitive mechanics, but DnD tries to be this complicated deep cryptic bullshit, when it's the exact opposite from the truth

DnD is such fucking cancer
>>
File: 1445391826560.jpg (46 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
1445391826560.jpg
46 KB, 500x379
>Want to play through the more popular DnD games
>Still on Baldur's Gate 1

I'll get to Neverwinter Nights one of these days.
>>
>>318107882
>>318107534
Can you skip to MOTB or is the base campaign's story necessary?
>>
>>318108002
1/10 for making me reply at least
>>
>no good turn-based D&D game
>it's always fucking pause-based
Why live senpai
>>
>>318107490
Same here. And not even because I'm such a white knight, it's just that everyone in every rpg I played where you have the option to be evil is so fucking nice to you. I don't want to be an asshole to nice people, I want to be an even bigger asshole to other assholes. Maybe some nice people get screwed in the process, but everything's so black and white and horribly written usually, does any game/module actually do an evil story right?
>>
File: based turn.png (201 KB, 960x721) Image search: [Google]
based turn.png
201 KB, 960x721
>>318108306
???
>>
>>318108463
>KotC
>good
>>
File: Berserk_wallpapers_13.jpg (431 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_wallpapers_13.jpg
431 KB, 1600x1000
>>318107539
>joined a server with playable kobolds
>there was an entire hidden kobold community
>politics as a lesser race vs drow, bugbears, goblins and other bullies
>tfw submissive on the outside but secretly plotting every single non-kobold player's terribly violent demise
I think I wanted to play a kobold barbarian with a bastard sword since it was the small race's equivalent of a fullblade and play some kind of kobold-guts. Didn't work out, but fun times were had.
>>
>>318108306
Temple of elemental evil. After you make it playable with that Circle of Eight patch the one main drawback of the game was that it took D&D rules too seriously, what with paladins falling at every other opportunity and shit like identify costing 100 gold every time you cast it. Pretty good game though.

If you want more turn-based stuff, there's Divinity Original Sin. It's not D&D, but still does the thing.
>>
Remember that site that had all the mods and went down?

Reminded not to fucking host everything in one site.
>>
>>318109429
That was IGNs fault.
>>
>>318109502
People could still have made another site or had torrents of the mods.
>>
>>318109669
Torrents weren't really a thing in NWN's hayday.
>>
>>318109669
Also neverwintervault.org
>>
>>318096396

Why do drows have to have fucked up eyebrows like that.
>>
>>318109669
There is another site, but half the users of the original site don't know it exists, the layout is fucked and you can't find shit on it, and basically there's no real reason to visit it anymore.

There's a nexus for both nwns but nobody puts anything on there anymore.
>>
>>318109214
>AD&D
No thanks
>>
>>318110067
Wrong game. It's 3.5
http://www.gog.com/game/the_temple_of_elemental_evil
>>
>>318110067
ToEE is not AD&D, it's 3.5.

This is also why it's a shit game.
>>
What are the best points of the few most popular nwn 1 mods if any of you guys played them? Like the prophet and aielund saga for example, only ones I played so far are adwr and kosigan. Like the writing in adwr but the quests get a lot worse later on, kosigan kind of had tedious dungeons and the save games broke so much as soon as I started part 2 that I had to stop playing it.
>>
>>318110532
>What are the best points of the few most popular nwn 1 mods if any of you guys played them?
By "best points" do you mean "selling points" or "favorite moments"?

>kosigan kind of had tedious dungeons and the save games broke so much as soon as I started part 2 that I had to stop playing it.
I had the same problem. Part 2 is actually short enough that you could turn on godmode and play through it in an hour or two if you really want to. The last part of the Kosigan series hasn't been translated, though, so you might not want to bother if you know you can't finish the story.
>>
>>318110532
Aielund goes to absolute shit after the 3rd part and the end of the 3rd part is the best part of the series.
>>
Is the online part still alive?
I have fond memories playing NWN way back then on some cracked server. I'm thinking of buying the game from GoG just for the keys, as I played the crap out of both games for single player.
>>
What kind of mods for NWN2 should I get?
>>
>>318111454
Selling points I guess, like story, characters, dungeons, fights etc.
>>
>>318110532
The best part of Prophet was when it was over, because I didn't have to play it anymore and I could play something that didn't make me want to kill myself.

The entire plot of Prophet is the same thing over and over again: You get a vision of some bad shit happening, you go to find a way to stop the bad shit from happening, you end up unintentionally causing the bad shit to happen. That's it.
>>
>>318096124
I loved making weapons the cast every damaging spell on hit and gives max stat and skill bonuses.
>>
There was one NWN RP server that was awesome. In addition to your character class, there were professions that you could become throughout the persistent world that you would be suited to based on your attributes and skills.

I played a guardsman (fighter) with high search and spot checks which increased the detection zone around the starter town. It also had a contraband mini game where people would have to pass smuggling checks to get illegal goods into town.

Can't remember the name of the server, you could even play as goblins/kobolds too.
>>
>>318110532
I really liked the Tales of Arterra series. It had interesting characters, a good plot, and good dialogue and roleplaying. There was also some good loot to be found, like items with Haste enchantments. Part 2 does that bullshit thing of taking all your items without even a good story reason, but once I got over that, I really enjoyed it. It's just a lot of fun all around.
>>
File: 1445534007738.gif (1 MB, 630x355) Image search: [Google]
1445534007738.gif
1 MB, 630x355
>post yfw no neverwinter 3
or neverwinter 3 uses 5.0 dnd rules
>>
>>318115471
Well there's Neverwinter and it uses 4.x rules.
>>
>>318114019
I download the module, try to unzip it and it asks me if I want to overwrite. Turns out I had it downloaded since 2005 and never played it, nice.
>>
>>318115471
>tfw sword coast legends came out
>not even close to what nwn could do
maybe patches and mods can fix it
or I'll just wait and hope like mad for DivOS2

>>318115594
Like fuck it does
>tfw no turn-based 4e tactics game ever
it could have been good
>>
>>318096124
the only bad thing i can say about this game, is the level cap. never played online tho, idk if you can past the cap online, or if there's any mod now
>>
>>318103096
i would like to play nwn2 co op with some1 :c

i only got the priated vercion tho.
>>
>>318116373
The closest thing we'll ever get are D:OS and its sequel.
Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.