[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I get this game on the steam sale?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: header.jpg (35 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
35 KB, 460x215
Should I get this game on the steam sale?
>>
It's a shit game, so no. But if you want to play it despite that, then sure.
>>
>>318059701
It's great and it's pretty active online. I love it.
>>
>>318059701
has this ever gone for 75% off

I won't buy it until then
>>
File: 1446654121868.jpg (26 KB, 313x313) Image search: [Google]
1446654121868.jpg
26 KB, 313x313
>>318060483
>>318060548
haha dont bother op is garbage
>>
I'm not a psychic OP, I don't know what kind of games you like.

What's your opinion on the Souls series? Have you played any prior?
>>
It's the worst souls game but it's still a good game
>>
>>318060659
I'm certain SotFS hasn't at least.
I might buy it but frankly I can wait a month for the inevitably better sale.
>>
>>318061850
Yes I've played Dark Souls and Bloodborne. Loved them both.
>>
>>318061973
I concur. It's like skyward sword. Is it a shitty game, no, not necessarily, it just seems shitty when you compare it to the rest of the series. I had a pretty good time with it, but it's clearly not a graceful sequel.
>>
>>318059701
This game is fucking trash compared to the rest in the series but still manages to be better than most other games on the market right now.
>>
Dark Souls 2 is a great game, and you will get way more than your money's worth if you enjoyed DS1 and BB, especially in a sale.
>>
>>318061982
It's only $16 on G2A, that's where I bought my friend a copy last week.

If you do buy it, make sure you're getting the GLOBAL key otherwise you won't be able to activate it.
>>
>>318062249
then buy it mang, /v/ shits on it but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The multiplayer surpasses the first
>>
>>318059701
Go for it, OP. It's a pretty good game.
>>
>>318062523
>The multiplayer surpasses the first
Yeah, the PVE content excluding the DLCs isn't nearly as good as the other games in the series, but the PVP is top notch and my personal favorite.
Mostly because of the retarded amount of weapons and armor sets, there's a ton of build variety.
>>
>>318062249

Sounds like it's worth a buy then.

It's not my favourite in the series by any means but it retains a lot of what makes the games good without retreading on old enemies or areas at all, so it's worth experiencing.
>>
>>318059701
it's the worst souls game, but it's still pretty good
>>
>>318059701
Yes, its fucking awesome
>>
Stupid, overrated, poorly designed meme game. Now that the dust has settled, we can all finally accept that this entire series is complete crap and the only reason it was ever considered "good" in the first place is because redditors made it out to be the hardest thing ever, and we all know "hardcore" gamers dont actually play games to have fun, but instead to just prove theyre more hardcore than the next gamer. Bought this game for like 7 bucks, and I feel like Ive played enough to have an opinion on it. There is no pacing, there is no "getting good" since the hitboxes are broken as hell, and is jam packed full of artifical difficulty.
I rate this game reddit/10
>>
File: 1392709907416.jpg (118 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1392709907416.jpg
118 KB, 640x480
Really didn't care for 2 much at all, and though Scholar was an even bigger mess when I played through it at a friends house, so no. I'd maybe get it if it goes under $10, but that's about it. Getting the Dull Ember way earlier was nice, but how the fuck can anyone see most of the new enemy placements as an improvement? Oh yeah, and all the petrified people just blocking random fucking doors all over the place just because.
>>
>good pvp
>hex spams: the game

el oh el
>>
If you haven't played regular Dark Souls 2 then SotFS is definitely worth it on sale.

Kind of tempted to buy it myself even though I've already been through the regular game a few times and the dlc once.
>>
File: 571376017039592.jpg (16 KB, 275x177) Image search: [Google]
571376017039592.jpg
16 KB, 275x177
>>318063268
>dex is literally worthless in PvE and only good in PvP because of LOL STUNLOCK
>scaling is just fucked across the board
>DLC aside, infused weapons shit on everything
>buffs give A BONUS to infused weapons on top of their standard damage boost
>faith is just shit since the first major patch
>Magic has a few good high level spells, but is completely overshadowed by Hexes
>>
>>318063291
If you already own the base game and the season pass it may not be worth it unless you decide to play it a lot.

The changes to the base game really aren't too substantial, but some of them are pretty nice.
It's a lot easier to get certain armor sets for instance, like the Aurous set or the Heide Knight set.
You can also get certain weapons much earlier now that normally would have required you to go through a majority of the game to actually get as well.
Like the Grand Lance and the Staff of Wisdom, those 2 are probably the most standout examples.

Also the player base has shifted over to SotFS.

Really if you can get it for cheap and intend to play through the game a couple of times, it's worth a buy.
>>
>>318059701
No its the same shit with the copy and paste tool used.

Buy Dark Souls 1 instead.
>>
>>318063263
The framerate and the torch changes is what really makes it better.
>>
Is dark souls really that difficult on a keyboard and mouse?
>>
>>318063196
lmao mad cuz bad
git gud
>>
>>318064646
Yep, don't bother with M&KB on either Dark Souls 1 or 2.

If you don't have a controller then get one.
If you don't want to buy one, then don't buy the games.
>>
>>318059701
PVP is really nice, PVE is very easy.
>>
>>318062295
Way better than Twilight Princess, that was complete shit.
>>
>>318064394
I already have played that for more than 100 hours
>>
>>318062523
>wonky hitboxes
>Only a handfull weapons to use in PvP
>playing pvp seriously
I have no idea why people do this.

And its shit.
>>
I have pretty much given up on the DaSII DLC ever going on sale.

But what are the chances of SotFS getting a better deal during the winter sale?
I said to myself to actually play through the game before DaSIII, but I don't want to do the "upgrade" and lose my vanilla DaSII.
>>
it's a very good game

the online is way better than DS1, the world is kinda shitty though. The second and third DLC's are great
>>
>>318064570
Torch changes?
>>
>>318066098
>the online is way better than DS1
I always see people using this in defense of 2, but I really don't get the reasoning behind it. Co-op and PvP are outright gimped by soul memory unless you waste a ring slot on an item that was only added around SotFS's release, the netcode is as bad as ever, arguably with even more teleporting and phantom hits, and the actual PvP covenants are worse than their predecessors since they don't get infinite use orbs and have absurd requirements for their covenant prizes.
>>
>>318065793
Buying the upgrade literally just adds DS2: SotFS to your library.
It counts as a completely different game.

You can still install the original DS2 whenever you want.
>>
You should just get Bloodborne
>>
>>318066672
I have Bloodborne though, and finished it many times
>>
>>318066473
>the netcode is as bad as ever
You ever play demon's souls or dark souls m8?
I'll agree with your other points a bit, but don't just straight up lie about the netcode, it's drastically better than the 2 previous games.
>>
>>318066984
I've played all three extensively, and DS2 has some of the most absurd teleporting I've seen in the series.
>>
>>318067073
I really don't see how, are you sure it's not on your end?

I just played through DS1 and DS2: SotFS with my friend back to back and the connection is much better than the first game.
We just finished DS2 earlier this morning actually. Still need to do the 3rd DLC though

And Demon's Souls isn't even a debate, the netcode on that is fucking garbage. It's only slightly better than DS1 since it's server-based to connect to other people.
>>
>>318066627
For real? I read that it would replace it. With DX11 shit and everything.
But all that is left separate then? That's neat. I guess I'll grab it immediately then.
>>
>>318069140
Yeah, it just gets added to your library right under Dark Souls 2 as a different game so you can boot up and play whichever.
Though your saves won't transfer over to SotFS.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.