[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are RE5 and RE6 worth buying if I loved RE4?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: RE4.jpg (306 KB, 1066x465) Image search: [Google]
RE4.jpg
306 KB, 1066x465
Are RE5 and RE6 worth buying if I loved RE4?
>>
>>318075112
I liked RE4, and in my experience I really enjoyed RE5. I don't think it diverts away from RE4 too much gameplay-wise. As for RE6, I got it with a friend and played through the first story mode and ended up hating it. I think it had gotten too action-y.
>>
>>318075112
Yeah both worth it
RE5 and RE6 are a lot more fun with friends
>>
RE5 is a good game, especially in co-op. It's not RE4-tier, but still pretty good.

RE6 has some good shooter mechanics wrapped in an atrocious story mode. It's only really worth playing for the mercenaries mode (which is more or less enjoyable depending on how autistic you are about high scores). I wouldn't spend more than maybe $10-15 on it.
>>
RE5 is alright.
RE6 is a fucking piece of shit good god
>>
>>318075718
everything is fun with friends you piece of shit
>>
>>318075112
RE5: yes. play co-op if possible, it enhances the game a lot.

RE6: no, everything good from the prior two games is sabotaged for no reason
>>
>>318075112
RE5 mercenaries is fun except for the fucking cockroach that will cock block your highscores. Story mode is okay for a playthrough I guess.
>>
>>318076605
Invasive surgery isn't.
>>
RE5 was decent fun in co-op. The boss battles are complete garbage though.
>>
>>318075112
Yes and sure.

Watch the trailers for 6 before you decide if it's right for you. I enjoyed it for the most part, but it was definitely missing something.
>>
>>318075112

RE5 is great, especially if you have a bro

RE6 is good in leon's campaign, and that's about the extent of it
>>
>>318079816
Not even Leons. Leons had the worst story of all of them, somehow, and the attempts at adding in puzzles were pretty sad.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (97 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
97 KB, 1280x720
>Hey, let us in this church
no, how can we trust you won't kill us
>We're good we promised
well, k
>oh no, we released a BOW right in the middle of the church, oh no
>>
>>318075112

RE5 is great
RE6 looks great but other than that it's boring and repetitive,I'm seriously having trouble even finishing it, get Revelations and Revelations 2 instead
>>
>>318079942
>EVERYONE DIES BUT US: an international adventure
>>
>>318075112
Sure.

Especially the Mercs modes.
>>
>>318075112
Played RE5 for the first time last year. Not terrible, but I'm not sure if I would recommend it. It was entertaining enough to complete, but it was a disappointment even though my expectations were low from years of discussion.

I couldn't articulate this until after I finished, but since you have an AI partner fighting with you all the time, you frequently mess up your carefully planned shots. You also can't kite enemies and outmaneuver them because your partner will be left in harms way without you. Basically, the playstyle that RE4 teaches gets ruined.
>>
>>318083123

The AI is so negligible, the only issue I ever have for them is when they get hit by blindingly obvious attacks so I blow a few herbs on them and go about my day.

The real fun is online/couch
>>
I love the Mercenaries modes in 4, 5, and 6.

I wish there was another standalone Mercs game, kind of how I wish there was a cheap standalone version of CoD Zombies.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.