[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you get augmented, /v/? Assume that >no military augs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 6
Would you get augmented, /v/? Assume that

>no military augs (like the Typhoon) are allowed
>you're not JC Denton. Mechanical augs or GTFO
>you're not Adam Jensen either, so you have to take immuno-supressant drugs like Prograf. It costs $300 a month.
>you don't have to worry about being turned into a Splicer by Tai Yong Medical
>>
In a heartbeat
>>
>>318090040
The stigma would be too high, there wouldn't be any pride in being augmented when your coworkers give you the stink eye and shit on you.
>>
>>318090040
Probably just subtle things. Eyes, joints, and that's about all.
>>
I'll have no choice. Augmentations in 2027 are like college degrees. They're effectively mandatory to get a job, and you'll have to sink tens of thousands of dollars into them.
>>
I'm currently studying mechatronics and intent to work on augmentations. Give me your ideas for real life augmentations.
>>
>>318091306
50 inch long horse dick I can attach in any part of my body.
>>
I have no vision in one eye. Yes I would get augmented.
>>
Nah augs are for fags.
>>
>>318091804
good goy
>>
>>318090040
>bad knees
>bad lower back
>bad wrists
>bad eyes
>slow brain

yes please
>>
An aug that compresses, filters and recycles all the water out of my shits, then deposits the solid mass into a container with a sliding door inside with my foot.
>>
>>318092243
Have you tried going to the gym to fix all of your joint problems? I lived with a fucked back up until I was 17 where I decided it was time to deadlift some shit and haven't had problems since then (my knees were also royally fucked)
>>
Can we all agree we will get nothing that fucks around inside the brain. Hell, I'll having my entire body below my head replaced, whatever. But I am not risking personality death
>>
>>318090040
no

I'd rather rely on my own strengths rather than a machine's strength
>>
No, I'm a poorfag.
>>
>>318092989
my ankles are total shit ever since I was born. Which cause them to twist randomly walking/running then I would fall on my knees a lot and sometimes my wrists would break the fall.
>>
New heart, new shoulder, new eyes, those DOPE sunglasses mods, synthetic lungs, and of course social aug.
>>
>>318091306
ROBOT
GODDAM
BITS

ARMS
LEGS
ORGANS

METAL CYBER BONES

JENSEN'S SUNGLASSES
>>
>>318093382
that is why you would die like the fag you are.
>>
>>318093382
You sound like a kek
>>
File: 1447358274861.jpg (49 KB, 398x450) Image search: [Google]
1447358274861.jpg
49 KB, 398x450
>>318091306
Cyber legs.
>>
>>318092989
Deadlifting fucks my back more...also it doesn't help that I deadlift less than some girls.
>>
>>318090040
Universal translator aug. I can watch animu raw and shitpost in many languages.
>>
all i want is a giant robo penis that shoots pressurized jets of scalding hot synthetic semen
>>
>>318091306
mechanical penis
>>
>>318091306
exo skeleton for enhanced strength

or robot arms where you can move individual appendages and Punch really hard
>>
>>318092173
>being at the mercy of big pharma corps for the rest of your life
Who's the top goy here?
>>
>>318095187
>top goy
I mean say all u want but when u get an AUG that helps with stock trading to the point of making millions like that one bitch in HR fuck it theres no problem
>>
File: exo-aug-armr.jpg (535 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
exo-aug-armr.jpg
535 KB, 1920x800
>shitty augs, life threatening surgery and immuno suppressant drug addiction
vs
>powered exo skeleton
I know which one I'd prefer to have on the night time patrol through Detroit.
>>
>>318091306
>Superior hearing aids
>Binocular augmentations of some sort, possibly glasses/lenses
> Simple joints like elbow, knee, shoulder
>second set of robot arms, son
>>
>>318091306
I want to be reengineered to jump. If I can't jump over fences effortlessly by 2027, I'm going to haunt the entire tech industry.
>>
File: retard.png (66 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
retard.png
66 KB, 240x240
>>318091306
Networking device with a small keyboard embedded under the skin.

I want to shitpost on the go.
>>
>>318094601

These already exist.

I have arthritis. So Mech joints would be a day 1 buy.
>>
>tfw scoliosis
it's not really causing problems, but i would consider an artificial spine.
>>
>>318090040
>$300 a month
>Subpar mechanical augs (IE, what regular people get, not what they put into Jensen)
No thanks. Get back to me when it's nanoaugs like in the original.
>>
>>318091306

Eye implants that can be manually controlled to either darken light coming in (for sunny days), or to emit/reflect more light (such as a cat's eye would at night).

If you could develop completely artificial retinas, with filters for different wavelengths of light, that would be even better. I would want to have a normal daytime setting where the eye works like normal, and optional infrared or ultraviolet settings for seeing better at night or for studying details.
>>
>>318090040
Not everybody needed the drugs. I could be lucky.
>>
No, getting Auged is fucking stupid. No guarantee that some thug baller isn't gonna chop your arm off and sell it.

>>318100006
Everybody but Jensen did. That's why he's so important.
>>
>>318100006
Did you finish the game?
Even played it?
>>
>>318095187
The people without augs are still the goy.

In the world of deus ex being a Human without augs is like being a literal retard in the real life world of today. The best you can hope for is a minimum wage job or welfare. You couldn't even become a criminal to survive because the cops have augs and all the other criminals you're competing with also have augs.

The smart people would get the augs that increase your intelligence/understanding first. Once you got that going for you, you can get a high paying job that makes the bills to the pharma corporations nothing more than a minor annoyance.
>>
>>318100326
>not buying a tazer and making shit go down
>>
>>318090040
I have ms and degeneration in both my spinal column and bones. This would be my only hope
>>
lungs and heart maybe. nothing really wrong with them, but it would beat needing to work out to keep them in top shape. they'd be cancer and injury proof too. I'd also take any augs that remove the need to sleep.
>>
>>318091306
Are you me?
I'm studying biotechnology with courses jn robotics and neurology, with the intent to do mg masters degree in a line that heavily focuses on man-machine interfaces
>>
>>318100427
I lost eyesight in my left eye from it and I am just a big dumb cyclops now. Life is absolute suffering
>>
>>318100918
at least you can be happy the 3d fad never caught on
>>
>>318100427
my left foot hurts sometimes. I know your pain bro
>>
augment me up senpai

hopefully they can enhance my shitty eyesight
>>
>>318101130
Laser eye surgery has existed for quite some time sempai
>>
>>318100759

Kek, I'm studying Biotechnological & Medical Ethics. Half of the masters' courses are related to Transhumanism, Bioconservatism, Neuro-ethics and the like.

I wonder, do biotechnology students get any courses regarding socio-political and ethical implications of your field? I have a bachelor in medicine and another one in philosophy and the lack of education regarding the consequenses/implications of medicine for medfags was shocking.

OT: I'd get them real fast but I'm also tremendously afraid of the results. Especially neurological/cognitive augmentation seems a slippery fucking slope.
>>
>>318101359
>ethics and morality
top lel
>>
>>318091306
Mechanical lungs with replaceable filters so I don't have to quit smoking. New eyes with like night vision and infrared vision and like 20x mechanical zoom, so I can check out that booty on that qt from half a mile away and record in 4k 120fps to the ssd in my asshole. I'd still wear glasses though.
>>
>>318100965
Kinda bummed about never experiencing vr but it could be worse
>>
>>318101487
A fucking world of amazing technology and you want to keep your vices and be a loser.
>>
>>318101296

Too many risks to be quite honest my family member.
>>
File: 1448200292966.jpg (58 KB, 715x844) Image search: [Google]
1448200292966.jpg
58 KB, 715x844
Only if it is necessary like loosing a leg because infection or something
>>
>>318101579
>implying an amazing world of technology would change humans being humans
>>
>>318101579
High tech, low life.
>>
>>318101359
dude why are you getting a liberal arts tier degree in medicine
thats two types of pointless
>>
>>318101612
oh yeah and completely replacing your eyes with mechanical ones is absolutely risk-free
>>
If I could afford it, and the drugs, hell yes. There is no reason not to.

Hell, chop me up until Im just a brain stem, spine, and brain. I dont need that shit. Give me a full android body and augs and you can do whatever you want with my body.
>>
>>318091554
Please yes, on the forehead
>>
>>318101718
>>318101475
I forgot I was surrounded by literal betas

How is debating euthanasia, public health care, HTA's and moral case deliberations pointless? Shit interests me way more than becoming a regular doctor. Will start psychiatry next year however.
>>
>>318090040
>paying 300 dollaridoos to get pharmaceutically-induced AIDS just so I can make imminently-obsolete hardware a permanent part of my body

Nah, ask again when I'm injured or old, or when they make augs that actually _increase_ your life expectancy.
>>
>>318102081
>Shit interests me way more than becoming a regular doctor.
Thats nice. Thats just you though. Maybe you can find someone who enjoys collecting stamps to have a stimulating conversation with
>>
One thing I feel this shit doesn't go over enough is problems with the augs themselves. That shit is more complicated than a car, how many people are going to get all the checkups and maintenance to keep that shit from locking up/crushing their dick because they had an unnoticeable hydraulic leak.
How many people get their cars checked out? Do you have any idea how many people just don't change the oil in their car? Only a retard or a rich person will have augs, unless they can somehow make them near-maintenance free.
>>
>>318102170

Why don't ethics interest you? I honestly can't understand. Is it just a meme to bash anything that isn't codeable on /v/ because humanity is so weird to your sperging mind?
>>
>>318090040
Yeah, but only to fix my fucked up eyes, joints, spine and heart. Stuff that I can hide to avoid stigma, but I really want fixed. I'd replace the rest when/if you don't have to take the immuno-supressant anymore. If it doesn't happen I'll just enjoy my subtle augs.
>>
Only if the concerned part of my original body was/became damaged.
Wouldn't remove a limb to replace it, but if I lost it or it stopped working optimally, then I would.
>>
I see no point in getting augs unless I was missing a limb from an accident. Slicing off healthy body parts doesn't make sense to me.
>>
>>318102457
Ethics are dumb and boring and only serve to get in the way of me getting off
>>
I tried to get into DeusEx thrice and always stopped playing after a while
How can I stop being a pleb
>>
>>318103182
Where do you stop? You may just not like the game, which despite what /v/ says is a perfectly acceptable thing for you to do.
>>
>>318103182
How far did you play? It takes a bit to get really interesting.
>>
>>318103182
Don't feel bad, I wasn't able to stick with it either. I got to Hong Kong and almost finished it (I think) and it was just boring.
>>
>>318090040
Depends how financially sound I am. If I can fork out the $300 a month, then yeah.
>>
>>318103323
>>318103456
Somewhere in Hell's kitchen
The game just feels boring and I can't continue
>>
>>318090040
I ain't no guinea pig.
>>
>>318103182
I did the same thing with SS2 and DE for over 2 years.

finished them both recently, without a doubt some of the most fun gaming experiences I've ever had.
>>
>>318102457
Good luck my good Psychiatry resident to be. Have fun during the match. We will look forward to all the fresh brilliant minds to make us less jaded and to fill our call schedule.
>>
>>318101612
What?

m8 statistically Lasik is safer than root canal.
>>
>>318104012
It drags a bit right there, I don't blame you. If nothing else in the game can interest you it's probably best to not force yourself. Just wait until you get an itch again and see if you can get through it.
>>
>>318104012
That's where I stopped last time I tried to play it, too. Farthest I've ever gotten.
>>
>>318103323
Is it bad that I love the concept of transhumanism and its downsides, but I can't play a first person shooter to save my life? Or to sneak around?
>>
>>318104491
I finished SS2 and I think it's a fantastic game
DeusEx just seems boring
>>
>>318104607
No, it's not THAT bad. DE is one of the only game series that deals with it, though.
>>
>>318104882
I will keep on trying then.
>>
File: 2438554.jpg (58 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2438554.jpg
58 KB, 1280x720
>>318101579

>implying if there was no risk of cancer you wouldn't smoke

what the actual fuck, man
>>
>>318105417
No, I wouldn't. Why would I?
>>
>>318094601
Are they OK?
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.