[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
didn't people want something like linkle before? http
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: absolute elves.jpg (872 KB, 1824x2407) Image search: [Google]
absolute elves.jpg
872 KB, 1824x2407
didn't people want something like linkle before?

http://www.thegauntlet.ca/linkle-a-step-backwards-for-women-in-gaming/
>>
>>318085368
They wanted something.
They got it.
Now they don't want it.

We already know that these people have no sense of logic. It's not something new. Let them cry and ignore them.

sage
>>
>>318086421
how would they respond if nintendo was like
"welp looks like people don't want tinkle" and removed her?
>>
>>318086759
That's the wrong question.

That people can't be pleased, because they don't want to. They just want some excuse to be angry and post on twitter about it.

They have no other objective aside from being upset. That's why there's no point on pandering them.
>>
>>318085368
What they wanted was a strong and empowering female replacing the male main character of the series. Not only is Linkle not a replacement for Link, she's not the type of female they wanted in the first place.
>>
>>318087768
Yeah... It's hard living in the first world while being an inconsolable crybaby.

There's many more actual problems that require attention, like the wage gap, and these people are focusing in such banal bullshit.

Fuck them.
>>
File: @#@@.gif (46 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
@#@@.gif
46 KB, 600x450
>>318087768
do they want the generic "strong female character" shit or something?

I mean theres a lot of different types of girls in this world that are highly independent
>>
>>318088285
see
>>318087024

You can't please someone who enjoys being displeased all the time. Take away from them their motives for being upset and you take their lifestyle.
>>
File: 1409360286860.jpg (52 KB, 450x460) Image search: [Google]
1409360286860.jpg
52 KB, 450x460
>>318088096

the wage gap isn't real senpai
the male cashier at Mcdonalds isn't payed more than the female one
if for any reason he is
its because he is a more effective/reliable employee for whatever reason.

people have higher pay not because of their gender
but because their employer sees them as more of an asset
and if in a customer service job or a construction site gender does come in to play in effectiveness
then thats how the world works
>>
>>318088847
>payed
It's 'paid'.

You are mistaking cause and effect. The wage gap is real. It happens at all levels. During the hack at Sony the salaries of actors and actresses were leaked, and it showed that it even in that sector happens. The discourse of Patricia Arquette addressed this.

I dislike the SJW as much as any other rational human being, but let's not delude ourselves when it comes to actual matters.
>>
>>318088096
>wage gap
I thought we eradicated this meme on 4chan
>>
>>318088096
>wage gap

It's been debunked so many times, yet it keeps coming back because people want to believe women are being discriminated against. If any gap exists, it's young women out-earning young men.
>>
>>318089238
>>318089252
Moshi, moshi, /pol/-chan.
>>
>>318089181
well maybe its documented but it definitely doesn't seem remotely logical

I cant imagine the CEOS at sony actually making an executive decision to pay their female employees less

if so im surprised that isn't illegal if its for the exact same job and with the same work ethic as a male counterpart

like maybe they're payed less because they have yet to receive a raise?

or is this all about raises?
>>
>>318089548
>pointing out your stupidity means we're from /pol/

It's clear you are either trolling or are too stupid to reason with. Fact is women's choices are having a negative effect on their earning, not discrimination. Feel free to believe what you want.
>>
>>318089642
Women don't seek raises as aggressively as men, which is one reason why they earn less. When you factor everything there is no wage gap, only idiots who look at the average pay of men and women and disregard everything else.
>>
>>318089642
>well maybe its documented but it definitely doesn't seem remotely logical
>I cant imagine the CEOS at sony actually making an executive decision to pay their female employees less

If you can't envision people making illogical decisions you know nothing about us humans.

>>318089757
>Feel free to believe what you want
Math doesn't lie, /pol/lack.
>>
>>318085368
Sorta.

>people who played Hyrule Warriors see Linkle, think it'd be cool if we had her

>people who never played Hyrule Warriors think she represents something more than she is.
>>
people want a female link, not a separate character that sort of looks like link but actually isn't

>>318090048 is also right. linkle is getting way too much focus when she really doesn't in anyway.
>>
File: 1409004803081.gif (2 MB, 310x325) Image search: [Google]
1409004803081.gif
2 MB, 310x325
>People see Linkle concept in official Artbook
>No one gave a fuck

>People see Linkle playable, with Link still existing and a completely different character
>People start giving a fuck in the worst way possible
>>
>>318090365
It's frustrating and inane really.
>>
>>318090365
Linkle... Linkle had a hard life.
>>
File: 12121.png (898 KB, 1280x1600) Image search: [Google]
12121.png
898 KB, 1280x1600
>>318090331
what are they just going to glue some tits on him?
>>
>>318090952
basically
>>
>>318090026
No, only people do.

Such as the ones who perpetuate the lie of the wage gap.
>>
>>318088096
This is something that irks me. Famous actresses are becoming annoying feminist/SJW, whining about male producers, meanwhile still agreeing to make movies and take paychecks from said producers, but the other feminist/SJW think they have an ally, while the people with brains are pointing it out.
>>
>>318085368
I find it interesting whatthey're complaining about when the game is already mostly female characters.

I mean,

>Female
Zelda, Impa, Sheik, Lana, Ruto, Agitha, two different kinds of Midna, Fi, Cia, The great fairy (who is a weapon, but could still count), Tetra, and now Linkle.
>Male
Two kinds of links, Ganondorf, Darunia, Zant, Ghirahim, volga, Wizzro, tingle, the king of red lions, and skull kid

That's 12-13 female characters and 11 male characters. Take away all the DLC characters and go with just who was in the box at launch, and that ratio turns to 8-9 Females and 5 Males.
Lets even go a step further and go with only heroic, good guy characters who aren't for sexual and are portrayed entirely positively at launch. The ratio is (still) 8-9 females, and 2 Males.
>>
>>318093045
It's almost like if the people that are complaining about Linkle don't actually play the game.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.