[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starcraft 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: legacy.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1478) Image search: [Google]
legacy.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1478
>tons of PATHOS
>almost everyone's dialogue is as phony as Optimus Prime's in recent movies
>shitty character redesigns (that goes for SC2 in general)
>most missions are the same (especially "collect/activate x number of y" ones)
>plot is even worse than in Heart of the Swarm/Wings of liberty
>ending is shit
What went wrong? Was it Activision?
>>
Multiplayer still dope
>>
>>318027132
They saved the worst faction for last. I fucking hate playing Protoss and yes their voices are shit, it makes it even worse playing campaign.
>>
>>318027132
Awesome storytelling, brilliant multiplayer. Kill yourself.
>>
File: ^).gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
^).gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>318027132
>Awesome storytelling
>>
>>318027132
It's just Neo-Blizzard, look at that shit storyline in Cataclysm.

But for SC2, everything else went damn right. Even the campaign has some amazingly fun missions
>>
>>318027725
>Awesome storytelling
>Kill yourself
No U.
SC2 is even below the quality of some bad childrens shows.
>>
>everyone expects the xel naga to come back as a morally gray faction
>instead its literally the most ancient of evils has awakened

why
>>
>>318027132
>Was it Activision?
No, they started as early as Diablo2 with being shit at design and writing, long before the fusion with activision.
>>
>>318027132
campaign was way better then HotS though, so thats a bonus. I enjoyed it, though not as much as I did WoL. Why did Blizzard continuously back away from having your finite credits that you have to spend wisely and roll with whatever you picked, to every unit and power being basically liquid and can be switched on a whim. Also no real branching paths or secret missions. I also thought it was a wasted opportunity for the tal'darim that you fight not to be using the tal'darim versions of the units
>>
File: Untiteld.png (3 KB, 432x367) Image search: [Google]
Untiteld.png
3 KB, 432x367
Discuss
>>
>>318028127
Explain ?
>>
>>318028127

>Untiteld.png
>>
>>318027132
It's better than HotS for one, not that it's a difficult feat to accomplish

Campaign units were pretty dope though
>>
>>318028347
colors used in starcraft broodwar vs starcraft ii.
>>
>>318028518
This. The gameplay of the campaign was really interesting. But the story just made me feel bad for how low blizzard's fallen in that department.
>>
Can anyone sum up the story? I don't even feel like pirating this expansion.
>>
>>318028685
Ancient evil takes over all protoss except for a few
Everyone fights ancient evil
Ancient evil pushed back to void
Xelnaga summons everyone to the void to fuse with kerrigan
Kerrigan beats Ancient Evil and lives ever happily after with raynor
>>
File: 1448051502417.gif (1 MB, 268x274) Image search: [Google]
1448051502417.gif
1 MB, 268x274
>>318027641
>playing the campaign
>>
Any tips for a SC II beginner? I'm playing Protoss campaing on Normal atm but still have huge losses.
>>
>>318030058
play Starcraft 1
>>
>>318030167

>awful pathing
>12 units per control group

no thanks
>>
>>318030167
Graphical glitches. Can't be arsed fiddling with it.
>>
>>318028789
That last shit is fucking gay.
>>
>>318027132
i liked the campaign u doofy

was actually pretty challenging on brutal as opposed to the other campaigns
>>
>>318027132
>tons of PATHOS
>almost everyone's dialogue is as phony as Optimus Prime's in recent movies
It's protoss, what the hell did you expect?
>shitty character redesigns (that goes for SC2 in general)
Subjective, but I will agree.
>most missions are the same (especially "collect/activate x number of y" ones)
Nah, even though half of them is "collect/activate x number of y", there's always some bullshit that varies it up.
>plot is even worse than in Heart of the Swarm/Wings of liberty
>ending is shit
Yes, it's usual Metzen storywriting of "MUH DARK GODS"

Overall if you cared about story in SC2 you got fucked, but gameplay is fun, so if you want to play it, you can.
>>
>>318027132
The game is fun and the story is shit. This has been the same for every SC2 campaign and if you think otherwise you're diluting yourself.
>>
>>318030058
In general, always build workers until saturated. Most people put armies in control groups 1 and 2, and nexus on 4 or something out there. Learn when you can just let your units go (like moving somewhere across the map) , then you can turn you're attention elsewhere. Never stop making units until you're comfortable with build orders. Don't bank lots of money.

For the campaign, spam spear of adun and void rays. On normal, invest in base defenses so that when you get attacked, even if your defenses aren't enough you can at least respond in time and not lose important buildings. Mass recall is good for that. The missions are usually geared toward the unit you just got, so use those a bunch and add other units to cover their shortcomings (like phoenix:they can't attack buildings, so have a group of stalkers or immortals to support them).

Much of SC 2 is muscle memory and switching focus. Don't waste time sitting watching your army wreck things unless you're going to micro like crazy. User that time to make more probes, expand, or build tech buildings.
>>
>>318028789
You forgot that Zagara takes over the zerg and starts conquering nearby planets, completely ignoring that the zerg conquest started the events of sc1. They seriously gloss over it in a "where are they now" slide show at the end.
>>
File: sure.jpg (22 KB, 176x494) Image search: [Google]
sure.jpg
22 KB, 176x494
>>318027641
>>
>>318027132
>That one protoss with the beard.

That shouldn't be a thing.
>>
>>318033618
>That one smug sith protoss with Q's voice

That should be a more common thing
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.