[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game is on sale pretty cheap on Steam, is it worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1.jpg (39 KB, 640x325) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
39 KB, 640x325
This game is on sale pretty cheap on Steam, is it worth it?
>>
>>318094487
like short action games with mind fuck story? i say go for it.
>>
>>318094487
It's pretty good. I definitely enjoyed it. Then again I'm a sucker for suda51 games.
>>
>>318095193
How's the port? I heard it's locked at 30 FPS.
>>
>>318095454
By default, yes, but you can easily tweak an ini so it runs at 60
>>
>>318095454
you can tweak it into going 60 fps but some parts of the game gets a bit massed up because the game is moving so fast.
>>
>>318095693
So the speed is tied to the framerate? Was it 30 or 60 on PS3?
>>
>>318095914
are you stupid anon? of course it was 30.
>>
>>318095914
>>318096069

It was more like 20ish.
>>
>>318094487
It's fucking great.
Unlock the FPS because it looks sexy AF, but it breaks QTEs
>>
If you're looking for a spectacle fighter with good boss fights, its a solid game - good controls, rewards you for countering, lots to upgrade and mess around with. Every boss fight with your rival David is pretty close to a Vergil fight

There's 2 major cautionary things and one minor unless you don't care to 100%
- Neon lighted enemies: this sounds like a nonissue, until all your blows make bright flashes, and the game doesn't mind throwing you into a 10 man dogpile where you can't tell what the hell is goin on because even shit you don't hit is already black with neon bloom all over them. There's no 'git gud' scenario when this happens, especially with the next point:

- slow attacks when you hit max combo
While you hit crap and not get hurt, you build combo meter, like any other brawler, and as the meter grows you get faster and faster. Until you max out. When you hit combo meter 4 all your attacks become slow as shit flipping spin attacks, which has limited horizontal range and when you whiff you're both vulnerable during this long attack animation,you also pause at the end of each strike. 60fps or no, this lag in each strike is rage inducing

The minor gripe is the lag input when you get into a stationary gun to shoot things. There's mii games that involve shooting enemies in the head while in these guns, and for whatever reason they made the reticle slow as shit to move, even with a mouse and keyboard.

All that said, its not a bad game, boss fights more than make up any of the shortcomings
>>
>>318095693
Nope, it won't work faster. Only QTEs, but there's a fix.
>>
Best gameplay from a Suda/Grasshopper game but still rather simple.
Visual style is amazing
Story so-so

For the price it's worth it
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.