[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Final Fantasy X-2 worth playing, if just for the story and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
Is Final Fantasy X-2 worth playing, if just for the story and finding out what happens next? Does it add to the story or ruin it? Is the gameplay good? What's this "last mission" crap?
>>
Dear Diary,

The ass was fat.
>>
It's a good game, but 100%ing it is fucking retarded.
>>
/v/ doesn't like how ditzy it can be at times but I honestly am a sucker for the Charlie's Angels shtick

the battle system is the best of the whole series, story is will put you in a good mood, it's a good recovery from the depressive mood of X
100% is hard, there are even some secret accessories, garment grids and minigames that don't count toward 100% so even after years there's stuff I've never found

it's very very worth it, it's one of those sequel games where you notice that it was made with love and not just cashgrab
>>
File: 3B8UgKp[2].png (473 KB, 555x748) Image search: [Google]
3B8UgKp[2].png
473 KB, 555x748
bump
>>
Best battle system/worst story. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>318060108
THICK
>>
>>318060108
Its the worst sequel in the history of gaming
>>
>>318060108
Gameplay is extremely fun, quick class switching, fast paced. Definitely improvement from X

But the story is....well it's not a cluster fuck like X but it's not exactly anything you won't lose sleep over.
>>
>>318062346
Dramatic much? Or never played sequels before?
>>
>>318060108
I think it's a fun video game.
>>
It's complete shit.
>>
>>318062669
I mean it, i even made a thread about it yesterday and was surprised to see most people like this game.
They literally recycled everything and call it a day, imagine if Fallout 4 was just recycled Fallout 3 map, can you imagine the shitstorm ?
Yet this game gets a pass, because?
Pretty girls i guess, but if you put fap material aside what you got is a recycled enemies, recycled maps, stupid plot, unbearable characters and a battle system that could be fun in another game
>>
>>318063221
>They literally recycled everything and call it a day, imagine if Fallout 4 was just recycled Fallout 3 map, can you imagine the shitstorm ?

How do you expect them to NOT to reuse assets when it takes fucking place in the same world?

FO4 isn't a sequel to FO3 and yet it managed to recycle assets by the tons.

Comparing FO4 to FO3 is like comparing FFIX to FFX, or basically any FF that isn't a sequel to another FF.
>>
>>318063221
>They literally recycled everything and call it a day

Uh, are we talking about the same game?

FFX-2 had a new battle system, different models for the main characters actually MULTIPLE different models for the girls, different music, different story

the only things they kept were familiar characters and important locations because...well...it's in the same world as X? Duh? Congrats on proving you never played the game before kiddo.
>>
Don't play it for the story
Do play it for the gameplay
>>
Best gameplay in the series. Continues the most retarded story in the series focused on the worst character being a JPOP idol.

As usual, don't play a FF game for story. You'll always be disappointed.
>>
File: 1430066997556.jpg (30 KB, 762x574) Image search: [Google]
1430066997556.jpg
30 KB, 762x574
>>318063221
>recycled enemies, recycled maps

so what? It's the same exact world, why should it be completely different all of a sudden after few years? also, there are some new mobs and locations

>stupid plot, unbearable characters

undeniably, but not that important; it's not like the game takes itself seriously, save maybe for the last parts

>a battle system that could be fun in another game

Are you implying that the battle system is fun but you can't enjoy it because it's in this game? jesus

>>318060108
play it, dude, it's a fun experience. just remember that the plot is very cheesy, but the game overall is great, there is a fuckton of things to do, and there's even new game +, so you don't have to be THAT autistic to 100% it

(although to this day, even completing it at least three times, I'm still at 99%; the only thing I miss is the advertisement quest, which is insane)
>>
>>318063912
You know what i expect from a sequel?
New environments
FF X-2 is the only game i know who literally recycled most of the maps from previous game, not to mention they did the same with enemies and bosses.
And believe me i played it, i played FF10 for 100 hours and played this shit of game to the end, it was not worth it at all.
>>
>>318060108
Best gameplay in the series desu
>>
>>318063221
I bet you think Majora's Mask is a bad game too because it reuses stuff from OoT.
>>
>>318065379
Why would the same fucking world have new environments by the tons? You should check out Xillia and realise it's the same shit. Or Yakuza and Kamurocho. If a game takes place in the same fucking world with the exact same characters with no cataclysm in between expect to see recycled areas by the tons.
>>
>>318065379
But X-2 has new areas, you're being a stupid faggot.

>same enemies and bosses

Well considering most enemies is because ITS THE SAME WORLD and did have new enemies and bosses..again, you're talking out of your ass.
>>
>>318060108
Last Mission is a turn based dungeon crawler like the Mystery Dungeon games.
Its fun if you enjoy that genre.
X-2 is good, but you have to be okay with a more fast paced turn based system than X. Also, X-2 seems extremely easy, until you start doing bonus/endgame content like the Via Infinito. That's when the game starts cheating.
>>
>>318063912
Not to mention there are new areas like Bevelle Underground, Farplane, Fiend Colony, Golden Chocobo Dungeon, Thunder Plains Dungeon, Via Infinito, Kilika, Gagazet Peak
and new Minigames like Coyote Racing, Sphere Break, Blitzball Manager

>>318064437
>people still claiming JPOP because of the intro sequence when JPOP Yuna is an imposter
>>
>>318065843
WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU?
>>
>>318065843

>people still justifying the most cringe enducing cutscene in the FF universe because it 'wasn't Yuna'
>when it clearly was still an excuse to make people think she was a JPOP idol
>Yuna is still jumping around doing JPOP inspired dance moves and poses in battle
>>
>>318066189
>Cringe
Grow up.
>>
>>318066189
>Dancer Job dancing when using skills is somehow unfitting
>Victory poses like blowing on your gun, bowing down and taking off your mascot costume's head are JPOP poses
>>
>>318066386

>complaining about a word you don't like
Grow up.
>>
>>318067317
>Complaining about a word
No, I'm telling you to grow up if you honestly think it's "cringe"
>>
>>318065692
Maybe i should not check them out if they are so shit
>>318065775
Ok so the same world is a excuse to not make anything new?
Ok, sure
>>318065843
You mean those bland dungeons that are 10 times worse then actual FFX maps and i dont even remember them ?
Yeah great fucking levels, top quality work here.
>>
File: FFX2psychic.jpg (161 KB, 587x600) Image search: [Google]
FFX2psychic.jpg
161 KB, 587x600
>>318065835
Game's easy because most abilities are overpowered, you can get Alchemist by chapter 2 and just train until you have free Mega Potions or exploit elemental magic weaknesses

HD version gave way to more broken dresspheres like Psychic, but it also removed the Cat Nip Trigger Happy combo so I see that lategame as being very painful and reliant on Garment Grid Nodes (something I never bothered to use before)
>>
>>318067512
>Maybe i should not check them out if they are so shit
Vast majority of sequels that focus on same world, same characters, same time span reuse locations excessively.

>Ok so the same world is a excuse to not make anything new?
>You mean those bland dungeons that are 10 times worse then actual FFX maps and i dont even remember them ?
You can't make this shit up. "Why is there nothing new? But I don't mean those new things, I mean, I can't even remember lmao :PPP"
>>
>>318067512
Well you know what, FFX-2 is not for you, go play another game
>>
>>318067512
>is a excuse to not make anything new?

Are you just pretending to be stupid? I just told you there were new areas you fucking retard.
>>
>>318068018
They don't count because he doesn't like them, anon.
>>
File: what_girl.jpg (38 KB, 362x346) Image search: [Google]
what_girl.jpg
38 KB, 362x346
>>318067461

>grow up
>for not liking a scene aimed at horny teens
>>
>>318067747
>Vast majority of sequels that focus on same world, same characters, same time span reuse locations excessively.
But reusing everything? Every location, every enemym exact same enemy models, exact same locations.
I dont care if they added some shitty dungeons to it.
They recycled everything you dumb shit
>You can't make this shit up. "Why is there nothing new? But I don't mean those new things, I mean, I can't even remember lmao :PPP"
Listen shithead, if they would make interesting fun new locations, belive me i would remember them , its not my fault that they are complete hacks and you people eat this shit like its candy
>>
>>318068356
you're repeating yourself regardless of people already telling you how wrong you are, fuck off moron
>>
>>318068356
Again they fucking created new things that were listed but you dismissed them completely.

You're fucking contradicting yourself in that very post.

>They recycled everything you dumb shit
>I dont care if they added some shitty dungeons to it.

>Listen shithead, if they would make interesting fun new locations
It's fucking subjective if you enjoy it or not. They can not create OBJECTIVELY interesting fun new locations. There will always be people who dislike them, in this case, you.
>>
the OST can be pretty hype on certain fights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ySDdgGfrgY
>>
>>318069389
>Again they fucking created new things that were listed but you dismissed them completely.
I never dismissed them, i just told you , making some shitty dungeons dont count as new interesting locations.
I could take , for example, Baldurs Gate 2 maps, add some lame "new" locations and call it a day, hell i could even make stupid cutscenes around it and sell it as a sequel
It's fucking subjective if you enjoy it or not. >They can not create OBJECTIVELY interesting fun new locations. There will always be people who dislike them, in this case, you.
And you say they are good?
You look at Zanankard and Macalania woods and tell me with a straight face , that they are the same quality?
I know , J-pop version Yuna is hot but to deal with all this bullshit just for that?
>>
>>318070457
>I never dismissed them
>You mean those bland dungeons that are 10 times worse then actual FFX maps and i dont even remember them ?

Just stop it, anon.
>>
>>318070457
X's locations were shit. X-2's are pretty much of the same quality.
>>
>>318070457
Proper version of my post
>Again they fucking created new things that were listed but you dismissed them completely.
I never dismissed them, i just told you , making some shitty dungeons dont count as new interesting locations.
I could take , for example, Baldurs Gate 2 maps, add some lame "new" locations and call it a day, hell i could even make stupid cutscenes around it and sell it as a sequel
>It's fucking subjective if you enjoy it or not. They can not create OBJECTIVELY interesting fun new locations. There will always be people who dislike them, in this case, you.
And you say they are good?
You look at Zanankard and Macalania woods and tell me with a straight face , that they are the same quality?
I know , J-pop version Yuna is hot but to deal with all this bullshit just for that?
>>
the battle system and job/dress up sphere is really good

story not so much at all

it's fanservice with a budget, almost nothing like 10
>>
File: 1413450830606.jpg (198 KB, 900x1360) Image search: [Google]
1413450830606.jpg
198 KB, 900x1360
>Tidus kicks a ball and it explodes
>it was a mine
>Tidus dies
GREAT STORY
>>
>>318070657
They are the same so im not suprised
>>
>>318070946
I was talking about the new ones, which you've apparently forgotten again.
>>
>>318070876
>Still buying into this meme
>>
>>318070876
Whose ass is that? Also requesting more of it.
>>
>>318070876

thats the book not x2

x2 is yuna sees a video she thinks is tidus but it isn't tidus
>>
File: 1425653429753.jpg (14 KB, 178x283) Image search: [Google]
1425653429753.jpg
14 KB, 178x283
>>318069543
damn, the memories

this reminded me how rad the ost was too
>>
>>318071764
Still canon.
>>
>>318071764

The book basically tells everyone who played FFX and X-2 that they wasted their time.

Then again FFX also did the same thing by making everything besides Tidus pointless.
>>
>>318066189
>cringe inducing
That's a really weird way of spelling fantastic
>>
AND NOW I KNOW

fuck you guys that was awesome to my teenaged self
>>
>>318065953
I CAN HEAR YOU
>>
It's superior in every way to FFX except for the boss themes
>>318072938
THE WORLD OF REAL EMOTION HAS SURROOOOOOUNDED ME
>>
the songs weren't the cringe parts, the Leblanc massage mini-game was
>>
>>318073496
>Not wanting to massage Leblanc
what are you? a faggot?
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.