[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 672x505) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 672x505
Since everyone here hates Fallout 4 someone can probably tell me whether or not it's system requirements have changed any from FO 3. Reason I ask is my comp can run FO 3, but apparently not FO 4 from what it calls for, but I've also heard they dramatically over estimate the requirements to make it seem like a huge improvement from FO 3. Thoughts?
>>
It needs what it says pretty much, it's way higher than you'd expect for the quality of the game.
There's mods that bring the requirements down, I have a PC just under them, and it's practically unplayable on min settings
>>
>>318067728
>Since everyone here hates Fallout 4 someone can probably tell me whether or not it's system requirements have changed any from FO 3. Reason I ask is my comp can run FO 3, but apparently not FO 4 from what it calls for, but I've also heard they dramatically over estimate the requirements to make it seem like a huge improvement from FO 3. Thoughts?

Dude, the game may be shit but the maps have way more stuff and details. you will need a more powerful PC to run it. What is your PC configuration?
>>
I think that it's optimized very poorly. It runs worse than The Witcher 3 or FFXIV or Dong Age: Dinquisition on my PC, yet it looks like trash compared to any of those.
>>
>>318067728
People just thought the requirements were overestimated because it doesn't look good.
They aren't overestimated at all, though
>>
>>318068061
>have way more stuff and details
Yeah like mannequins fucking everywhere
for literally no reason
>>
>>318068415
>Can't take mannequins clothes
>can't get the redcoat uniforms
why not just end it all now?
>>
File: 1435294050352.png (146 KB, 284x352) Image search: [Google]
1435294050352.png
146 KB, 284x352
>Games barely change graphically anymore but still require just as expensive jumps between generations
>>
What's the point of writing 2k15, if all you switch is one number to a letter? Also 200015?
>>
>>318068985
not even any fucking shadows indoors
>>
>>318068985
>Games shit on the very concept of story telling
>get hailed as the next Citizen Kane.
>>
>>318067728
>Since everyone here hates Fallout 4

I don't think so, from what I have noticed 60% of the /v/ hates Fallout 4. Out of those 60%, 80% of them still play the game even tho it is shit.
>>
>>318067728
>Since everyone here hates Fallout 4
Retard detected.
>>
>>318067728
If you can run fo3 and new vegas on ultra then you can run fo4 on medium
>>
File: 1431375695006.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1431375695006.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
>>318069095
maybe he knows someone that gets triggered by 0's
>>
>game runs like butter for the first minute
>then slows down ridiculously and rubberbands movement like mad

what the fuck is this
having this problem since today
>>
>>318069845
>implying
I can, I can, and I can't even run it on minimum
>>318069953
Same problem, I can handle it okay until I go anywhere near the city, and then I get less than 1fps.
>>
Fallout 4 has some real performance issues.
My PC should be able to run Fallout 4 without any problems, and it does for the most part, but there are certain areas where fps drops to something like 20.
Just now I experienced something really fucking weird. The game was running fine, I threw a grenade at a super mutant and blew his legs off. I went to loot the body and something weird happened. Whenever I looked at the ground where the grenade exploded the fps would drop to 10 fps.
>>
>>318069095
It clearly translates into ''2000 and 15''.
Why do they do this? Because memes. We live in a culture where every faggot is a wannabe comic and the highest goal in life is coming up with a stupid phrase that will get reposted on 9fag.
>>
>>318069953
>>318070341
Reduce the Shadow Distance setting to medium/high retards. There is also a mod that adjusts it in-game based on your fps.

This Shadow distance setting needs to be optimized by a patch asap. Bethdrones will defend this poor performance crap.
>>
>>318071171
>reduce to medium high
mine are minimum though. Or is that worse than med/high?
>>
>>318071230
Then you have a shit pc. I used to get 20 fps on cities with Ultra Shadow distance. After reducing it to medium it stays at 50-60 fps.

You can go down beyond medium setting by editing the fshadowdistance setting in Fallout4pref.ini file.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.