[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games without loadingscreens, I'll start.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: sweetprince.jpg (54 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
sweetprince.jpg
54 KB, 640x640
Games without loadingscreens, I'll start.
>>
>>318039783
may this series rest in peace

also
>pic related
>>
Are these all going to be series that are RIP?
>>
Gothic, I believe.
Sims 3 (well, unless you want to switch to other city)
Prince of Persia trilogy.
>>
File: Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg (34 KB, 238x293) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg
34 KB, 238x293
>>
>>318042258
Sorry Todd, you're persona non grata here
>>
>>318041928
>Gothic, I believe.

One of the first things you see is a loading screen, dude.
>>
>>318039783
That was some really fucking crazy shit back in the day. As far as I remember, no one pulled that off for several years after this game.
>>
>>318042408
>implying there was any game with instant start aside from really small ones
It had no loading screens while I running around the world as far as I remember.
>>
>>318042608
Well yeah, that's true. The only time a loading screen appears is if you go to some bigger underground location like one of the mines or the Orc settlements.
>>
>>318042408
just like soul reaver
>>
>>318039783
They masked the loading pretty cleverly.
The long ass door opening animations, Raziel's slow walk through the portal, long repeating straits and small corridors, you did tons of time wasting stuff and some times these moments was stacked ontop of each other for the heavier loading. They got away with it by doing the smart thing of never letting the player be snapped out of gameplay, the cherry on top was that it all fit thematically.
>>
>>318042408
>>318042608

As far as i remember the old mine in gothic 1 had a loading screen
>>
Fuck, I need to play Gothic.
>>
>>318043015
The weird thing is that i got my hands on a pirated ruski version of the game before the release and there were none of those animations, except for opening doors. I swear it was like magick when you just walked through the portal and you were instantly in a different place. Blew my mind back then.
>>
itt ppl to young to have played cartridge games
>>
>>318043318
That's another brilliant trickery they used. All teleportation rooms are loaded all together because they are all fairly small and low detail so when you switched portals you are basically just switching through preloaded rooms and when Raziel walked through that was the "mark" of what needed to be loaded up once you exited that room. And the way to those portals was through those slow doors and usually long spiral staircases.
>>
File: screenshot 2015-05-02 09-10-38.jpg (65 KB, 504x381) Image search: [Google]
screenshot 2015-05-02 09-10-38.jpg
65 KB, 504x381
>>318043705
>even trying to count 8-bit and 16-bit shit
>>
Uncharted 2.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.