[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Played this piece of shit for 24 minutes. Asking for a refund
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: lffKtLw.jpg (20 KB, 527x238) Image search: [Google]
lffKtLw.jpg
20 KB, 527x238
Played this piece of shit for 24 minutes. Asking for a refund already.

Why is this so bad?
>>
Because it tries to be old style Resident Evil, mixed with RE4/RE5 and fails at everything. It is a truly awful experience and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
>>
>>318039994
Did you fix the FPS and letterbox issue?
This game was okay. I pre-ordered it and felt a little burnt out. Why they don't add a mercenaries mode is something I don't understand because the gore, gunplay and survival mechanics are perfect for it.

Shinji Mikami changed.
>>
>>318039994
>24 minutes

Did you even get past the intro?
>>
>>318039994
You're a horrible person with absolute shit taste in vidya.
>>
>>318040382
My guess would be he quit after the Michael Bay action sequence, which is understandable considering how awful that is.

>>318039994
If you really want to know what you were missing past that, about 4-5 hours of The Last Of Us stealth gameplay, several hours of horrible and unneeded platforming & then 7 whole chapters of a shooting gauntlet. You didn't miss much.
>>
>>318040382
I doubt it, it takes minimum 10 minutes to do chapter 1 in a speedrun, knowing everything there is to do.

First time around must be around 30 minutes if you're not rushing like a retard.
>>
>>318040614
>If you really want to know what you were missing past that, about 4-5 hours of The Last Of Us stealth gameplay, several hours of horrible and unneeded platforming & then 7 whole chapters of a shooting gauntlet. You didn't miss much.

Are you on drugs or something?
>>
This game didn't really know what it wanted to be. It couldn't decide between being a survival horror game and an action game and it just became a shit version of both. The game just felt dull and uninteresting.
>>
>>318039994
How quickly does Steam usually refund games, in my case a pre order? I'd rather use that money for Black Friday deals and cancel my R6 Siege pre order.
>>
>>318040720
Nope. That's the whole game. Once you get to chapter 9, there's no point to the rest of the game. The game has already told you everything & the next 7 chapters are spent continually telling you the same thing, while your character acts like he hasn't heard it before.
>>
>>318040720

He's right. That really is the entire game. What an awful experience. The Evil Within suffers the same issues all current "horror" games suffer.
>>
>>318041059
>>318041185
Samefagging with terrible taste
>>
>>318040382
I got to the first enemy, that guy that you need to stealth and shit. I was expecting a different kind of game.

I hate horror games where you need to hide.

>le hide in cabinet face
>>
>>318040779
i asked for a refund on an ingame item i bought and couldn't gift, happened in under an hour, but that was into my steam account. i assume standard bank transfer times are in place for returns to bank.
>>
>>318041373
Try refuting instead of being defensive. It's obvious I played it, otherwise I wouldn't know when it goes to shit.
>>
>>318041667
Or like the underage faggot you are you just watched a LP of it.

Seriously, this game was GOTY 2014.

>inb4 muh survival horror

Survival horror doesn't exist. RE games have never been survival games, you always had so much weapons/health items you could blast through everything.
>>
>>318040614
I hate this game. It's like a crappy broken version of TLOU gameplay, in really boring, empty & bland surroundings. Everything in this game can be described as bland.
>>
>>318039994
>Wanting a refund after only 24 minutes
You're doing the right thing brudda. I played it for 2 hours, and it's trash
>>
>>318041746

>Underaged

Probably older than you. I also never mentioned RE, as much as this game is simply a poor man's RE4. What does survival horror have to do with The Evil Within being a bad game?
>>
File: 61231.png (62 KB, 298x125) Image search: [Google]
61231.png
62 KB, 298x125
It's actually pretty good, you should have give it a try, oh well, it doesn't matter anyway, given the bad reception the game got I don't think we'll ever see a sequel.
>>
>>318041746
Hah, you can't be for real.
Didn't Alien: Isolation release in 2014? It was a better game in every single aspect, not to mention prettier and a great testimony to the original movie.

Evil Within was a travesty that I regret paying for.
>>
>>318039994
i thought it was entertaining.
very surreal, and often in an over-the-top catastrophic sort of way, which i liked, but it also became a fault of the game when the environment & situation you were in changed so frequently.
it nullified the long-term survival stuff that its mechanics seemed to be built for.
wonderful friction to it, the exploding heads are on point. nice game i'd say, some very fun and tense situations in it. but could have better overall structural design, like i said.
>>
>>318041746
You are way too defensive over a piece of trash like this. It's not a good horror game, it's not even a good action game. It simply exists.
>>
Chapter 1 is shit because of the slow pacing and how long it takes to pick up, but chapter 2 and 3 are great, it's good until chapter 6, then it becomes shit again on chapter 7 and beyond only to be good again in the last two chapters. It's a rollercoaster of emotions.
>>
File: 1443995960501.gif (3 MB, 286x258) Image search: [Google]
1443995960501.gif
3 MB, 286x258
>>318039994
>Played this piece of shit for 24 minutes. Asking for a refund already.
>Why is this so bad?

Because your taste in games is shit and you're most likely very young.
I mean you didn't even play through the intro part of the game before you dropped it. Do you have ADHD?
>>
I really hate this game. Everything is so boring. There's a difference between surrealism and just putting random shit in random places to where it feels like everything is thrown together. Also, Sebastian was an idiot. How many times do you have to be told something, then act like you know something special & then act like you know nothing? Did they just throw everything together at the last minute?
>>
>>318041378
That's pretty much the only hiding sequence in the game
Good job retard
>>
>>318040195
>Did you fix the FPS and letterbox issue?

Fixed in a patch ages ago, for consoles as well.

> Why they don't add a mercenaries mode

Because it's not RE? They released Executioner DLC for people that wanted more action.
>>
>>318042310
>They released Executioner DLC for people that wanted more action

Which has literally nothing to do with the core gameplay of the game, I still don't understand why the fuck they added that mode.
>>
File: 1427568025171.png (437 KB, 712x540) Image search: [Google]
1427568025171.png
437 KB, 712x540
>>318041378
>I hate horror games where you need to hide.
>>le hide in cabinet face

Great job idiot. This is a game where the horror atmosphere is intact but you can still defend yourself with weapons and shit, but of course you wouldn't know that since you're an autistic sperg that probably died 3-5 times while trying to sneak and ragequit and now has to whine on /v/ about it.

Fuck off.
>>
>>318039994
It's a fun game, faggot. Try actually playing past the first chapter.
>>
>>318042353
>Which has literally nothing to do with the core gameplay of the game, I still don't understand why the fuck they added that mode.

For people that wanted more action?

Kidman DLC was added for story and more survival horror (she isn't as strong in combat as Sebastian).
>>
File: 1427201515279.png (86 KB, 288x277) Image search: [Google]
1427201515279.png
86 KB, 288x277
>>318039994
>not liking a more spooky RE4
>>
>>318039994
Probably one of my favorite horror games
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.