[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a fighting game currently in the market that is more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: USF4_Logo.jpg (289 KB, 1600x906) Image search: [Google]
USF4_Logo.jpg
289 KB, 1600x906
Is there a fighting game currently in the market that is more balanced?
>>
Guess there is none, huh? Street Fighter remains king.
>>
KOF XIII
>>
Not really.

But if a game is fun while being unbalanced, it's good, like Soul Calibur.
>>
Tekken and sf4 are the only balanced fighting games. KoF and animay is unbalanced as fuck
>>
>balance

female characters not allowed to have 1000 hp because they are females

>capcom in charge of balance
>fighting games in charge of balance

-Seth
>Give him every tool available in the game
>ok but how do we balance him? HMMM... *DING* just take away his hp that'll WORK heh...
>>
>>318095148
that's not a convincing argument
>>
XRD maybe? Skullgirls isn't bad.

USF4 is reasonably balanced, but there are a few garbage characters and e.ryu is obviously a cut above the rest of the cast
>>
>>318095787
if you want to be convinced play the fucking game or at least study the game

Go ahead and win real tournaments with the following characters: E.Honda,DeeJay,T Hawk,Hakan,Dan,Dhalsim,M.Bison,Cody,Blanka,Claw,Guy,Sakura,Oni,Gouken,Makoto
>Balance

There is no fucking balance. Play Elena for the easy win like all the "top" players.
>>
>>318094773
you're a fucking retard if you think theyre balanced.
>>
>>318095148
Seth getting sniper back and j. HK's crossup removed is a pretty convincing nerf for starters.
>>
>>318098143
>gives no actual evidence as to how tekken or sf4 are unbalanced and instead resorts to arguing like a brain dead monkey
>>
Japan has yet to produce a balanced competitive game. I seriously doubt that it will ever happen.
>>
>>318097403
lmfao
>>
Virtua fighter
>>
>>318097403
you sound like a faggot who only watches the game on twitch, then jerks off on reddit about tiers and your "gdlk" asian top players that don't have sponsers.
>>
File: 1404092682012.png (28 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
1404092682012.png
28 KB, 128x128
>>318096065
Akuma, Elena, and Yun are all godlike too. There are plenty of other ALMOST godlike characters or arguably godlike ones too. Don't act like E.Ryu is the endgame of USF4 when there's so much variety in tournament play and wins.
>>
Why do people go crazy for Guilty Gear? I can't get into it, plus I think the whole rock n roll theme is pretty lame and the characters really boring. I just picked up XRD and there is only like 7 characters in the roster. Also zoning isn't a viable option in GG. Kinda of a shit game. I think BlazBlue is the more fun game with cooler characters with different playstyles.
>>
Probably AH3?
>>
Balance doesn't mean fun or a long standing game. Virtua Fighter 5 is much better balanced that SF4 but no one plays it.

Super Turbo, 3rd Strike, Marvel 2 are all games that are not balanced to the degree SF4 is and they had 10+ years in the FGC with no constant pump of newer versions(I'm talking 1994 for ST not the years before with the previous iterations). SF4 is up to 7 years thanks to almost yearly updates.

Street Fighter: Madden IV isn't the hot shit OP thinks it is.
>>
You're more likely to see bottom tier Xrd characters in a tournament's top 8 or even 16 than much of the USFIV cast.

There's a big power gap, but every character in Xrd has some kind of ridiculous edge that gives them a chance to win. There's no character that I think is incapable of placing in top 4 at a tournament. I can't say that with confidence for SF.
>>
Virtua fighter is the only balanced game.
>>
>>318097403
Didn't Infiltration win with Hakan one year?
>>
Super

>>318099284
AH3 has a ton of viable options but it's hardly the case that everything is close to even.
>>
>>318097403
Infiltration won EVO with Hakan and Haitani made top 8 with Makoto the same year, characters winning tournaments is for the most part not relevant in fighting game balance discussion.
>>
>>318099223
its an easier to play Street Fighter with Air dashing
>>
>>318099536

There's a difference between making a counterpick and "winning a tournament" with a character. You can't say results reflect well on a character's balance unless they're used through most of the event. Otherwise, it's just proof that they have a good matchup.
>>
>>318092069

Probably not.

Tekken tag tournament 2 in my opinion. Although someone will cry about it.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is crazy balanced.

Smash 4 would be balanced if Sakurai would nerf zss and sheik already.
>>
>>318092069
Most balanced but recently goddamn have I learned to hate this fucking game.
>>
File: 1443719935492.jpg (32 KB, 432x215) Image search: [Google]
1443719935492.jpg
32 KB, 432x215
>>318099309
>saying Marvel 2 and balance in the same sentence
>>
>>318097403
StormKubo won a tournament with fucking Hugo.

The nigga who has 8/2 matchups that are basically unwinnable.
>>
>>318099667
I think it show how balanced the game can be at a high level. Even if it is a "counterpick" nobody thought he was gonna pull that off
>>
balanced

lmao

more like dive kicks and dps: the game
>>
>>318095148

It does work you dingus.

If you have a million options and still manage to get predicted and punished- you deserve it.

Also female characters tend to have more options and conplexity than male characters. So the heath difference makes sense.

I main Makoto and Guile, so I see both sides of the spectrum.
>>
>>318099753

Marvel 2 actual supports the 3 main playstyles of Zone, Keep Away, and Rush Down. SF4 does not.

/v/ for the most part is too retarded to realize why it was played for over ten years.
>>
>>318099674
>tvc balanced

no
>>
>>318099531
You better be from the year 2004.
>>
>>318099816

He said real tournaments. I'm just gonna go ahead and say that for the guy you are quoting, because that's what he will say.
>>
>>318099309

Don't confuse VF5 not having an american scene for it not being a longstanding and oft-played game. There's a reason that iteration in particular got so many revisions, it was a very popular title in its homeland.
>>
>>318099597
look at this dumb fgc filth

Infiltration won with Akuma in 2012 EVO

counter picked PR Balrog once Hakan vs Boxer in the top 8 at Evo not that year though which proves my point about the game even further regardless of version
>>
>>318100043
Zone
Ryu
Keep away
Dhalsim
Rushdown
literally everyone else
>>
>>318100158
>CPT event
>>
>>318100043
Zone=Cable,Cyclops,Storm,
KeepAway=Magneto,Sentinel,Storm,Captain Commando anti air assist and Psylocke
Rush Down=Wolverine,Magneto

Those are the only characters that dominated for 10 years...the only reason it lasted that long is because there was nothing else to play not because it was balanced.
>>
File: 1448435851884.jpg (124 KB, 600x801) Image search: [Google]
1448435851884.jpg
124 KB, 600x801
quick, post some hype as fuck videos of your favorite fightan game.

All are welcome.
>>
>>318100403
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxNCBOA-KEQ

Infiltration vs Snake Eyes

Zangief vs Hugo match
>>
File: tumblr_nd0cxjYbjF1r7sijxo1_500.gif (1 MB, 500x266) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nd0cxjYbjF1r7sijxo1_500.gif
1 MB, 500x266
>>318097403

Dhalsim and Makoto have won tournaments.

Every character is viable, it's just that many tourney fags are tryhards who want the path of least resistance so they'd rather copy someone else's strategy than invent their own.
>>
>>318100343
low profile capcom "pro" tour ranking event in some filthy asian country

stop it
>>
File: Darkstalkers_NW_Huitzil.png (793 KB, 762x1000) Image search: [Google]
Darkstalkers_NW_Huitzil.png
793 KB, 762x1000
>>318100403
http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm6286886
Daigo's Vampire Hunter days
>>
>>318100343

Like I said.

The guy will/has already said the equivalent of greentexting the words "real tournament".

I'm just getting it out of the way early for him.
>>
>>318092069

Guilty Gear Xrd. Say what you will about setplay, but its nothing research and practice can't solve. When you have Bedmans and Potemkins placing in both Japan and America and with most of the cast having great tools accompanied by solid system mechanics then its near a true balanced game
>>
>>318100574
>Came out on top over Xian, ItaZan, Gamerbee, Misse and RB
>>
>>318100063

Mega crash and baroque were the fairest mechanics ever invented.

TVC was so balanced Capcom vowed to never attempt to make a game nearly as balanced ever again- so they made MvC3
>>
I feel as though anime games are "balanced" in the sense that everyone has some ridiculous bullshit that can still make them a threat, no matter their ranking on the tierlist.

Take from that what you will.
>>
>>318101097
sure the mechanics were fine but blade and yatterman 1 can fuck right off
>>
File: chai.png (557 KB, 984x923) Image search: [Google]
chai.png
557 KB, 984x923
>>318100403
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiTKC99ZY9A

The one and only
>>
>>318101774
>Valle claims he dropped his combos on purpose
You can't fool me Alex.

I feel like Sagat/Hugo isn't really that bad of a matchup, Hugo has the reach to really fuck Sagat up outside of his ideal footsies range and up close he's just BEGGING to eat an SPD.

From either side it's a really fun one to play.
>>
>>318101251
Combo scaling is such a big deal in (some) anime games that you can have really bad characters with good tools.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.